Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prex1
Description: phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate-dependent Rac exchange factor 1
Alias: G630042G04, P-REX1, Setd6, phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate-dependent Rac exchanger 1 protein, SET domain containing 6, ptdIns(3,4,5)-dependent Rac exchanger 1
- Boyle K, Gyori D, Sindrilaru A, Scharffetter Kochanek K, Taylor P, MÃ³csai A, et al. Class IA phosphoinositide 3-kinase Î² and Î´ regulate neutrophil oxidase activation in response to Aspergillus fumigatus hyphae. J Immunol. 2011;186:2978-89 pubmed publisher..These results start to define the signaling network controlling neutrophil ROS responses to A. fumigatus hyphae. ..
- Wang Z, Dong X, Li Z, Smith J, Wu D. Lack of a significant role of P-Rex1, a major regulator of macrophage Rac1 activation and chemotaxis, in atherogenesis. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2008;87:9-13 pubmed publisher..P-Rex1 is one of the major GEFs in macrophage regulating Rac1 activation and chemotaxis. ..
- Lindsay C, Lawn S, Campbell A, Faller W, Rambow F, Mort R, et al. P-Rex1 is required for efficient melanoblast migration and melanoma metastasis. Nat Commun. 2011;2:555 pubmed publisher..We conclude that P-Rex1 has an important role in melanoblast migration and cancer progression to metastasis in mice and humans. ..
- Ebi H, Costa C, Faber A, Nishtala M, Kotani H, Juric D, et al. PI3K regulates MEK/ERK signaling in breast cancer via the Rac-GEF, P-Rex1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:21124-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, P-Rex1 may serve as a biomarker to predict response to single-agent PI3K inhibitors within this subset of breast cancers. ..
- Jackson C, Welch H, Bellamy T. Control of cerebellar long-term potentiation by P-Rex-family guanine-nucleotide exchange factors and phosphoinositide 3-kinase. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11962 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that a PI3K/P-Rex/Rac pathway is required for late phase LTP in the mouse cerebellum, and that other PI3K targets, which remain to be discovered, control LTP induction. ..
- Marei H, Carpy A, Woroniuk A, Vennin C, White G, Timpson P, et al. Differential Rac1 signalling by guanine nucleotide exchange factors implicates FLII in regulating Rac1-driven cell migration. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10664 pubmed publisher..In particular, we demonstrate that P-Rex1 stimulates migration through enhancing the interaction between Rac1 and the actin-remodelling protein flightless-1 homologue, to modulate cell contraction in a RhoA-ROCK-independent manner. ..
- Naikawadi R, Cheng N, Vogel S, Qian F, Wu D, Malik A, et al. A critical role for phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate-dependent Rac exchanger 1 in endothelial junction disruption and vascular hyperpermeability. Circ Res. 2012;111:1517-27 pubmed publisher..Our data identify P-Rex1 as a critical mediator of vascular barrier disruption. Targeting P-Rex1 may effectively protect against TNF-?- and lipopolysaccharide-induced endothelial junction disruption and vascular hyperpermeability. ..
- Damoulakis G, Gambardella L, Rossman K, Lawson C, Anderson K, Fukui Y, et al. P-Rex1 directly activates RhoG to regulate GPCR-driven Rac signalling and actin polarity in neutrophils. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:2589-600 pubmed publisher..These findings thus have broad implications for our understanding of GPCR signalling to Rho GTPases and the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Pan D, Amison R, Riffo Vasquez Y, Spina D, Cleary S, Wakelam M, et al. P-Rex and Vav Rac-GEFs in platelets control leukocyte recruitment to sites of inflammation. Blood. 2015;125:1146-58 pubmed publisher..Therefore, platelet P-Rex and Vav family Rac-GEFs play important proinflammatory roles in leukocyte recruitment. ..
- Liang Q, Cheng N, Zhang G, Liang Y, Qian F, Wu D, et al. Identification of P-Rex1 as an anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrogenic target for pulmonary fibrosis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25785 pubmed publisher..These findings identify P-Rex1 as a novel player of PF, suggesting that targeting P-Rex1 may simultaneously block the inflammatory and fibrogenic processes of PF. ..