Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Poli
Description: polymerase (DNA directed), iota
Alias: Rad30b, DNA polymerase iota, RAD30 homolog B
- Burschowsky D, Rudolf F, Rabut G, Herrmann T, Peter M, Matthias P, et al. Structural analysis of the conserved ubiquitin-binding motifs (UBMs) of the translesion polymerase iota in complex with ubiquitin. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1364-73 pubmed publisher..Indeed, yeast cells expressing ubiquitin mutants specifically defective for UBM binding are viable but sensitive to DNA damaging conditions that require TLS for repair. ..
- Velasco Miguel S, Richardson J, Gerlach V, Lai W, Gao T, Russell L, et al. Constitutive and regulated expression of the mouse Dinb (Polkappa) gene encoding DNA polymerase kappa. DNA Repair (Amst). 2003;2:91-106 pubmed..The mouse (but not the human) Polkappa gene is primarily regulated by the p53 gene and is upregulated in response to exposure to various DNA-damaging agents in a p53-dependent manner. ..
- Frank E, McDonald J, Yang W, Woodgate R. Mouse DNA polymerase Î¹ lacking the forty-two amino acids encoded by exon-2 is catalytically inactive in vitro. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;50:71-76 pubmed publisher..2003, we reported that 129-derived strains of mice carry a naturally occurring nonsense mutation at codon 27 of the Poli gene that would produce a polÎ¹ peptide of just 26 amino acids, rather then the full-length 717 amino acid wild-..
- Suzuki N, Hiraki M, Yamada Y, Matsugaki N, Igarashi N, Kato R, et al. Crystallization of small proteins assisted by green fluorescent protein. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2010;66:1059-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is likely that GFP can assist in the crystallization of small proteins and of protein domains in general. ..
- Ohkumo T, Kondo Y, Yokoi M, Tsukamoto T, Yamada A, Sugimoto T, et al. UV-B radiation induces epithelial tumors in mice lacking DNA polymerase eta and mesenchymal tumors in mice deficient for DNA polymerase iota. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7696-706 pubmed..Another translesion synthesis polymerase, Pol iota, a Pol eta paralog encoded by the Poli gene, is naturally deficient in the 129 mouse strain, and the function of Pol iota is enigmatic...
- Delbos F, De Smet A, Faili A, Aoufouchi S, Weill J, Reynaud C. Contribution of DNA polymerase eta to immunoglobulin gene hypermutation in the mouse. J Exp Med. 2005;201:1191-6 pubmed..Breeding these mice with animals harboring the stop codon mutation of the 129/Olain background in their DNA polymerase iota gene did not alter this pattern further...
- Shimizu T, Azuma T, Ishiguro M, Kanjo N, Yamada S, Ohmori H. Normal immunoglobulin gene somatic hypermutation in Pol kappa-Pol iota double-deficient mice. Immunol Lett. 2005;98:259-64 pubmed..We found that the double-deficient mice had the normal SHM frequency and profile, rendering them indistinguishable from Polkappa-deficient mice and thus conclude that Poliota and Polkappa are dispensable for SHM in mice. ..
- Wang M, Wang Y, You M, Devereux T. Analysis of the Par2 modifier of pulmonary adenoma formation in mice. Exp Lung Res. 2005;31:193-204 pubmed..The authors recently conducted studies to positionally clone the Par2 gene. This review summarizes the effort and progress towards the identification of Par2 candidates. ..
- Guo C, Fischhaber P, Luk Paszyc M, Masuda Y, Zhou J, Kamiya K, et al. Mouse Rev1 protein interacts with multiple DNA polymerases involved in translesion DNA synthesis. EMBO J. 2003;22:6621-30 pubmed..Our observations suggest that Rev1 plays a role(s) in mediating protein-protein interactions among DNA polymerases required for TLS. The precise function(s) of these interactions during TLS remains to be determined. ..
- Kazakov A, Grishina E, Tarantul V, Gening L. Effect of human cell malignancy on activity of DNA polymerase iota. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2010;75:905-11 pubmed..To clarify the possible role of incorrect DNA polymerase iota (Pol iota) function in increased frequency of mutations in mammalian cells, the activity of this enzyme in ..
- Bienko M, Green C, Crosetto N, Rudolf F, Zapart G, Coull B, et al. Ubiquitin-binding domains in Y-family polymerases regulate translesion synthesis. Science. 2005;310:1821-4 pubmed..Our results indicate that Ub-binding domains of Y-family polymerases play crucial regulatory roles in TLS...
- Kazachenko K, Miropolskaya N, Gening L, Tarantul V, Makarova A. Alternative splicing at exon 2 results in the loss of the catalytic activity of mouse DNA polymerase iota in vitro. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;50:77-82 pubmed publisherY-family DNA polymerase iota (Pol ?) possesses both DNA polymerase and dRP lyase activities and was suggested to be involved in DNA translesion synthesis and base excision repair in mammals...