Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pgm2
Description: phosphoglucomutase 2
Alias: 2610020G18Rik, AA407108, AI098105, Pgm-2, Pgm1, phosphoglucomutase-2, glucose phosphomutase 1, phosphoglucomutase-1
- Satoh H, Yoshida M. Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1985;39:285-91 pubmed..genes, HK1, PEPC, and SORD, were newly assigned to chromosomes 1, 5, and 6, respectively, while ENO1, PGD, and PGM1 were assigned to the long arm of chromosome 2, in the segment 2q113----qter...
- Chapman V, Ruddle F, Roderick T. Linkage of isozyyme loci in the mouse: phosphoglucomutase-2 (Pgm-2), mitochondrial NADP malate dehydrogenase (Mod-2), and dipeptidase-1 (Dip-1). Biochem Genet. 1971;5:101-10 pubmed
- Roderick T, Chang B, Hawes N, Heckenlively J. A new dominant retinal degeneration (Rd4) associated with a chromosomal inversion in the mouse. Genomics. 1997;42:393-6 pubmed..A human homolog would be expected to be located on human chromosomes 1p or 8q. ..
- Sutton J, Costa R, Klug M, Field L, Xu D, Largaespada D, et al. Genesis, a winged helix transcriptional repressor with expression restricted to embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:23126-33 pubmed..Genesis is a candidate for regulating the phenotype of normal or malignant embryonic stem cells. ..
- Fletcher C, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Chaudhry A, Gronostajski R. Exon structure of the nuclear factor I DNA-binding domain from C. elegans to mammals. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:390-6 pubmed..elegans-like ancestral gene, but that significant changes have occurred in the genomic organization of either the C. elegans or murine NFI genes during evolution. ..
- Stanley E, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Harvey R. Murine cerberus homologue Cer1 maps to chromosome 4. Genomics. 1998;49:337-8 pubmed
- Naz R, Zhu X. Molecular cloning and sequencing of cDNA encoding for a novel testis-specific antigen. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;48:449-57 pubmed..These findings suggest that the sperm-specific recombinant NZ-1 may find applications in the development of a contraceptive vaccine, and in studying the normal and abnormal sperm function and the signal transduction mechanism. ..
- Roberts M, Ruddle F. The Chinese hamster gene map. Assignment of four genes (DTS, PGM2, 6PGD, EnoI) to chromosome 2. Exp Cell Res. 1980;127:47-54 pubmed
- Nikaido H, Hayakawa J. A new allele at the Mup-1 locus controlling an electrophoretic variant of major urinary proteins in mice. J Hered. 1984;75:59-61 pubmed..Thus, it is concluded that the locus is identical to Mup-1 and it is proposed that Mup-1c be designated as the allele that determines a third phenotypic form of MUPs in MOA mice. ..
- Stallings R, Siciliano M. Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7. Somatic Cell Genet. 1981;7:683-98 pubmed..Assignments of PGM1, 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase, and enolase 1 to chromosome 2 were confirmed, and a chromosome 2 deletion (q23-..
- Schafer R, Doehmer J, Rademacher I, Willecke K. Assignment of the gene for cytoplasmic glutamate-oxaloacetate transaminase to mouse chromosome 19 using chinese hamster x mouse somatic cell hybrids. Somatic Cell Genet. 1980;6:709-17 pubmed..The appearance of a heteropolymeric band in hybrid cells expressing mouse GOT-1 suggests that this enzyme molecule is probably composed of two subunits. ..
- Broad T, Burkin D, Cambridge L, Carpenter M, Jones C. Four loci from human chromosome 1 are physically assigned to sheep chromosome 1p. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:551-3 pubmed
- Tanaka S, Suzuki T, Sakaizumi M, Harada Y, Matsushima Y, Miyashita N, et al. Gene responsible for deficient activity of the beta subunit of C8, the eighth component of complement, is located on mouse chromosome 4. Immunogenetics. 1991;33:18-23 pubmed..Because of synteny homologies in mouse and human, we looked for and found close linkage between C8b and Pgm-2. Typing of recombinant mice for Mup-1 mapped the C8b locus 2.3 centimorgans (cM) telomeric to Pgm-2 on mouse chromosome 4. ..
- Chapman V. 6-Phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGD) genetics in the mouse: linkage with metabolically related enzyme loci. Biochem Genet. 1975;13:849-56 pubmed..7 +/- 1.1%). Both gene products are dimers, both require NADP, and these enzymes catalyze sequential steps in metabolism. ..
- Kelley K, Kozak C, Dandoy F, Sor F, Skup D, Windass J, et al. Mapping of murine interferon-alpha genes to chromosome 4. Gene. 1983;26:181-8 pubmed..The MuIFN-alpha genes were mapped to chromosome 4 by Southern blot analysis of hamster/mouse somatic cell hybrid DNAs. ..
- Nadeau J, Kömpf J, Siebert G, Taylor B. Linkage of Pgm-3 in the house mouse and homologies of three phosphoglucomutase loci in mouse and man. Biochem Genet. 1981;19:465-74 pubmed..8 +/- 1.8%. Pgm-3 2.3 +/- 1.2% Mod-1. Substrate specificities and cofactor requirements show that mouse Pgm-1 is homologous with human Pgm-2, mouse Pgm-2 with human Pgm-1, and mouse Pgm-3 with human Pgm-3. ..
- Miner G, Wolfe H. Phosphoglucomutase isozymes of red cells in Mus musculus: additional polymorphism at PGM-l compared by two electrophoretic systems. Biochem Genet. 1972;7:247-52 pubmed
- Naylor S, Chin W, Goodman H, Lalley P, Grzeschik K, Sakaguchi A. Chromosome assignment of genes encoding the alpha and beta subunits of glycoprotein hormones in man and mouse. Somatic Cell Genet. 1983;9:757-70 pubmed..In the mouse, the alpha subunit gene, detected by a mouse thyrotropin (TSH) alpha subunit probe, and the CG beta-like sequences (CG beta-LH beta), detected by the human CG beta cDNA probe, are on chromosomes 4 and 7, respectively. ..
- Roderick T, Ruddle F, Chapman V, Shows T. Biochemical polymorphisms in feral and inbred mice (mus musculus). Biochem Genet. 1971;5:457-66 pubmed