Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Psmb11
Description: proteasome (prosome, macropain) subunit, beta type, 11
Alias: 5830406J20Rik, beta5t, proteasome subunit beta type-11, proteasome beta 11 subunit, proteasome subunit beta-5t, proteasome subunit beta5t
- Heinonen K, Vanegas J, Brochu S, Shan J, Vainio S, Perreault C. Wnt4 regulates thymic cellularity through the expansion of thymic epithelial cells and early thymic progenitors. Blood. 2011;118:5163-73 pubmed publisher..Wnt4 and its downstream signaling pathways could thus represent interesting candidates to improve thymic output in subjects with thymic atrophy. ..
- Nowell C, Bredenkamp N, Tételin S, Jin X, Tischner C, Vaidya H, et al. Foxn1 regulates lineage progression in cortical and medullary thymic epithelial cells but is dispensable for medullary sublineage divergence. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002348 pubmed publisher..Our novel revertible hypomorph system may be similarly applied to analyzing other regulators of development. ..
- Xing Y, Jameson S, Hogquist K. Thymoproteasome subunit-?5T generates peptide-MHC complexes specialized for positive selection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6979-84 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results suggest that the thymoproteasome supports positive selection by generating peptides that are optimized for the selection of weakly self-reactive, naïve T-cell clones. ..
- Sasaki K, Takada K, Ohte Y, Kondo H, Sorimachi H, Tanaka K, et al. Thymoproteasomes produce unique peptide motifs for positive selection of CD8(+) T cells. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7484 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that tCPs contribute to the positive selection of CD8(+) T cells by preferentially producing low-affinity TCR ligand peptides. ..
- Ohigashi I, Zuklys S, Sakata M, Mayer C, Hamazaki Y, Minato N, et al. Adult Thymic Medullary Epithelium Is Maintained and Regenerated by Lineage-Restricted Cells Rather Than Bipotent Progenitors. Cell Rep. 2015;13:1432-1443 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the adult thymic medullary epithelium is maintained and regenerated by mTEC-lineage cells that pass beyond the bipotent stage during early ontogeny. ..
- Nitta T, Murata S, Sasaki K, Fujii H, Ripen A, Ishimaru N, et al. Thymoproteasome shapes immunocompetent repertoire of CD8+ T cells. Immunity. 2010;32:29-40 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that thymoproteasome-dependent self-peptide production is required for the development of an immunocompetent repertoire of CD8+ T cells. ..
- Reeh K, Cardenas K, Bain V, Liu Z, LAURENT M, Manley N, et al. Ectopic TBX1 suppresses thymic epithelial cell differentiation and proliferation during thymus organogenesis. Development. 2014;141:2950-8 pubmed publisher..The results support the hypothesis that Tbx1 negatively regulates TEC growth and differentiation, and that extinction of Tbx1 expression in 3rd pp endoderm is a prerequisite for thymus organogenesis. ..