Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pMesogenin1
Description: mesogenin 1
Alias: Msgn, pMsgn1, mesogenin-1, pMesogenin1, paraxial mesoderm-specific expression and regulatory capacities, paraxial mesoderm-specific mesogenin1
- Chal J, Oginuma M, Al Tanoury Z, Gobert B, Sumara O, Hick A, et al. Differentiation of pluripotent stem cells to muscle fiber to model Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Nat Biotechnol. 2015;33:962-9 pubmed publisher..Fibers derived from ES cells of mdx mice exhibit an abnormal branched phenotype resembling that described in vivo, thus providing an attractive model to study the origin of the pathological defects associated with DMD. ..
- Chalamalasetty R, Garriock R, Dunty W, Kennedy M, Jailwala P, Si H, et al. Mesogenin 1 is a master regulator of paraxial presomitic mesoderm differentiation. Development. 2014;141:4285-97 pubmed publisher..The Wnt-regulated basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor mesogenin 1 (Msgn1) has been implicated as a cooperative regulator working in concert with T-box genes to control PSM ..
- Chalamalasetty R, Dunty W, Biris K, Ajima R, Iacovino M, Beisaw A, et al. The Wnt3a/Î²-catenin target gene Mesogenin1 controls the segmentation clock by activating a Notch signalling program. Nat Commun. 2011;2:390 pubmed publisher..Msgn1 also indirectly regulates cyclic genes in the Fgf and Wnt pathways. Thus, Msgn1 is a central component of a transcriptional cascade that translates a spatial Wnt3a gradient into a temporal pattern of clock gene expression. ..
- Aulehla A, Wiegraebe W, Baubet V, Wahl M, Deng C, Taketo M, et al. A beta-catenin gradient links the clock and wavefront systems in mouse embryo segmentation. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:186-93 pubmed..This gradient of nuclear beta-catenin defines the size of the oscillatory field and controls key aspects of PSM maturation and segment formation, emphasizing the central role of Wnt signalling in this process. ..
- Kume T, Jiang H, Topczewska J, Hogan B. The murine winged helix transcription factors, Foxc1 and Foxc2, are both required for cardiovascular development and somitogenesis. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2470-82 pubmed..We propose that the two genes interact with the Notch signaling pathway and are required for the prepatterning of anterior and posterior domains in the presumptive somites through a putative Notch/Delta/Mesp regulatory loop. ..
- Bryja V, Andersson E, Schambony A, Esner M, Bryjova L, Biris K, et al. The extracellular domain of Lrp5/6 inhibits noncanonical Wnt signaling in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:924-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide evidence that the extracellular domains of Lrp5/6 behave as physiologically relevant inhibitors of noncanonical Wnt signaling during Xenopus and mouse development in vivo. ..
- Wittler L, Shin E, Grote P, Kispert A, Beckers A, Gossler A, et al. Expression of Msgn1 in the presomitic mesoderm is controlled by synergism of WNT signalling and Tbx6. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:784-9 pubmed..Here, we show that the expression of mesogenin 1, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, which is essential for psm maturation, is regulated by ..
- Schmitz Rohmer D, Probst S, Yang Z, Laurent F, Stadler M, Zuniga A, et al. NDR Kinases Are Essential for Somitogenesis and Cardiac Looping during Mouse Embryonic Development. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136566 pubmed publisher..Ndr1/2-double null embryos show defects in somitogenesis and cardiac looping, which reveals their essential functions and shows that the NDR kinases are critically required during the early phase of organogenesis. ..
- Bessho Y, Sakata R, Komatsu S, Shiota K, Yamada S, Kageyama R. Dynamic expression and essential functions of Hes7 in somite segmentation. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2642-7 pubmed..These results indicate that Hes7 controls the cyclic expression of lunatic fringe and is essential for coordinated somite segmentation. ..