Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkra
Description: protein kinase, interferon inducible double stranded RNA dependent activator
Alias: AV120107, PRK, Pact, RAX, lear, interferon-inducible double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase activator A, PKR-associated protein X, PKR-associating protein X, protein activator of the interferon-induced protein kinase
- Daher A, Laraki G, Singh M, Melendez Peña C, Bannwarth S, Peters A, et al. TRBP control of PACT-induced phosphorylation of protein kinase R is reversed by stress. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:254-65 pubmed publisher..Protein, TRBP, inhibits the activity of the interferon-induced protein kinase R (PKR), whereas the PKR activator, PACT, activates its function...
- Poon D, Ho Y, You R, Tse H, Chiu K, Chang R. PKR deficiency alters E. coli-induced sickness behaviors but does not exacerbate neuroimmune responses or bacterial load. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:212 pubmed publisher..Further studies can address the role of PKR in the CRH response together with its consequence on sickness. ..
- Palmer K, Fairfield H, Borgeia S, Curtain M, Hassan M, Dionne L, et al. Discovery and characterization of spontaneous mouse models of craniofacial dysmorphology. Dev Biol. 2016;415:216-227 pubmed publisher..Together with our detailed characterization, this work provides a valuable gene discovery resource for the craniofacial community, and a rich source of mouse models for further investigation. ..
- He Y, Franchi L, Nunez G. The protein kinase PKR is critical for LPS-induced iNOS production but dispensable for inflammasome activation in macrophages. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:1147-52 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PKR is not required for inflammasome activation in macrophages. ..
- Rowe T, Sen G. Organizations and promoter analyses of the human and the mouse genes for PACT, the protein-activator of the interferon-induced protein kinase, PKR. Gene. 2001;273:215-25 pubmedb>PACT is an activator of the protein kinase, PKR. Here we report the isolation and the characterization of the mouse Pact gene...
- Fairfield H, Gilbert G, Barter M, Corrigan R, Curtain M, Ding Y, et al. Mutation discovery in mice by whole exome sequencing. Genome Biol. 2011;12:R86 pubmed publisher..We found strong candidate mutations for the majority of mutant exomes sequenced, including new models of orofacial clefting, urogenital dysmorphology, kyphosis and autoimmune hepatitis. ..
- Marques J, White C, Peters G, Williams B, Sen G. The role of PACT in mediating gene induction, PKR activation, and apoptosis in response to diverse stimuli. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2008;28:469-76 pubmed publisherb>PACT, the protein activator of the double-stranded (ds)RNA-activated protein kinase (PKR) has been shown to strongly interact with and activate PKR in cultured cells and in vitro...
- Ota H, Sakurai M, Gupta R, Valente L, Wulff B, Ariyoshi K, et al. ADAR1 forms a complex with Dicer to promote microRNA processing and RNA-induced gene silencing. Cell. 2013;153:575-89 pubmed publisher..As expected, the expression of miRNAs is globally inhibited in ADAR1(-/-) mouse embryos, which, in turn, alters the expression of their target genes and might contribute to their embryonic lethal phenotype. ..
- Gupta V, Patel R. Proapoptotic protein PACT is expressed at high levels in colonic epithelial cells in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;283:G801-8 pubmedThe protein activator of RNA-activated protein kinase (PKR) is a proapoptotic protein called PACT. PKR is an interferon (IFN)-induced serine-threonine protein kinase that plays a central role in IFN's antiviral and antiproliferative ..
- Yoshida K, Okamura H, Ochiai K, Hoshino Y, Haneji T, Yoshioka M, et al. PKR plays a positive role in osteoblast differentiation by regulating GSK-3? activity through a ?-catenin-independent pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;361:99-105 pubmed publisher..PKR positively regulates the differentiation of osteoblasts by mediating GSK-3? activity through a ?-catenin-independent pathway. ..
- Dickerman B, White C, Kessler P, Sadler A, Williams B, Sen G. The protein activator of protein kinase R, PACT/RAX, negatively regulates protein kinase R during mouse anterior pituitary development. FEBS J. 2015;282:4766-81 pubmed publisher..protein termed protein kinase R (PKR)-associated protein X (RAX) and the human homolog, protein activator of PKR (PACT), were originally characterized as activators of PKR...
- Yong Y, Meng Y, Ding H, Fan Z, Tang Y, Zhou C, et al. PACT/RAX regulates the migration of cerebellar granule neurons in the developing cerebellum. Sci Rep. 2015;5:7961 pubmed publisherb>PACT and its murine ortholog RAX were originally identified as a protein activator for the dsRNA-dependent, interferon-inducible protein kinase PKR. Recent studies indicated that RAX played a role in embryogenesis and neuronal development...
- Miyamoto M, Komuro A. PACT is required for MDA5-mediated immunoresponses triggered by Cardiovirus infection via interaction with LGP2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:227-233 pubmed publisher..Here, we evaluated whether the double-stranded RNA-binding protein PACT plays a role in this anti-viral response to further elucidate the mechanism...