Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ppib
Description: peptidylprolyl isomerase B
Alias: AA408962, AA553318, AI844835, Cphn-2, Cphn2, CyP-20b, peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase B, CYP-S1, PPIase B, S-cyclophilin, SCYLP, cyclophilin B, rotamase B
- Hasel K, Glass J, Godbout M, Sutcliffe J. An endoplasmic reticulum-specific cyclophilin. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:3484-91 pubmed..These results suggest that cyclosporin A mediates its effect on cells through more than one cyclophilin and that cyclosporin A-induced misfolding of T-cell membrane proteins normally mediated by CPH2 plays a role in immunosuppression. ..
- Weissman I, Friedman J, Alpert S. An analysis of the expression of cyclophilin C reveals tissue restriction and an intriguing pattern in the mouse kidney. Am J Pathol. 1994;144:1247-56 pubmed..The S3 segment has been shown to sustain histopathological damage from high dosages of CsA, raising the possibility that cyp C may be involved in mediating this damage. ..
- Walsh C, Zydowsky L, McKeon F. Cyclosporin A, the cyclophilin class of peptidylprolyl isomerases, and blockade of T cell signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:13115-8 pubmed..The molecular insights gained over a short time in this area have been remarkable; they promise to elucidate the steps in T cell activation and delineate new targets for immunosuppressive therapy. ..
- Orts√§ter H, Sundsten T, Lin J, Bergsten P. Evaluation of the SELDI-TOF MS technique for protein profiling of pancreatic islets exposed to glucose and oleate. Proteomics. 2007;7:3105-15 pubmed..In conclusion, the study demonstrates that SELDI-technique can be used not only to obtain islet protein patterns but is also helpful in the subsequent identification of differentially expressed proteins. ..
- Hershko K, Simhadri V, Blaisdell A, Hunt R, Newell J, Tseng S, et al. Cyclosporin A impairs the secretion and activity of ADAMTS13 (a disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type 1 repeat). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:44361-71 pubmed publisher..Until now, the reason for such a link was unclear. Here we provide evidence demonstrating that cyclophilin B (CypB) activity plays an important role in the secretion of active ADAMTS13...
- Heard M, Besio R, Weis M, Rai J, Hudson D, Dimori M, et al. Sc65-Null Mice Provide Evidence for a Novel Endoplasmic Reticulum Complex Regulating Collagen Lysyl Hydroxylation. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006002 pubmed publisher..complex affects the activity of lysyl-hydroxylase 1 potentially through interactions with the enzyme and/or cyclophilin B. Loss of Sc65 in the mouse results in instability of this complex, altered collagen lysine hydroxylation and ..
- Eickhoff H, Schuchhardt J, Ivanov I, Meier Ewert S, O Brien J, Malik A, et al. Tissue gene expression analysis using arrayed normalized cDNA libraries. Genome Res. 2000;10:1230-40 pubmed..The obtained results are publicly available (http://www.rzpd.de) and can be used by other researchers as a digital expression reference. ..
- Galat A. Variations of sequences and amino acid compositions of proteins that sustain their biological functions: An analysis of the cyclophilin family of proteins. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1999;371:149-62 pubmed
- Ishikawa Y, Bachinger H. An additional function of the rough endoplasmic reticulum protein complex prolyl 3-hydroxylase 1¬∑cartilage-associated protein¬∑cyclophilin B: the CXXXC motif reveals disulfide isomerase activity in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31437-46 pubmed publisher..Prolyl 3-hydroxylase 1 (P3H1) forms a hetero-trimeric complex with cartilage-associated protein and cyclophilin B (CypB)...
- Kanaki T, Bujo H, Hirayama S, Tanaka K, Yamazaki H, Seimiya K, et al. Developmental regulation of LR11 expression in murine brain. DNA Cell Biol. 1998;17:647-57 pubmed..In addition, detailed knowledge of LR11 biology will help to elucidate the roles of other mosaic proteins that share with LR11 elements whose function is not yet known. ..
- Snowball J, Ambalavanan M, Whitsett J, Sinner D. Endodermal Wnt signaling is required for tracheal cartilage formation. Dev Biol. 2015;405:56-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Wnt ligands produced by the tracheal epithelium pattern the tracheal mesenchyme via modulation of gene expression and cell proliferation required for proper tracheal cartilage and smooth muscle differentiation. ..