Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkar1b
Description: protein kinase, cAMP dependent regulatory, type I beta
Alias: AI385716, RIbeta, cAMP-dependent protein kinase type I-beta regulatory subunit, cAMP dependent regulatory type I beta subunit transcript 1, cAMP dependent regulatory type I beta subunit transcript 2, cAMP dependent regulatory type I beta subunit transcript 3, cAMP dependent regulatory type I beta subunit transcript 4
- Huang Y, Kandel E, Varshavsky L, Brandon E, Qi M, Idzerda R, et al. A genetic test of the effects of mutations in PKA on mossy fiber LTP and its relation to spatial and contextual learning. Cell. 1995;83:1211-22 pubmed..In the absence of mossy fiber LTP, adequate spatial and contextual information might reach the CA1 region via other pathways from the entorhinal cortex. ..
- Imaizumi Scherrer T, Faust D, Benichou J, Hellio R, Weiss M. Accumulation in fetal muscle and localization to the neuromuscular junction of cAMP-dependent protein kinase A regulatory and catalytic subunits RI alpha and C alpha. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:1241-54 pubmed..In the adult, the C alpha hybridization signal of muscle is weak and homogeneous...
- Clegg C, Koeiman N, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Neubauer M. Structural features of the murine gene encoding the RI beta subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1994;5:153-64 pubmed..The mouse chromosomal locus (designated Prkar1b) was determined by interspecific backcross mapping and found to reside on the distal arm of chromosome 5...
- Rogers K, Boring L, McKnight G, Clegg C. Promoter for the regulatory type I beta subunit of the 3',5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate-dependent protein kinase directs transgene expression in the central nervous system. Mol Endocrinol. 1992;6:1756-65 pubmed..This promoter can also be used to target the expression of wild type and mutant cAPK subunit genes in order to investigate synaptic plasticity in animals. ..
- Krizhanovsky V, Soreq L, Kliminski V, Ben Arie N. Math1 target genes are enriched with evolutionarily conserved clustered E-box binding sites. J Mol Neurosci. 2006;28:211-29 pubmed..Our findings may be useful to the study of other bHLH transcription factors, many of which control the development of the nervous system. ..
- Ilouz R, Bubis J, Wu J, Yim Y, Deal M, Kornev A, et al. Localization and quaternary structure of the PKA RI? holoenzyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12443-8 pubmed publisher..The creation of discrete isoform-specific PKA holoenzyme signaling "foci" paves the way for exploring further biological roles of PKA RI? and establishes a paradigm for PKA signaling. ..
- Clegg C, Haugen H, Boring L. Promoter sequences in the RI beta subunit gene of cAMP-dependent protein kinase required for transgene expression in mouse brain. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:1638-44 pubmed..These results have identified specific regions of the RI beta promoter that are required for the expression of this signal transduction protein in mouse neurons. ..
- Woldeyesus M, Britsch S, Riethmacher D, Xu L, Sonnenberg Riethmacher E, Abou Rebyeh F, et al. Peripheral nervous system defects in erbB2 mutants following genetic rescue of heart development. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2538-48 pubmed..Our results define the roles of Schwann cells during motoneuron and synapse development, and reveal different survival requirements for distinct motoneuron populations. ..
- Mucignat Caretta C, Caretta A. Localization of Triton-insoluble cAMP-dependent kinase type RIbeta in rat and mouse brain. J Neurocytol. 2001;30:885-94 pubmed..By immunohistochemistry, the distribution of the detergent-insoluble fraction of RIbeta isoform has been examined in rat and mouse brain...
- Greene R, Lloyd M, Uberti M, Nugent P, Pisano M. Patterns of cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase gene expression during ontogeny of the murine palate. J Cell Physiol. 1995;163:431-40 pubmed..In addition, we have demonstrated adaptational changes of this kinase in MEPM cells in response to conditions of increased intracellular levels of cAMP. ..
- Brandon E, Zhuo M, Huang Y, Qi M, Gerhold K, Burton K, et al. Hippocampal long-term depression and depotentiation are defective in mice carrying a targeted disruption of the gene encoding the RI beta subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8851-5 pubmed
- Zhong H, Sia G, Sato T, Gray N, Mao T, Khuchua Z, et al. Subcellular dynamics of type II PKA in neurons. Neuron. 2009;62:363-74 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the localization and activity-dependent translocation of type II PKA are important determinants of PKA function. ..
- Banday A, Azim S, Tabish M. Differentially expressed three non-coding alternate exons at 5' UTR of regulatory type I beta subunit gene of mouse. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:3375-83 pubmed publisherb>Prkar1b gene encodes regulatory type I, beta subunit (RI?) of cAMP dependent protein kinase A in mouse...
- Clegg C, Cadd G, McKnight G. Genetic characterization of a brain-specific form of the type I regulatory subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:3703-7 pubmed..RI beta protein produced in 3T3 cells was shown to be functional by its ability to form a cAMP-dependent holoenzyme with the catalytic subunit. ..