Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkca
Description: protein kinase C, alpha
Alias: AI875142, Pkca, protein kinase C alpha type, PKC-A, PKC-alpha, protein kinase c-alpha
- Harper M, Molkentin J, Poole A. Protein kinase C alpha enhances sodium-calcium exchange during store-operated calcium entry in mouse platelets. Cell Calcium. 2010;48:333-40 pubmed publisher..These treatments had no further effect in PKC?(-/-) platelets. These data suggest that PKC? enhances the extent of SOCE in mouse platelets by regulating Ca(2+) entry through the Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger. ..
- Matsuoka R, Chivatakarn O, Badea T, SAMUELS I, Cahill H, Katayama K, et al. Class 5 transmembrane semaphorins control selective Mammalian retinal lamination and function. Neuron. 2011;71:460-73 pubmed publisher..These findings define a set of ligands and receptors required for the establishment of inner retinal lamination and function. ..
- Genç O, Kochubey O, Toonen R, Verhage M, Schneggenburger R. Munc18-1 is a dynamically regulated PKC target during short-term enhancement of transmitter release. elife. 2014;3:e01715 pubmed publisher..Thus, a dynamic PKC phosphorylation/de-phosphorylation cycle of Munc18-1 drives short-term enhancement of transmitter release during PTP. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01715.001. ..
- Brown N, Patel S, Brzezinski J, Glaser T. Math5 is required for retinal ganglion cell and optic nerve formation. Development. 2001;128:2497-508 pubmed..A small number of nascent RGCs are detected during embryogenesis, but these fail to develop further, suggesting that committed RGCs may also require Math5 function. ..
- Braz J, Gregory K, Pathak A, Zhao W, Sahin B, Klevitsky R, et al. PKC-alpha regulates cardiac contractility and propensity toward heart failure. Nat Med. 2004;10:248-54 pubmed..Hearts of Prkca-deficient mice are hypercontractile, whereas those of transgenic mice overexpressing Prkca are hypocontractile...
- Wang Y, Klein J, FROEHLICH O, Sands J. Role of protein kinase C-? in hypertonicity-stimulated urea permeability in mouse inner medullary collecting ducts. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;304:F233-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PKC? mediates hypertonicity-stimulated urea transport but is not necessary for vasopressin stimulation of urea permeability in mouse IMCDs. ..
- Feng L, Xie X, Joshi P, Yang Z, Shibasaki K, Chow R, et al. Requirement for Bhlhb5 in the specification of amacrine and cone bipolar subtypes in mouse retina. Development. 2006;133:4815-25 pubmed..Our results reveal that a bHLH transcription factor cascade is involved in regulating retinal cell differentiation and imply that Bhlhb5 functions downstream of retinogenic factors to specify bipolar and amacrine subtypes. ..
- Konopatskaya O, Gilio K, Harper M, Zhao Y, Cosemans J, Karim Z, et al. PKCalpha regulates platelet granule secretion and thrombus formation in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:399-407 pubmed publisher..Thrombus formation in vivo was attenuated in Prkca-/- mice, and PKCalpha was required for thrombus formation in vitro, although this PKC isoform did not regulate ..
- Partovian C, Ju R, Zhuang Z, Martin K, Simons M. Syndecan-4 regulates subcellular localization of mTOR Complex2 and Akt activation in a PKCalpha-dependent manner in endothelial cells. Mol Cell. 2008;32:140-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, S4-dependent targeting of PKCalpha to the plasma membrane is required for recruitment of mTORC2 components to the rafts and Akt activation. ..
- Menne J, Meier M, Park J, Boehne M, Kirsch T, Lindschau C, et al. Nephrin loss in experimental diabetic nephropathy is prevented by deletion of protein kinase C alpha signaling in-vivo. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1456-62 pubmed..We have recently shown that protein kinase C alpha (PKCalpha)-deficient mice are protected against the development of albuminuria under diabetic conditions...
- Pennesi M, Cho J, Yang Z, Wu S, Zhang J, Wu S, et al. BETA2/NeuroD1 null mice: a new model for transcription factor-dependent photoreceptor degeneration. J Neurosci. 2003;23:453-61 pubmed..Loss of BETA2/NeuroD1 results in an age-related degeneration of both rods and cones. ..
- Li S, Mo Z, Yang X, Price S, Shen M, Xiang M. Foxn4 controls the genesis of amacrine and horizontal cells by retinal progenitors. Neuron. 2004;43:795-807 pubmed..Our data suggest a model in which Foxn4 cooperates with other key retinogenic factors to mediate the multipotent differentiation of retinal progenitors. ..
- Oster H, Leitges M. Protein kinase C alpha but not PKCzeta suppresses intestinal tumor formation in ApcMin/+ mice. Cancer Res. 2006;66:6955-63 pubmed
- Debata P, Ranasinghe B, Berliner A, Curcio G, Tantry S, Ponimaskin E, et al. Erk1/2-dependent phosphorylation of PKCalpha at threonine 638 in hippocampal 5-HT(1A) receptor-mediated signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:401-6 pubmed publisher..1A receptor (5-HT(1A)-R) causes activation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase (Erk) and protein kinase C alpha (PKCalpha) in both hippocampal HN2-5 cells and cultured hippocampal slices from postnatal day-15 (P15) ..
- Leitges M, Plomann M, Standaert M, Bandyopadhyay G, Sajan M, Kanoh Y, et al. Knockout of PKC alpha enhances insulin signaling through PI3K. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:847-58 pubmed..muscles and adipocytes of mice in which the ubiquitous conventional diacylglycerol-sensitive PKC isoform, PKC alpha, was knocked out by homologous recombination...
- Pfeifhofer C, Gruber T, Letschka T, Thuille N, Lutz Nicoladoni C, Hermann Kleiter N, et al. Defective IgG2a/2b class switching in PKC alpha-/- mice. J Immunol. 2006;176:6004-11 pubmed..Our genetic data, thus, define PKCalpha as the physiological and nonredundant PKC isotype in signaling pathways that are necessary for T cell-dependent IFN-gamma production and IgG2a/2b Ab responses. ..
- Menne J, Park J, Boehne M, Elger M, Lindschau C, Kirsch T, et al. Diminished loss of proteoglycans and lack of albuminuria in protein kinase C-alpha-deficient diabetic mice. Diabetes. 2004;53:2101-9 pubmed..Therefore, PKC-alpha is a possible therapeutic target for the prevention of diabetic albuminuria. ..
- Zappelli F, Willems D, Osada S, Ohno S, Wetsel W, Molinaro M, et al. The inhibition of differentiation caused by TGFbeta in fetal myoblasts is dependent upon selective expression of PKCtheta: a possible molecular basis for myoblast diversification during limb histogenesis. Dev Biol. 1996;180:156-64 pubmed..response to transforming growth factor beta, since overexpression of protein kinase C theta, but not of protein kinase C alpha or zeta, in embryonic myoblasts makes these cells sensitive to transforming growth factor beta...
- Leitges M. Functional PKC in vivo analysis using deficient mouse models. Biochem Soc Trans. 2007;35:1018-20 pubmed..Exemplary of this approach, recent data generated with PKCalpha-deficient APC(Min) (adenomatous polyposis coli) mice identify PKCalpha in this system acting as a tumour suppressor instead of being a promoter as suggested from PMA data. ..
- Poche R, Kwan K, Raven M, Furuta Y, Reese B, Behringer R. Lim1 is essential for the correct laminar positioning of retinal horizontal cells. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14099-107 pubmed..This study is the first to describe a cell type-specific genetic program that is essential for targeting a discrete retinal neuron population to the proper lamina. ..
- Gruber T, Hermann Kleiter N, Pfeifhofer Obermair C, Lutz Nicoladoni C, Thuille N, Letschka T, et al. PKC theta cooperates with PKC alpha in alloimmune responses of T cells in vivo. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:2071-9 pubmed publisherThe physiological roles of PKC alpha and PKC theta were defined in T cell immune functions downstream of the antigen receptor...
- Yao L, Huang D, Pfaff I, Nie X, Leitges M, Vallon V. Evidence for a role of protein kinase C-alpha in urine concentration. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;287:F299-304 pubmed..Considering that PKC-beta I and -beta II are coexpressed with PKC-alpha in mouse medullary collecting duct, the present results indicate that conventional PKC isoenzymes cannot fully compensate for each other. ..
- Pauken C, Capco D. The expression and stage-specific localization of protein kinase C isotypes during mouse preimplantation development. Dev Biol. 2000;223:411-21 pubmed..Two isotypes have a stage-dependent nuclear localization. In addition, within each blastomere PKC isotypes occupy different subcellular locations in a stage-dependent fashion. ..
- Nakura A, Higuchi C, Yoshida K, Yoshikawa H. PKC? suppresses osteoblastic differentiation. Bone. 2011;48:476-84 pubmed publisher..These results imply that PKC? may have a pivotal role in cell signaling that modulates the differentiation and proliferation of osteoblasts. ..
- Nechiporuk T, Fernandez T, Vasioukhin V. Failure of epithelial tube maintenance causes hydrocephalus and renal cysts in Dlg5-/- mice. Dev Cell. 2007;13:338-50 pubmed..These findings show that Dlg5 is causally involved in hydrocephalus and renal cysts and reveal that targeted membrane delivery of cadherin-catenin adhesion complexes is critical for cell polarity and epithelial tube maintenance. ..
- Pino S, O Sullivan Murphy B, Lidstone E, Thornley T, Jurczyk A, Urano F, et al. Protein kinase C signaling during T cell activation induces the endoplasmic reticulum stress response. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2008;13:421-34 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that induction of the ER stress response through PKC signaling is an important component for the preparation of a T cell response to antigen. ..
- Zhou Q, Ruiz Lozano P, Martone M, Chen J. Cypher, a striated muscle-restricted PDZ and LIM domain-containing protein, binds to alpha-actinin-2 and protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19807-13 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that Cypher1 may function as an adaptor in striated muscle to couple protein kinase C-mediated signaling, via its LIM domains, to the cytoskeleton (alpha-actinin-2) through its PDZ domain. ..
- Lee A, Tse F, Tse A. Arginine Vasopressin Potentiates the Stimulatory Action of CRH on Pituitary Corticotropes via a Protein Kinase C-Dependent Reduction of the Background TREK-1 Current. Endocrinology. 2015;156:3661-72 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this mechanism contributes to the potentiating action of AVP on CRH-evoked ACTH secretion. ..
- Nagayama T, Hsu S, Zhang M, Koitabashi N, Bedja D, Gabrielson K, et al. Sildenafil stops progressive chamber, cellular, and molecular remodeling and improves calcium handling and function in hearts with pre-existing advanced hypertrophy caused by pressure overload. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;53:207-15 pubmed publisher..This is associated with improved calcium cycling, and reduction of Cn and PKCalpha activation may be important to this improvement. ..
- Fuerst P, Bruce F, Tian M, Wei W, Elstrott J, Feller M, et al. DSCAM and DSCAML1 function in self-avoidance in multiple cell types in the developing mouse retina. Neuron. 2009;64:484-97 pubmed publisher..Therefore, DSCAM and DSCAML1 function similarly in self-avoidance, and are not essential for synaptic specificity in the mouse retina. ..
- Cordón Barris L, Pascual Guiral S, Yang S, Gimenez Llort L, Lope Piedrafita S, Niemeyer C, et al. Mutation of the 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) substrate-docking site in the developing brain causes microcephaly with abnormal brain morphogenesis independently of Akt, leading to impaired cognition and disruptive behaviors. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;: pubmed
- Chano F, Descoteaux A. Modulation of lipopolysaccharide-induced NF-IL6 activation by protein kinase C-alpha in a mouse macrophage cell line. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:2897-904 pubmed..7 cells. Taken together, these results suggest that regulation of NF-IL6 activity constitutes one of the mechanisms by which PKC-alpha modulates LPS-induced gene expression in the mouse macrophage cell line RAW 264.7. ..
- Rose John S, Dietrich A, Marks F. Molecular cloning of mouse protein kinase C (PKC) cDNA from Swiss 3T3 fibroblasts. Gene. 1988;74:465-71 pubmed..The expression of PKC mRNA in fibroblasts is very low and it is not influenced by treatment with the tumor promoter 12-O-tetradecanoyl-13-phorbol-acetate. ..
- Hong N, Silva G, Garvin J. PKC-alpha mediates flow-stimulated superoxide production in thick ascending limbs. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F885-91 pubmed publisher..001; n = 6). We concluded that flow stimulates net O(2)(-) production in thick ascending limbs via PKC-alpha-mediated activation of NADPH oxidase...
- Thorsen V, Vorland M, Bjørndal B, Bruland O, Holmsen H, Lillehaug J. Participation of phospholipase D and alpha/beta-protein kinase C in growth factor-induced signalling in C3H10T1/2 fibroblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1632:62-71 pubmed..These findings place PLD as an important component in PDGF-BB- and PMA-stimulated intracellular signalling leading to gene activation in Cl8 cells, while EGF does not require PLD. ..
- Simek S, Kozak C, Winterstein D, Hegamyer G, Colburn N. Sequence and localization of a novel FK506-binding protein to mouse chromosome 11. Genomics. 1993;18:407-9 pubmed..We have localized the FKBPRP gene to mouse Chromosome 11, and crosses of different murine strains provided the gene order centromere--FKBPRP-Int-4-Pkca-Es-3.
- Peng H, Yaney G, Kirber M. Modulation of Ca(2+) release through ryanodine receptors in vascular smooth muscle by protein kinase Calpha. Pflugers Arch. 2010;460:791-802 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our studies suggest that PKC activation can inhibit the gating activity of RyRs in the SR of ASMCs, and this regulation is most likely mediated by the Ca(2+)-dependent PKCalpha isoform. ..
- Fioravante D, Myoga M, Leitges M, Regehr W. Adaptive regulation maintains posttetanic potentiation at cerebellar granule cell synapses in the absence of calcium-dependent PKC. J Neurosci. 2012;32:13004-9 pubmed..These results suggest that a feedback mechanism allows granule cells to maintain the normal properties of short-term synaptic plasticity even when the mechanism that mediates PTP in wild-type mice is eliminated. ..
- Wang S, Joseph J, Ro J, Chung M. Modality-specific mechanisms of protein kinase C-induced hypersensitivity of TRPV1: S800 is a polymodal sensitization site. Pain. 2015;156:931-41 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a rationale for a novel approach targeting TRPV1 S800 for antihyperalgesia. ..
- Stewart M, Igumenova T. Reactive cysteine in the structural Zn(2+) site of the C1B domain from PKC?. Biochemistry. 2012;51:7263-77 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Cys151 serves as an entry point for the reactive oxygen species that activate PKC? in a process involving Zn(2+) release. ..
- Cassese A, Esposito I, Fiory F, Barbagallo A, Paturzo F, Mirra P, et al. In skeletal muscle advanced glycation end products (AGEs) inhibit insulin action and induce the formation of multimolecular complexes including the receptor for AGEs. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36088-99 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AGEs impairment of insulin action in the muscle might be mediated by the formation of a multimolecular complex including RAGE/IRS-1/Src and PKCalpha. ..
- O HARA B, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Shows T, Eddy R, et al. Chromosomal assignment of the heparin-binding cytokine genes MDK and PTN in mouse and man. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1995;69:40-3 pubmed..A pseudogene of Mdk was mapped to mouse Chromosome 11. The closely related human gene PTN was mapped to a separate location on human chromosome region 7q22-->qter. ..
- Gao Q, Wang W, Lan Y, Chen X, Yang W, Yuan Y, et al. The inhibitory effect of small interference RNA protein kinase C-alpha on the experimental proliferative vitreoretinopathy induced by dispase in mice. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:1563-72 pubmed publisher..Gene therapy with siRNA-PKC? could effectively inhibit PVR in mice and provide us with a novel therapeutic target on PVR. ..
- Tigges U, Koch B, Wissing J, Jockusch B, Ziegler W. The F-actin cross-linking and focal adhesion protein filamin A is a ligand and in vivo substrate for protein kinase C alpha. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23561-9 pubmed..PKC-dependent phosphorylation of filamin was also detected in cells. Our data suggest an intimate interaction between filamin and PKC in cell signaling. ..
- Yoshida T, Guo X, Namekata K, Mitamura Y, Kume S, Harada T. Expression of Epiplakin1 in the developing and adult mouse retina. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2010;54:85-8 pubmed publisher..In adults, Eppk1 was expressed in retinal ganglion cells, bipolar cells, and Müller glial cells. These results suggest that Eppk1 is expressed both in embryonic and adult retina and may be involved in retinal development. ..
- Mogha A, Guariglia S, Debata P, Wen G, Banerjee P. Serotonin 1A receptor-mediated signaling through ERK and PKC? is essential for normal synaptogenesis in neonatal mouse hippocampus. Transl Psychiatry. 2012;2:e66 pubmed publisher..The elucidated signaling cascade explains how 5-HT(1A)-R regulates hippocampal sculpting and function, which may determine the affective phenotype of an adult. ..
- Wang Y, Sun M, Uhlhorn V, Zhou X, Peter I, Martinez Abadias N, et al. Activation of p38 MAPK pathway in the skull abnormalities of Apert syndrome Fgfr2(+P253R) mice. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:22 pubmed publisher..We previously reported an inbred transgenic mouse model with the Fgfr2 +/S252W mutation on the C57BL/6J background for Apert syndrome. Here we present a mouse model for the Fgfr2+/P253R mutation...
- Joo H, Lee Y, Park M, Choi S, Park K, Lee S, et al. Mitochondrial APE1/Ref-1 suppressed protein kinase C-induced mitochondrial dysfunction in mouse endothelial cells. Mitochondrion. 2014;17:42-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mitochondrial APE1/Ref-1 is contributed to the protective role to protein kinase C-induced mitochondrial dysfunction in endothelial cells. ..
- Richardson R, Hammond N, Coulombe P, Saloranta C, Nousiainen H, Salonen R, et al. Periderm prevents pathological epithelial adhesions during embryogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:3891-900 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study suggests that failure of periderm formation underlies a series of devastating birth defects, including popliteal pterygium syndrome, cocoon syndrome, and Bartsocas-Papas syndrome. ..
- Xiong W, Pang J, Pennesi M, Duvoisin R, Wu S, Morgans C. The Effect of PKCÎ± on the Light Response of Rod Bipolar Cells in the Mouse Retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:4961-74 pubmed publisher..b>Protein kinase C alpha expression in RBCs is correlated with the activity state of the cell...
- Kuyumcu Martinez N, Wang G, Cooper T. Increased steady-state levels of CUGBP1 in myotonic dystrophy 1 are due to PKC-mediated hyperphosphorylation. Mol Cell. 2007;28:68-78 pubmed..These results indicate that inappropriate activation of the PKC pathway contributes to the pathogenic effects of a noncoding RNA. ..
- Mohan R, Litchfield D, Torchia J, Tini M. Opposing regulatory roles of phosphorylation and acetylation in DNA mispair processing by thymine DNA glycosylase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:1135-48 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that protein kinase C alpha (PKCalpha) interacts with TDG and phosphorylates amino-terminal serine residues adjacent to lysines ..
- Briquet Laugier V, Xia Y, Rooke K, Mehrabian M, Lusis A, Doolittle M. Mapping of three members of the mouse protein disulfide isomerase family. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:176-7 pubmed
- Morishige K, Takahashi N, Findlay I, Koyama H, Zanelli J, Peterson C, et al. Molecular cloning, functional expression and localization of an inward rectifier potassium channel in the mouse brain. FEBS Lett. 1993;336:375-80 pubmed..These results provide the first demonstration of the cloning and distribution of an inward rectifier potassium channel from the nervous system. ..
- Geller S, Guerin K, Visel M, Pham A, Lee E, Dror A, et al. CLRN1 is nonessential in the mouse retina but is required for cochlear hair cell development. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000607 pubmed publisher..If CLRN1 expression in humans is comparable to the expression pattern observed in mice, this is the first report of an inner retinal protein that, when mutated, causes retinal degeneration. ..
- Itoh S, Ding B, Shishido T, Lerner Marmarosh N, Wang N, Maekawa N, et al. Role of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase-mediated prorenin-converting enzyme in ischemic and diabetic myocardium. Circulation. 2006;113:1787-98 pubmed
- Minakami R, Jinnai N, Sugiyama H. Phosphorylation and calmodulin binding of the metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 5 (mGluR5) are antagonistic in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:20291-8 pubmed..These antagonisms of the CaM binding and phosphorylation thus suggest the possibility that they regulate the receptor responses in vivo. ..
- Hambleton M, Hahn H, Pleger S, Kuhn M, Klevitsky R, Carr A, et al. Pharmacological- and gene therapy-based inhibition of protein kinase Calpha/beta enhances cardiac contractility and attenuates heart failure. Circulation. 2006;114:574-82 pubmed..Pharmacological inhibition of PKCalpha, or the conventional isoforms in general, may serve as a novel therapeutic strategy for enhancing cardiac contractility in certain stages of heart failure. ..
- Shen Z, Esnault S, Rosenthal L, Szakaly R, Sorkness R, Westmark P, et al. Pin1 regulates TGF-beta1 production by activated human and murine eosinophils and contributes to allergic lung fibrosis. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:479-90 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that pharmacologic suppression of Pin1 may be a novel therapeutic option to prevent airway fibrosis in individuals with chronic asthma. ..
- Wang C, Weyrer C, Paturu M, Fioravante D, Regehr W. Calcium-Dependent Protein Kinase C Is Not Required for Post-Tetanic Potentiation at the Hippocampal CA3 to CA1 Synapse. J Neurosci. 2016;36:6393-402 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PKC isozymes are not the calcium sensors that mediate PTP at the CA3 to CA1 synapse. ..
- Xiang B, Zhang G, Stefanini L, Bergmeier W, Gartner T, Whiteheart S, et al. The Src family kinases and protein kinase C synergize to mediate Gq-dependent platelet activation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41277-87 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Ca(2+)/SFKs/PI3K and PKC represent two alternative signaling pathways mediating G(q)-dependent platelet activation. ..
- Kim W, Jung J, Park E, Yang C, Kim H, Nielsen S, et al. Expression of protein kinase C isoenzymes alpha, betaI, and delta in subtypes of intercalated cells of mouse kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;291:F1052-60 pubmed..In summary, this study demonstrates distinct and differential expression patterns of PKC-alpha, -beta(I), and -delta in the three subtypes of intercalated cells in the mouse kidney. ..
- Robles M, Boyault C, Knutti D, Padmanabhan K, Weitz C. Identification of RACK1 and protein kinase Calpha as integral components of the mammalian circadian clock. Science. 2010;327:463-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the classical PKC signaling pathway is not limited to relaying external stimuli but is rhythmically activated by internal processes, forming an integral part of the circadian feedback loop. ..
- Halet G. PKC signaling at fertilization in mammalian eggs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1742:185-9 pubmed..Here, I review the recent development of PKC research in mammalian fertilization and the evidence for a specific role for certain PKC isotypes in fertilization-induced egg activation. ..
- Liu H, Zhong J, Yu P, Li L. [Effect of grape procyanidins on the protein kinase and proliferative cell nuclear antigen protein expression of mice hepatic cells]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2007;36:31-3 pubmed..05). The proliferation of mice hepatic cells increased with the dose of GPC in different groups. GPC could promote the PKC protein expression and improve the proliferative activity of the mice hepatic cells. ..
- Hoyer D, Korkmaz Y, Grönke S, Addicks K, Wettschureck N, Offermanns S, et al. Differential expression of protein kinase C isoforms in coronary arteries of diabetic mice lacking the G-protein G?11. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2010;9:93 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a mechanism that may in part underlie the therapeutic benefit of RAS inhibition on cardiovascular endpoints in diabetic patients. ..
- Megidish T, Mazurek N. A mutant protein kinase C that can transform fibroblasts. Nature. 1989;342:807-11 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that point mutations in the primary structure of PKC modulate enzyme function and are responsible for inducing oncogenicity. ..
- Taranova O, Magness S, Fagan B, Wu Y, Surzenko N, Hutton S, et al. SOX2 is a dose-dependent regulator of retinal neural progenitor competence. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1187-202 pubmed
- Adapala R, Talasila P, Bratz I, Zhang D, Suzuki M, Meszaros J, et al. PKC? mediates acetylcholine-induced activation of TRPV4-dependent calcium influx in endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H757-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate, for the first time, that a specific isoform of PKC, PKC?, mediates agonist-induced receptor-mediated TRPV4 activation in endothelial cells. ..
- Yuspa S, Długosz A, Cheng C, Denning M, Tennenbaum T, Glick A, et al. Role of oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes in multistage carcinogenesis. J Invest Dermatol. 1994;103:90S-95S pubmed..Increased activity of PKC alpha and suppression of PKC delta by tyrosine phosphorylation contribute to the phenotypic consequences of rasHa gene ..
- Feng C, Zhang J, Gasana V, Fu W, Liu Y, Zong Z, et al. Differential expression of protein kinase C alpha and delta in testes of mouse at various stages of development. Cell Biochem Funct. 2005;23:415-20 pubmed..The results suggest that each isoenzyme may have different functional roles in processing and modulating physiological cellular responses of spermatogenesis. ..
- Kiyohashi K, Kakinuma S, Kamiya A, Sakamoto N, Nitta S, Yamanaka H, et al. Wnt5a signaling mediates biliary differentiation of fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells in mice. Hepatology. 2013;57:2502-13 pubmed publisher..Wnt5a-mediated signaling in fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells suppresses biliary differentiation. These findings also suggest that activation of CaMKII by Wnt5a signaling suppresses biliary differentiation. (HEPATOLOGY 2013;). ..
- Wu F, Li R, Umino Y, Kaczynski T, Sapkota D, Li S, et al. Onecut1 is essential for horizontal cell genesis and retinal integrity. J Neurosci. 2013;33:13053-65, 13065a pubmed publisher..In sum, these results demonstrate that Oc1 is a critical determinant of HC fate, and reveal that HCs are essential for photoreceptor viability, retinal integrity, and normal visual function. ..
- Chang Y, Seldin M, Fitzgerald L, Lalley P. Conservation of the linkage of the murine Itga2b and Itgb3 loci in mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:530-1 pubmed
- Buchberg A, Brownell E, Nagata S, Jenkins N, Copeland N. A comprehensive genetic map of murine chromosome 11 reveals extensive linkage conservation between mouse and human. Genetics. 1989;122:153-61 pubmed..analysis were determined (Erbb, Rel, 11-3, Csfgm, Trp53-1, Evi-2, Erba, Erbb-2, Csfg, Myhs, Cola-1, Myla, Hox-2 and Pkca)...