Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkra
Description: protein kinase, interferon inducible double stranded RNA dependent activator
Alias: AV120107, PRK, Pact, RAX, lear, interferon-inducible double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase activator A, PKR-associated protein X, PKR-associating protein X, protein activator of the interferon-induced protein kinase
- PKR-mediated degradation of STAT1 regulates osteoblast differentiationKaya Yoshida
Department of Fundamental Oral Health Science, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Kuramoto, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Exp Cell Res 315:2105-14. 2009..Our present results suggest that the aberrant accumulation of STAT1 protein induced by loss of PKR regulate osteoblast differentiation through both SLIM/STAT1-dependent and -independent pathways...
- Missense mutation in the second RNA binding domain reveals a role for Prkra (PACT/RAX) during skull developmentBenjamin K Dickerman
Department of Molecular Genetics, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28537. 2011..Sequencing of this region established co-segregation of the phenotype (rep) with a mutation in the Prkra gene, which encodes the protein PACT/RAX...
- Serine 18 phosphorylation of RAX, the PKR activator, is required for PKR activation and consequent translation inhibitionRichard L Bennett
University of Florida College of Medicine, Shands Cancer Center, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 279:42687-93. 2004..Recently, the murine dsRNA-binding protein RAX and its human ortholog PACT were identified as cellular activators of PKR...
- A role of the double-stranded RNA-binding protein PACT in mouse ear development and hearingTheresa M Rowe
Departments of Molecular Genetics, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5823-8. 2006To determine the physiological functions of the mammalian double-stranded RNA-binding protein PACT, the single-copy mouse Pact gene was disrupted and expression of the protein was completely ablated...
- Human TRBP and PACT directly interact with each other and associate with dicer to facilitate the production of small interfering RNAKin Hang Kok
Department of Biochemistry, University of Hong Kong, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 282:17649-57. 2007Mammalian Dicer interacts with double-stranded RNA-binding protein TRBP or PACT to mediate RNA interference and micro-RNA processing. TRBP and PACT are structurally related but exert opposite regulatory activities on PKR...
- The double-stranded RNA-binding protein, PACT, is required for postnatal anterior pituitary proliferationGregory A Peters
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:10696-701. 2009b>PACT is a double-stranded RNA-binding protein that also binds and activates the latent protein kinase, PKR, which plays a major role in cellular antiviral defense in mammals...
- RAX is required for fly neuronal development and mouse embryogenesisRichard L Bennett
University of Florida, Shands Cancer Center, Kevin Cameron Laboratory, 1376 Mowry Road, P O Box 103633, Gainesville, FL 32610 3633, USA
Mech Dev 125:777-85. 2008b>RAX was originally discovered as the unique cellular activator for the dsRNA-dependent, interferon-inducible protein kinase PKR...
- RAX, a cellular activator for double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase during stress signalingT Ito
Sealy Center for Oncology and Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston Texas 77555 1048, USA
J Biol Chem 274:15427-32. 1999..RAX has a high sequence homology to human PACT, which activates PKR in the absence of dsRNA...
- TRBP control of PACT-induced phosphorylation of protein kinase R is reversed by stressAïcha Daher
Virus Cell Interactions Laboratory, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 29:254-65. 2009..Protein, TRBP, inhibits the activity of the interferon-induced protein kinase R (PKR), whereas the PKR activator, PACT, activates its function...
- Essential role of PACT-mediated PKR activation in tunicamycin-induced apoptosisMadhurima Singh
Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina, 700 Sumter Street, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
J Mol Biol 385:457-68. 2009..we examined the involvement of double-stranded RNA (dsRNA)-activated protein kinase (PKR) and its protein activator PACT in tunicamycin-induced apoptosis...
- PKR deficiency alters E. coli-induced sickness behaviors but does not exacerbate neuroimmune responses or bacterial loadDavid Chun Hei Poon
Laboratory of Neurodegenerative Diseases, School of Biomedical Sciences, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Neuroinflammation 12:212. 2015..In this study, we evaluated the role of protein kinase R (PKR), a serine-threonine kinase that can control systemic inflammation, on neuroimmune responses and sickness...
- The protein kinase double-stranded RNA-dependent (PKR) enhances protection against disease cause by a non-viral pathogenPauline Sebby Ogolla
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003557. 2013....
- PACT/RAX regulates the migration of cerebellar granule neurons in the developing cerebellumYue Yong
1 Department of Biochemistry, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1200 Cailun Road, Shanghai 201203, China 2 Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Sci Rep 5:7961. 2015b>PACT and its murine ortholog RAX were originally identified as a protein activator for the dsRNA-dependent, interferon-inducible protein kinase PKR. Recent studies indicated that RAX played a role in embryogenesis and neuronal development...
- Discovery and characterization of spontaneous mouse models of craniofacial dysmorphologyKristina Palmer
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Dev Biol 415:216-27. 2016..Together with our detailed characterization, this work provides a valuable gene discovery resource for the craniofacial community, and a rich source of mouse models for further investigation. ..
- The protein activator of protein kinase R, PACT/RAX, negatively regulates protein kinase R during mouse anterior pituitary developmentBenjamin K Dickerman
Department of Molecular Genetics, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, OH, USA
FEBS J 282:4766-81. 2015..protein termed protein kinase R (PKR)-associated protein X (RAX) and the human homolog, protein activator of PKR (PACT), were originally characterized as activators of PKR...
- PKR plays a positive role in osteoblast differentiation by regulating GSK-3β activity through a β-catenin-independent pathwayKaya Yoshida
Department of Fundamental Oral Health Science, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Kuramoto, Tokushima, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 361:99-105. 2012..PKR positively regulates the differentiation of osteoblasts by mediating GSK-3β activity through a β-catenin-independent pathway...
- The protein kinase PKR is critical for LPS-induced iNOS production but dispensable for inflammasome activation in macrophagesYuan He
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Eur J Immunol 43:1147-52. 2013..These results indicate that PKR is not required for inflammasome activation in macrophages...
- ADAR1 forms a complex with Dicer to promote microRNA processing and RNA-induced gene silencingHiromitsu Ota
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cell 153:575-89. 2013..As expected, the expression of miRNAs is globally inhibited in ADAR1(-/-) mouse embryos, which, in turn, alters the expression of their target genes and might contribute to their embryonic lethal phenotype...
- Mutation discovery in mice by whole exome sequencingHeather Fairfield
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Genome Biol 12:R86. 2011..We found strong candidate mutations for the majority of mutant exomes sequenced, including new models of orofacial clefting, urogenital dysmorphology, kyphosis and autoimmune hepatitis...
- The role of PACT in mediating gene induction, PKR activation, and apoptosis in response to diverse stimuliJoao T Marques
Department of Molecular Genetics, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 28:469-76. 2008b>PACT, the protein activator of the double-stranded (ds)RNA-activated protein kinase (PKR) has been shown to strongly interact with and activate PKR in cultured cells and in vitro...
- Sequence- and target-independent angiogenesis suppression by siRNA via TLR3Mark E Kleinman
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA
Nature 452:591-7. 2008....
- Proapoptotic protein PACT is expressed at high levels in colonic epithelial cells in miceVishal Gupta
Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G801-8. 2002The protein activator of RNA-activated protein kinase (PKR) is a proapoptotic protein called PACT. PKR is an interferon (IFN)-induced serine-threonine protein kinase that plays a central role in IFN's antiviral and antiproliferative ..
- Organizations and promoter analyses of the human and the mouse genes for PACT, the protein-activator of the interferon-induced protein kinase, PKRT M Rowe
Department of Molecular Biology, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gene 273:215-25. 2001b>PACT is an activator of the protein kinase, PKR. Here we report the isolation and the characterization of the mouse Pact gene...