Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pirt
Description: phosphoinositide-interacting regulator of transient receptor potential channels
Alias: A530088H08Rik, phosphoinositide-interacting protein
- Gao X, Feng J, Wang W, Xiang Z, Liu X, Zhu C, et al. Pirt reduces bladder overactivity by inhibiting purinergic receptor P2X3. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7650 pubmed publisherb>Pirt is a transmembrane protein predominantly expressed in peripheral neurons. However, the physiological and pathological roles of Pirt in hollow viscus are largely unknown...
- Tang Z, Kim A, Masuch T, Park K, Weng H, Wetzel C, et al. Pirt functions as an endogenous regulator of TRPM8. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2179 pubmed publisherb>Pirt is a membrane protein that is specifically expressed in the peripheral nervous system, where it has been shown to increase the sensitivity of the transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 channel and modulate its role in heat pain...
- Rakhilin N, Barth B, Choi J, Muñoz N, Kulkarni S, Jones J, et al. Simultaneous optical and electrical in vivo analysis of the enteric nervous system. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11800 pubmed publisher..The implanted device captures ENS responses to neurotransmitters, drugs and optogenetic manipulation in real time. ..
- Kim S, Barry D, Liu X, Yin S, Munanairi A, Meng Q, et al. Facilitation of TRPV4 by TRPV1 is required for itch transmission in some sensory neuron populations. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra71 pubmed publisher..TRP facilitation through the formation of heteromeric complexes could be a prevalent mechanism by which the vast array of somatosensory information is encoded in sensory neurons. ..
- Kim Y, Chu Y, Han L, Li M, Li Z, LaVinka P, et al. Central terminal sensitization of TRPV1 by descending serotonergic facilitation modulates chronic pain. Neuron. 2014;81:873-887 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal central mechanisms facilitating central terminal sensitization underlying chronic pain. ..
- Weng Y, Wang X, An R, Cassin J, Vissers C, Liu Y, et al. Epitranscriptomic m6A Regulation of Axon Regeneration in the Adult Mammalian Nervous System. Neuron. 2018;97:313-325.e6 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a critical epitranscriptomic mechanism in promoting injury-induced protein synthesis and axon regeneration in the adult mammalian nervous system. ..
- Kim Y, Anderson M, Park K, Zheng Q, Agarwal A, Gong C, et al. Coupled Activation of Primary Sensory Neurons Contributes to Chronic Pain. Neuron. 2016;91:1085-1096 pubmed publisher..Therefore, neuronal coupling represents a new form of neuronal plasticity in the DRG and contributes to pain hypersensitivity by "hijacking" neighboring neurons through gap junctions. ..