Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prokr1
Description: prokineticin receptor 1
Alias: EG-VEGFR1, Gpr73, Pk-r1, Pkr1, prokineticin receptor 1, G-protein coupled receptor 73
- Szatkowski C, Vallet J, Dormishian M, Messaddeq N, Valet P, Boulberdaa M, et al. Prokineticin receptor 1 as a novel suppressor of preadipocyte proliferation and differentiation to control obesity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81175 pubmed publisher..Prokineticin-2 is an angiogenic and anorexigenic hormone that activate two G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs): PKR1 and PKR2. Prokineticin-2 regulates food intake and energy metabolism via central mechanisms (PKR2)...
- LeCouter J, Lin R, Frantz G, Zhang Z, Hillan K, Ferrara N. Mouse endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor: a distinct expression pattern from its human ortholog suggests different roles as a regulator of organ-specific angiogenesis. Endocrinology. 2003;144:2606-16 pubmed..We propose that mouse EG-VEGF, like human EG-VEGF, plays a role in regulating the phenotype and growth properties of endothelial cells within distinct capillary beds. ..
- Dormishian M, Turkeri G, Urayama K, Nguyen T, Boulberdaa M, Messaddeq N, et al. Prokineticin receptor-1 is a new regulator of endothelial insulin uptake and capillary formation to control insulin sensitivity and cardiovascular and kidney functions. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000411 pubmed publisher..The peptide hormones prokineticins exert their angiogenic function via prokineticin receptor-1 (PKR1)...
- Nili E, Cojocaru G, Kalma Y, Ginsberg D, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Nuclear membrane protein LAP2beta mediates transcriptional repression alone and together with its binding partner GCL (germ-cell-less). J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3297-307 pubmed..Co-expression of both LAP2beta and mGCL with the E2F-DP complex resulted in a reduced transcriptional activity equal to that exerted by the pRb protein. ..
- Parker R, Liu M, Eyre H, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Crawford J, et al. Y-receptor-like genes GPR72 and GPR73: molecular cloning, genomic organisation and assignment to human chromosome 11q21.1 and 2p14 and mouse chromosome 9 and 6. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1491:369-75 pubmedTwo novel G-protein-coupled receptors, one from human, GPR72, and one from mouse, GPR73 have been isolated, sequenced and their genomic organisation determined...
- Koyama Y, Kiyo oka M, Osakada M, Horiguchi N, Shintani N, Ago Y, et al. Expression of prokineticin receptors in mouse cultured astrocytes and involvement in cell proliferation. Brain Res. 2006;1112:65-9 pubmed..These results indicate that PK receptors are expressed in astrocytes and regulate astrocytic proliferation. ..
- Negri L, Lattanzi R, Giannini E, Colucci M, Margheriti F, Melchiorri P, et al. Impaired nociception and inflammatory pain sensation in mice lacking the prokineticin receptor PKR1: focus on interaction between PKR1 and the capsaicin receptor TRPV1 in pain behavior. J Neurosci. 2006;26:6716-27 pubmed..and prokineticin-2, are naturally occurring peptide agonists of two G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), prokineticin receptor 1 (PKR1) and PKR2...
- Chaly A, Srisai D, Gardner E, Sebag J. The Melanocortin Receptor Accessory Protein 2 promotes food intake through inhibition of the Prokineticin Receptor-1. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..In this study we identified PKR1 as the first non-melanocortin GPCR to be regulated by MRAP2...
- Hoffmann P, Feige J, Alfaidy N. Placental expression of EG-VEGF and its receptors PKR1 (prokineticin receptor-1) and PKR2 throughout mouse gestation. Placenta. 2007;28:1049-58 pubmed..We investigated the pattern of expression of EG-VEGF and its receptors, PKR1 and PKR2 at the mRNA and protein levels...
- Cheng M, Bullock C, Li C, Lee A, Bermak J, Belluzzi J, et al. Prokineticin 2 transmits the behavioural circadian rhythm of the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Nature. 2002;417:405-10 pubmed..The high expression of PKR2 mRNA within the SCN and the positive feedback of PK2 on its own transcription through activation of PKR2 suggest that PK2 may also function locally within the SCN to synchronize output. ..
- Danciger M, Yang H, Ralston R, Liu Y, Matthes M, Peirce J, et al. Quantitative genetics of age-related retinal degeneration: a second F1 intercross between the A/J and C57BL/6 strains. Mol Vis. 2007;13:79-85 pubmed
- Giannini E, Lattanzi R, Nicotra A, Campese A, Grazioli P, Screpanti I, et al. The chemokine Bv8/prokineticin 2 is up-regulated in inflammatory granulocytes and modulates inflammatory pain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14646-51 pubmed publisher..Mice lacking PKR1 or PKR2 developed significantly less inflammation-induced hyperalgesia in comparison with WT mice, confirming the ..
- Martucci C, Franchi S, Giannini E, Tian H, Melchiorri P, Negri L, et al. Bv8, the amphibian homologue of the mammalian prokineticins, induces a proinflammatory phenotype of mouse macrophages. Br J Pharmacol. 2006;147:225-34 pubmed..7.--In conclusion, Bv8 appears to be able to induce the macrophage to migrate and to acquire a proinflammatory phenotype. ..
- Arora H, Boulberdaa M, Qureshi R, Bitirim V, Messadeq N, Dolle P, et al. Prokineticin receptor 1 is required for mesenchymal-epithelial transition in kidney development. FASEB J. 2016;30:2733-40 pubmed publisher..Arora, H., Boulberdaa, M., Qureshi, R., Bitirim, V., Messadeq, N., Dolle, P., Nebigil, C. G. Prokineticin receptor 1 is required for mesenchymal-epithelial transition in kidney development.