Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ptges2
Description: prostaglandin E synthase 2
Alias: 0610038H10Rik, C79137, Gbf1, Mpges2, Pges2, prostaglandin E synthase 2, GATE-binding factor 1, mPGES-2, microsomal prostaglandin E synthase 2
- Lundequist A, Nallamshetty S, Xing W, Feng C, Laidlaw T, Uematsu S, et al. Prostaglandin E(2) exerts homeostatic regulation of pulmonary vascular remodeling in allergic airway inflammation. J Immunol. 2010;184:433-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, mPGES-1 and its product, PGE(2), protect the pulmonary vasculature from remodeling during allergen-induced pulmonary inflammation, and these effects may be mediated by more than one EP receptor. ..
- Radi Z, Ostroski R. Pulmonary and cardiorenal cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1), -2 (COX-2), and microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 (mPGES-1) and -2 (mPGES-2) expression in a hypertension model. Mediators Inflamm. 2007;2007:85091 pubmed
- Facemire C, Nguyen M, Jania L, Beierwaltes W, Kim H, Koller B, et al. A major role for the EP4 receptor in regulation of renin. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F1035-41 pubmed publisher..with targeted disruption of several key genes: cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), microsomal PGE synthases 1 and 2 (mPGES1, mPGES2), EP2 and EP4 receptors for PGE(2), and the IP receptor for PGI(2)...
- Jania L, Chandrasekharan S, Backlund M, Foley N, Snouwaert J, Wang I, et al. Microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-2 is not essential for in vivo prostaglandin E2 biosynthesis. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2009;88:73-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, analysis of the mPGES-2 deficient mouse lines does not substantiate the contention that mPGES-2 is a PGE(2) synthase. ..
- Meng Q, Raha A, Roy S, Hu J, Kalvakolanu D. IFN-gamma-stimulated transcriptional activation by IFN-gamma-activated transcriptional element-binding factor 1 occurs via an inducible interaction with CAAAT/enhancer-binding protein-beta. J Immunol. 2005;174:6203-11 pubmedIFN-gamma-activated transcriptional element (GATE)-binding factor 1 (GBF1) was identified as a transactivator that induces gene expression through GATE, a novel IFN-inducible element...
- Bosetti F, Langenbach R, Weerasinghe G. Prostaglandin E2 and microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-2 expression are decreased in the cyclooxygenase-2-deficient mouse brain despite compensatory induction of cyclooxygenase-1 and Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2. J Neurochem. 2004;91:1389-97 pubmed..Overall, the data suggest that compensatory mechanisms exist in COX-2(-/-) mice and that mPGES-2 is functionally coupled with COX-2. ..
- Zhang M, Yao B, Wang Y, Yang S, Wang S, Fan X, et al. Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 in hematopoietic cells results in salt-sensitive hypertension. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:4281-94 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these results indicate that inhibiting COX-2 expression or activity in hematopoietic cells can result in a predisposition to salt-sensitive hypertension. ..