Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Poll
Description: polymerase (DNA directed), lambda
Alias: 1110003P06Rik, AV007317, DNA polymerase lambda, pol Lambda
- Vogel P, Read R, Hansen G, Freay L, Zambrowicz B, Sands A. Situs inversus in Dpcd/Poll-/-, Nme7-/- , and Pkd1l1-/- mice. Vet Pathol. 2010;47:120-31 pubmed publisher..In addition to having SI, Dpcd/Poll(-/-) mice (for: deleted in a mouse model of primary ciliary dyskinesia) and Nme7(-/-) mice (for: nonmetastatic ..
- Garcia Diaz M, Dominguez O, López Fernández L, de Lera L, Saníger M, Ruiz J, et al. DNA polymerase lambda (Pol lambda), a novel eukaryotic DNA polymerase with a potential role in meiosis. J Mol Biol. 2000;301:851-67 pubmedA new gene (POLL) encoding a novel DNA polymerase (Pol lambda) has been identified at mouse chromosome 19...
- Kanagaraj R, Parasuraman P, Mihaljevic B, van Loon B, Burdova K, König C, et al. Involvement of Werner syndrome protein in MUTYH-mediated repair of oxidative DNA damage. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8449-59 pubmed..Our results suggest that WRN promotes long-patch DNA repair synthesis by Pol? during MUTYH-initiated repair of 8-oxo-G:A mispairs. ..
- Garcia Diaz M, Murray M, Kunkel T, Chou K. Interaction between DNA Polymerase lambda and anticancer nucleoside analogs. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16874-9 pubmed publisher..their incorporation into DNA at atomic level resolution, we present crystal structures of human DNA polymerase lambda (Pol lambda) bound to gapped DNA and containing either AraC or dFdC paired opposite template dG...
- Marinić M, Aktas T, Ruf S, Spitz F. An integrated holo-enhancer unit defines tissue and gene specificity of the Fgf8 regulatory landscape. Dev Cell. 2013;24:530-42 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications of such regulatory systems regarding the evolution of gene expression and the impact of human genomic structural variations. ..
- Parlanti E, Pascucci B, Terrados G, Blanco L, Dogliotti E. Aphidicolin-resistant and -sensitive base excision repair in wild-type and DNA polymerase beta-defective mouse cells. DNA Repair (Amst). 2004;3:703-10 pubmed..We present evidence that short-patch repair synthesis occurs even in the absence of both Pol beta and replicative Pols. Exogeneously added purified human Pol lambda was unable to stimulate this back-up synthesis.
- Velasco Miguel S, Richardson J, Gerlach V, Lai W, Gao T, Russell L, et al. Constitutive and regulated expression of the mouse Dinb (Polkappa) gene encoding DNA polymerase kappa. DNA Repair (Amst). 2003;2:91-106 pubmed..The mouse (but not the human) Polkappa gene is primarily regulated by the p53 gene and is upregulated in response to exposure to various DNA-damaging agents in a p53-dependent manner. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Watanabe M, Okada Y, Sawa H, Takai H, Nakanishi M, et al. Hydrocephalus, situs inversus, chronic sinusitis, and male infertility in DNA polymerase lambda-deficient mice: possible implication for the pathogenesis of immotile cilia syndrome. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2769-76 pubmed..b>DNA polymerase lambda (Pol lambda; also known as Pol beta2) has recently been identified as a member of the X family of DNA ..
- Aoufouchi S, Flatter E, Dahan A, Faili A, Bertocci B, Storck S, et al. Two novel human and mouse DNA polymerases of the polX family. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:3684-93 pubmedWe describe here two novel mouse and human DNA polymerases: one (pol lambda) has homology with DNA polymerase beta while the other one (pol mu) is closer to terminal deoxynucleotidyltransferase...
- Markkanen E, van Loon B, Ferrari E, Parsons J, Dianov G, Hubscher U. Regulation of oxidative DNA damage repair by DNA polymerase ? and MutYH by cross-talk of phosphorylation and ubiquitination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:437-42 pubmed publisher..Finally, MutYH appears to promote the stability of Pol ? by binding it to chromatin. In contrast, Pol ? not engaged in active repair on chromatin is subject for proteasomal degradation. ..
- Belousova E, Lavrik O. DNA polymerases Î² and Î» and their roles in cell. DNA Repair (Amst). 2015;29:112-26 pubmed publisher..In this review we discussed the biochemical properties and functional relevance of X family DNA polymerases Î² and Î». ..
- Zariwala M, O Neal W, Noone P, Leigh M, Knowles M, Ostrowski L. Investigation of the possible role of a novel gene, DPCD, in primary ciliary dyskinesia. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004;30:428-34 pubmed..Recently, deletion of DNA polymerase lambda (Poll) in mice produced a phenotype characteristic of PCD (Kobayashi et al., 2002, Mol. Cell. Biol...
- Maga G, Crespan E, Markkanen E, Imhof R, Furrer A, Villani G, et al. DNA polymerase ?-interacting protein 2 is a processivity factor for DNA polymerase ? during 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine bypass. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:18850-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, PolDIP2 silencing increases cell sensitivity to oxidative stress and its effect is further potentiated in a Pol ? deficient background, suggesting that PolDIP2 is an important mediator for TLS. ..