Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkacb
Description: protein kinase, cAMP dependent, catalytic, beta
Alias: CbPKA, Pkacb, cAMP-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit beta, Cbeta2 PKA, PKA C-beta, cAMP-dependent protein kinase C beta
- Chrivia J, Uhler M, McKnight G. Characterization of genomic clones coding for the C alpha and C beta subunits of mouse cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:5739-44 pubmed
- Zhou T, Li J, Zhao P, Liu H, Jia D, Jia H, et al. Palmitoyl acyltransferase Aph2 in cardiac function and the development of cardiomyopathy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:15666-71 pubmed publisher..These findings establish Aph2 as a critical in vivo regulator of cardiac function and reveal roles for protein palmitoylation in the development of other organs including eyes. ..
- Yin Z, Pringle D, Jones G, Kelly K, Kirschner L. Differential role of PKA catalytic subunits in mediating phenotypes caused by knockout of the Carney complex gene Prkar1a. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1786-93 pubmed publisher..To accomplish this goal, we introduced null alleles of the PKA catalytic subunits Prkaca (Ca) or Prkacb (Cb) into the Prkar1a-cardiac knockout (R1a-CKO) or limited Schwann cell knockout (R1a-TEC3KO) line...
- Watson R, Abdel Majid R, Barnett M, Willis B, Katsnelson A, Gillingwater T, et al. Involvement of protein kinase A in patterning of the mouse somatosensory cortex. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5393-401 pubmed..These results give insight into activity-dependent mechanisms that regulate barrel formation. ..
- Nobrega M, Zhu Y, Plajzer Frick I, Afzal V, Rubin E. Megabase deletions of gene deserts result in viable mice. Nature. 2004;431:988-93 pubmed..Some of the deleted sequences might encode for functions unidentified in our screen; nonetheless, these studies further support the existence of potentially 'disposable DNA' in the genomes of mammals. ..
- Moen L, Şener Z, Volchenkov R, Svarstad A, Eriksen A, Holen H, et al. Ablation of the C?2 subunit of PKA in immune cells leads to increased susceptibility to systemic inflammation in mice. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:1880-1889 pubmed publisher..There are two major catalytic subunit genes, PRKACA and PRKACB encoding the catalytic subunits C? and C?...
- Huang Y, Kandel E, Varshavsky L, Brandon E, Qi M, Idzerda R, et al. A genetic test of the effects of mutations in PKA on mossy fiber LTP and its relation to spatial and contextual learning. Cell. 1995;83:1211-22 pubmed..In the absence of mossy fiber LTP, adequate spatial and contextual information might reach the CA1 region via other pathways from the entorhinal cortex. ..
- Cohen A, Razani B, Schubert W, Williams T, Wang X, Iyengar P, et al. Role of caveolin-1 in the modulation of lipolysis and lipid droplet formation. Diabetes. 2004;53:1261-70 pubmed..Taken together, our data provide the first molecular genetic evidence that caveolin-1 plays a critical functional and structural role in the modulation of both lipid droplet biogenesis and metabolism in vivo. ..
- Kato K. A Collection of cDNA Clones with Specific Expression Patterns in Mouse Brain. Eur J Neurosci. 1990;2:704-711 pubmed..Among them seven clones were especially abundant in specific nuclei, and three in specific fibre bundles. These clones will be useful in defining new subpopulations of brain cells characterized by different gene expression. ..
- Fields A, Calcagno S, Krishna M, Rak S, Leitges M, Murray N. Protein kinase Cbeta is an effective target for chemoprevention of colon cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1643-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKCbetaII is an important target for colon cancer chemoprevention and the PKCbeta-selective inhibitor enzastaurin may represent an effective chemopreventive agent in patients at high risk for colon cancer. ..
- Imaizumi Scherrer T, Faust D, Benichou J, Hellio R, Weiss M. Accumulation in fetal muscle and localization to the neuromuscular junction of cAMP-dependent protein kinase A regulatory and catalytic subunits RI alpha and C alpha. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:1241-54 pubmed..In the adult, the C alpha hybridization signal of muscle is weak and homogeneous...
- Webb R, Tinworth L, Thomas G, Zaccolo M, Carroll J. Developmentally acquired PKA localisation in mouse oocytes and embryos. Dev Biol. 2008;317:36-45 pubmed publisher..RT-PCR and Western blotting revealed two candidate AKAPs that are known to be targeted to mitochondria, AKAP1 and D-AKAP2. In summary these data show a dynamic regulation of PKA localisation during oocyte and early embryo development. ..
- Oksvold M, Funderud A, Kvissel A, Skarpen E, Henanger H, Huitfeldt H, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor levels are reduced in mice with targeted disruption of the protein kinase A catalytic subunit. BMC Cell Biol. 2008;9:16 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PKA may represent a target that when manipulated can maintain EGFR protein levels at the single cell level as well as in intact animals. ..
- Mamenko M, Zaika O, Boukelmoune N, Berrout J, O Neil R, Pochynyuk O. Discrete control of TRPV4 channel function in the distal nephron by protein kinases A and C. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20306-14 pubmed publisher..Although the PKA-dependent cascade promotes TRPV4 trafficking and translocation to the apical membrane, the PKC-dependent pathway increases the activity of the channel on the plasma membrane. ..
- Cummings D, Brandon E, Planas J, Motamed K, Idzerda R, McKnight G. Genetically lean mice result from targeted disruption of the RII beta subunit of protein kinase A. Nature. 1996;382:622-6 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a role for the RII beta holoenzyme in regulating energy balance and adiposity. ..
- Brandon E, Zhuo M, Huang Y, Qi M, Gerhold K, Burton K, et al. Hippocampal long-term depression and depotentiation are defective in mice carrying a targeted disruption of the gene encoding the RI beta subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8851-5 pubmed
- Madhusudan -, Akamine P, Xuong N, Taylor S. Crystal structure of a transition state mimic of the catalytic subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Nat Struct Biol. 2002;9:273-7 pubmed..This arrangement suggests that aluminum fluoride mimics the transition state and provides the first direct structural evidence for the in-line mechanism of phosphoryl transfer in a protein kinase. ..
- Banday A, Azim S, Tabish M. Identification and expression analysis of three novel splice variants of protein kinase A catalytic ? subunit gene in the mouse using combinatorial in silico and molecular biology approaches. FEBS J. 2012;279:572-85 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the approach used in the present study can be used to identify splice variants of genes in organisms. Database GenBank accession numbers:?JN189786, JN189787 and JN189788. ..
- Gao Z, Young R, Trucco M, Greene S, Hewlett E, Matschinsky F, et al. Protein kinase A translocation and insulin secretion in pancreatic beta-cells: studies with adenylate cyclase toxin from Bordetella pertussis. Biochem J. 2002;368:397-404 pubmed..In conclusion, glucose and GLP-1 amplify insulin secretion via cAMP production and PKAbeta activation. ..
- Garcia Haro L, Garcia Gimeno M, Neumann D, Beullens M, Bollen M, Sanz P. Glucose-dependent regulation of AMP-activated protein kinase in MIN6 beta cells is not affected by the protein kinase A pathway. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:4241-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, although phosphorylation of Thr172 and Ser485/Ser497 are inversely correlated in response to glucose, they follow an independent regulation. ..