Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ppid
Description: peptidylprolyl isomerase D (cyclophilin D)
Alias: 4930564J03Rik, CYP-40, Ppidl, Ppif, peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase D, 40 kDa peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase, PPIase D, cyclophilin-40, cytoplasmic cyclophilin D, rotamase D
- Park J, Pasupulati R, Feldkamp T, Roeser N, Weinberg J. Cyclophilin D and the mitochondrial permeability transition in kidney proximal tubules after hypoxic and ischemic injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F134-50 pubmed publisher..and hypoxia-reoxygenation (H/R), we assessed freshly isolated tubules and in vivo injury in wild-type (WT) and Ppif(-/-) CyPD-null mice...
- Perier C, Bove J, Wu D, Dehay B, Choi D, Jackson Lewis V, et al. Two molecular pathways initiate mitochondria-dependent dopaminergic neurodegeneration in experimental Parkinson's disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:8161-6 pubmed..These results provide further insight into the pathogenesis of PD neurodegeneration and identify molecular targets of potential therapeutic significance for this disabling neurological illness. ..
- Baines C, Kaiser R, Sheiko T, Craigen W, Molkentin J. Voltage-dependent anion channels are dispensable for mitochondrial-dependent cell death. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:550-5 pubmed..These results indicate that Vdacs are dispensable for both MPT and Bcl-2 family member-driven cell death. ..
- Yokoi H, Shimizu Y, Anazawa H, Lefebvre C, Korneluk R, Ikeda J. The structure and complete nucleotide sequence of the human cyclophilin 40 (PPID) gene. Genomics. 1996;35:448-55 pubmedb>Cyclophilin 40 is a recently identified member of the cyclophilin family that is found in an unactivated steroid hormone receptor complex...
- Nakayama H, Chen X, Baines C, Klevitsky R, Zhang X, Zhang H, et al. Ca2+- and mitochondrial-dependent cardiomyocyte necrosis as a primary mediator of heart failure. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2431-44 pubmed
- Kim S, Shim M, Kim K, Weinreb R, Wheeler L, Ju W. Inhibition of cyclophilin D by cyclosporin A promotes retinal ganglion cell survival by preventing mitochondrial alteration in ischemic injury. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1105 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these observations, our findings suggest that CsA-mediated CypD inhibition may provide a promising therapeutic potential for protecting RGCs against ischemic injury-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Menazza S, Wong R, Nguyen T, Wang G, Gucek M, Murphy E. CypD(-/-) hearts have altered levels of proteins involved in Krebs cycle, branch chain amino acid degradation and pyruvate metabolism. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;56:81-90 pubmed publisher..In summary, CypD(-/-) hearts exhibit changes in many metabolic pathways and caution should be used when interpreting results from these mice as due solely to inhibition of the MPTP. ..
- Jobe S, Wilson K, Leo L, Raimondi A, Molkentin J, Lentz S, et al. Critical role for the mitochondrial permeability transition pore and cyclophilin D in platelet activation and thrombosis. Blood. 2008;111:1257-65 pubmed..These results implicate CypD and the MPTP as critical regulators of platelet activation and suggest a novel CypD-dependent negative-feedback mechanism regulating arterial thrombosis. ..
- Zhu X, Hogan S, Molkentin J, Zimmermann N. Cyclophilin D regulates necrosis, but not apoptosis, of murine eosinophils. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;310:G609-17 pubmed publisher..Recently, a peptidyl-prolyl isomerase located within the mitochondrial matrix, cyclophilin D (PPIF), was shown to regulate necrotic, but not apoptotic, cell death in vitro in fibroblasts, hepatocytes, and ..
- Shang W, Gao H, Lu F, Ma Q, Fang H, Sun T, et al. Cyclophilin D regulates mitochondrial flashes and metabolism in cardiac myocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;91:63-71 pubmed publisher..In addition, tissue-specific CyP-D expression may partly explain the differential regulation of mitoflashes in the two types of striated muscles. ..
- Tavecchio M, Lisanti S, Lam A, Ghosh J, Martin N, O CONNELL M, et al. Cyclophilin D extramitochondrial signaling controls cell cycle progression and chemokine-directed cell motility. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5553-61 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that deletion or reduction in the levels of cyclophilin D (CypD, also called Ppif), a mitochondrial matrix peptidyl prolyl isomerase and apoptosis regulator, results in increased cell proliferation ..
- Ideguchi K, Shimizu S, Okumura M, Tsujimoto Y. Cyclophilin D-dependent mitochondrial permeability transition is not involved in neurodegeneration in mnd2 mutant mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:264-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CypD-dependent mPT does not play a major role in neurodegeneration in mnd2 mice. ..
- Doczi J, Turiak L, Vajda S, Mandi M, Torocsik B, Gerencser A, et al. Complex contribution of cyclophilin D to Ca2+-induced permeability transition in brain mitochondria, with relation to the bioenergetic state. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:6345-53 pubmed publisher..These findings could explain why absence of cypD protects against necrotic (deenergized mitochondria), but not apoptotic (energized mitochondria) stimuli. ..
- Reyes R, Perry G, Lesort M, Parpura V. Immunophilin deficiency augments Ca2+-dependent glutamate release from mouse cortical astrocytes. Cell Calcium. 2011;49:23-34 pubmed publisher..Cortical astrocytes isolated from CypD deficient mice Ppif(-/-) displayed reduced mechanically induced Ca(cyt)(2+) increases, even though these cells showed augmented ..
- Millay D, Sargent M, Osinska H, Baines C, Barton E, Vuagniaux G, et al. Genetic and pharmacologic inhibition of mitochondrial-dependent necrosis attenuates muscular dystrophy. Nat Med. 2008;14:442-7 pubmed publisher..Here we show that deletion of the gene encoding cyclophilin D (Ppif) rendered mitochondria largely insensitive to the calcium overload-induced swelling associated with a defective ..
- Schneider M. Cyclophilin D: knocking on death's door. Sci STKE. 2005;2005:pe26 pubmed..These data raise questions about the relationship between apoptotic and necrotic cell death, and they also highlight cyclophilin D as a potential therapeutic target in myocardial infarction. ..
- Bourke C, Raees M, Malviya S, Bradburn C, Binder E, Neigh G. Glucocorticoid sensitizers Bag1 and Ppid are regulated by adolescent stress in a sex-dependent manner. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2013;38:84-93 pubmed publisher..Gene expression of Ppid, a positive regulator of the GR, was predicted by plasma estradiol and 34% lower in control adolescent females than ..
- Nguyen T, Stevens M, KOHR M, Steenbergen C, Sack M, Murphy E. Cysteine 203 of cyclophilin D is critical for cyclophilin D activation of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40184-92 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the Cys-203 residue of CypD is necessary for redox stress-induced activation of mPTP. ..
- Vaseva A, Marchenko N, Ji K, Tsirka S, Holzmann S, Moll U. p53 opens the mitochondrial permeability transition pore to trigger necrosis. Cell. 2012;149:1536-48 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies the mitochondrial p53-CypD axis as an important contributor to oxidative stress-induced necrosis and implicates this axis in stroke pathology. ..
- Daussin F, Godin R, Ascah A, Deschênes S, Burelle Y. Cyclophilin-D is dispensable for atrophy and mitochondrial apoptotic signalling in denervated muscle. J Physiol. 2011;589:855-61 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results provide direct evidence that CypD-dependent PTP opening is dispensable for atrophy and apoptotic signalling in skeletal muscle following denervation. ..
- Giorgio V, Bisetto E, Soriano M, Dabbeni Sala F, Basso E, Petronilli V, et al. Cyclophilin D modulates mitochondrial F0F1-ATP synthase by interacting with the lateral stalk of the complex. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33982-8 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that CyPD association to the lateral stalk of ATP synthase modulates the activity of the complex. ..