Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ppara
Description: peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha
Alias: 4933429D07Rik, AW742785, Nr1c1, PPAR-alpha, PPARalpha, Ppar, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group C member 1, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha
Publications115 found, 100 shown here
- Reciprocal regulation of brain and muscle Arnt-like protein 1 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha defines a novel positive feedback loop in the rodent liver circadian clockLaurence Canaple
Structure and Evolution of Nuclear Receptors, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 5161, Institut Fédératif de Recherche IFR 128 BioSciences Lyon Gerland, Lyon, France
Mol Endocrinol 20:1715-27. 2006Recent evidence has emerged that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), which is largely involved in lipid metabolism, can play an important role in connecting circadian biology and metabolism...
- OXPAT/PAT-1 is a PPAR-induced lipid droplet protein that promotes fatty acid utilizationNathan E Wolins
Department of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8127, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Diabetes 55:3418-28. 2006..pharmacological (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor [PPAR] agonists), and genetic (muscle-specific PPARalpha overexpression) perturbations that increase fatty acid utilization...
- PRDM16 controls a brown fat/skeletal muscle switchPatrick Seale
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and the Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 454:961-7. 2008..PRDM16 stimulates brown adipogenesis by binding to PPAR-gamma (peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-gamma) and activating its transcriptional function...
- Comparative analysis of gene regulation by the transcription factor PPARalpha between mouse and humanMaryam Rakhshandehroo
Nutrigenomics Consortium, Top Institute TI Food and Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e6796. 2009Studies in mice have shown that PPARalpha is an important regulator of hepatic lipid metabolism and the acute phase response. However, little information is available on the role of PPARalpha in human liver...
- Sumoylated PPARalpha mediates sex-specific gene repression and protects the liver from estrogen-induced toxicity in miceNicolas Leuenberger
Center for Integrative Genomics, National Research Center Frontiers in Genetics, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 119:3138-48. 2009..Here we show that in mice, PPARalpha has broad female-dependent repressive actions on hepatic genes involved in steroid metabolism and immunity...
- Inhibition by fibrates of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 expression in human adipocytes and preadipocytesAndreas Zirlik
Dept of Cardiology and Angiology, University of Freiburg, Hugstetterstrasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Thromb Haemost 101:1060-9. 2009..Fibrates are hypolipidemic peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) agonists. Recent laboratory and clinical observations indicate that they are also anti-atherosclerotic...
- Peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-alpha activation protects brain capillary endothelial cells from oxygen-glucose deprivation-induced hyperpermeability in the blood-brain barrierCaroline Mysiorek
Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Curr Neurovasc Res 6:181-93. 2009..Previous studies reported neuroprotection in animal models upon activation of the nuclear receptor PPARalpha(peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor)alpha, but the cellular targets at the BBB level remain largely ..
- A pan-PPAR ligand induces hepatic fatty acid oxidation in PPARalpha-/- mice possibly through PGC-1 mediated PPARdelta coactivationTherese H Røst
Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Norway
Biochim Biophys Acta 1791:1076-83. 2009..b>PPARalpha-/- mice were employed to study the role of PPARalpha after TTA treatment...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1 promotes cardiac mitochondrial biogenesisJ J Lehman
Department of Medicine, and Department of Pathology, Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 106:847-56. 2000..These results identify PGC-1 as a critical regulatory molecule in the control of cardiac mitochondrial number and function in response to energy demands...
- Accelerated diabetic nephropathy in mice lacking the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alphaCheol Whee Park
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 62, Yoido Dong, Youngdeungpo ku, Seoul, Korea 150 713
Diabetes 55:885-93. 2006..The present studies were aimed at determining the role of PPARalpha in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy using PPARalpha-knockout mice and cultured murine mesangial cells...
- A critical role for the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) in the cellular fasting response: the PPARalpha-null mouse as a model of fatty acid oxidation disordersT C Leone
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7473-8. 1999..that the lipid-activated transcription factor, the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), plays a pivotal role in the cellular metabolic response to fasting...
- PGC-1 promotes insulin resistance in liver through PPAR-alpha-dependent induction of TRB-3Seung Hoi Koo
Peptide Biology Laboratories, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037 1002, USA
Nat Med 10:530-4. 2004..The nuclear hormone receptor coactivator PGC-1 (peroxisome proliferator-activated (PPAR)-gamma coactivator-1) has been implicated in the onset of type 2 diabetes...
- Cloning and characterization of murine 1-acyl-sn-glycerol 3-phosphate acyltransferases and their regulation by PPARalpha in murine heartBiao Lu
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0T6
Biochem J 385:469-77. 2005..tissue distribution, and enzyme characterization of mAGPATs (murine AGPATs) and regulation of cardiac mAGPATs by PPARalpha (peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor alpha)...
- Overlapping transcriptional programs regulated by the nuclear receptors peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha, retinoid X receptor, and liver X receptor in mouse liverSteven P Anderson
Investigative Toxicology and Pathology Group, Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Mol Pharmacol 66:1440-52. 2004..is controlled in part by the nuclear receptors peroxisome proliferator (PP)-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) and liver X receptor (LXR) through regulation of genes involved in fatty acid and cholesterol metabolism...
- Role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) in bezafibrate-induced hepatocarcinogenesis and cholestasisThomas Hays
Department of Veterinary Science and Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:219-27. 2005..Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) is required to mediate alterations in PPARalpha target gene expression, repress apoptosis, enhance replicative ..
- The transcriptional response to a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonist includes increased expression of proteome maintenance genesSteven P Anderson
Investigative Toxicology and Pathology Group, Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 279:52390-8. 2004The nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), in addition to regulating lipid homeostasis, controls the level of tissue damage after chemical or physical stress...
- Requirement of PPARalpha in maintaining phospholipid and triacylglycerol homeostasis during energy deprivationSusanna S T Lee
Department of Biochemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
J Lipid Res 45:2025-37. 2004The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) has been implicated as a key control of fatty acid catabolism during the cellular fasting...
- PPARalpha governs glycerol metabolismDavid Patsouris
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 114:94-103. 2004..glycerol transporters aquaporin 3 and 9, are upregulated by fasting in wild-type mice but not in mice lacking PPARalpha. Furthermore, expression of these genes was induced by the PPARalpha agonist Wy14643 in wild-type but not ..
- L-FABP is exclusively expressed in alveolar macrophages within the myeloid lineage: evidence for a PPARalpha-independent expressionChristian Schachtrup
Department of Biochemistry, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:2042-53. 2004..A low level PPARalpha mRNA could be detected in peritoneal macrophages and immature dendritic cells but not in mature dendritic cells ..
- Diminished hepatocellular proliferation in mice humanized for the nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alphaConnie Cheung
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 64:3849-54. 2004..fibrate drugs function as agonists for the nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha). Sustained activation of PPARalpha leads to the development of liver tumors in rats and mice...
- Oleoylethanolamide stimulates lipolysis by activating the nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR-alpha)Manuel Guzman
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4260, USA
J Biol Chem 279:27849-54. 2004..FAE oleoylethanolamide (OEA) reduces feeding and body weight gain by activating the nuclear receptor PPAR-alpha (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha)...
- Hepatic de novo synthesis of glucose 6-phosphate is not affected in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha-deficient mice but is preferentially directed toward hepatic glycogen stores after a short term fastRobert H J Bandsma
Center for Liver, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Groningen, 9713 G2 Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 279:8930-7. 2004Apart from impaired beta-oxidation, Pparalpha-deficient (Pparalpha(-/-)) mice suffer from hypoglycemia during prolonged fasting, suggesting alterations in hepatic glucose metabolism...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors alpha and gamma down-regulate allergic inflammation and eosinophil activationGaetane Woerly
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U547 IFR17, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
J Exp Med 198:411-21. 2003..We demonstrate here that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs), PPAR-alpha and PPAR-gamma, which have been shown recently to be involved in the regulation of various cell types within ..
- Differential regulation of fatty acid elongation enzymes in brown adipocytes implies a unique role for Elovl3 during increased fatty acid oxidationAndreas Jakobsson
The Wenner Gren Institute, The Arrhenius Laboratories F3, Stockholm University, SE 10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289:E517-26. 2005..the cold-induced Elovl3 expression is under the control of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) and that this regulation is part of a fundamental divergence in the regulation of expression for the different ..
- A potential link between muscle peroxisome proliferator- activated receptor-alpha signaling and obesity-related diabetesBrian N Finck
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell Metab 1:133-44. 2005The role of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) in the development of insulin-resistant diabetes was evaluated using gain- and loss-of-function approaches...
- The G0/G1 switch gene 2 is a novel PPAR target geneFokko Zandbergen
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group, Wageningen University, 6700 EV, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Biochem J 392:313-24. 2005..By comparing liver mRNAs of wild-type and PPARalpha-null mice using microarrays, a novel putative target gene of PPARalpha, G0S2 (G0/G1 switch gene 2), was ..
- Regulation of adiponectin receptor 2 expression via PPAR-alpha in NIT-1 cellsTae Woo Jung
Samsung Biomedical Institute, Seoul, Korea
Endocr J 56:377-82. 2009..Clofibrate, an agonist of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha) delayed the palmitate-induced impairment of AdiR2 expression and PPAR-alpha; this delay was abolished by ..
- Adiponectin protects against angiotensin II-induced cardiac fibrosis through activation of PPAR-alphaKoichi Fujita
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 B5, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:863-70. 2008..However, the role of adiponectin in cardiac fibrosis remains uncertain. We herein explore the effects of adiponectin on cardiac fibrosis induced by angiotensin II (Ang II)...
- Selective activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)alpha and PPAR gamma induces neoangiogenesis through a vascular endothelial growth factor-dependent mechanismFederico Biscetti
Laboratory of Vascular Biology and Genetics, Department of Medicine, A Gemelli University Hospital, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Diabetes 57:1394-404. 2008..In this study, we evaluated whether activation of PPAR alpha and PPAR gamma stimulates neoangiogenesis.
- Citrus auraptene acts as an agonist for PPARs and enhances adiponectin production and MCP-1 reduction in 3T3-L1 adipocytesKayo Kuroyanagi
Laboratory of Molecular Function of Food, Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 366:219-25. 2008..ligand assay system, we showed that citrus auraptene activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha and PPARgamma...
- The PPAR alpha-humanized mouse: a model to investigate species differences in liver toxicity mediated by PPAR alphaQian Yang
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Toxicol Sci 101:132-9. 2008..response to peroxisome proliferators (PPs) mediated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)alpha, PPAR alpha-humanized transgenic mice were generated using a P1 phage artificial chromosome (PAC) genomic clone bred onto a ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha is involved in cardiomyocyte differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells in vitroLing Ding
Institute of Pharmacology Toxicology and Biochemical Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Cell Biol Int 31:1002-9. 2007Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) plays a key role in the transcriptional regulation of genes involved in cellular lipid and energy metabolism, which is abundantly expressed in tissues with high energy demand, ..
- Genetic manipulations of PPARs: effects on obesity and metabolic diseaseYaacov Barak
The Jackson Laboratory, ME, USA
PPAR Res 2007:12781. 2007..Considering the effects of PPAR ligands on critical aspects of systemic physiology, including obesity, lipid metabolism, insulin resistance, and ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha protects against obesity-induced hepatic inflammationRinke Stienstra
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 148:2753-63. 2007..The transcription factor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) has been shown to have a strong antiinflammatory action in liver...
- Lipin 1 is an inducible amplifier of the hepatic PGC-1alpha/PPARalpha regulatory pathwayBrian N Finck
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell Metab 4:199-210. 2006..Lipin activates mitochondrial fatty acid oxidative metabolism by inducing expression of the nuclear receptor PPARalpha, a known PGC-1alpha target, and via direct physical interactions with PPARalpha and PGC-1alpha...
- MLDP, a novel PAT family protein localized to lipid droplets and enriched in the heart, is regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alphaTomohiro Yamaguchi
Graduate School of Life Science, University of Hyogo, 3 2 1 Koto, Kamigori, Hyogo, 678 1297, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:14232-40. 2006..was found to be up-regulated at both mRNA and protein levels in the heart and liver by a selective ligand for PPARalpha, Wy14,643, but not in PPARalpha knock-out mice...
- Distinct transcriptional regulation of long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase isoforms and cytosolic thioesterase 1 in the rodent heart by fatty acids and insulinDavid J Durgan
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H2480-97. 2006..for these transcriptional changes uncovered roles for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) and insulin as regulators of specific acsl isoforms and cte1 in the heart. Culturing ARCs with oleate (0.1-0...
- AMPK activation increases fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle by activating PPARalpha and PGC-1Woo Je Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:291-5. 2006..show that AMPK activation by 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleoside (AICAR) increases mRNA expression of PPARalpha target genes and PGC-1 in cultured muscle cells and mouse skeletal muscle, and that inhibition of PPARalpha and ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha mediates the effects of high-fat diet on hepatic gene expressionDavid Patsouris
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 147:1508-16. 2006..The PPARalpha isotype is abundant in liver and activated by fasting...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha activation as a mechanism of preventive neuroprotection induced by chronic fenofibrate treatmentDominique Deplanque
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Universite de Lille 2, Faculté deMédecine, Lille, 59045 France
J Neurosci 23:6264-71. 2003..Here, we show that a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR-alpha) activator, fenofibrate, protects against cerebral injury by anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory mechanisms...
- Dexamethasone induction of hypertension and diabetes is PPAR-alpha dependent in LDL receptor-null miceCarlos Bernal-Mizrachi
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110 USA
Nat Med 9:1069-75. 2003..PPAR-alpha) mediates these sequelae, mice deficient in low-density lipoprotein receptor (Ldlr-/-), with (Ppara+/+) or without (Ppara-/-) PPAR-alpha, were treated chronically with dexamethasone...
- Reduced hepatic fatty acid oxidation in fasting PPARalpha null mice is due to impaired mitochondrial hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA synthase gene expressionC Le May
Endocrinologie Métabolisme et Développement, UPR 1524 CNRS, Meudon, France
FEBS Lett 475:163-6. 2000..has been measured in hepatocytes isolated from 24 h starved peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) null and wild-type mice...
- Nuclear receptor binding factor-1 (NRBF-1), a protein interacting with a wide spectrum of nuclear hormone receptorsN Masuda
Department of Life Science, Himeji Institute of Technology, Kamigori, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
Gene 221:225-33. 1998..receptor (PPAR), a rat liver cDNA library was screened by a yeast two-hybrid system, using the mouse PPARalpha as a bait...
- Topical peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-alpha activators reduce inflammation in irritant and allergic contact dermatitis modelsMary Y Sheu
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
J Invest Dermatol 118:94-101. 2002....
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha-isoform deficiency leads to progressive dyslipidemia with sexually dimorphic obesity and steatosisP Costet
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie et Toxicologie, INRA, BP 3, 31931 Toulouse, Cedex 09 France
J Biol Chem 273:29577-85. 1998The alpha-isoform of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPARalpha) is a nuclear transcription factor activated by structurally diverse chemicals referred to as peroxisome proliferators...
- PPAR-alpha-null mice are protected from high-fat diet-induced insulin resistanceM Guerre-Millo
Unit 465, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Paris, France
Diabetes 50:2809-14. 2001Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha controls the expression of genes involved in lipid metabolism...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha regulates lipid homeostasis, but is not associated with obesity: studies with congenic mouse linesT E Akiyama
Laboratory of Metabolism, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 276:39088-93. 2001Considerable controversy exists in determining the role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) in obesity...
- PPARalpha deficiency reduces insulin resistance and atherosclerosis in apoE-null miceK Tordjman
Department of Medicine and the Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 107:1025-34. 2001b>PPARalpha is a ligand-dependent transcription factor expressed at high levels in the liver...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha activation modulates cellular redox status, represses nuclear factor-kappaB signaling, and reduces inflammatory cytokine production in agingM E Poynter
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 273:32833-41. 1998..aged mice of agents capable of activating the alpha isoform of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPARalpha) was found to restore the cellular redox balance, evidenced by a lowering of tissue lipid peroxidation, an ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha is not rate-limiting for the lipoprotein-lowering action of fish oilJ Dallongeville
Departement d Atherosclerose, INSERM U 508, and INSERM U 325, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 59019 Lille, France
J Biol Chem 276:4634-9. 2001..fatty acids contained in fish oil are activators of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha)...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha-null mice lack resistance to acetaminophen hepatotoxicity following clofibrate exposureC Chen
Toxicology Program, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Department of Pathobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 2092, USA
Toxicol Sci 57:338-44. 2000The purpose of this study was to investigate whether activation of the nuclear receptor PPARalpha is needed for protection from acetaminophen (APAP) hepatotoxicity produced by repeated administration of the peroxisome proliferator ..
- Constitutive regulation of cardiac fatty acid metabolism through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha associated with age-dependent cardiac toxicityK Watanabe
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Niigata College of Pharmacy, Niigata, Niigata 950 2081, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:22293-9. 2000The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily and mediates the biological effects of peroxisome proliferators...
- Central role of PPARalpha in the mechanism of action of hepatocarcinogenic peroxisome proliferatorsJ C Corton
Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology CIIT, P O Box 12137, 6 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2137, USA
Mutat Res 448:139-51. 2000..In this review, we discuss the evidence that PPARalpha, the predominant PPAR in the, liver is involved in the growth promoting and hepatocarcinogenic effects of PP.
- Fatty acid homeostasis and induction of lipid regulatory genes in skeletal muscles of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) alpha knock-out mice. Evidence for compensatory regulation by PPAR deltaDeborah M Muoio
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 277:26089-97. 2002..In the present study we used PPAR alpha knockout (KO) mice to determine whether this transcription factor is essential for regulating fuel metabolism in ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha negatively regulates T-bet transcription through suppression of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activationDallas C Jones
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Immunol 171:196-203. 2003Expression of the nuclear hormone receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) in resting lymphocytes was recently established, although the physiologic role(s) played by this nuclear hormone receptor in these ..
- Altered constitutive expression of fatty acid-metabolizing enzymes in mice lacking the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha)T Aoyama
Department of Biochemistry, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Nagano 390, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:5678-84. 1998Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is a member of the steroid/nuclear receptor superfamily and mediates the biological and toxicological effects of peroxisome proliferators...
- Targeted disruption of the alpha isoform of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gene in mice results in abolishment of the pleiotropic effects of peroxisome proliferatorsS S Lee
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:3012-22. 1995To gain insight into the function of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) isoforms in rodents, we disrupted the ligand-binding domain of the alpha isoform of mouse PPAR (mPPAR alpha) by homologous recombination...
- Differential expression and activation of a family of murine peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorsS A Kliewer
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:7355-9. 1994..of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) isoforms in mammals, we have cloned and characterized two PPAR alpha-related cDNAs (designated PPAR gamma and -delta, respectively) from mouse...
- Nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is expressed in resting murine lymphocytes. The PPARalpha in T and B lymphocytes is both transactivation and transrepression competentDallas C Jones
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 277:6838-45. 2002..b>PPARalpha and PPARgamma ligands have been demonstrated to exert anti-inflammatory activities in macrophages by repressing ..
- A gender-related defect in lipid metabolism and glucose homeostasis in peroxisome proliferator- activated receptor alpha- deficient miceF Djouadi
INSERM U319, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 102:1083-91. 1998The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is a nuclear receptor implicated in the control of cellular lipid utilization...
- Hepatic expression of PPARalpha, a molecular target of fibrates, is regulated during inflammation in a gender-specific mannerE Shyong Tai
Department of Endocrinology, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
FEBS Lett 546:237-40. 2003..Here we show that hepatic expression of Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), a nuclear receptor that regulates lipid metabolism and inflammation, is regulated in a gender-specific manner ..
- PPAR alpha is necessary for the lipopenic action of hyperleptinemia on white adipose and liver tissueY Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11848-53. 2002..PPAR)alpha expression, which was increased during the rapid loss of fat, we infused adenovirus-leptin into PPAR alpha(-/-) and PPAR alpha(+/+) mice...
- Characterization of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha--independent effects of PPARalpha activators in the rodent liver: di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate also activates the constitutive-activated receptorHongzu Ren
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Lab Toxicogenomics Core, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 113:45-59. 2010..indicate that the plasticizer di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) increased the incidence of liver tumors in PPARalpha-null mice...
- Regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha expression during lung inflammationJulien Becker
EA3771 Inflammation et environnement dans l asthme, Faculte de Pharmacie, Université Louis Pasteur Strasbourg I, 74 route du Rhin, BP 60024, 67401 Illkirch, France
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 21:324-30. 2008Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) is implicated in the control of airway inflammation. However, little is known so far about PPARalpha expression and regulation in the lung...
- Macrophage expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha reduces atherosclerosis in low-density lipoprotein receptor-deficient miceVladimir R Babaev
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Circulation 116:1404-12. 2007The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) plays important roles in lipid metabolism, inflammation, and atherosclerosis. PPARalpha ligands have been shown to reduce cardiovascular events in high-risk subjects...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha coordinates a transcription factor network regulating hepatic fatty acid metabolismCelia Pilar Martinez-Jimenez
Biomedical Sciences Research Center Alexander Fleming, 16672 Vari, Greece
Mol Cell Biol 30:565-77. 2010..fed animals, together with HNF4alpha, maintains PPARgamma expression at low levels and represses several PPARalpha-regulated genes...
- PPARgamma agonist rosiglitazone is neuroprotective after traumatic brain injury via anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative mechanismsJae Hyuk Yi
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin, K4 8 Mail code CSC 8660, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Brain Res 1244:164-72. 2008Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-gamma is a ligand-activated transcription factor of nuclear hormone receptor superfamily...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha regulates a microRNA-mediated signaling cascade responsible for hepatocellular proliferationYatrik M Shah
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4238-47. 2007Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) leads to hepatocellular proliferation and liver carcinomas. The early events mediating these effects are unknown...
- Suppression of mouse hepatocyte apoptosis by peroxisome proliferators: role of PPARalpha and TNFalphaS C Hasmall
AstraZeneca Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
Mutat Res 448:193-200. 2000..mouse hepatocytes isolated from PPARalpha null mice, we have examined the role of the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) in mediating the suppression of apoptosis caused by PPs...
- PPARalpha/gamma expression and activity in mouse and human melanocytes and melanoma cellsLinda L Eastham
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia 25755, USA
Pharm Res 25:1327-33. 2008We examined the expression of PPARs and the effects of PPARalpha and PPARgamma agonists on growth of mouse and human melanocytes and melanoma cells.
- Alterations in carbohydrate metabolism and its regulation in PPARalpha null mouse heartsRoselle Gélinas
Montreal Heart Inst Research Center, 5350, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H1T 1C8
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H1571-80. 2008..of CHOs for energy production and anaplerosis in 12-wk-old peroxisome proliferator-activating receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) null mice (a model of FA beta-oxidation defects)...
- Dominant-negative loss of PPARgamma function enhances smooth muscle cell proliferation, migration, and vascular remodelingDane Meredith
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:465-71. 2009..In this study, we used a genetic approach to disrupt PPARgamma signaling to probe the protein's role in smooth muscle cell (SMC) responses that are important for atherosclerosis...
- Critical role of PPAR-alpha in perfluorooctanoic acid- and perfluorodecanoic acid-induced downregulation of Oatp uptake transporters in mouse liversXingguo Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:37-45. 2008..and to determine the underlying regulatory mechanisms by using peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR-alpha), constitutive androstane receptor, pregnane-X receptor, NF-E2-related factor 2, and farnesoid X receptor-..
- Perfluorocarboxylic acids induce cytochrome P450 enzymes in mouse liver through activation of PPAR-alpha and CAR transcription factorsXingguo Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:29-36. 2008..androstane receptor (CAR)-, pregnane-X receptor (PXR)-, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR)-alpha-, and farnesoid X receptor-null mouse models, PPAR-alpha and CAR were shown to play central roles in the ..
- Glucose deprivation, oxidative stress and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARA) cause peroxisome proliferation in preimplantation mouse embryosSarah Jansen
School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Reproduction 138:493-505. 2009..be involved and influenced by peroxisome proliferators such as peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARA). PCR confirmed Ppara mRNA expression in mouse embryos...
- Colfibrate attenuates blood pressure and sodium retention in DOCA-salt hypertensionYiqiang Zhou
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Kidney Int 74:1040-8. 2008Clofibrate, a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR alpha) agonist, increases renal tubular cytochrome P450 4a (Cyp4a) expression thereby increasing 20-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid (20-HETE) production...
- Regulation of blood pressure, natriuresis and renal thiazide/amiloride sensitivity in PPARalpha null micePatience Obih
College of Pharmacy, Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Blood Press 17:55-63. 2008This study evaluated the role of PPARalpha in renal function and whether PPARalpha knockout (KO) mice are hypertensive or salt-sensitive...
- Cholesterol-lowering effect of bezafibrate is independent of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor activation in miceTakero Nakajima
Department of Metabolic Regulation, Institute on Aging and Adaptation, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 76:108-19. 2008..However, in addition to uncertainty about the contribution of PPAR alpha to its effect, there is a marked discrepancy in bezafibrate dosages used in previous rodent experiments (> or = ..
- Coordinate induction of PPAR alpha and SREBP2 in multifunctional protein 2 deficient miceKatrin Martens
Laboratory of Cell Metabolism, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Biochim Biophys Acta 1781:694-702. 2008..Gene expression profiling performed on liver of 2-day-old pups revealed up-regulation of PPAR alpha responsive genes in knockout mice...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors alpha and gamma are activated by indomethacin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugsJ M Lehmann
Department of Molecular Endocrinology, Glaxo Wellcome Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 272:3406-10. 1997..Finally, we show that the same NSAIDs that activate PPARgamma are also efficacious activators of PPARalpha, a liver-enriched PPAR subtype that plays a key role in peroxisome proliferation...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha controls the hepatic CYP4A induction adaptive response to starvation and diabetesD L Kroetz
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 273:31581-9. 1998..by peroxisome proliferators is mediated through the nuclear peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha)...
- Peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha/gamma dual agonist tesaglitazar attenuates diabetic nephropathy in db/db miceDae Ryong Cha
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2372, USA
Diabetes 56:2036-45. 2007..Both PPARalpha and -gamma are expressed in the kidney, and their agonists exhibit renoprotective effects in type 2 diabetes...
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa and sPLA2 IB stimulate ABCA1-mediated phospholipid efflux via ERK-activation of PPARalpha-RXRMarianna Agassandian
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Biochem J 403:409-20. 2007..Ps. aeruginosa and sPLA2 IB induced the heterodimeric receptors, PPARa (peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-a) and RXR (retinoid X receptor), factors known to modulate ABCA1 gene ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha protects against glomerulonephritis induced by long-term exposure to the plasticizer di-(2-ethylhexyl)phthalateYuji Kamijo
Department of Metabolic Regulation, Institute on Aging and Adaptation, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto, 390 8621, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:176-88. 2007..DEHP toxicity is thought to involve peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), but this contention remains controversial...
- PPARalpha-dependent induction of liver microsomal esterification of estradiol and testosterone by a prototypical peroxisome proliferatorS Xu
Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Chemical Biology, College of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Endocrinology 142:3554-7. 2001..To explore the role of PPARalpha in the induction of fatty acyl-coenzyme A:estradiol acyltransferase and fatty acyl-coenzyme A:testosterone ..
- Enhancement of insulin signaling through inhibition of tissue lipid accumulation by activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) alpha in obese miceTomohiro Ide
Discovery Research Laboratories, Kyorin Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tochigi, Japan
Med Sci Monit 10:BR388-95. 2004The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of PPARalpha activation on insulin signaling and lipid accumulation in the liver and skeletal muscle of insulin-resistant (ob/ob) mice.
- Evidence that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha is complexed with the 90-kDa heat shock protein and the hepatitis virus B X-associated protein 2Wasana K Sumanasekera
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Biol Chem 278:4467-73. 2003The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) is a ligand-inducible transcription factor, which belongs to the nuclear receptor superfamily...
- Responses of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF-binding proteins to nutritional status in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha knockout miceM S Lewitt
Rolf Luft Center for Diabetes Research, Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Growth Horm IGF Res 11:303-13. 2001Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) plays a central role in glucose and lipid homeostasis. Mice lacking PPARalpha(-/-) have a sexually dimorphic phenotype...
- Selective intranuclear redistribution of PPAR isoforms by RXR alphaTaro E Akiyama
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:707-21. 2002..localization of transcriptionally active green fluorescent protein (GFP) chimeras linked to PPARs for human PPAR alpha (GFP-PPARh alpha) and mouse PPAR alpha, beta, and gamma 1 (GFP-PPARm alpha, GFP-PPARm beta, and GFP-PPARm gamma, ..
- The functional efficiency of lipogenic and cholesterogenic gene expression in normal mice and in mice lacking the peroxisomal proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha)Geoffrey F Gibbons
Metabolic Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, Radcliffe Infirmary, Woodstock Road, UK
Adv Enzyme Regul 42:227-47. 2002
- Gender difference in the leptin response to feeding in peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-alpha knockout miceM S Lewitt
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:1296-300. 2002Peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) has a central role in lipid metabolism. Mice lacking PPARalpha accumulate hepatic fat and are prone to late onset obesity...
- PPARalpha deficiency does not modify age dependency but prevents high fat diet increase in plasma PAI-1 as well as insulin resistanceAlenka Mavri
Thromb Haemost 91:1051-2. 2004
- A critical role for PPARalpha-mediated lipotoxicity in the pathogenesis of diabetic cardiomyopathy: modulation by dietary fat contentBrian N Finck
Department of Medicine, Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1226-31. 2003To explore the role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha)-mediated derangements in myocardial metabolism in the pathogenesis of diabetic cardiomyopathy, insulinopenic mice with PPARalpha deficiency (PPARalpha(-/-..
- Modulation of PPARalpha expression and inflammatory interleukin-6 production by chronic glucose increases monocyte/endothelial adhesionSuseela Srinivasan
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:851-7. 2004..5 mmol/L). In this study, we explored mechanisms that contribute to increased monocyte adhesion by elevated glucose...
- Lipolysis of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins generates PPAR ligands: evidence for an antiinflammatory role for lipoprotein lipaseOuliana Ziouzenkova
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2730-5. 2003..In fact, these LPL effects on VCAM1 were absent in endothelial cells isolated from PPAR alpha-deficient mice. This finding suggests a novel antiinflammatory role for LPL...
- Role of redox imbalance in the molecular mechanisms responsible for immunosenescenceRaymond A Daynes
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2501, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 5:537-48. 2003..Recently, the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) has been evaluated for its effects on inflammatory and adaptive immune processes...
- Suppression of expression of muscle-associated proteins by PPARalpha in brown adipose tissueYuhong Tong
Department of Metabolic Regulation, Institute on Aging and Adaptation, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto, Nagano 390 8621, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 336:76-83. 2005Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) belongs to the steroid/nuclear receptor superfamily...
- Ginsenoside Rf, a component of ginseng, regulates lipoprotein metabolism through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alphaHyunghee Lee
Department of Life Sciences, Mokwon University, Taejon 302 729, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 339:196-203. 2006..whether ginseng regulates lipoprotein metabolism by altering peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha)-mediated pathways, using a PPARalpha-null mouse model...
- A mutant thyroid hormone receptor alpha antagonizes peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha signaling in vivo and impairs fatty acid oxidationYan Yun Liu
Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Endocrinology 148:1206-17. 2007..to investigate the influence of the TRalpha P398H mutant on peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) signaling...
- Stimulation of PPARalpha promotes epidermal keratinocyte differentiation in vivoL G Kömüves
Departments of Dermatology, Medicine, and Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
J Invest Dermatol 115:353-60. 2000Our recent studies have demonstrated that PPARalpha activators stimulate differentiation and inhibit proliferation in cultured human keratinocytes and accelerate epidermal development and permeability barrier formation in fetal rat skin ..
- Blimp1 defines a progenitor population that governs cellular input to the sebaceous glandValerie Horsley
Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 126:597-609. 2006....
- Modulation of AhR-dependent signaling by PPARb/dJeffrey M Peters; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have discovered that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor- (PPAR-also referred to as PPAR) may also alter AhR-dependent signaling by modulating cytochrome P450 (CYP) expression...
- Modulation of skin cancer by PPARBeta/deltaJeffrey Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007..The second specific aim will test the hypothesis that PPAR?/d-dependent up-regulation of ubiquitin C expression will attenuate skin carcinogenesis...
- Role of the PPARb in epithelial cell proliferationJeffrey Peters; Fiscal Year: 2004..Despite numerous roles elucidated for the PPARa and PPARy that contribute to diseases including hyperlipidemias, atherosclerosis, obesity, diabetes and cancer, ..
- Transcriptional regulation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon metabolismJeffrey M Peters; Fiscal Year: 2011..Emerging evidence indicates that PPAR?/? may modulate AHR activity in skin/keratinocytes, and that this interaction will significantly alter the balance ..
- Role of PPARbeta in colon carcinogenesisJeffrey Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007..identified as a member of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs) in 1994, specific roles for the PPAR-beta (also referred to as PPAR-delta) have remained elusive, Recent data suggests that the PPAR-beta may be ..
- Modulation of AhR-dependent signaling by PPARb/dJeffrey Peters; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have discovered that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor- (PPAR-also referred to as PPAR) may also alter AhR-dependent signaling by modulating cytochrome P450 (CYP) expression...
- Modulation of liver cancer by PPARbeta/deltaJeffrey M Peters; Fiscal Year: 2010..that direct transcriptional up-regulation of target genes by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-/ (PPAR/) can modulate cellular homeostasis...
- Transcriptional regulation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon metabolismJeffrey M Peters; Fiscal Year: 2010..Emerging evidence indicates that PPAR?/? may modulate AHR activity in skin/keratinocytes, and that this interaction will significantly alter the balance ..
- Modulation of skin cancer by PPARBeta/deltaJeffrey M Peters; Fiscal Year: 2010..The second specific aim will test the hypothesis that PPAR?/d-dependent up-regulation of ubiquitin C expression will attenuate skin carcinogenesis...
- Involvement of Myeloperoxidase in AtherosclerosisWanda Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will reveal if MPO-generated oxidants promote atherosclerosis in mouse models, thereby humanizing existing mouse models, and enabling investigations of the role of MPO-mediated oxidation in atherosclerosis. ..
- Transcriptional Coactivators in Liver FunctionJanardan Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2007Members of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor subfamily (PPARalpha, PPARgamma, and PPARdelta) play a central role in lipid metabolism/energy homeostasis, adipocyte differentiation, and cancer...
- Analysis of lipolytic trafficking in adipocytesJAMES GRANNEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Role of BMPs in Adipogenesis, Mitochondrial Function and Energy HomeostasisYu Hua Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will increase our understanding of adipocyte differentiation, energy balance, and BMP actions, and may help to develop potential therapeutic approaches for obesity and related diseases. ..
- Mechanisms linking the adipogenic phenotype of aging muscle to insulin resistanceDeborah M Muoio; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Transcriptional Coactivators in Liver FunctionJanardan K Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2010..identified a number of nuclear receptor coactivators for members of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) subfamily...
- HEPATOCYTE DIFFERENTIATION IN PANCREASJanardan Reddy; Fiscal Year: 1993..We anticipate that the highly reproducible and clearly characterized model of pancreatic hepatocyte differentiation will most likely yield information of a fundamental nature regarding cell commitment and differentiation...
- HTS for Novel Activators of Adipocyte and Myocyte LipolysisJAMES GRANNEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our long term goal is to identify lead compounds that will reduce lipid accumulation specifically in fat and muscle and thus would be potential novel treatments of obesity-related disorders including diabetes and cardiovascular disease. ..
- Ketone Dysregulation and Muscle Insulin ResistanceDEBORAH MUOIO; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of BMPs on Brown Adipogenesis and ThermogenesisYu Hua Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- BIOLOGICAL STUDIES WITH PEROXISOME PROLIFERATORSJanardan Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2000..4) Evaluate the functional role of rat deoxyuridine triphosphatase (dUTPase), which interacts with and inhibits PPARalpha:, and determine whether the extra 62 N- terminal amino acid PPARalpha-interacting portion present in rat dUTPase,..
- IDENTIFICATION OF LIVER STEM CELLS IN PANCREASJanardan Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Acute Ethanol-Induced Innate Immune Response in LiverMichael Wheeler; Fiscal Year: 2005..The aims below will use gene delivery techniques and knockout mouse technology to address these critical questions related to roles of LPS, PI3 kinase activation, and CD14 expression in both acute ethanol and chronic ethanol toxicity. ..
- BIOLOGICAL STUDIES WITH PEROXISOME PROLIFERATORSJanardan Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2004..These agents activate peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), a nuclear receptor, and sustained induction of PPARalpha-mediated peroxisome proliferation and other metabolic ..
- Molecular Aspects of ImplantationHyunjung Lim; Fiscal Year: 2004..Among the three isoforms of PPAR, PPARalpha and PPARgamma are implicated in adipocyte differentiation, fatty acid metabolism, or terminal differentiation of ..
- ROLE OF INSULIN AND IGF-1 ON BROWN ADIPOCYTESYu Hua Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accomplishment of the proposed studies will further our understanding on hormonal controls of metabolism and survival of brown adipocytes. ..