Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkaa1
Description: protein kinase, AMP-activated, alpha 1 catalytic subunit
Alias: AI194361, AI450832, AL024255, AMPKalpha1, C130083N04Rik, 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha-1, ACACA kinase, AMP-activated protein kinase, alpha 1 catalytic subunit, AMPK subunit alpha-1, HMGCR kinase, acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase, hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase kinase, tau-protein kinase PRKAA1
- Shaw R, Kosmatka M, Bardeesy N, Hurley R, Witters L, Depinho R, et al. The tumor suppressor LKB1 kinase directly activates AMP-activated kinase and regulates apoptosis in response to energy stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3329-35 pubmed..The role of LKB1/AMPK in the survival of a subset of genetically defined tumor cells may provide opportunities for cancer therapeutics. ..
- Tartarin P, Guibert E, Touré A, Ouiste C, Leclerc J, Sanz N, et al. Inactivation of AMPK?1 induces asthenozoospermia and alters spermatozoa morphology. Endocrinology. 2012;153:3468-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that total ?1AMPK deficiency in male mice affects androgen production and quality of spermatozoa, leading to a decrease in fertility. ..
- Guigas B, Taleux N, Foretz M, Detaille D, Andreelli F, Viollet B, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase-independent inhibition of hepatic mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation by AICA riboside. Biochem J. 2007;404:499-507 pubmed..Our data also demonstrate that the cellular effects of AICA riboside are not necessarily caused by AMPK activation and that their interpretation should be taken with caution. ..
- Turnley A, Stapleton D, Mann R, Witters L, Kemp B, Bartlett P. Cellular distribution and developmental expression of AMP-activated protein kinase isoforms in mouse central nervous system. J Neurochem. 1999;72:1707-16 pubmed
- Nakada D, Saunders T, Morrison S. Lkb1 regulates cell cycle and energy metabolism in haematopoietic stem cells. Nature. 2010;468:653-8 pubmed publisher..Lkb1 is therefore required for HSC maintenance through AMPK-dependent and AMPK-independent mechanisms, revealing differences in metabolic and cell-cycle regulation between HSCs and some other haematopoietic progenitors. ..
- Jørgensen S, Viollet B, Andreelli F, Frøsig C, Birk J, Schjerling P, et al. Knockout of the alpha2 but not alpha1 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase isoform abolishes 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide-1-beta-4-ribofuranosidebut not contraction-induced glucose uptake in skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1070-9 pubmed..Alternatively, neither alpha-isoform of AMPK is involved in contraction-induced muscle glucose uptake. ..
- Russell R, Li J, Coven D, Pypaert M, Zechner C, Palmeri M, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase mediates ischemic glucose uptake and prevents postischemic cardiac dysfunction, apoptosis, and injury. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:495-503 pubmed..Thus, AMPK is responsible for activation of glucose uptake and glycolysis during low-flow ischemia and plays an important protective role in limiting damage and apoptotic activity associated with ischemia and reperfusion in the heart. ..
- Shaw R, Lamia K, Vasquez D, Koo S, Bardeesy N, Depinho R, et al. The kinase LKB1 mediates glucose homeostasis in liver and therapeutic effects of metformin. Science. 2005;310:1642-6 pubmed..Finally, we show that metformin, one of the most widely prescribed type 2 diabetes therapeutics, requires LKB1 in the liver to lower blood glucose levels. ..
- Hawley S, Pan D, Mustard K, Ross L, Bain J, Edelman A, et al. Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase-beta is an alternative upstream kinase for AMP-activated protein kinase. Cell Metab. 2005;2:9-19 pubmed..Our results suggest a potential Ca(2+)-dependent neuroprotective pathway involving phosphorylation and activation of AMPK by CaMKKbeta. ..
- Lee Y, Kim Y, Lee S, Kim G, Kim B, Lee S, et al. AMP kinase acts as a negative regulator of RANKL in the differentiation of osteoclasts. Bone. 2010;47:926-37 pubmed publisher..AMPK negatively regulates RANKL, possibly by acting through CaMKK and TAK1. Thus, the development of AMPK activators may be a useful strategy for inhibiting the resorption of bone that is stimulated under RANKL-activated conditions. ..
- Fu X, Zhao J, Zhu M, Foretz M, Viollet B, Dodson M, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase ?1 but not ?2 catalytic subunit potentiates myogenin expression and myogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4517-25 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results indicate that AMPK activity promotes myogenesis through a mechanism mediated by AMPK?1. ..
- Kazgan N, Williams T, Forsberg L, Brenman J. Identification of a nuclear export signal in the catalytic subunit of AMP-activated protein kinase. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3433-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of CRM1-mediated export of AMPK? via its C-terminal NES provides an additional mechanism for cells to use in the regulation of AMPK activity and localization. ..
- Kim J, Kundu M, Viollet B, Guan K. AMPK and mTOR regulate autophagy through direct phosphorylation of Ulk1. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:132-41 pubmed publisher..This coordinated phosphorylation is important for Ulk1 in autophagy induction. Our study has revealed a signalling mechanism for Ulk1 regulation and autophagy induction in response to nutrient signalling. ..
- Egan D, Shackelford D, Mihaylova M, Gelino S, Kohnz R, Mair W, et al. Phosphorylation of ULK1 (hATG1) by AMP-activated protein kinase connects energy sensing to mitophagy. Science. 2011;331:456-61 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover a conserved biochemical mechanism coupling nutrient status with autophagy and cell survival. ..
- Daval M, Diot Dupuy F, Bazin R, Hainault I, Viollet B, Vaulont S, et al. Anti-lipolytic action of AMP-activated protein kinase in rodent adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25250-7 pubmed..We conclude that, in mature adipocytes, AMP-activated protein kinase activation has a clear anti-lipolytic effect. ..
- Mo C, Wang L, Zhang J, Numazawa S, Tang H, Tang X, et al. The crosstalk between Nrf2 and AMPK signal pathways is important for the anti-inflammatory effect of berberine in LPS-stimulated macrophages and endotoxin-shocked mice. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2014;20:574-88 pubmed publisher..Antioxid. Redox Signal. 20, 574-588. ..
- Jang W, Kim E, Lee K, Son H, Koh J. AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) positively regulates osteoblast differentiation via induction of Dlx5-dependent Runx2 expression in MC3T3E1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:1004-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the activation of AMPK stimulates osteoblast differentiation via the regulation of Smad1/5/8-Dlx5-Runx2 signaling pathway. ..
- Hezel A, Gurumurthy S, Granot Z, Swisa A, Chu G, Bailey G, et al. Pancreatic LKB1 deletion leads to acinar polarity defects and cystic neoplasms. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2414-25 pubmed publisher..These genetic studies provide in vivo evidence of a key role for LKB1 in the establishment of epithelial cell polarity that is vital for pancreatic acinar cell function and viability and for the suppression of neoplasia. ..
- Narkar V, Downes M, Yu R, Embler E, Wang Y, Banayo E, et al. AMPK and PPARdelta agonists are exercise mimetics. Cell. 2008;134:405-15 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that AMPK-PPARdelta pathway can be targeted by orally active drugs to enhance training adaptation or even to increase endurance without exercise. ..
- Canto C, Gerhart Hines Z, Feige J, Lagouge M, Noriega L, Milne J, et al. AMPK regulates energy expenditure by modulating NAD+ metabolism and SIRT1 activity. Nature. 2009;458:1056-60 pubmed publisher..The AMPK-induced SIRT1-mediated deacetylation of these targets explains many of the convergent biological effects of AMPK and SIRT1 on energy metabolism. ..
- Pauly M, Daussin F, Burelle Y, Li T, Godin R, Fauconnier J, et al. AMPK activation stimulates autophagy and ameliorates muscular dystrophy in the mdx mouse diaphragm. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:583-92 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that agonists of AMPK and other inducers of the autophagy-mitophagy pathway can help to promote the elimination of defective mitochondria and may thus serve as useful therapeutic agents in DMD. ..
- Hurley R, Barre L, Wood S, Anderson K, Kemp B, Means A, et al. Regulation of AMP-activated protein kinase by multisite phosphorylation in response to agents that elevate cellular cAMP. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36662-72 pubmed
- Um J, Yang S, Yamazaki S, Kang H, Viollet B, Foretz M, et al. Activation of 5'-AMP-activated kinase with diabetes drug metformin induces casein kinase Iepsilon (CKIepsilon)-dependent degradation of clock protein mPer2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20794-8 pubmed..We conclude that metformin and AMPK have a previously unrecognized role in regulating the circadian rhythm. ..
- Li Y, Xu S, Mihaylova M, Zheng B, Hou X, Jiang B, et al. AMPK phosphorylates and inhibits SREBP activity to attenuate hepatic steatosis and atherosclerosis in diet-induced insulin-resistant mice. Cell Metab. 2011;13:376-388 pubmed publisher..AMPK-dependent phosphorylation of SREBP may offer therapeutic strategies to combat insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and atherosclerosis. ..
- Foretz M, Hebrard S, Leclerc J, Zarrinpashneh E, Soty M, Mithieux G, et al. Metformin inhibits hepatic gluconeogenesis in mice independently of the LKB1/AMPK pathway via a decrease in hepatic energy state. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:2355-69 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that metformin inhibits hepatic gluconeogenesis in an LKB1- and AMPK-independent manner via a decrease in hepatic energy state. ..
- Liu C, Liang B, Wang Q, Wu J, Zou M. Activation of AMP-activated protein kinase alpha1 alleviates endothelial cell apoptosis by increasing the expression of anti-apoptotic proteins Bcl-2 and survivin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:15346-55 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that genetic deletion of the AMPKalpha1, but not AMPKalpha2, suppressed OGD-enhanced NF-kappaB activation, the expression of Bcl-2 and Survivin, and ..
- Laderoute K, Amin K, Calaoagan J, Knapp M, Le T, Orduna J, et al. 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is induced by low-oxygen and glucose deprivation conditions found in solid-tumor microenvironments. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5336-47 pubmed..We also showed that AMPK is important for the growth of this tumor model. ..
- Claret M, Smith M, Batterham R, Selman C, Choudhury A, Fryer L, et al. AMPK is essential for energy homeostasis regulation and glucose sensing by POMC and AgRP neurons. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2325-36 pubmed
- Song P, Wang S, He C, Wang S, Liang B, Viollet B, et al. AMPK?2 deletion exacerbates neointima formation by upregulating Skp2 in vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res. 2011;109:1230-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that deletion of AMPK?2 through p52-Skp2-mediated ubiquitination and degradation of p27(Kip1) accentuates neointimal hyperplasia in response to wire injury. ..
- Guigas B, Bertrand L, Taleux N, Foretz M, Wiernsperger N, Vertommen D, et al. 5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide-1-beta-D-ribofuranoside and metformin inhibit hepatic glucose phosphorylation by an AMP-activated protein kinase-independent effect on glucokinase translocation. Diabetes. 2006;55:865-74 pubmed
- Mayer A, Denanglaire S, Viollet B, Leo O, Andris F. AMP-activated protein kinase regulates lymphocyte responses to metabolic stress but is largely dispensable for immune cell development and function. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:948-56 pubmed publisher..Taking advantage of the selective expression of the AMPKalpha1 catalytic subunit in lymphoid cells, we have analyzed the in vitro and in vivo capacity of lymphocytes lacking ..
- Göransson O, McBride A, Hawley S, Ross F, Shpiro N, Foretz M, et al. Mechanism of action of A-769662, a valuable tool for activation of AMP-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32549-60 pubmed..We propose that this direct and specific AMPK activator will be a valuable experimental tool to understand the physiological roles of AMPK. ..
- Shinmura K, Tamaki K, Saito K, Nakano Y, Tobe T, Bolli R. Cardioprotective effects of short-term caloric restriction are mediated by adiponectin via activation of AMP-activated protein kinase. Circulation. 2007;116:2809-17 pubmed..The cardioprotective effects of short-term CR are mediated by increased production of adiponectin and the associated activation of AMP-activated protein kinase. ..
- Pearson H, McCarthy A, Collins C, Ashworth A, Clarke A. Lkb1 deficiency causes prostate neoplasia in the mouse. Cancer Res. 2008;68:2223-32 pubmed publisher..For the first time, this model establishes a link between the tumor suppressor Lkb1 and prostate neoplasia, highlighting a tumor suppressive role within the mouse and raising the possibility of a similar association in the human. ..
- Gwinn D, Shackelford D, Egan D, Mihaylova M, Mery A, Vasquez D, et al. AMPK phosphorylation of raptor mediates a metabolic checkpoint. Mol Cell. 2008;30:214-26 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover a conserved effector of AMPK that mediates its role as a metabolic checkpoint coordinating cell growth with energy status. ..
- Ehsan M, Singh K, Lovren F, Pan Y, Quan A, Mantella L, et al. Adiponectin limits monocytic microparticle-induced endothelial activation by modulation of the AMPK, Akt and NFÎºB signaling pathways. Atherosclerosis. 2016;245:1-11 pubmed publisher..Adiponectin exerts novel effects to limit the production and action of mono-MPs, underscoring yet another pleiotropic effect of this adipokine. ..
- Morrison A, Chen L, Wang J, Zhang M, Yang H, Ma Y, et al. Sestrin2 promotes LKB1-mediated AMPK activation in the ischemic heart. FASEB J. 2015;29:408-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, Sestrin2 plays an important role in cardioprotection against I/R injury, serving as an LKB1-AMPK scaffold to initiate AMPK activation during ischemic insults. ..
- Srinivas V, Bohensky J, Shapiro I. Autophagy: a new phase in the maturation of growth plate chondrocytes is regulated by HIF, mTOR and AMP kinase. Cells Tissues Organs. 2009;189:88-92 pubmed publisher..Once autophagy is activated, the postmitotic chondrocytes would be expected to remain viable in their unique microenvironment and complete their life cycle. ..
- Nader N, Ng S, Lambrou G, Pervanidou P, Wang Y, Chrousos G, et al. AMPK regulates metabolic actions of glucocorticoids by phosphorylating the glucocorticoid receptor through p38 MAPK. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1748-64 pubmed publisher..Because increased action of glucocorticoids is associated with the development of metabolic disorders, activation of AMPK could be a promising target for developing pharmacological interventions to these pathologies. ..
- Yun Y, Kim J, Kim J, Jung M. Protective effects of gomisin N against hepatic steatosis through AMPK activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:1095-1101 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that GN activates the AMPK pathway and ameliorates HFD-induced hepatic steatosis. ..
- Cai B, Li W, Mao X, Winters A, Ryou M, Liu R, et al. Neuroglobin Overexpression Inhibits AMPK Signaling and Promotes Cell Anabolism. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:1254-65 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Ngb functions as a metabolic regulator and enhances cellular anabolism through the inhibition of AMPK signaling. ..
- Alesutan I, Voelkl J, StÃ¶ckigt F, Mia S, Feger M, Primessnig U, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase Î±1 regulates cardiac gap junction protein connexin 43 and electrical remodeling following pressure overload. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:406-18 pubmed publisher..AmpkÎ±1 stimulates ubiquitination of the gap junction protein Cx43, thereby contributing to gap junction remodeling following pressure overload. ..
- Williams T, Forsberg L, Viollet B, Brenman J. Basal autophagy induction without AMP-activated protein kinase under low glucose conditions. Autophagy. 2009;5:1155-65 pubmed..We propose that cells lacking AMPK function have altered p53 activity that may help sensitize these cells to apoptosis under energetic stress. ..
- Lantier L, Mounier R, Leclerc J, Pende M, Foretz M, Viollet B. Coordinated maintenance of muscle cell size control by AMP-activated protein kinase. FASEB J. 2010;24:3555-61 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in skeletal muscle-specific deficient AMPKalpha1/alpha2 KO mice, soleus muscle showed a higher mass with myofibers of larger size and was associated with ..
- Peeters A, Fraisl P, van den Berg S, Ver Loren van Themaat E, van Kampen A, Rider M, et al. Carbohydrate metabolism is perturbed in peroxisome-deficient hepatocytes due to mitochondrial dysfunction, AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activation, and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator 1? (PGC-1?) suppression. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:42162-79 pubmed publisher..Because this is primarily due to impaired mitochondrial ATP production, these L-Pex5-deficient livers can also be considered as a model for secondary mitochondrial hepatopathies. ..
- Young N, Kamireddy A, Van Nostrand J, Eichner L, Shokhirev M, Dayn Y, et al. AMPK governs lineage specification through Tfeb-dependent regulation of lysosomes. Genes Dev. 2016;30:535-52 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results uncover the AMPK pathway as a novel regulator of cell fate determination during differentiation. ..
- Hoogendijk A, Pinhanços S, van der Poll T, Wieland C. AMP-activated protein kinase activation by 5-aminoimidazole-4-carbox-amide-1-?-D-ribofuranoside (AICAR) reduces lipoteichoic acid-induced lung inflammation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:7047-52 pubmed publisher..In vivo, AMPK activation reduced LTA-induced neutrophil influx, as well as protein leak and cytokine/chemokine levels in the bronchoalveolar space. In conclusion, AMPK activation inhibits LTA-induced lung inflammation in mice. ..
- Um J, Pendergast J, Springer D, Foretz M, Viollet B, Brown A, et al. AMPK regulates circadian rhythms in a tissue- and isoform-specific manner. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18450 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the catalytic activity of AMPK regulates circadian rhythm of behavior, energy metabolism and gene expression in isoform- and tissue-specific manners. ..
- Lei B, Chess D, Keung W, O Shea K, Lopaschuk G, Stanley W. Transient activation of p38 MAP kinase and up-regulation of Pim-1 kinase in cardiac hypertrophy despite no activation of AMPK. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:404-10 pubmed publisher..There were no differences between sham and TAC mice in p38, Akt or Pim-1 at 8 weeks. In conclusion, TAC resulted in a transient up-regulation in the expression of p38 and Pim-1 despite no activation of AMPK or Akt. ..
- Santidrian A, González Gironès D, Iglesias Serret D, Coll Mulet L, Cosialls A, de Frias M, et al. AICAR induces apoptosis independently of AMPK and p53 through up-regulation of the BH3-only proteins BIM and NOXA in chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells. Blood. 2010;116:3023-32 pubmed publisher..These findings support the notion that AICAR is an interesting alternative therapeutic option for CLL patients with impaired p53 function and resistance to conventional chemotherapy. ..
- Zhou X, Anderson K. Development of head organizer of the mouse embryo depends on a high level of mitochondrial metabolism. Dev Biol. 2010;344:185-95 pubmed publisher..We suggest that a requirement for high levels of ATP for early forebrain patterning may contribute to certain human microcephaly syndromes...
- Kumase F, Takeuchi K, Morizane Y, Suzuki J, Matsumoto H, Kataoka K, et al. AMPK-Activated Protein Kinase Suppresses Ccr2 Expression by Inhibiting the NF-ÎºB Pathway in RAW264.7 Macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147279 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that AMPK is a negative regulator of Ccr2 expression in RAW264.7 macrophages, and that the mechanism of action of AMPK inhibition of Ccr2 is mediated, in part, through the NF-ÎºB pathway. ..
- Xu H, Zhou Y, Coughlan K, Ding Y, Wang S, Wu Y, et al. AMPKÎ±1 deficiency promotes cellular proliferation and DNA damage via p21 reduction in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:65-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that AMPKÎ±1 plays a fundamental role in controlling the cell cycle thereby affecting DNA damage and cellular apoptosis. ..
- Matheny R, Abdalla M, Geddis A, Leandry L, Lynch C. Skeletal muscle PI3K p110? regulates expression of AMP-activated protein kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:1420-1426 pubmed publisher..These findings thus reveal a novel role for p110? in mediating skeletal muscle metabolic signaling. ..
- Ng T, Leprivier G, Robertson M, Chow C, Martin M, Laderoute K, et al. The AMPK stress response pathway mediates anoikis resistance through inhibition of mTOR and suppression of protein synthesis. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:501-10 pubmed publisher..Our data implicate AMPK-mediated mTORC1 inhibition and suppression of protein synthesis as a means for bioenergetic conservation during detachment, thus promoting anoikis resistance. ..
- Bertoldo M, Guibert E, Faure M, Guillou F, RamÃ© C, Nadal Desbarats L, et al. Specific deletion of AMP-activated protein kinase (Î±1AMPK) in mouse Sertoli cells modifies germ cell quality. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;423:96-112 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that dysregulation of the energy sensing machinery exclusively through disruption of Î±1AMPK in Sertoli cells translates to a reduction in the quality of germ cells and fertility. ..
- Sato T, Sato Harada R, Takano M, Kato S, Saburi S, Harada A. Localization of cAMP-dependent protein kinase in the actin and microtubule cytoskeletons in mouse hippocampal neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2002;325:83-6 pubmed..This result indicates that PKA is anchored to the actin and MT cytoskeletons, and disruption of F-actin releases PKA to the cytoplasm, which then leads to an increase in the amount of PKA in MT domains in the neuron. ..
- Bess E, Fisslthaler B, Frömel T, Fleming I. Nitric oxide-induced activation of the AMP-activated protein kinase ?2 subunit attenuates I?B kinase activity and inflammatory responses in endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20848 pubmed publisher..Moreover, as NO potently activates AMPK in endothelial cells, a portion of the anti-inflammatory effects of NO are mediated by AMPK. ..
- Schulz E, Dopheide J, Schuhmacher S, Thomas S, Chen K, Daiber A, et al. Suppression of the JNK pathway by induction of a metabolic stress response prevents vascular injury and dysfunction. Circulation. 2008;118:1347-57 pubmed publisher..These data highlight AMPK and peroxisome proliferator coactivator 1alpha as potential therapeutic targets for the amelioration of endothelial dysfunction and, as a consequence, vascular disease. ..
- Jeyabalan J, Shah M, Viollet B, Roux J, Chavassieux P, Korbonits M, et al. Mice lacking AMP-activated protein kinase ?1 catalytic subunit have increased bone remodelling and modified skeletal responses to hormonal challenges induced by ovariectomy and intermittent PTH treatment. J Endocrinol. 2012;214:349-58 pubmed publisher..demonstrated that AMPK activation in osteoblasts increases in vitro bone formation while deletion of the Ampk?1 (Prkaa1) subunit, the dominant catalytic subunit expressed in bone, leads to decreased bone mass in vivo...
- Kusmic C, L Abbate A, Sambuceti G, Drummond G, Barsanti C, Matteucci M, et al. Improved myocardial perfusion in chronic diabetic mice by the up-regulation of pLKB1 and AMPK signaling. J Cell Biochem. 2010;109:1033-44 pubmed publisher..The restoration of microvascular function suggests a new therapeutic approach to even advanced cardiac microvascular derangement in diabetes. ..
- Li C, Yu L, Xue H, Yang Z, Yin Y, Zhang B, et al. Nuclear AMPK regulated CARM1 stabilization impacts autophagy in aged heart. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:398-405 pubmed publisher..Our results identified nuclear AMPK controlled CARM1 stabilization as a new actor that regulates cardiac autophagy. ..
- Esteve Puig R, Canals F, Colome N, Merlino G, Recio J. Uncoupling of the LKB1-AMPKalpha energy sensor pathway by growth factors and oncogenic BRAF. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4771 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this mechanism reveals a new level for therapeutical intervention particularly relevant in tumors harboring a deregulated RAS-Erk1/2 pathway. ..