Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ppp1r12a
Description: protein phosphatase 1, regulatory (inhibitor) subunit 12A
Alias: 1200015F06Rik, 5730577I22Rik, AA792106, AV099298, D10Ertd625e, Mypt1, myosin phosphatase target subunit 1, myosin phosphatase, target subunit 1, myosin phosphatase-targeting subunit 1, protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 12A
- Molecular cloning and analysis of the 5'-flanking region of the human MYPT1 geneH Machida
First Department of Internal Medicine, University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1517:424-9. 2001We have cloned and sequenced a 5 kb genomic fragment in the 5'-flanking region of the human myosin phosphatase target subunit 1. The transcription initiation site (+1) was 268 bp upstream from the translation start site...
- Dishevelled-associated activator of morphogenesis 1 (Daam1) is required for heart morphogenesisDeqiang Li
Riley Heart Research Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Development 138:303-15. 2011..Biochemical analyses indicate that Daam1 does not regulate cytoskeletal organization through RhoA, Rac1 or Cdc42. Our study highlights a crucial role for Daam1 in regulating the actin cytoskeleton and tissue morphogenesis...
- Smoothelin-like 1 protein regulates myosin phosphatase-targeting subunit 1 expression during sexual development and pregnancyBeata Lontay
Department of Pharmacology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 285:29357-66. 2010..A primary target gene of SMTNL1 in these muscles is myosin phosphatase-targeting subunit 1 (MYPT1)...
- Regulation of myosin phosphatase by Rho and Rho-associated kinase (Rho-kinase)K Kimura
Division of Signal Transduction, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma 630 01, Japan
Science 273:245-8. 1996..Overexpression of RhoA or activated RhoA in NIH 3T3 cells increased phosphorylation of MBS and MLC. Thus, Rho appears to inhibit myosin phosphatase through the action of Rho-kinase...
- Tra2beta as a novel mediator of vascular smooth muscle diversificationSupriya Shukla
Departments of Medicine Cardiology, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Circ Res 103:485-92. 2008..We are using the alternative splicing of the MYPT1 E23 exon as a model for the study of smooth muscle diversification into fast and slow contractile phenotypes...
- The Rho-Rock-Myosin signaling axis determines cell-cell integrity of self-renewing pluripotent stem cellsNicole Harb
Department of Biochemistry, University of California Riverside, Riverside, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e3001. 2008..Although intercellular communications are essential to establish the basis of cell-specific identity, molecular mechanisms underlying intrinsic cell-cell interactions in ES cells at the signaling level remain underexplored...
- O-linked beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase substrate specificity is regulated by myosin phosphatase targeting and other interacting proteinsWin D Cheung
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2185, USA
J Biol Chem 283:33935-41. 2008..We demonstrate here that MYPT1 and CARM1 also interact with and target OGT. MYPT1 and CARM1 are substrates of OGT in vitro and in vivo...
- Expression of CPI-17 in smooth muscle during embryonic development and in neointimal lesion formationJee In Kim
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Histochem Cell Biol 132:191-8. 2009..Thus, CPI-17 expression is reversibly controlled in response to the phenotype transition of SM cells that restricts the signal to differentiated SM cells and particular cell types...
- Posterior malformations in Dact1 mutant mice arise through misregulated Vangl2 at the primitive streakRowena Suriben
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 41:977-85. 2009..We conclude that Dact1 contributes to morphogenesis at the primitive streak by regulating Vangl2 upstream of cell adhesion and the PCP pathway...
- Degradation of leucine zipper-positive isoform of MYPT1 may contribute to development of nitrate toleranceDou Dou
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100191, People s Republic of China
Cardiovasc Res 86:151-9. 2010..The present study determines whether the leucine zipper-positive (LZ+) isoform of myosin phosphatase target subunit 1 (MYPT1), a key target protein for PKG actions, is involved in the development of nitrate tolerance.
- Characterization of a Dchs1 mutant mouse reveals requirements for Dchs1-Fat4 signaling during mammalian developmentYaopan Mao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Waksman Institute and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Development 138:947-57. 2011..Our analysis implies that Dchs1 and Fat4 function as a ligand-receptor pair during murine development, and identifies novel requirements for Dchs1-Fat4 signaling in multiple organs...
- Myosin light chain kinase activation and calcium sensitization in smooth muscle in vivoYusuke Mizuno
Dept Physiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9040, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C358-64. 2008..may occur through RhoA/Rho-kinase and/or PKC with phosphorylation of myosin phosphatase targeting subunit-1 (MYPT1) and PKC-potentiated phosphatase inhibitor (CPI-17), respectively...
- Green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate signaling pathway through 67-kDa laminin receptorDaisuke Umeda
Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Division of Applied Biological Chemistry, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:3050-8. 2008..activity of EGCG; (ii) through both eEF1A and 67LR, EGCG induces the dephosphorylation of myosin phosphatase targeting subunit 1 (MYPT1) at Thr-696 and activates myosin phosphatase; and (iii) silencing of 67LR, eEF1A, or MYPT1 ..
- Capturing novel mouse genes encoding chromosomal and other nuclear proteinsP Tate
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
J Cell Sci 111:2575-85. 1998..Motifs in two of the isolated genes suggest new links between cellular regulatory mechanisms (ubiquitination and phosphorylation) and mRNA splicing and chromosome structure/function...
- Survival of developing motor neurons mediated by Rho GTPase signaling pathway through Rho-kinaseKenta Kobayashi
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
J Neurosci 24:3480-8. 2004..These findings indicate that the Rho signaling pathway, primarily through Rho-kinase, plays a crucial role in survival of spinal MNs during embryogenesis, particularly at the early developmental stages...
- Localization of myosin phosphatase target subunit and its mutantsYue Wu
Muscle Biology Group, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 26:123-34. 2005Transient transfection of NIH3T3 cells with various constructs of myosin phosphatase target subunit (MYPT1) and GFP showed distinct cellular localizations. Constructs containing the N-terminal nuclear localization signals (NLS), i.e...
- The targeted disruption of the MYPT1 gene results in embryonic lethalityRyuji Okamoto
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Transgenic Res 14:337-40. 2005..b>MYPT1, a target subunit of smooth and nonmuscle MP, is responsible for activation and regulation of MP...
- Urocortin-induced decrease in Ca2+ sensitivity of contraction in mouse tail arteries is attributable to cAMP-dependent dephosphorylation of MYPT1 and activation of myosin light chain phosphataseLubomir T Lubomirov
Institute of Vegetative Physiology, University of Cologne, Germany
Circ Res 98:1159-67. 2006..a approximately 2-fold increase in the phosphorylation of the regulatory subunit of myosin phosphatase (SMPP-1M), MYPT1, at Thr696, which was reversed in arteries relaxed with urocortin. Submaximally (pCa 6...
- Myosin phosphatase dephosphorylates HDAC7, controls its nucleocytoplasmic shuttling, and inhibits apoptosis in thymocytesMaribel Parra
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Genes Dev 21:638-43. 2007..Here, we identify protein phosphatase 1beta (PP1beta) and myosin phosphatase targeting subunit 1 (MYPT1), two components of the myosin phosphatase complex, as HDAC7-associated proteins in ..
- Preserved expression of GLUT4 prevents enhanced agonist-induced vascular reactivity and MYPT1 phosphorylation in hypertensive mouse aortaKevin B Atkins
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0676, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H402-8. 2007..Phosphorylation of the myosin phosphatase targeting subunit MYPT1 was significantly enhanced in aortas of WT DOCA-salt mice, and this increase was prevented in GLUT4 TG mice...
- Rho-kinase regulates endothelin-1-stimulated IL-6 synthesis via p38 MAP kinase in osteoblastsHaruhiko Tokuda
Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Hospital for Geriatric Medicine, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi 474 8511, and Department of Pharmacology, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:799-804. 2007..These results strongly suggest that Rho-kinase regulates ET-1-stimulated IL-6 synthesis through p38 MAP kinase activation in osteoblasts...
- The atypical Guanine-nucleotide exchange factor, dock7, negatively regulates schwann cell differentiation and myelinationJunji Yamauchi
Department of Pharmacology and Laboratory Animal Resource Facility, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Setagaya, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
J Neurosci 31:12579-92. 2011..Collectively, the signaling through Dock7 negatively regulates Schwann cell differentiation and the onset of myelination, demonstrating the unexpected role of Dock7 in the interplay between Schwann cell migration and myelination...