Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pros1
Description: protein S (alpha)
Alias: AW214361, vitamin K-dependent protein S
- Tashima Y, Banno F, Kita T, Matsuda Y, Yanamoto H, Miyata T. Plasminogen Tochigi mice exhibit phenotypes similar to wild-type mice under experimental thrombotic conditions. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180981 pubmed publisher..PlgT/T mice can be used to investigate the potential pathophysiological impact of the Plg-A620T mutation. ..
- Lu D, Schmidel D, Long G. Structure of mouse protein S as determined by PCR amplification and DNA sequencing of cDNA. Thromb Res. 1994;74:135-42 pubmed..The mouse protein S contains two potential N-glycosylation sites at positions #458 and 468 and is lacking the putative glycosylation site at #490 found in human protein S. ..
- Yasuma T, Yano Y, D Alessandro Gabazza C, Toda M, Gil Bernabe P, Kobayashi T, et al. Amelioration of Diabetes by Protein S. Diabetes. 2016;65:1940-51 pubmed publisher..This study shows that protein S attenuates diabetes by inhibiting apoptosis of ?-cells and the development of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Zhu D, Wang Y, Singh I, Bell R, Deane R, Zhong Z, et al. Protein S controls hypoxic/ischemic blood-brain barrier disruption through the TAM receptor Tyro3 and sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor. Blood. 2010;115:4963-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that PS protects the BBB integrity via Tyro3 and S1P(1), suggesting potentially novel treatments for neurovascular dysfunction resulting from hypoxic/ischemic BBB damage...
- Burstyn Cohen T, Heeb M, Lemke G. Lack of protein S in mice causes embryonic lethal coagulopathy and vascular dysgenesis. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2942-53 pubmed publisherProtein S (ProS) is a blood anticoagulant encoded by the Pros1 gene, and ProS deficiencies are associated with venous thrombosis, stroke, and autoimmunity...
- Saller F, Brisset A, Tchaikovski S, Azevedo M, Chrast R, Fernandez J, et al. Generation and phenotypic analysis of protein S-deficient mice. Blood. 2009;114:2307-14 pubmed publisher..5 and the full term. Thus, similar to human phenotypes, mild heterozygous PS deficiency in mice was associated with a thrombotic phenotype, whereas total homozygous deficiency in PS was incompatible with life. ..
- Jones L, McCarthy K, Beard J, Keen C, Jones B. Quantitative genetic analysis of brain copper and zinc in BXD recombinant inbred mice. Nutr Neurosci. 2006;9:81-92 pubmed..More importantly, revelation of the genetic underpinnings of copper and zinc brain homeostasis will aid our understanding of neurological diseases that are related to copper and zinc imbalance. ..