Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ppara
Description: peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha
Alias: 4933429D07Rik, AW742785, Nr1c1, PPAR-alpha, PPARalpha, Ppar, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group C member 1, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha
Publications142 found, 100 shown here
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha mediates the adaptive response to fastingS Kersten
Institut de Biologie Animale, Universite de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 103:1489-98. 1999..The nuclear receptor known as peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) was found to play a role in regulating mitochondrial and peroxisomal fatty acid oxidation, suggesting that ..
- The PPARβ/δ activator GW501516 prevents the down-regulation of AMPK caused by a high-fat diet in liver and amplifies the PGC-1α-Lipin 1-PPARα pathway leading to increased fatty acid oxidationEmma Barroso
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutic Chemistry, and Institut de Biomedicina de la University of Barcelona, Barcelona Spain
Endocrinology 152:1848-59. 2011..Here we examined the effects of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPAR)-β/δ activator GW501516 on high-fat diet (HFD)-induced hypertriglyceridemia and hepatic fatty acid oxidation...
- Lipin 1 is an inducible amplifier of the hepatic PGC-1alpha/PPARalpha regulatory pathwayBrian N Finck
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell Metab 4:199-210. 2006..Lipin activates mitochondrial fatty acid oxidative metabolism by inducing expression of the nuclear receptor PPARalpha, a known PGC-1alpha target, and via direct physical interactions with PPARalpha and PGC-1alpha...
- Peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) deficiency leads to dysregulation of hepatic lipid and carbohydrate metabolism by fatty acids and insulinMary C Sugden
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Medicine, Division of General and Developmental Medicine, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary, University of London, London, UK
Biochem J 364:361-8. 2002The aim of the present study was to determine whether peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) deficiency disrupts the normal regulation of triacylglycerol (TAG) accumulation, hepatic lipogenesis and glycogenesis by ..
- Regulatory mechanism governing the diurnal rhythm of intestinal H+/peptide cotransporter 1 (PEPT1)Hirofumi Saito
Dept of Pharmacy, Kyoto Univ Hospital, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G395-402. 2008..we also demonstrated that transcription factors, Sp1, Cdx2, and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha) contribute to the basal, intestine-specific, and fasting-induced expression of PEPT1, respectively...
- Targeting vascular NADPH oxidase 1 blocks tumor angiogenesis through a PPARα mediated mechanismSarah Garrido-Urbani
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Centre Medical Universitaire, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e14665. 2011..NOX1 silencing decreases endothelial cell migration and tube-like structure formation, through the inhibition of PPARα, a regulator of NF-κB...
- PPARγ-induced cardiolipotoxicity in mice is ameliorated by PPARα deficiency despite increases in fatty acid oxidationNi Huiping Son
Division of Preventive Medicine and Nutrition, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 120:3443-54. 2010..b>PPARγ expression is increased in the hearts of humans with metabolic syndrome, and use of PPARγ agonists is associated ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1 promotes cardiac mitochondrial biogenesisJ J Lehman
Department of Medicine, and Department of Pathology, Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 106:847-56. 2000..These results identify PGC-1 as a critical regulatory molecule in the control of cardiac mitochondrial number and function in response to energy demands...
- A critical role for the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) in the cellular fasting response: the PPARalpha-null mouse as a model of fatty acid oxidation disordersT C Leone
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7473-8. 1999..that the lipid-activated transcription factor, the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), plays a pivotal role in the cellular metabolic response to fasting...
- OXPAT/PAT-1 is a PPAR-induced lipid droplet protein that promotes fatty acid utilizationNathan E Wolins
Department of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8127, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Diabetes 55:3418-28. 2006..pharmacological (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor [PPAR] agonists), and genetic (muscle-specific PPARalpha overexpression) perturbations that increase fatty acid utilization...
- PRDM16 controls a brown fat/skeletal muscle switchPatrick Seale
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and the Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 454:961-7. 2008..PRDM16 stimulates brown adipogenesis by binding to PPAR-gamma (peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-gamma) and activating its transcriptional function...
- MLDP, a novel PAT family protein localized to lipid droplets and enriched in the heart, is regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alphaTomohiro Yamaguchi
Graduate School of Life Science, University of Hyogo, 3 2 1 Koto, Kamigori, Hyogo, 678 1297, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:14232-40. 2006..was found to be up-regulated at both mRNA and protein levels in the heart and liver by a selective ligand for PPARalpha, Wy14,643, but not in PPARalpha knock-out mice...
- The glucagon receptor is required for the adaptive metabolic response to fastingChristine Longuet
Department of Medicine, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Cell Metab 8:359-71. 2008..The actions of glucagon on TG synthesis and FAO were abolished in PPARalpha-/- hepatocytes...
- Transcriptomic analysis of PPARalpha-dependent alterations during cardiac hypertrophyPascal J H Smeets
Department of Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Physiol Genomics 36:15-23. 2008..Although PPARalpha has been shown to mitigate cardiac hypertrophy, knowledge about underlying mechanisms and the nature of ..
- Fenofibrate, a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor α agonist, alters triglyceride metabolism in enterocytes of miceAki Uchida
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1811:170-6. 2011..These results suggest that the effects of fenofibrate on the small intestine play a critical role in the hypotriglyceridemic effects of fenofibrate...
- Protective effects of adiponectin against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury via prostacyclin-PPARα-heme oxygenase-1 signaling pathwayChing Feng Cheng
Department of Medical Research, Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:239-49. 2012..analysis revealed that APN up-regulates heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) via peroxisome-proliferator-activated-receptor-α (PPARα) dependent pathway which is mediated through the enhancement of COX-2 and 6-keto PGF1α expression...
- Accelerated diabetic nephropathy in mice lacking the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alphaCheol Whee Park
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 62, Yoido Dong, Youngdeungpo ku, Seoul, Korea 150 713
Diabetes 55:885-93. 2006..The present studies were aimed at determining the role of PPARalpha in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy using PPARalpha-knockout mice and cultured murine mesangial cells...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor α (PPARα) induces PPARγ coactivator 1α (PGC-1α) gene expression and contributes to thermogenic activation of brown fat: involvement of PRDM16Elayne Hondares
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Institute of Biomedicine, University of Barcelona, and CIBER Fisiopatologia de la Obesidad y Nutricion, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Biol Chem 286:43112-22. 2011Peroxisome proliferator activated receptor α (PPARα) is a distinctive marker of the brown fat phenotype that has been proposed to coordinate the transcriptional activation of genes for lipid oxidation and for thermogenic uncoupling ..
- Cardiac hypertrophy is enhanced in PPAR alpha-/- mice in response to chronic pressure overloadPascal J H Smeets
Department of Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 78:79-89. 2008Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) is a nuclear receptor regulating cardiac metabolism that also has anti-inflammatory properties...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) gene profiling uncovers insulin-like growth factor-1 as a PPARalpha target gene in cardioprotectionHamid el Azzouzi
Hubrecht Institute and Interuniversity Cardiology Institute Netherlands, Royal Netherlands Academy of Sciences, 3584 CS Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 286:14598-607. 2011..members of the nuclear receptor family of ligand-activated transcription factors and consist of the three isoforms, PPARα, PPARβ/δ, and PPARγ...
- Comparative analysis of gene regulation by the transcription factor PPARalpha between mouse and humanMaryam Rakhshandehroo
Nutrigenomics Consortium, Top Institute TI Food and Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e6796. 2009Studies in mice have shown that PPARalpha is an important regulator of hepatic lipid metabolism and the acute phase response. However, little information is available on the role of PPARalpha in human liver...
- Liver-specific peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha target gene regulation by the angiotensin type 1 receptor blocker telmisartanMarkus Clemenz
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Hessische Str 3 4, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Diabetes 57:1405-13. 2008..investigates the molecular mechanisms of telmisartans hypolipidemic actions, in particular its effect on the PPARalpha pathway...
- Adiponectin protects against angiotensin II-induced cardiac fibrosis through activation of PPAR-alphaKoichi Fujita
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 B5, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:863-70. 2008..However, the role of adiponectin in cardiac fibrosis remains uncertain. We herein explore the effects of adiponectin on cardiac fibrosis induced by angiotensin II (Ang II)...
- Requirement of PPARalpha in maintaining phospholipid and triacylglycerol homeostasis during energy deprivationSusanna S T Lee
Department of Biochemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
J Lipid Res 45:2025-37. 2004The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) has been implicated as a key control of fatty acid catabolism during the cellular fasting...
- Peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-alpha activation protects brain capillary endothelial cells from oxygen-glucose deprivation-induced hyperpermeability in the blood-brain barrierCaroline Mysiorek
Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Curr Neurovasc Res 6:181-93. 2009..Previous studies reported neuroprotection in animal models upon activation of the nuclear receptor PPARalpha(peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor)alpha, but the cellular targets at the BBB level remain largely ..
- AMPK activation increases fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle by activating PPARalpha and PGC-1Woo Je Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:291-5. 2006..show that AMPK activation by 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleoside (AICAR) increases mRNA expression of PPARalpha target genes and PGC-1 in cultured muscle cells and mouse skeletal muscle, and that inhibition of PPARalpha and ..
- PPARα deficiency augments a ketogenic diet-induced circadian PAI-1 expression possibly through PPARγ activation in the liverKatsutaka Oishi
Biological Clock Research Group, Biomedical Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 401:313-8. 2010..To determine whether peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor α (PPARα) is involved in hypofibrinolytic status induced by a KD, we examined the expression profiles of PAI-1 and ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha is involved in cardiomyocyte differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells in vitroLing Ding
Institute of Pharmacology Toxicology and Biochemical Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Cell Biol Int 31:1002-9. 2007Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) plays a key role in the transcriptional regulation of genes involved in cellular lipid and energy metabolism, which is abundantly expressed in tissues with high energy demand, ..
- PPAR alpha is necessary for the lipopenic action of hyperleptinemia on white adipose and liver tissueY Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11848-53. 2002..PPAR)alpha expression, which was increased during the rapid loss of fat, we infused adenovirus-leptin into PPAR alpha(-/-) and PPAR alpha(+/+) mice...
- Progressive endoplasmic reticulum stress contributes to hepatocarcinogenesis in fatty acyl-CoA oxidase 1-deficient miceJiansheng Huang
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Am J Pathol 179:703-13. 2011..substrates of this enzyme that function as biological ligands for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-α (PPARα) in liver...
- PGC-1 promotes insulin resistance in liver through PPAR-alpha-dependent induction of TRB-3Seung Hoi Koo
Peptide Biology Laboratories, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037 1002, USA
Nat Med 10:530-4. 2004..The nuclear hormone receptor coactivator PGC-1 (peroxisome proliferator-activated (PPAR)-gamma coactivator-1) has been implicated in the onset of type 2 diabetes...
- Fatty acid homeostasis and induction of lipid regulatory genes in skeletal muscles of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) alpha knock-out mice. Evidence for compensatory regulation by PPAR deltaDeborah M Muoio
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 277:26089-97. 2002..In the present study we used PPAR alpha knockout (KO) mice to determine whether this transcription factor is essential for regulating fuel metabolism in ..
- Genome-wide analysis of PPARalpha activation in murine small intestineMeike Bünger
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Physiol Genomics 30:192-204. 2007The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is a fatty acid-activated transcription factor that governs a variety of biological processes. Little is known about the role of PPARalpha in the small intestine...
- Lipin 1 represses NFATc4 transcriptional activity in adipocytes to inhibit secretion of inflammatory factorsHyun Bae Kim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:3126-39. 2010..These observations place lipin 1 as a potentially important link between triacylglycerol synthesis and adipose tissue inflammation...
- Alterations in carbohydrate metabolism and its regulation in PPARalpha null mouse heartsRoselle Gélinas
Montreal Heart Inst Research Center, 5350, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H1T 1C8
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H1571-80. 2008..of CHOs for energy production and anaplerosis in 12-wk-old peroxisome proliferator-activating receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) null mice (a model of FA beta-oxidation defects)...
- Monocarboxylate transporter (MCT)-1 is up-regulated by PPARalphaBettina König
Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1780:899-904. 2008..In this study we observed for the first time that activation of PPARalpha in rats by clofibrate treatment or fasting increased hepatic mRNA concentration of MCT1...
- The Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist is a direct target gene of PPARalpha in liverRinke Stienstra
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 46:869-77. 2007..It is known that PPARalpha also has an anti-inflammatory effect, which is mainly achieved by down-regulating pro-inflammatory genes...
- The G0/G1 switch gene 2 is a novel PPAR target geneFokko Zandbergen
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group, Wageningen University, 6700 EV, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Biochem J 392:313-24. 2005..By comparing liver mRNAs of wild-type and PPARalpha-null mice using microarrays, a novel putative target gene of PPARalpha, G0S2 (G0/G1 switch gene 2), was ..
- Sumoylated PPARalpha mediates sex-specific gene repression and protects the liver from estrogen-induced toxicity in miceNicolas Leuenberger
Center for Integrative Genomics, National Research Center Frontiers in Genetics, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 119:3138-48. 2009..Here we show that in mice, PPARalpha has broad female-dependent repressive actions on hepatic genes involved in steroid metabolism and immunity...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha regulates lipid homeostasis, but is not associated with obesity: studies with congenic mouse linesT E Akiyama
Laboratory of Metabolism, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 276:39088-93. 2001Considerable controversy exists in determining the role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) in obesity...
- Peroxisomal and mitochondrial fatty acid beta-oxidation in mice nullizygous for both peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha and peroxisomal fatty acyl-CoA oxidase. Genotype correlation with fatty liver phenotypeT Hashimoto
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Biol Chem 274:19228-36. 1999..Synthetic peroxisome proliferators interact with peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) to transcriptionally activate genes that participate in peroxisomal, microsomal, ..
- Reciprocal regulation of brain and muscle Arnt-like protein 1 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha defines a novel positive feedback loop in the rodent liver circadian clockLaurence Canaple
Structure and Evolution of Nuclear Receptors, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 5161, Institut Fédératif de Recherche IFR 128 BioSciences Lyon Gerland, Lyon, France
Mol Endocrinol 20:1715-27. 2006Recent evidence has emerged that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), which is largely involved in lipid metabolism, can play an important role in connecting circadian biology and metabolism...
- A role for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha ) in the control of cardiac malonyl-CoA levels: reduced fatty acid oxidation rates and increased glucose oxidation rates in the hearts of mice lacking PPARalpha are associated with higFiona M Campbell
Department of Pharmacology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2S2, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:4098-103. 2002Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is a nuclear receptor transcription factor that has an important role in controlling cardiac metabolic gene expression...
- A combined 1H-NMR spectroscopy- and mass spectrometry-based metabolomic study of the PPAR-alpha null mutant mouse defines profound systemic changes in metabolism linked to the metabolic syndromeHelen J Atherton
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Physiol Genomics 27:178-86. 2006..beta-oxidation in the liver, in part under the regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha)...
- A pan-PPAR ligand induces hepatic fatty acid oxidation in PPARalpha-/- mice possibly through PGC-1 mediated PPARdelta coactivationTherese H Røst
Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Norway
Biochim Biophys Acta 1791:1076-83. 2009..b>PPARalpha-/- mice were employed to study the role of PPARalpha after TTA treatment...
- A role for Sp and nuclear receptor transcription factors in a cardiac hypertrophic growth programM N Sack
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:6438-43. 1997..These results identify a transcriptional regulatory mechanism involved in the reinduction of a fetal metabolic program during pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy...
- Inhibition by fibrates of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 expression in human adipocytes and preadipocytesAndreas Zirlik
Dept of Cardiology and Angiology, University of Freiburg, Hugstetterstrasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Thromb Haemost 101:1060-9. 2009..Fibrates are hypolipidemic peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) agonists. Recent laboratory and clinical observations indicate that they are also anti-atherosclerotic...
- Adiponectin-mediated heme oxygenase-1 induction protects against iron-induced liver injury via a PPARα dependent mechanismHeng Lin
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
Am J Pathol 177:1697-709. 2010..Furthermore, AMPK-mediated peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-α (PPARα) activation by APN was ascribable to HO-1 induction...
- n-3 Fatty acids preserve insulin sensitivity in vivo in a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha-dependent mannerSusanne Neschen
Yale University School of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Departments of Internal Medicine, The Anlyan Center, P O Box 9812, New Haven, CT 06536 8012, USA
Diabetes 56:1034-41. 2007..oil, protect against high-fat diet-induced insulin resistance through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha activation and a subsequent decrease in intracellular lipid abundance...
- Cloning and characterization of murine 1-acyl-sn-glycerol 3-phosphate acyltransferases and their regulation by PPARalpha in murine heartBiao Lu
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0T6
Biochem J 385:469-77. 2005..tissue distribution, and enzyme characterization of mAGPATs (murine AGPATs) and regulation of cardiac mAGPATs by PPARalpha (peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor alpha)...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha-null mice have increased white adipose tissue glucose utilization, GLUT4, and fat mass: Role in liver and brainClaude Knauf
Unit Mixte de Recherche, 5018, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique University Paul Sabatier, IFR 31, Bt L1 Rue J Poulhès, 31403 Toulouse, France
Endocrinology 147:4067-78. 2006..Here we compared PPARalpha knockout mice with wild type and confirmed that the former developed hypoglycemia during fasting...
- Role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) in bezafibrate-induced hepatocarcinogenesis and cholestasisThomas Hays
Department of Veterinary Science and Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:219-27. 2005..Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) is required to mediate alterations in PPARalpha target gene expression, repress apoptosis, enhance replicative ..
- A potential link between muscle peroxisome proliferator- activated receptor-alpha signaling and obesity-related diabetesBrian N Finck
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell Metab 1:133-44. 2005The role of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) in the development of insulin-resistant diabetes was evaluated using gain- and loss-of-function approaches...
- Differential regulation of fatty acid elongation enzymes in brown adipocytes implies a unique role for Elovl3 during increased fatty acid oxidationAndreas Jakobsson
The Wenner Gren Institute, The Arrhenius Laboratories F3, Stockholm University, SE 10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289:E517-26. 2005..the cold-induced Elovl3 expression is under the control of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) and that this regulation is part of a fundamental divergence in the regulation of expression for the different ..
- Constitutive regulation of cardiac fatty acid metabolism through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha associated with age-dependent cardiac toxicityK Watanabe
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Niigata College of Pharmacy, Niigata, Niigata 950 2081, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:22293-9. 2000The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily and mediates the biological effects of peroxisome proliferators...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha mediates the effects of high-fat diet on hepatic gene expressionDavid Patsouris
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 147:1508-16. 2006..The PPARalpha isotype is abundant in liver and activated by fasting...
- Distinct transcriptional regulation of long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase isoforms and cytosolic thioesterase 1 in the rodent heart by fatty acids and insulinDavid J Durgan
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H2480-97. 2006..for these transcriptional changes uncovered roles for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) and insulin as regulators of specific acsl isoforms and cte1 in the heart. Culturing ARCs with oleate (0.1-0...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha protects against obesity-induced hepatic inflammationRinke Stienstra
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 148:2753-63. 2007..The transcription factor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) has been shown to have a strong antiinflammatory action in liver...
- Genetic manipulations of PPARs: effects on obesity and metabolic diseaseYaacov Barak
The Jackson Laboratory, ME, USA
PPAR Res 2007:12781. 2007..Considering the effects of PPAR ligands on critical aspects of systemic physiology, including obesity, lipid metabolism, insulin resistance, and ..
- The PPAR alpha-humanized mouse: a model to investigate species differences in liver toxicity mediated by PPAR alphaQian Yang
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Toxicol Sci 101:132-9. 2008..response to peroxisome proliferators (PPs) mediated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)alpha, PPAR alpha-humanized transgenic mice were generated using a P1 phage artificial chromosome (PAC) genomic clone bred onto a ..
- Citrus auraptene acts as an agonist for PPARs and enhances adiponectin production and MCP-1 reduction in 3T3-L1 adipocytesKayo Kuroyanagi
Laboratory of Molecular Function of Food, Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 366:219-25. 2008..ligand assay system, we showed that citrus auraptene activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha and PPARgamma...
- Selective activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)alpha and PPAR gamma induces neoangiogenesis through a vascular endothelial growth factor-dependent mechanismFederico Biscetti
Laboratory of Vascular Biology and Genetics, Department of Medicine, A Gemelli University Hospital, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Diabetes 57:1394-404. 2008..In this study, we evaluated whether activation of PPAR alpha and PPAR gamma stimulates neoangiogenesis.
- Regulation of adiponectin receptor 2 expression via PPAR-alpha in NIT-1 cellsTae Woo Jung
Samsung Biomedical Institute, Seoul, Korea
Endocr J 56:377-82. 2009..Clofibrate, an agonist of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha) delayed the palmitate-induced impairment of AdiR2 expression and PPAR-alpha; this delay was abolished by ..
- The transcriptional response to a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonist includes increased expression of proteome maintenance genesSteven P Anderson
Investigative Toxicology and Pathology Group, Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 279:52390-8. 2004The nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), in addition to regulating lipid homeostasis, controls the level of tissue damage after chemical or physical stress...
- Nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is expressed in resting murine lymphocytes. The PPARalpha in T and B lymphocytes is both transactivation and transrepression competentDallas C Jones
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 277:6838-45. 2002..b>PPARalpha and PPARgamma ligands have been demonstrated to exert anti-inflammatory activities in macrophages by repressing ..
- Central role of PPARalpha in the mechanism of action of hepatocarcinogenic peroxisome proliferatorsJ C Corton
Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology CIIT, P O Box 12137, 6 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2137, USA
Mutat Res 448:139-51. 2000..In this review, we discuss the evidence that PPARalpha, the predominant PPAR in the, liver is involved in the growth promoting and hepatocarcinogenic effects of PP.
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors alpha and gamma down-regulate allergic inflammation and eosinophil activationGaetane Woerly
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U547 IFR17, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
J Exp Med 198:411-21. 2003..We demonstrate here that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs), PPAR-alpha and PPAR-gamma, which have been shown recently to be involved in the regulation of various cell types within ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha activation as a mechanism of preventive neuroprotection induced by chronic fenofibrate treatmentDominique Deplanque
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Universite de Lille 2, Faculté deMédecine, Lille, 59045 France
J Neurosci 23:6264-71. 2003..Here, we show that a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR-alpha) activator, fenofibrate, protects against cerebral injury by anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory mechanisms...
- Reduced hepatic fatty acid oxidation in fasting PPARalpha null mice is due to impaired mitochondrial hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA synthase gene expressionC Le May
Endocrinologie Métabolisme et Développement, UPR 1524 CNRS, Meudon, France
FEBS Lett 475:163-6. 2000..has been measured in hepatocytes isolated from 24 h starved peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) null and wild-type mice...
- Dexamethasone induction of hypertension and diabetes is PPAR-alpha dependent in LDL receptor-null miceCarlos Bernal-Mizrachi
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110 USA
Nat Med 9:1069-75. 2003..PPAR-alpha) mediates these sequelae, mice deficient in low-density lipoprotein receptor (Ldlr-/-), with (Ppara+/+) or without (Ppara-/-) PPAR-alpha, were treated chronically with dexamethasone...
- Hepatic expression of PPARalpha, a molecular target of fibrates, is regulated during inflammation in a gender-specific mannerE Shyong Tai
Department of Endocrinology, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
FEBS Lett 546:237-40. 2003..Here we show that hepatic expression of Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), a nuclear receptor that regulates lipid metabolism and inflammation, is regulated in a gender-specific manner ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha-null mice lack resistance to acetaminophen hepatotoxicity following clofibrate exposureC Chen
Toxicology Program, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Department of Pathobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 2092, USA
Toxicol Sci 57:338-44. 2000The purpose of this study was to investigate whether activation of the nuclear receptor PPARalpha is needed for protection from acetaminophen (APAP) hepatotoxicity produced by repeated administration of the peroxisome proliferator ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha is not rate-limiting for the lipoprotein-lowering action of fish oilJ Dallongeville
Departement d Atherosclerose, INSERM U 508, and INSERM U 325, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 59019 Lille, France
J Biol Chem 276:4634-9. 2001..fatty acids contained in fish oil are activators of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha)...
- Targeted disruption of the alpha isoform of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gene in mice results in abolishment of the pleiotropic effects of peroxisome proliferatorsS S Lee
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:3012-22. 1995To gain insight into the function of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) isoforms in rodents, we disrupted the ligand-binding domain of the alpha isoform of mouse PPAR (mPPAR alpha) by homologous recombination...
- PPAR-alpha-null mice are protected from high-fat diet-induced insulin resistanceM Guerre-Millo
Unit 465, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Paris, France
Diabetes 50:2809-14. 2001Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha controls the expression of genes involved in lipid metabolism...
- PPARalpha deficiency reduces insulin resistance and atherosclerosis in apoE-null miceK Tordjman
Department of Medicine and the Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 107:1025-34. 2001b>PPARalpha is a ligand-dependent transcription factor expressed at high levels in the liver...
- Topical peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-alpha activators reduce inflammation in irritant and allergic contact dermatitis modelsMary Y Sheu
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
J Invest Dermatol 118:94-101. 2002....
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha negatively regulates T-bet transcription through suppression of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activationDallas C Jones
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Immunol 171:196-203. 2003Expression of the nuclear hormone receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) in resting lymphocytes was recently established, although the physiologic role(s) played by this nuclear hormone receptor in these ..
- A gender-related defect in lipid metabolism and glucose homeostasis in peroxisome proliferator- activated receptor alpha- deficient miceF Djouadi
INSERM U319, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 102:1083-91. 1998The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is a nuclear receptor implicated in the control of cellular lipid utilization...
- Differential expression and activation of a family of murine peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorsS A Kliewer
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:7355-9. 1994..of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) isoforms in mammals, we have cloned and characterized two PPAR alpha-related cDNAs (designated PPAR gamma and -delta, respectively) from mouse...
- PPARalpha governs glycerol metabolismDavid Patsouris
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 114:94-103. 2004..glycerol transporters aquaporin 3 and 9, are upregulated by fasting in wild-type mice but not in mice lacking PPARalpha. Furthermore, expression of these genes was induced by the PPARalpha agonist Wy14643 in wild-type but not ..
- Altered constitutive expression of fatty acid-metabolizing enzymes in mice lacking the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha)T Aoyama
Department of Biochemistry, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Nagano 390, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:5678-84. 1998Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is a member of the steroid/nuclear receptor superfamily and mediates the biological and toxicological effects of peroxisome proliferators...
- Diminished hepatocellular proliferation in mice humanized for the nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alphaConnie Cheung
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 64:3849-54. 2004..fibrate drugs function as agonists for the nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha). Sustained activation of PPARalpha leads to the development of liver tumors in rats and mice...
- Oleoylethanolamide stimulates lipolysis by activating the nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR-alpha)Manuel Guzman
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4260, USA
J Biol Chem 279:27849-54. 2004..FAE oleoylethanolamide (OEA) reduces feeding and body weight gain by activating the nuclear receptor PPAR-alpha (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha)...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha activation modulates cellular redox status, represses nuclear factor-kappaB signaling, and reduces inflammatory cytokine production in agingM E Poynter
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 273:32833-41. 1998..aged mice of agents capable of activating the alpha isoform of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPARalpha) was found to restore the cellular redox balance, evidenced by a lowering of tissue lipid peroxidation, an ..
- L-FABP is exclusively expressed in alveolar macrophages within the myeloid lineage: evidence for a PPARalpha-independent expressionChristian Schachtrup
Department of Biochemistry, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:2042-53. 2004..A low level PPARalpha mRNA could be detected in peritoneal macrophages and immature dendritic cells but not in mature dendritic cells ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha-isoform deficiency leads to progressive dyslipidemia with sexually dimorphic obesity and steatosisP Costet
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie et Toxicologie, INRA, BP 3, 31931 Toulouse, Cedex 09 France
J Biol Chem 273:29577-85. 1998The alpha-isoform of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPARalpha) is a nuclear transcription factor activated by structurally diverse chemicals referred to as peroxisome proliferators...
- Overlapping transcriptional programs regulated by the nuclear receptors peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha, retinoid X receptor, and liver X receptor in mouse liverSteven P Anderson
Investigative Toxicology and Pathology Group, Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Mol Pharmacol 66:1440-52. 2004..is controlled in part by the nuclear receptors peroxisome proliferator (PP)-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) and liver X receptor (LXR) through regulation of genes involved in fatty acid and cholesterol metabolism...
- Hepatic de novo synthesis of glucose 6-phosphate is not affected in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha-deficient mice but is preferentially directed toward hepatic glycogen stores after a short term fastRobert H J Bandsma
Center for Liver, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Groningen, 9713 G2 Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 279:8930-7. 2004Apart from impaired beta-oxidation, Pparalpha-deficient (Pparalpha(-/-)) mice suffer from hypoglycemia during prolonged fasting, suggesting alterations in hepatic glucose metabolism...
- Nuclear receptor binding factor-1 (NRBF-1), a protein interacting with a wide spectrum of nuclear hormone receptorsN Masuda
Department of Life Science, Himeji Institute of Technology, Kamigori, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
Gene 221:225-33. 1998..receptor (PPAR), a rat liver cDNA library was screened by a yeast two-hybrid system, using the mouse PPARalpha as a bait...
- Coordinate induction of PPAR alpha and SREBP2 in multifunctional protein 2 deficient miceKatrin Martens
Laboratory of Cell Metabolism, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Biochim Biophys Acta 1781:694-702. 2008..Gene expression profiling performed on liver of 2-day-old pups revealed up-regulation of PPAR alpha responsive genes in knockout mice...
- Regulation of blood pressure, natriuresis and renal thiazide/amiloride sensitivity in PPARalpha null micePatience Obih
College of Pharmacy, Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Blood Press 17:55-63. 2008This study evaluated the role of PPARalpha in renal function and whether PPARalpha knockout (KO) mice are hypertensive or salt-sensitive...
- Critical role of PPAR-alpha in perfluorooctanoic acid- and perfluorodecanoic acid-induced downregulation of Oatp uptake transporters in mouse liversXingguo Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:37-45. 2008..and to determine the underlying regulatory mechanisms by using peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR-alpha), constitutive androstane receptor, pregnane-X receptor, NF-E2-related factor 2, and farnesoid X receptor-..
- Perfluorocarboxylic acids induce cytochrome P450 enzymes in mouse liver through activation of PPAR-alpha and CAR transcription factorsXingguo Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:29-36. 2008..androstane receptor (CAR)-, pregnane-X receptor (PXR)-, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR)-alpha-, and farnesoid X receptor-null mouse models, PPAR-alpha and CAR were shown to play central roles in the ..
- Colfibrate attenuates blood pressure and sodium retention in DOCA-salt hypertensionYiqiang Zhou
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Kidney Int 74:1040-8. 2008Clofibrate, a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR alpha) agonist, increases renal tubular cytochrome P450 4a (Cyp4a) expression thereby increasing 20-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid (20-HETE) production...
- Glucose deprivation, oxidative stress and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARA) cause peroxisome proliferation in preimplantation mouse embryosSarah Jansen
School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Reproduction 138:493-505. 2009..be involved and influenced by peroxisome proliferators such as peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARA). PCR confirmed Ppara mRNA expression in mouse embryos...
- PPARalpha-dependent induction of liver microsomal esterification of estradiol and testosterone by a prototypical peroxisome proliferatorS Xu
Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Chemical Biology, College of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Endocrinology 142:3554-7. 2001..To explore the role of PPARalpha in the induction of fatty acyl-coenzyme A:estradiol acyltransferase and fatty acyl-coenzyme A:testosterone ..
- PPARgamma agonist rosiglitazone is neuroprotective after traumatic brain injury via anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative mechanismsJae Hyuk Yi
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin, K4 8 Mail code CSC 8660, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Brain Res 1244:164-72. 2008Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-gamma is a ligand-activated transcription factor of nuclear hormone receptor superfamily...
- Up-regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPAR-alpha) and PPAR-gamma messenger ribonucleic acid expression in the liver in murine obesity: troglitazone induces expression of PPAR-gamma-responsive adipose tissue-specific genes in the liR A Memon
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Endocrinology 141:4021-31. 2000..The three isoforms of the PPAR family, i.e. alpha, delta, and gamma, have distinct tissue distribution patterns...
- PPARalpha deficiency does not modify age dependency but prevents high fat diet increase in plasma PAI-1 as well as insulin resistanceAlenka Mavri
Thromb Haemost 91:1051-2. 2004
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha coordinates a transcription factor network regulating hepatic fatty acid metabolismCelia Pilar Martinez-Jimenez
Biomedical Sciences Research Center Alexander Fleming, 16672 Vari, Greece
Mol Cell Biol 30:565-77. 2010..fed animals, together with HNF4alpha, maintains PPARgamma expression at low levels and represses several PPARalpha-regulated genes...
- Modulation of AhR-dependent signaling by PPARb/dJeffrey M Peters; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have discovered that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor- (PPAR-also referred to as PPAR) may also alter AhR-dependent signaling by modulating cytochrome P450 (CYP) expression...
- Role of the PPARb in epithelial cell proliferationJeffrey Peters; Fiscal Year: 2004..Despite numerous roles elucidated for the PPARa and PPARy that contribute to diseases including hyperlipidemias, atherosclerosis, obesity, diabetes and cancer, ..
- Role of PPARbeta in colon carcinogenesisJeffrey Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007..identified as a member of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs) in 1994, specific roles for the PPAR-beta (also referred to as PPAR-delta) have remained elusive, Recent data suggests that the PPAR-beta may be ..
- IDENTIFICATION OF LIVER STEM CELLS IN PANCREASJanardan Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Transcriptional Coactivators in Liver FunctionJanardan Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2008..liver carcinogenesis; 2) investigate the functional roles of coactivators PBP, PRIP and PIMT in nuclear receptor PPAR and PPAR signaling mechanisms necessary for hepatic energy metabolism (fatty acid oxidation), 3) determine the role ..
- Effects of Psychological Stress on the Stratum CorneumKenneth Feingold; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 4: To determine if the abnormalities in permeability barrier homeostasis and SC integrity/ cohesion induced by GC treatment in humans, are due to the inhibition of epidermal lipid synthesis. ..
- Transcriptional Coactivators in Liver FunctionJanardan Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2007Members of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor subfamily (PPARalpha, PPARgamma, and PPARdelta) play a central role in lipid metabolism/energy homeostasis, adipocyte differentiation, and cancer...
- Involvement of Myeloperoxidase in AtherosclerosisWanda Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will reveal if MPO-generated oxidants promote atherosclerosis in mouse models, thereby humanizing existing mouse models, and enabling investigations of the role of MPO-mediated oxidation in atherosclerosis. ..
- Ketone Dysregulation and Muscle Insulin ResistanceDEBORAH MUOIO; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of BMPs on Brown Adipogenesis and ThermogenesisYu Hua Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ROLE OF INSULIN AND IGF-1 ON BROWN ADIPOCYTESYu Hua Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accomplishment of the proposed studies will further our understanding on hormonal controls of metabolism and survival of brown adipocytes. ..
- Mechanisms linking the adipogenic phenotype of aging muscle to insulin resistanceDeborah M Muoio; Fiscal Year: 2010....