Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Phb2
Description: prohibitin 2
Alias: AU044498, BAP, Bap37, Bcap37, REA, B-cell receptor-associated protein 37, B-cell receptor-associated protein BAP37, prohibitin-2, repressor of estrogen receptor activity
- Genetic deletion of the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) enhances the response to estrogen in target tissues in vivoSeong Eun Park
University of Illinois, Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, 524 Burrill Hall, 407 South Goodwin Ave, Urbana, IL 61801 3704, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:1989-99. 2005We previously identified a coregulator, repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA), that directly interacts with estrogen receptor (ER) and represses ER transcriptional activity...
- Prohibitins control cell proliferation and apoptosis by regulating OPA1-dependent cristae morphogenesis in mitochondriaCarsten Merkwirth
Institute for Genetics, Centre for Molecular Medicine, University of Cologne, 50674 Cologne, Germany
Genes Dev 22:476-88. 2008..Large assemblies of PHB1 and PHB2 subunits are localized in the inner membrane of mitochondria, but various roles in other cellular compartments have ..
- A repressive role for prohibitin in estrogen signalingBin He
Department of Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:344-60. 2008..We demonstrate that PHB interacts with the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA), a protein related to PHB, to form heteromers and enhance the protein stability of both ..
- Truncated estrogen receptor product-1 stimulates estrogen receptor alpha transcriptional activity by titration of repressor proteinsVicky Y Lin
Department of Pharmacology, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 278:38125-31. 2003..We found that repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA), originally isolated from human breast cancer cells, is present in mouse pituitary ..
- Mammalian prohibitin proteins respond to mitochondrial stress and decrease during cellular senescenceP J Coates
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
Exp Cell Res 265:262-73. 2001The two prohibitin proteins, Phb1p and Phb2p(BAP37), have been ascribed various functions, including cell cycle regulation, apoptosis, assembly of mitochondrial respiratory chain enzymes, and aging...
- Loss of prohibitin membrane scaffolds impairs mitochondrial architecture and leads to tau hyperphosphorylation and neurodegenerationCarsten Merkwirth
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
PLoS Genet 8:e1003021. 2012..Prohibitins form large ring complexes in the inner membrane that are composed of PHB1 and PHB2 subunits and are thought to function as membrane scaffolds...
- Prohibitins and the cytoplasmic domain of CD86 cooperate to mediate CD86 signaling in B lymphocytesChristopher R Lucas
Integrated Biomedical Science Graduate Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Immunol 190:723-36. 2013..identification approach, we show that the tyrosine-containing transmembrane adaptor proteins prohibitin (Phb)1 and Phb2 bind to CD86...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction and adipogenic reduction by prohibitin silencing in 3T3-L1 cellsDong Liu
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e34315. 2012..Prohibitins (PHBs), comprised of two evolutionarily conserved proteins, prohibitin-1 (PHB1) and prohibitin-2 (PHB2), are present in a high molecular-weight complex in the inner membrane of mitochondria...
- The mitochondrial electron transport chain is dispensable for proliferation and differentiation of epidermal progenitor cellsOlivier R Baris
Center for Physiology and Pathophysiology, Institute for Vegetative Physiology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Stem Cells 29:1459-68. 2011..In conclusion, we here provide unequivocal evidence that EPSCs, and probably tissue stem cells in general, are independent of the mitochondrial respiratory chain, but still require a functional dynamic mitochondrial compartment...
- Uterine development and fertility are dependent on gene dosage of the nuclear receptor coregulator REASunghee Park
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 524 Burrill Hall, 407 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801 3704, USA
Endocrinology 153:3982-94. 2012..Because conventional genetic deletion of the coregulator, repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA), was embryonic lethal, we here study REA conditional knockout mice generated by cre-loxP ..
- The coregulator, repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA), is a crucial regulator of the timing and magnitude of uterine decidualizationYuechao Zhao
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois and College of Medicine at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Endocrinology 154:1349-60. 2013..In this study, we have established a key role for the coregulator, repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA), in the decidualization of human endometrial stromal cells (hESCs) in vitro and of the ..
- Akt binds prohibitin 2 and relieves its repression of MyoD and muscle differentiationLuguo Sun
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
J Cell Sci 117:3021-9. 2004In a yeast two-hybrid screen using the full-length Akt as bait, we found that prohibitin 2 (PHB2) specifically interacts with Akt...
- Nuclear receptor co-regulator Krüppel-like factor 9 and prohibitin 2 expression in estrogen-induced epithelial cell proliferation in the mouse uterusJ M P Pabona
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202, USA
J Endocrinol 200:63-73. 2009..pregnancy uteri of WT mice, the temporal pattern of Klf9 transcript levels was inversely associated with that of Phb2. Deletion of Klf9 up-regulated uterine Phb2 expression and increased PHB2 nuclear localization in endometrial ST ..
- Comparative sequence analysis of a gene-rich cluster at human chromosome 12p13 and its syntenic region in mouse chromosome 6M A Ansari-Lari
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genome Res 8:29-40. 1998....
- Transcriptional regulation by the repressor of estrogen receptor activity via recruitment of histone deacetylasesVladislav Kurtev
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Max F Perutz Laboratories, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna Biocenter, Dr Bohr Gasse 9 2, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 279:24834-43. 2004..Using the yeast two-hybrid system, we isolated the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) as a novel HDAC1-associated protein...
- Haploinsufficiency of the corepressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) enhances estrogen receptor function in the mammary glandPaola Mussi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16716-21. 2006..The repressor of ER activity (REA) is an ER-interactive protein that counterbalances estrogen-induced ER transcriptional activity...
- Repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) is essential for mammary gland morphogenesis and functional activities: studies in conditional knockout miceSunghee Park
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois, 524 Burrill Hall, 407 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801 3704, USA
Endocrinology 152:4336-49. 2011..we have investigated the consequences of reduction or loss of function of the coregulator repressor of ER activity (REA) by conditionally deleting one allele or both alleles of the REA gene at different stages of mammary gland ..
- Skp2B stimulates mammary gland development by inhibiting REA, the repressor of the estrogen receptorKarina Umanskaya
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1178, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7615-22. 2007..We found that Skp2B interacts with the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) and that overexpression of Skp2B leads to a reduction in REA levels...
- CaMK IV phosphorylates prohibitin 2 and regulates prohibitin 2-mediated repression of MEF2 transcriptionLuguo Sun
Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, China
Cell Signal 23:1686-90. 2011b>Prohibitin 2 (PHB2) is an evolutionarily conserved and ubiquitously expressed multifunctional protein which is present in various cellular compartments including the nucleus...
- Regulation of the epithelial Mg2+ channel TRPM6 by estrogen and the associated repressor protein of estrogen receptor activity (REA)Gang Cao
Department of Physiology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Institute for Genetic and Metabolic Disease, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 284:14788-95. 2009..Here, we identified the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) as an interacting protein of TRPM6 that binds to the 6(th), 7(th), and 8(th) beta-sheets in ..
- The IgM antigen receptor of B lymphocytes is associated with prohibitin and a prohibitin-related proteinM Terashima
Max Planck Institut für Immunobiologie, Freiburg, Germany
EMBO J 13:3782-92. 1994..p37 is highly homologous to p32. Since prohibitin was identified as an inhibitor of cell proliferation, its association with mIgM, but not mIgD, could explain the different biological events elicited after engagement of each receptor...