Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Plaur
Description: plasminogen activator, urokinase receptor
Alias: Cd87, u-PAR, uPAR, urokinase plasminogen activator surface receptor, urokinase plasminogen activator receptor
Publications109 found, 100 shown here
- Generation and characterization of urokinase receptor-deficient miceM Dewerchin
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Vlaams Interuniversitair Institut voor Biotechnologie, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Invest 97:870-8. 1996..u-PAR-1- peritoneal macrophages had a threefold decreased initial rate of u-PA-mediated plasminogen activation in vitro but degraded extracellular matrix proteins in vitro as efficiently as u-PAR-1- macrophages...
- Haemostatic factors occupy new territory: the role of the urokinase receptor system and kininogen in inflammationT Chavakis
Institut fur Biochemie, Fachbereich Humanmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat, Friedrichstrasse 24, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Biochem Soc Trans 30:168-73. 2002..The direct and indirect contributions of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) system in inflammatory processes, as they relate to recruitment of leukocytes, define novel functions and could ..
- Metalloproteases cleave the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor in the D1-D2 linker region and expose epitopes not present in the intact soluble receptorAnnapaola Andolfo
Department of Molecular Pathology and Medicine, Molecular Genetics Unit, DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Thromb Haemost 88:298-306. 2002Proteolytic cleavage of the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPA(R)) prevents the binding of uPA and vitronectin while generating biologically active uPAR fragments...
- Genetic disruption of cortical interneuron development causes region- and GABA cell type-specific deficits, epilepsy, and behavioral dysfunctionElizabeth M Powell
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Neurosci 23:622-31. 2003..Mice with a targeted mutation of the gene encoding urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR), a key component in HGF/SF activation and function, have decreased levels of HGF/SF and a ..
- Urokinase receptor modulates cellular and angiogenic responses in obstructive nephropathyGuoqiang Zhang
Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Division of Nephrology, University of Washington, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:1234-53. 2003Interstitial cells have been implicated in the pathogenesis of renal fibrosis. Given that the urokinase receptor (uPAR) is known to play a role in cell adhesion, migration, and angiogenesis, the present study was designed to evaluate the ..
- The receptor for urokinase-type plasminogen activator is not essential for mouse development or fertilityT H Bugge
Division of Basic Science, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 270:16886-94. 1995The urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) gene was disrupted in mice in order to explore the role of cell surface-associated plasminogen activation in development and hemostasis...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator is effective in fibrin clearance in the absence of its receptor or tissue-type plasminogen activatorT H Bugge
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:5899-904. 1996..availability of gene-targeted mice deficient in the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), urokinase receptor (uPAR), tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA), and plasminogen permits a critical, genetic-based analysis of the ..
- Urokinase receptor (CD87) regulates leukocyte recruitment via beta 2 integrins in vivoA E May
Haemostasis Research Unit, Max Planck Institute, Kerckhoff Klinik, D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
J Exp Med 188:1029-37. 1998The urokinase receptor (CD87; uPAR) is found in close association with beta 2 integrins on leukocytes. We studied the functional consequence of this association for leukocyte adhesion and migration...
- Urokinase receptor is necessary for adequate host defense against pneumococcal pneumoniaAnita W Rijneveld
Department of Experimental Internal Medicine, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 168:3507-11. 2002..Previous work has indicated that the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) may also play a role in this mechanism, presumably by an interaction with the beta(2) ..
- Receptor-independent role of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator during arteriogenesisE Deindl
Max Planck Institute, Department of Exp Cardiology, Benekestrasse 2, D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
FASEB J 17:1174-6. 2003..the role of the plasminogen activators (PAs) urokinase PA (uPA) and tissue PA (tPA) as well as the uPA receptor (uPAR) in arteriogenesis, we investigated their impact in a rabbit and mouse model of adaptive collateral artery growth...
- The urokinase receptor can be induced by Borrelia burgdorferi through receptors of the innate immune systemJames L Coleman
State of New York Department of Health, Center for Infectious Diseases, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5120, USA
Infect Immun 71:5556-64. 2003Monocytic cells exposed to Borrelia burgdorferi, through unknown receptors, overexpress the urokinase receptor (uPAR), a key mediator of the plasminogen activation system...
- Urokinase-deficient and urokinase receptor-deficient mice have impaired neutrophil antimicrobial activation in vitroMargaret R Gyetko
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Michigan Medical Center, 3916 Taubman Center Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0360, USA
J Leukoc Biol 76:648-56. 2004Leukocytes express both urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and the urokinase receptor (uPAR, CD87). We have shown that neutrophil recruitment to the lung during P...
- Specific interference of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor and matrix metalloproteinase-9 gene expression induced by double-stranded RNA results in decreased invasion, tumor growth, and angiogenesis in gliomasSajani S Lakka
Departments of Biomedical and Therapeutic Sciences Program of Cancer Biology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Peoria, IL 61656, USA
J Biol Chem 280:21882-92. 2005..the effectiveness of adenovirus-mediated expression of antisense urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in inhibiting tumor invasion in vitro and ex vivo...
- RNA interference-directed knockdown of urokinase plasminogen activator and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor inhibits prostate cancer cell invasion, survival, and tumorigenicity in vivoSai MuraliKrishna Pulukuri
Department of Biomedical and Therapeutic Sciences Program of Cancer Biology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, Illinois 61656, USA
J Biol Chem 280:36529-40. 2005..Urokinase plasminogen activator-(uPA) and its receptor (uPAR)-mediated signaling have been implicated in tumor cell invasion, survival, and metastasis in a variety of cancers...
- The urokinase receptor: a ligand or a receptor? Story of a sociable moleculeP Ragno
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale IEOS CNR, Via Pansini 5, 80131, Naples, Italy
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:1028-37. 2006..b>uPAR ligands and interactors and the functional consequences of the multiple binding capability of this intriguing ..
- The urokinase plasminogen activator receptor is crucially involved in host defense during acute pyelonephritisJ J T H Roelofs
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 70:1942-7. 2006The urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is expressed at the cell surface of inflammatory cells and plays an important role in neutrophil migration...
- Intraperitoneal injection of a hairpin RNA-expressing plasmid targeting urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor and uPA retards angiogenesis and inhibits intracranial tumor growth in nude miceChristopher S Gondi
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, Illinois 61605, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:4051-60. 2007The purpose of this study was to evaluate the therapeutic potential of using plasmid-expressed RNA interference (RNAi) targeting urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor (uPAR) and uPA to treat human glioma.
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) augments brain damage in a murine model of ischemic strokeNobuo Nagai
Department of Physiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Ohnohigashi 377 2, Osakasayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
Neurosci Lett 432:46-9. 2008Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is a key component of the plasminogen activation system at the cell surface...
- Membrane-anchored uPAR regulates the proliferation, marrow pool size, engraftment, and mobilization of mouse hematopoietic stem/progenitor cellsMarc Tjwa
VIB Vesalius Research Center, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Invest 119:1008-18. 2009..These findings identify MuPAR and plasmin as regulators of the proliferation, marrow pool size, homing, engraftment, and mobilization of HSPCs and possibly also of HSCs...
- Participation of the urokinase receptor in neutrophil efferocytosisYoung Jun Park
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1808 7th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL, USA
Blood 114:860-70. 2009The urokinase receptor (uPAR) plays an important role in regulation of fibronolysis, cell migration, and adhesion. In this study, we examined whether uPAR plays a role in modulating efferocytosis of neutrophils...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor-deficient mice demonstrate reduced hyperoxia-induced lung injuryMarieke A D van Zoelen
Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine CEMM, G2 130, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam
Am J Pathol 174:2182-9. 2009..Hyperoxia-induced lung injury is characterized by neutrophil infiltration into the lungs. The urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) has been deemed important for leukocyte trafficking...
- Structure-based engineering of species selectivity in the interaction between urokinase and its receptor: implication for preclinical cancer therapyLin Lin
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 285:10982-92. 2010..affinity interaction between the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its glycolipid-anchored receptor (uPAR) is decisive for cell surface-associated plasminogen activation...
- Urokinase receptor is necessary for bacterial defense against pneumonia-derived septic melioidosis by facilitating phagocytosisW Joost Wiersinga
Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 184:3079-86. 2010Urokinase receptor (urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor [uPAR], CD87), a GPI-anchored protein, is considered to play an important role in inflammation and fibrinolysis...
- Suppression of uPAR retards radiation-induced invasion and migration mediated by integrin β1/FAK signaling in medulloblastomaArun Kumar Nalla
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13006. 2010....
- Urokinase receptor mediates mobilization, migration, and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cellsKrishna C Vallabhaneni
Department of Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover D 30625, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 90:113-21. 2011..Our study was designed to elucidate a probable role for the multifunctional urokinase (uPA)/urokinase receptor (uPAR) system in MSC regulation...
- Urokinase receptor associates with myocardin to control vascular smooth muscle cells phenotype in vascular diseaseYulia Kiyan
Nephrology Department, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:110-22. 2012The urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its specific receptor (uPAR) are a potent multifunctional system involved in vascular remodeling...
- Urokinase receptor mediates doxorubicin-induced vascular smooth muscle cell senescence via proteasomal degradation of TRF2Mahshid Hodjat
Nephrology Department, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Vasc Res 50:109-23. 2013..We observed that expression of urokinase receptor (uPAR) was upregulated in response to doxorubicin...
- A role for the plasminogen activator system in inflammation and neurodegeneration in the central nervous system during experimental allergic encephalomyelitisEmma East
Department of Neuroinflammation, Institute of Neurology, University College London, 1 Wakefield St, London, WC1N 1PJ, UK
Am J Pathol 167:545-54. 2005..Using mice deficient in tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA-/-) and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR-/-), we investigated the involvement of the PA system on the clinical and pathological ..
- Characterization of the functional epitope on the urokinase receptor. Complete alanine scanning mutagenesis supplemented by chemical cross-linkingHenrik Gardsvoll
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
J Biol Chem 281:19260-72. 2006..between the serine protease urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its glycolipid-anchored receptor (uPAR) represents one of the key regulatory steps in cell surface-associated plasminogen activation...
- The urokinase receptor promotes cancer metastasis independently of urokinase-type plasminogen activator in miceMinji Jo
Department of Pathology, UCSD School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093 0612, USA
Am J Pathol 175:190-200. 2009The urokinase receptor (uPAR) promotes metastasis of human malignancies; however, its mechanism of action remains incompletely understood...
- Urokinase receptor-deficient mice have impaired neutrophil recruitment in response to pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa infectionM R Gyetko
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 165:1513-9. 2000Leukocytes express both urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and the urokinase receptor (uPAR, CD87). Evidence in vitro has implicated uPAR as a modulator of beta2 integrin function, particularly CR3 (CD11b/CD18, Mac-1)...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2-induced initial endothelial cell migration depends on the presence of the urokinase receptorGerald W Prager
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, University of Vienna, Austria
Circ Res 94:1562-70. 2004..We now show that the cell surface receptor of the uPA-system, the urokinase receptor (uPAR), is redistributed to focal adhesions at the leading edge of endothelial cells in response to VEGF...
- Plasminogen mediates the pathological effects of urokinase-type plasminogen activator overexpressionIsabelle Bolon
Department of Morphology, University of Geneva Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 164:2299-304. 2004Increased expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) is associated with different pathological conditions...
- Mitogenic signaling of urokinase receptor-deficient kidney fibroblasts: actions of an alternative urokinase receptor and LDL receptor-related proteinGuoqiang Zhang
University of Washington, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Division of Nephrology, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2090-102. 2004The urokinase receptor (uPAR) attenuates myofibroblast recruitment and fibrosis in the kidney...
- Proteomics-based discovery of a novel, structurally unique, and developmentally regulated plasminogen receptor, Plg-RKT, a major regulator of cell surface plasminogen activationNicholas M Andronicos
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Blood 115:1319-30. 2010..Plg-R(KT) was highly colocalized on the cell surface with the urokinase receptor, uPAR. Our data suggest that Plg-R(KT) also interacts directly with tissue plasminogen activator...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator deficiency in bone marrow-derived cells augments rupture of angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysmsHaruhito A Uchida
Saha Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0509, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2845-52. 2011..Therefore, it is important to identify specific protease systems involved in extracellular matrix degradation during AAA formation. The present study determined the contribution of the urokinase system to AAA formation and rupture...
- The receptor for urokinase regulates TLR2 mediated inflammatory responses in neutrophilsGang Liu
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25843. 2011The urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR), a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) anchored membrane protein, regulates urokinase (uPA) protease activity, chemotaxis, cell-cell interactions, and phagocytosis of apoptotic cells...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor modulates epileptogenesis in mouse model of temporal lobe epilepsyXavier Ekolle Ndode-Ekane
Department of Neurobiology, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, P O Box 1627, 70 211 Kuopio, Finland
Mol Neurobiol 47:914-37. 2013Mutation in Plaur gene encoding urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) results in epilepsy and autistic phenotype in mice...
- Domain 2 of uPAR regulates single-chain urokinase-mediated angiogenesis through β1-integrin and VEGFR2Gretchen A LaRusch
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 305:H305-20. 2013..Peptides from domain 2 of the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) or domain 5 of high-molecular-weight kininogen compete with ScuPA for the induction of ..
- The plasminogen activator system: involvement in central nervous system inflammation and a potential site for therapeutic interventionDevorah Gur-Wahnon
Department of Neurology, Hadassah Medical Center, P, O, Box 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Neuroinflammation 10:124. 2013..In the present study, we evaluated the involvement of the PA system in the animal model of MS, experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE)...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator is a central regulator of macrophage three-dimensional invasion, matrix degradation, and adhesionAndrew J Fleetwood
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
J Immunol 192:3540-7. 2014Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) coordinate a plasmin-mediated proteolytic cascade that has been implicated in cell adhesion, cell motility, and matrix breakdown, for example, during inflammation...
- High molecular weight kininogen binds phosphatidylserine and opsonizes urokinase plasminogen activator receptor-mediated efferocytosisAizhen Yang
Cyrus Tang Hematology Center, Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, First Affiliated Hospital, Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China
J Immunol 192:4398-408. 2014..In this study, we found that urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) plays an important role in internalization of apoptotic cells and also characterized the ..
- Podocyte injury-driven intracapillary plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 accelerates podocyte loss via uPAR-mediated β1-integrin endocytosisNamiko Kobayashi
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 308:F614-26. 2015..podocytes treated with PAI-1 or uPA alone or with the PAI-1/uPA complex pretreated with an anti-uPA receptor (uPAR) antibody failed to cause detachment...
- PTEN expression in endothelial cells is down-regulated by uPAR to promote angiogenesisM Unseld
Gernot Schabbauer, Institute for Physiology, Center for Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, 1090 Vienna, Austria, Tel 43 1 40160 31427, Fax 43 1 40160 93101, E mail
Thromb Haemost 114:379-89. 2015..Here, we characterise the urokinase receptor (uPAR, CD87) and its tumour-derived soluble form, suPAR, as a key molecule of regulating PTEN in endothelial cells...
- Tumoral and macrophage uPAR and MMP-9 contribute to the invasiveness of B16 murine melanoma cellsChiara Marconi
Department of Experimental Pathology and Oncology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Clin Exp Metastasis 25:225-31. 2008..metalloproteinase 2 and 9 (MMP-2 and MMP-9), and the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and uPA receptor (uPAR)...
- LRP1 regulates remodeling of the extracellular matrix by fibroblastsAlban Gaultier
Department of Pathology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Matrix Biol 29:22-30. 2010..for diverse proteases, protease inhibitors, and other plasma membrane proteins, including the urokinase receptor (uPAR). LRP1 also functions in cell-signaling and regulates gene expression...
- Regulation of airway contractility by plasminogen activators through N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-1Taher Nassar
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 513A Stellar Chance, 422 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 43:703-11. 2010..These studies identify involvement of PAs and NMDA-R1 in airway contractility, and define new loci that could lead to the development of novel interventions for reactive airway disease...
- Cell signaling by urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor induces stem cell-like properties in breast cancer cellsMinji Jo
Department of Pathology and Moores Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Cancer Res 70:8948-58. 2010Signaling by urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) can cause epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in cultured breast cancer cells...
- Mechanisms of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA)-mediated atherosclerosis: role of the uPA receptor and S100A8/A9 proteinsStephen D Farris
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 286:22665-77. 2011..clinical studies, cell culture, and animal models implicate the urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA)/uPA receptor (uPAR)/plasminogen system in the development of atherosclerosis and aneurysms...
- Hepatocyte growth factor acts as a mitogen and chemoattractant for postnatal subventricular zone-olfactory bulb neurogenesisTsu Wei Wang
Department of Life Science, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Cell Neurosci 48:38-50. 2011..These results suggest that HGF influences multiple steps in postnatal forebrain neurogenesis. HGF is a mitogen for SVZ neural progenitors, and regulates their differentiation and olfactory bulb migration...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator promotes paracellular transmigration of neutrophils via Mac-1, but independently of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptorChristoph A Reichel
Walter Brendel Centre of Experimental Medicine, Munich, Germany
Circulation 124:1848-59. 2011..Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) has recently been implicated in the pathogenesis of ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury. The underlying mechanisms remain largely unclear...
- Secretion of multi-protein migratory complex induced by Toxoplasma gondii infection in macrophages involves the uPA/uPAR activation systemSara Hellen Santos Schuindt
Laboratorio de Biologia do Reconhecer, Centro de Biociencias e Biotecnologia, Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense, Campos dos Goytacazes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 186:207-15. 2012..gondii infected murine macrophages. We showed by immunoprecipitation assays that MMP-9, CD44 TIMP-1 and uPAR were secreted as a multi-protein complex by infected macrophages...
- Single amino acid substitutions in the chemotactic sequence of urokinase receptor modulate cell migration and invasionKatia Bifulco
Department of Experimental Oncology, National Cancer Institute of Naples, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e44806. 2012The receptor for urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPAR) plays an important role in controlling cell migration...
- Gastric expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 is associated with hyperphagia and obesity in miceSusan Kenny
Departments of Cell and Molecular Physiology, Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 154:718-26. 2013..and behavioral characteristics of these and mice null for PAI-1 or a putative receptor, urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR)...
- Two alternatively spliced mouse urokinase receptor mRNAs with different histological localization in the gastrointestinal tractP Kristensen
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Cell Biol 115:1763-71. 1991....
- Inhibition of plasminogen activators or matrix metalloproteinases prevents cardiac rupture but impairs therapeutic angiogenesis and causes cardiac failureS Heymans
Center for Transgene Technology, Flanders Interuniversity, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Med 5:1135-42. 1999....
- Activin receptor-like kinase 1 modulates transforming growth factor-beta 1 signaling in the regulation of angiogenesisS P Oh
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:2626-31. 2000..Taken together, our results suggest that the balance between the ALK1 and ALK5 signaling pathways in endothelial cells plays a crucial role in determining vascular endothelial properties during angiogenesis...
- Delayed mortality and attenuated thrombocytopenia associated with severe malaria in urokinase- and urokinase receptor-deficient miceP F Piguet
Department of Pathology, University of Geneva, Geneva CH 1211, Switzerland
Infect Immun 68:3822-9. 2000We explored the role of urokinase and tissue-type plasminogen activators (uPA and tPA), as well as the uPA receptor (uPAR; CD87) in mouse severe malaria (SM), using genetically deficient (-/-) mice...
- The development of bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mice deficient for components of the fibrinolytic systemC M Swaisgood
Joseph J Jacobs Center for Thrombosis and Vascular Biology and the Department of Molecular Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH, USA
Am J Pathol 157:177-87. 2000..Absence of these two components of the fibrinolytic system, either urokinase or plasminogen, results in accelerated fibrosis...
- Urokinase mediates fibrinolysis in the pulmonary microvasculatureK Bdeir
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Blood 96:1820-6. 2000The role of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) in fibrinolysis remains unsettled...
- Deficiency of urokinase-type plasminogen activator-mediated plasmin generation impairs vascular remodeling during hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension in miceM Levi
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Circulation 103:2014-20. 2001..Chronic hypoxia results in the development of pulmonary hypertension and subsequent right heart failure. A role of the plasminogen system in the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vascular remodeling has been suggested...
- Role of plasminogen activators and urokinase receptor in platelet kineticsP F Piguet
Department of Pathology, University of Geneva, CH 1211, Switzerland
Hematol J 1:199-205. 2000..We took advantage of genetically deficient mice to explore the role of urokinase (uPA) and tissue type (tPA) PAs, as well as the uPA receptor (uPAR, CD87) in platelet kinetics.
- Targeting urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor on human glioblastoma tumors with diphtheria toxin fusion protein DTATDaniel A Vallera
Section on Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, Department of Therapeutic Radiology Radiation Oncology, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:597-606. 2002..Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor (uPAR) is expressed on the surface of glioblastoma and some other tumor cells and endothelial cells...
- Binding of urokinase to low density lipoprotein-related receptor (LRP) regulates vascular smooth muscle cell contractionTaher Nassar
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Hadassah University Hospital and Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Biol Chem 277:40499-504. 2002..In contrast, the blood pressure of urokinase receptor knockout (uPAR(-/-)) mice and the response of their isolated aortic rings to phenylephrine were normal, indicating that the effect ..
- Mice without uPA, tPA, or plasminogen genes are resistant to experimental choroidal neovascularizationJean Marie Rakic
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:1732-9. 2003..To evaluate the presence and potential involvement of members of the plasminogen/plasminogen activator (Plg/PA) system in the exudative form of age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- uPARAP/Endo180 is essential for cellular uptake of collagen and promotes fibroblast collagen adhesionLars H Engelholm
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 160:1009-15. 2003..Here, we show that the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor-associated protein (uPARAP)/Endo180, a novel mesenchymally expressed member of the macrophage ..
- Urokinase receptor deficiency accelerates renal fibrosis in obstructive nephropathyGuoqiang Zhang
Division of Nephrology, University of Washington, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:1254-71. 2003The urokinase cellular receptor (uPAR) recognizes the N-terminal growth factor domain of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and is expressed by several cell types...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (CD87): something old, something newYimin Ge
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0743, USA
Lab Hematol 9:67-71. 2003b>CD87 is a widely expressed receptor for urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and plays a critical role in regulation of cell-surface plasminogen activation...
- Transgenic mice demonstrate novel promoter regions for tissue-specific expression of the urokinase receptor geneHeng Wang
Department of Cancer Biology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Pathol 163:453-64. 2003..4 kb of upstream sequence directs u-PAR expression in the epididymis, sequences located between -0.4 and -1.5 kb and between -1.5 and -8.5 kb are required for optimal tissue-specific expression in the colon and the placenta, respectively...
- The fibrinolytic system in dissemination and matrix protein deposition during a mycobacterium infectionJun Sato
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research and the Department of Chemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, IN 46556, USA
Am J Pathol 163:517-31. 2003..avium from lungs. Thus, plasmin(ogen) functions in limiting progressive fibrosis in the granuloma during a chronic mycobacterial infection...
- Evidence for similar expression of protein C inhibitor and the urokinase-type plasminogen activator system during mouse testis developmentFanny Odet
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 329, Hopital Debrousse, 69322 Lyon cedex 05, France
Endocrinology 145:1481-9. 2004..PC and tissue-type PA showed no variation between sexes. By contrast, urokinase-type PA and its receptor (uPAR; which dictates the site and extent of proteolysis) exhibited sex differences from 13.5-14.5 d postcoitum...
- Growth inhibition of vascular smooth muscle cells derived from urokinase receptor (u-PAR)-deficient mice in the presence of carcinoma cellsShigeru Ueshima
Department of Physiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohnohigashi, Osakasayama City, 589 8511 Osaka, Japan
Thromb Res 113:41-9. 2004..The findings suggest that u-PAR plays an important role in the proliferative response of VSMCs and that without u-PAR, there is no intracellular signaling for cell proliferation...
- The urokinase/urokinase receptor system mediates the IgG immune complex-induced inflammation in lungNelli Shushakova
Department of Nephrology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Immunol 175:4060-8. 2005..is mediated by inflammatory cell infiltration, a process highly regulated by the cell surface-specific receptor (uPAR), a binding partner for the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA)...
- Disruption of interneuron developmentPat Levitt
Vanderbilt University, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Epilepsia 46:22-8. 2005..The uPAR knockout mouse provides a unique opportunity to study the effects of interneuron disruption in vivo...
- Mechanisms of cardiac fibrosis induced by urokinase plasminogen activatorApril Stempien-Otero
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15345-51. 2006..accumulation and cardiac fibrosis in SR-uPA+/o mice are dependent on localization of uPA by the uPA receptor (uPAR); 2) activation of plasminogen by uPA and subsequent activation of transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) and ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1-deficient mice have an enhanced IFN-gamma response to lipopolysaccharide and staphylococcal enterotoxin BRosemarijn Renckens
Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 177:8171-6. 2006..These results identify a novel function of PAI-1 during systemic inflammation, where endogenous PAI-1 serves to inhibit IFN-gamma release by a mechanism that does not depend on its interaction with uPA/uPA receptor or tPA...
- Complementary roles of intracellular and pericellular collagen degradation pathways in vivoRebecca A Wagenaar-Miller
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, 30 Convent Drive, Room 211, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6309-22. 2007..Individual deficits in intracellular collagen degradation (urokinase plasminogen activator receptor-associated protein/Endo180 ablation) or pericellular collagen degradation (membrane type 1-matrix ..
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator and macrophages are required for skeletal muscle hypertrophy in miceDana M DiPasquale
Department of Movement Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1278-85. 2007..These data indicate that uPA and macrophages are required for muscle hypertrophy following synergist ablation...
- NKT cell-derived urokinase-type plasminogen activator promotes peripheral tolerance associated with eyeKoh Hei Sonoda
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Immunol 179:2215-22. 2007..We postulate that the mechanism of action of uPA is through its binding to the uPAR receptor, and enzymatic cleavage of plasminogen to plasmin, which in turn activates latent TGFbeta...
- Modification of kidney barrier function by the urokinase receptorChangli Wei
Nephrology Division and Program in Glomerular Disease, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Nat Med 14:55-63. 2008..Mice lacking uPAR (Plaur-/-) are protected from lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-mediated proteinuria but develop disease after expression of a ..
- Protection of cerebral microvasculature after moderate hypothermia following experimental focal cerebral ischemia in miceJan Burk
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Brain Res 1226:248-55. 2008..These protective effects in an additional animal model of ischemia and reperfusion strongly recommend hypothermia as a potential beneficial treatment for stroke...
- Renal urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor but not uPA deficiency strongly attenuates ischemia reperfusion injury and acute kidney allograft rejectionFaikah Gueler
Department of Nephrology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Immunol 181:1179-89. 2008..processes highly regulated by the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its specific receptor (uPAR). Recently, up-regulation of uPA and uPAR has been shown to correlate with allograft rejection in human biopsies...
- Ly49E-dependent inhibition of natural killer cells by urokinase plasminogen activatorTina Van Den Broeck
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Blood 112:5046-51. 2008..Our results suggest that uPA, besides its established role in fibrinolysis, tissue remodeling, and tumor metastasis, could be involved in NK cell-mediated immune surveillance and tumor escape...
- uPAR-deficient mouse keratinocytes fail to produce EGFR-dependent laminin-5, affecting migration in vivo and in vitroSilvia D'Alessio
Università Vita Salute San Raffaele and Istituto Scientifico H San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, Italy
J Cell Sci 121:3922-32. 2008The urokinase receptor (uPAR) is involved in a series of pathological processes, from inflammation to cancer...
- Post-transcriptional regulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor expression in lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injuryYashodhar P Bhandary
The Texas Lung Injury Institute, The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:288-98. 2009Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor (uPAR) is required for the recruitment of neutrophils in response to infection...
- The urokinase receptor (uPAR) facilitates clearance of Borrelia burgdorferiJoppe W R Hovius
Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine CEMM, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000447. 2009..borreliosis, the spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi, has been shown to induce expression of the urokinase receptor (uPAR); however, the role of uPAR in the immune response against Borrelia has never been investigated...
- Urokinase-receptor-mediated phenotypic changes in vascular smooth muscle cells require the involvement of membrane raftsJulia Kiyan
Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Biochem J 423:343-51. 2009..Our previous studies have demonstrated that the GPI (glycosylphosphatidylinositol)-linked uPAR [uPA (urokinase-type plasminogen activator) receptor], which can be found in lipid rafts and in non-raft fractions, ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) modulates GABAergic inhibition and seizure susceptibilityMihyun H Bae
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Exp Neurol 221:129-35. 2010..Adult mice lacking the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (Plaur) have decreased numbers of neocortical GABAergic interneurons and spontaneous seizures, ..
- Modulation of cellular migration and survival by c-Myc through the downregulation of urokinase (uPA) and uPA receptorDaniela Alfano
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 30:1838-51. 2010..Transcriptome analysis revealed that urokinase (uPA) and uPA receptor (uPAR) were strongly downregulated by c-Myc...
- Plasminogen is essential for granulation tissue formation during the recovery process after liver injury in miceN Kawao
Department of Physiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Ohnohigashi, Osakasayama, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 8:1555-66. 2010..The involvement of plasminogen in liver repair has been reported, but its exact role in promoting this process is unknown...
- Genetic disruption of the autism spectrum disorder risk gene PLAUR induces GABAA receptor subunit changesK L Eagleson
Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute and Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Keck School of Medicine at University of Southern California, 1501 San Pablo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Neuroscience 168:797-810. 2010..The human gene encoding uPAR (PLAUR) has been shown recently to be associated with the risk of autism...
- The autism risk genes MET and PLAUR differentially impact cortical developmentKathie L Eagleson
Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, Keck School of Medicine at USC, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Autism Res 4:68-83. 2011..We previously identified two ASD risk genes encoding the receptor tyrosine kinase MET and the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (PLAUR), which is thought to modulate availability of the MET ligand...
- Concomitant lack of MMP9 and uPA disturbs physiological tissue remodelingIda K Lund
The Finsen Laboratory, Copenhagen University Hospital, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Dev Biol 358:56-67. 2011..Gestation was also affected by simultaneous lack of MMP9 and the uPA receptor (uPAR)...
- Circulating urokinase receptor as a cause of focal segmental glomerulosclerosisChangli Wei
Department of Medicine, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
Nat Med 17:952-60. 2011..plasmapheresis, or by interfering with the suPAR-β(3) integrin interaction through antibodies and small molecules targeting either uPAR or β(3) integrin. Our study identifies serum suPAR as a circulating factor that may cause FSGS.
- Endotoxin stimulates expression of the murine urokinase receptor gene in vivoF Almus-Jacobs
Department of Vascular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Am J Pathol 147:688-98. 1995..Induction of u-PAR in vivo by lipopolysaccharide may facilitate the extravasation and migration of leukocytes during inflammation...
- Proteinase expression in early mouse embryos is regulated by leukaemia inhibitory factor and epidermal growth factorM B Harvey
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Development 121:1005-14. 1995....
- Region- and age-specific deficits in gamma-aminobutyric acidergic neuron development in the telencephalon of the uPAR(-/-) mouseKathie L Eagleson
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Comp Neurol 489:449-66. 2005..have previously shown that in adult mice with a null mutation in the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) gene, maintained on a C57BL/6J/129Sv background, there is a selective loss of GABAergic interneurons in anterior ..
- The urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor is not required for skeletal muscle inflammation or regenerationScott C Bryer
Department of Movement Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1919 W Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R1152-8. 2007The hypothesis of this study was the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is required for accumulation of inflammatory cells in injured skeletal muscle and for efficient muscle regeneration...
- Immunomodulatory effects of plasminogen activators on hepatic fibrogenesisA A Higazi
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Exp Immunol 152:163-73. 2008..We examined the potential immunomodulatory actions of uPA, tPA and uPA-receptor (uPAR) in carbon-tetrachloride-induced hepatic fibrosis in wild-type (WT), tPA-/-, uPA-/- and uPAR-/- mice...
- Antibody-mediated targeting of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator proteolytic function neutralizes fibrinolysis in vivoIda K Lund
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen Biocenter, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 283:32506-15. 2008..Importantly, this is the first report demonstrating specific antagonist-directed targeting of mouse uPA at the enzyme activity level in a normal physiological process in vivo...
- Leukocyte urokinase plasminogen activator receptor and PSGL1 play a role in endogenous arterial fibrinolysisXufang Bai
Henderson Research Centre and McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thromb Haemost 102:1212-8. 2009..possess urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) activity, we used mice deficient in uPA or the uPA receptor (uPAR) to explore the contribution of leukocyte-associated uPA to the loss of fibrin from these thrombi...
- Experimental Therapeutics for Brain CancerDANIEL VALLERA; Fiscal Year: 2009..was directed against the amino terminal fragment (ATF) of urokinase that targets the human urokinase receptor (uPAR) overexpressed on tumor neovasculature...
- THE ROLE OF UROKINASE IN LUNG T LYMPHOCYTE RESPONSESMARGARET GYETKO; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. Determine the cellular expression and trafficking of uPA and uPAR during T cell activation and proliferation in vitro...
- FETAL COCAINE AND GENE EXPRESSION DEFECTS IN FOREBRAINPat Levitt; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of cardiac fibrosisApril Stempien Otero; Fiscal Year: 2006..This environment will allow the principal investigator to gain both the technical expertise and the critical thinking skills necessary to develop into an independent investigator in cardiac failure. ..
- 16th Biennial Meeting of the International Society for Developmental NeurobiologyPat Levitt; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such interactions are essential if we are to attack these problems in a cohesive, rational fashion. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RETROVIRAL IMMUNOTOXINS FOR LEUKEMIADANIEL VALLERA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally in aim 4, we will determine if retlT can reduce toxicity compared to conventional IT and whether they have effects on components of the host immune system. ..