Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prdx4
Description: peroxiredoxin 4
Alias: AOE372, Prx-iv, Prx4, TRANK, peroxiredoxin-4, Prx IV, antioxidant enzyme AOE372, peroxiredoxin IV, thioredoxin peroxidase AO372, thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase A0372
- Nawata A, Noguchi H, Mazaki Y, Kurahashi T, Izumi H, Wang K, et al. Overexpression of Peroxiredoxin 4 Affects Intestinal Function in a Dietary Mouse Model of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0152549 pubmed publisher..We have reported that peroxiredoxin 4 (PRDX4), a unique secretory member of the PRDX antioxidant family, protects against NAFLD progression...
- Wong C, Chun A, Kok K, Zhou Y, Fung P, Kung H, et al. Characterization of human and mouse peroxiredoxin IV: evidence for inhibition by Prx-IV of epidermal growth factor- and p53-induced reactive oxygen species. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2000;2:507-18 pubmedThe aim of this study was to identify and characterize human and mouse Prx-IV. We identified mouse peroxiredoxin IV (Prx-IV) by virtue of sequence homology to its human ortholog previously called AOE372...
- Meng Y, Liu X, Ma X, Shen Y, Fan L, Leng J, et al. The protein profile of mouse mature cumulus-oocyte complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1774:1477-90 pubmed..These data provide valuable information for future studies to identify proteins involved in ovarian follicular development and related reproductive abnormalities. ..
- Yim S, Kim Y, Oh S, Fujii J, Zhang Y, Gladyshev V, et al. Identification and characterization of alternatively transcribed form of peroxiredoxin IV gene that is specifically expressed in spermatids of postpubertal mouse testis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:39002-12 pubmed publisher..b>Prx IV was shown previously to be synthesized as a 31-kDa polypeptide with an NH(2)-terminal signal peptide that is ..
- Kojima R, Okumura M, Masui S, Kanemura S, Inoue M, Saiki M, et al. Radically different thioredoxin domain arrangement of ERp46, an efficient disulfide bond introducer of the mammalian PDI family. Structure. 2014;22:431-43 pubmed publisher..disulfide isomerase (PDI) family, serves as an efficient disulfide bond introducer together with Peroxiredoxin-4 (Prx4)...
- Pirson M, Knoops B. Expression of peroxiredoxins and thioredoxins in the mouse spinal cord during embryonic development. J Comp Neurol. 2015;523:2599-617 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight several patterns that contrast with available data for the adult. Indeed, Prdx1, Prdx4, and Prdx6, which are expressed in glial cells in the adult CNS, present clear neuronal localization in mouse ..