Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Phb2
Description: prohibitin 2
Alias: AU044498, BAP, Bap37, Bcap37, REA, B-cell receptor-associated protein 37, B-cell receptor-associated protein BAP37, prohibitin-2, repressor of estrogen receptor activity
- The IgM antigen receptor of B lymphocytes is associated with prohibitin and a prohibitin-related proteinM Terashima
Max Planck Institut für Immunobiologie, Freiburg, Germany
EMBO J 13:3782-92. 1994..p37 is highly homologous to p32. Since prohibitin was identified as an inhibitor of cell proliferation, its association with mIgM, but not mIgD, could explain the different biological events elicited after engagement of each receptor...
- CaMK IV phosphorylates prohibitin 2 and regulates prohibitin 2-mediated repression of MEF2 transcriptionLuguo Sun
Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, China
Cell Signal 23:1686-90. 2011b>Prohibitin 2 (PHB2) is an evolutionarily conserved and ubiquitously expressed multifunctional protein which is present in various cellular compartments including the nucleus...
- Regulation of the epithelial Mg2+ channel TRPM6 by estrogen and the associated repressor protein of estrogen receptor activity (REA)Gang Cao
Department of Physiology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Institute for Genetic and Metabolic Disease, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 284:14788-95. 2009..Here, we identified the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) as an interacting protein of TRPM6 that binds to the 6(th), 7(th), and 8(th) beta-sheets in ..
- Nuclear receptor co-regulator Krüppel-like factor 9 and prohibitin 2 expression in estrogen-induced epithelial cell proliferation in the mouse uterusJ M P Pabona
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202, USA
J Endocrinol 200:63-73. 2009..pregnancy uteri of WT mice, the temporal pattern of Klf9 transcript levels was inversely associated with that of Phb2. Deletion of Klf9 up-regulated uterine Phb2 expression and increased PHB2 nuclear localization in endometrial ST ..
- Prohibitins control cell proliferation and apoptosis by regulating OPA1-dependent cristae morphogenesis in mitochondriaCarsten Merkwirth
Institute for Genetics, Centre for Molecular Medicine, University of Cologne, 50674 Cologne, Germany
Genes Dev 22:476-88. 2008..Large assemblies of PHB1 and PHB2 subunits are localized in the inner membrane of mitochondria, but various roles in other cellular compartments have ..
- A repressive role for prohibitin in estrogen signalingBin He
Department of Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:344-60. 2008..We demonstrate that PHB interacts with the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA), a protein related to PHB, to form heteromers and enhance the protein stability of both ..
- Skp2B stimulates mammary gland development by inhibiting REA, the repressor of the estrogen receptorKarina Umanskaya
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1178, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7615-22. 2007..We found that Skp2B interacts with the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) and that overexpression of Skp2B leads to a reduction in REA levels...
- Haploinsufficiency of the corepressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) enhances estrogen receptor function in the mammary glandPaola Mussi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16716-21. 2006..The repressor of ER activity (REA) is an ER-interactive protein that counterbalances estrogen-induced ER transcriptional activity...
- Genetic deletion of the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) enhances the response to estrogen in target tissues in vivoSeong Eun Park
University of Illinois, Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, 524 Burrill Hall, 407 South Goodwin Ave, Urbana, IL 61801 3704, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:1989-99. 2005We previously identified a coregulator, repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA), that directly interacts with estrogen receptor (ER) and represses ER transcriptional activity...
- Transcriptional regulation by the repressor of estrogen receptor activity via recruitment of histone deacetylasesVladislav Kurtev
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Max F Perutz Laboratories, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna Biocenter, Dr Bohr Gasse 9 2, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 279:24834-43. 2004..Using the yeast two-hybrid system, we isolated the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) as a novel HDAC1-associated protein...
- Truncated estrogen receptor product-1 stimulates estrogen receptor alpha transcriptional activity by titration of repressor proteinsVicky Y Lin
Department of Pharmacology, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 278:38125-31. 2003..We found that repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA), originally isolated from human breast cancer cells, is present in mouse pituitary ..
- Mammalian prohibitin proteins respond to mitochondrial stress and decrease during cellular senescenceP J Coates
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
Exp Cell Res 265:262-73. 2001The two prohibitin proteins, Phb1p and Phb2p(BAP37), have been ascribed various functions, including cell cycle regulation, apoptosis, assembly of mitochondrial respiratory chain enzymes, and aging...
- Comparative sequence analysis of a gene-rich cluster at human chromosome 12p13 and its syntenic region in mouse chromosome 6M A Ansari-Lari
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genome Res 8:29-40. 1998....
- Repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) is essential for mammary gland morphogenesis and functional activities: studies in conditional knockout miceSunghee Park
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois, 524 Burrill Hall, 407 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801 3704, USA
Endocrinology 152:4336-49. 2011..we have investigated the consequences of reduction or loss of function of the coregulator repressor of ER activity (REA) by conditionally deleting one allele or both alleles of the REA gene at different stages of mammary gland ..