Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Plod2
Description: procollagen lysine, 2-oxoglutarate 5-dioxygenase 2
Alias: D530025C14Rik, LH2, Plod-2, procollagen-lysine,2-oxoglutarate 5-dioxygenase 2, lysyl hydroxylase 2
- Lu X, Borchers A, Jolicoeur C, Rayburn H, Baker J, Tessier Lavigne M. PTK7/CCK-4 is a novel regulator of planar cell polarity in vertebrates. Nature. 2004;430:93-8 pubmed..These results identify PTK7 as a novel regulator of PCP in vertebrates. ..
- Ruotsalainen H, Sipilä L, Vapola M, Sormunen R, Salo A, Uitto L, et al. Glycosylation catalyzed by lysyl hydroxylase 3 is essential for basement membranes. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:625-35 pubmed..Together our results demonstrate for the first time the importance of hydroxylysine-linked glycosylation for collagens. ..
- Salo A, Sipilä L, Sormunen R, Ruotsalainen H, Vainio S, Myllyla R. The lysyl hydroxylase isoforms are widely expressed during mouse embryogenesis, but obtain tissue- and cell-specific patterns in the adult. Matrix Biol. 2006;25:475-83 pubmedLysyl hydroxylase catalyzes the hydroxylation of lysine residues in collagenous sequences. Three isoforms (LH1, LH2 and LH3) of lysyl hydroxylase have been characterized, and LH2 is present as two alternatively spliced forms...
- Wang C, Risteli M, Heikkinen J, Hussa A, Uitto L, Myllyla R. Identification of amino acids important for the catalytic activity of the collagen glucosyltransferase associated with the multifunctional lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18568-73 pubmed..These amino acids were conserved in C. elegans LH and mammalian LH3, but not in LH1 or LH2, which lack GGT activity...
- Pornprasertsuk S, Duarte W, Mochida Y, Yamauchi M. Lysyl hydroxylase-2b directs collagen cross-linking pathways in MC3T3-E1 cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:1349-55 pubmed..Recently, we proposed that LH2 might modulate collagen cross-linking pattern through its action on Lys residues located in the telopeptide domains ..
- Rautavuoma K, Takaluoma K, Sormunen R, Myllyharju J, Kivirikko K, Soininen R. Premature aggregation of type IV collagen and early lethality in lysyl hydroxylase 3 null mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:14120-5 pubmed..We propose that the premature aggregation of collagen IV is due to the absence of the hydroxylysine-linked carbohydrates, which thus play an essential role in its supramolecular assembly. ..
- Remst D, Blaney Davidson E, Vitters E, Blom A, Stoop R, Snabel J, et al. Osteoarthritis-related fibrosis is associated with both elevated pyridinoline cross-link formation and lysyl hydroxylase 2b expression. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2013;21:157-64 pubmed publisher..Sections of murine knee joints injected with Ad-TGF-? or Ad-CTGF or from experimental OA were stained for lysyl hydroxylase 2 (LH2)...