Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pip5k1b
Description: phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase, type 1 beta
Alias: PI4P5K-I[b], PIP5K1-beta, PIP5KIbeta, Pipk5b, STM7, phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase type-1 beta, phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase type I beta, ptdIns(4)P-5-kinase 1 beta
- Yamazaki M, Miyazaki H, Watanabe H, Sasaki T, Maehama T, Frohman M, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase is essential for ROCK-mediated neurite remodeling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:17226-30 pubmed
- Tolias K, Hartwig J, Ishihara H, Shibasaki Y, Cantley L, Carpenter C. Type Ialpha phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase mediates Rac-dependent actin assembly. Curr Biol. 2000;10:153-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PIP 5-kinase alpha is a critical mediator of thrombin- and Rac-dependent actin assembly. ..
- Ishihara H, Shibasaki Y, Kizuki N, Wada T, Yazaki Y, Asano T, et al. Type I phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinases. Cloning of the third isoform and deletion/substitution analysis of members of this novel lipid kinase family. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8741-8 pubmed..Surprisingly, a kinase-deficient substitution mutant also induced an abnormal actin polymerization, suggesting a role of PIP5Ks via structural interactions with other molecules. ..
- Szalinski C, Guerriero C, Ruiz W, Docter B, Rbaibi Y, PASTOR SOLER N, et al. PIP5KI? selectively modulates apical endocytosis in polarized renal epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53790 pubmed publisher..PtdIns(4,5)P(2) may be required to overcome specific structural constraints that limit the efficiency of apical endocytosis. ..
- Akiba Y, Suzuki R, Saito Saino S, Owada Y, Sakagami H, Watanabe M, et al. Localization of mRNAs for phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinases in the mouse brain during development. Brain Res Gene Expr Patterns. 2002;1:123-33 pubmed..The distinct expression for the gene encoding PIPK IIalpha was detected in the postnatal white matter such as the cerebellar medulla, the corpus callosum, the hippocampal fimbriae, and the internal capsule. ..
- Yamazaki M, Yamauchi Y, Goshima Y, Kanaho Y. Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase ? regulates growth cone morphology and semaphorin 3A-triggered growth cone collapse in mouse dorsal root ganglion neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2013;547:59-64 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that PIP5K? negatively regulates axon elongation and growth cone size and is involved in the cellular signaling pathway for Sema3A-triggered repulsion in DRG neurons. ..
- Halstead J, Savaskan N, van den Bout I, van Horck F, Hajdo Milasinovic A, Snell M, et al. Rac controls PIP5K localisation and PtdIns(4,5)P? synthesis, which modulates vinculin localisation and neurite dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3535-46 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a role for PtdIns(4,5)P? synthesis in the regulation of vinculin localisation at focal complexes and ultimately in the regulation of neurite dynamics. ..
- Ip W, Medzhitov R. Macrophages monitor tissue osmolarity and induce inflammatory response through NLRP3 and NLRC4 inflammasome activation. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6931 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify an unknown function of the inflammasome as a sensor of hyperosmotic stress, which is crucial for the induction of inflammatory Th17 response. ..
- Neely G, Rao S, Costigan M, Mair N, Racz I, Milinkeviciute G, et al. Construction of a global pain systems network highlights phospholipid signaling as a regulator of heat nociception. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003071 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a systems map for heat nociception and reinforces the extraordinary conservation of molecular mechanisms of nociception across different species. ..
- Weernink P, Meletiadis K, Hommeltenberg S, Hinz M, Ishihara H, Schmidt M, et al. Activation of type I phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase isoforms by the Rho GTPases, RhoA, Rac1, and Cdc42. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7840-9 pubmed
- Hasegawa H, Noguchi J, Yamashita M, Okada R, Sugimoto R, Furuya M, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase is indispensable for mouse spermatogenesis. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:136, 1-12 pubmed publisher..Three PIP5K isozymes, PIP5K1A, PIP5K1B, and PIP5K1C, have been identified in mammals so far...
- Wang Y, Litvinov R, Chen X, Bach T, Lian L, Petrich B, et al. Loss of PIP5KIgamma, unlike other PIP5KI isoforms, impairs the integrity of the membrane cytoskeleton in murine megakaryocytes. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:812-9 pubmed publisher..Notably, both PIP5KIbeta- and PIP5KIgamma(-/-) cells had impaired PIP(2) synthesis...
- Huang P, Yeku O, Zong H, Tsang P, Su W, Yu X, et al. Phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate-5-kinase alpha deficiency alters dynamics of glucose-stimulated insulin release to improve glucohomeostasis and decrease obesity in mice. Diabetes. 2011;60:454-63 pubmed publisher..The increased first-phase glucose-stimulated release of insulin observed on the normal diet may underlie the partial protection against the elevated serum glucose and obesity seen in type 2 diabetes-like model systems. ..
- Wang L, Li G, Sugita S. A central kinase domain of type I phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinases is sufficient to prime exocytosis: isoform specificity and its underlying mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16522-7 pubmed
- Wong K, Isberg R. Arf6 and phosphoinositol-4-phosphate-5-kinase activities permit bypass of the Rac1 requirement for beta1 integrin-mediated bacterial uptake. J Exp Med. 2003;198:603-14 pubmed..These results indicate that both Arf6 and PIP5K are involved in integrin-dependent uptake, and that Arf6 participates in both activation of PIP5K as well as in other events associated with bacterial uptake. ..
- Wright B, Loo L, Street S, Ma A, Taylor Blake B, Stashko M, et al. The lipid kinase PIP5K1C regulates pain signaling and sensitization. Neuron. 2014;82:836-47 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal that PIP5K1C regulates PIP2-dependent nociceptive signaling and suggest that PIP5K1C is a therapeutic target for chronic pain. ..
- Pehrson J, Changolkar L, Costanzi C, Leu N. Mice without macroH2A histone variants. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:4523-33 pubmed publisher..MacroH2A-dependent gene regulation changes substantially in postnatal development and can be strongly affected by fasting. We propose that macroH2As produce adaptive changes to gene expression, which in the liver focus on metabolism. ..
- Halstead J, van Rheenen J, Snel M, Meeuws S, Mohammed S, D Santos C, et al. A role for PtdIns(4,5)P2 and PIP5Kalpha in regulating stress-induced apoptosis. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1850-6 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that certain apoptotic stimuli initiate an essential signaling pathway during cell death, and this pathway leads to caspase-independent downregulation of PIP5Kalpha and its product PtdIns(4,5)P(2). ..
- van den Bout I, Jones D, Shah Z, Halstead J, Keune W, Mohammed S, et al. Collaboration of AMPK and PKC to induce phosphorylation of Ser413 on PIP5K1B resulting in decreased kinase activity and reduced PtdIns(4,5)P2 synthesis in response to oxidative stress and energy restriction. Biochem J. 2013;455:347-58 pubmed publisher..b>PIP5K1B is negatively regulated in response to oxidative stress although it remains unclear which pathways regulate its ..
- Anderson R, Boronenkov I, Doughman S, Kunz J, Loijens J. Phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinases, a multifaceted family of signaling enzymes. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9907-10 pubmed