Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pgm1
Description: phosphoglucomutase 1
Alias: 3230402E02Rik, Pgm-1, Pgm2, phosphoglucomutase-1, glucose phosphomutase 2, phosphodeoxyribomutase, phosphoglucomutase-2, phosphopentomutase
- Kondoh H, Lleonart M, Gil J, Wang J, Degan P, Peters G, et al. Glycolytic enzymes can modulate cellular life span. Cancer Res. 2005;65:177-85 pubmed..Because wild-type p53 down-regulates PGM, mutation of p53 can facilitate immortalization via effects on PGM levels and glycolysis. ..
- Kozak C, Rowe W. Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strains. J Exp Med. 1982;155:524-34 pubmed..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity. ..
- Meruelo D, Rossomando A, Offer M, Buxbaum J, Pellicer A. Association of endogenous viral loci with genes encoding murine histocompatibility and lymphocyte differentiation antigens. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:5032-6 pubmed
- Ramagli L, Womack J, Rodriguez L. Genetic analysis of nonhistone chromosomal protein inheritance in recombinant inbred mouse strains using two-dimensional electrophoresis. Biochem Genet. 1990;28:123-36 pubmed..These 16 NHCP genetic marker inheritance differences detected in RIs add to the 23 previously established genetic marker differences between the progenitors. ..
- Danciger M, Farber D, Kozak C. Genetic mapping of three GABAA receptor-subunit genes in the mouse. Genomics. 1993;16:361-5 pubmed..The Gabrb-1, Gabra-2 pair of genes on Chr 5 maps near the mouse "circling mutation" pi (pirouette). ..
- Rutherford A, Dhomen N, Smith H, Sowden J. Delayed expression of the Crx gene and photoreceptor development in the Chx10-deficient retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:375-84 pubmed
- Schafer R, Doehmer J, Rademacher I, Willecke K. Assignment of the gene for cytoplasmic glutamate-oxaloacetate transaminase to mouse chromosome 19 using chinese hamster x mouse somatic cell hybrids. Somatic Cell Genet. 1980;6:709-17 pubmed..The appearance of a heteropolymeric band in hybrid cells expressing mouse GOT-1 suggests that this enzyme molecule is probably composed of two subunits. ..
- Francke U, Lalley P, Moss W, Ivy J, Minna J. Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1977;19:57-84 pubmed..Striking examples of norandom segregation of mouse chromosomes were observed in these hybrids with preferential retention of 15 and segregation of 11 and the Y chromosome. ..
- White R, Pasztor L, Richardson P, Zon L. The gene encoding TBC1D1 with homology to the tre-2/USP6 oncogene, BUB2, and cdc16 maps to mouse chromosome 5 and human chromosome 4. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;89:272-5 pubmed..a TBC1D1 RFLP in two independent mouse RI (recombinant inbred) lines reveals that mouse Tbc1d1 is closely linked to Pgm1 on chromosome 5. The human TBC1D1 gene was assigned to human chromosome 4p15...
- Roderick T, Ruddle F, Chapman V, Shows T. Biochemical polymorphisms in feral and inbred mice (mus musculus). Biochem Genet. 1971;5:457-66 pubmed
- Womack J, Hawes N, Soares E, Roderick T. Mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase (Mor-1) in the mouse: linkage to chromosome 5 markers. Biochem Genet. 1975;13:519-25 pubmed..Thus Mor-1 is presently the most distal marker on chromosome 5. Three different nuclear loci for mitochondrial enzymes (Mod-2, Got-2, and Mor-1) have now been mapped in the mouse, all on different chromosomes. ..
- Hayakawa J, Nikaido H. Two types of liver-specific F antigen are encoded by a locus located on chromosome 5 in mice. Immunogenetics. 1987;26:366-9 pubmed..It is suggested, therefore, that the Laf locus may encode an allogeneic moiety of F antigen molecules. ..
- Cheng S, Martin G, Nadeau J, Haines J, Bucan M, Kozak C, et al. Synteny on mouse chromosome 5 of homologs for human DNA loci linked to the Huntington disease gene. Genomics. 1989;4:419-26 pubmed..Cloning of the region between these markers could generate new probes for conserved human sequences in the vicinity of the HD gene or possibly candidates for the murine counterpart of this human disease locus. ..
- Stephenson D, Lee K, Nagle D, Yen C, Morrow A, Miller D, et al. Mouse rump-white mutation associated with an inversion of chromosome 5. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:342-8 pubmed..Taken together, both the genetic and physical mapping data establish that the Rw mutation is associated with an inversion involving loci in the proximal region of Chromosome 5. ..
- Patarca R, Freeman G, Singh R, Wei F, Durfee T, Blattner F, et al. Structural and functional studies of the early T lymphocyte activation 1 (Eta-1) gene. Definition of a novel T cell-dependent response associated with genetic resistance to bacterial infection. J Exp Med. 1989;170:145-61 pubmed..Eta-1 gene expression appears to be part of a surprisingly rapid T cell-dependent response to bacterial infection that may precede classical forms of T cell-dependent immunity. ..
- Lacombe C, Tambourin P, Mattei M, Simon D, Guenet J. The murine erythropoietin gene is localized on chromosome 5. Blood. 1988;72:1440-2 pubmed
- Kozak C, Rowe W. Genetic mapping of the ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing locus of BALB/c mouse to chromosome 5. Science. 1979;204:69-71 pubmed..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic viruses represent viral genomes inserted at different chromosomal sites in the various mouse strains. ..
- van Zutphen L, den Bieman M, Lankhorst A, Demant P. Segregation of genes from donor strain during the production of recombinant congenic strains. Lab Anim. 1991;25:193-7 pubmed..The data obtained do not significantly deviate from the expected pattern, thus supporting the validity of the concept of RCS. ..
- Hutton J, Roderick T. Linkage analyses using biochemical variants in mice. 3. Linkage relationships of eleven biochemical markers. Biochem Genet. 1970;4:339-50 pubmed
- Campbell G, Zimmerman K, Blank R, Alt F, D EUSTACHIO P. Chromosomal location of N-myc and L-myc genes in the mouse. Oncogene Res. 1989;4:47-54 pubmed..The second locus in each pair may be a pseudogene. ..
- Robert B, Sassoon D, Jacq B, Gehring W, Buckingham M. Hox-7, a mouse homeobox gene with a novel pattern of expression during embryogenesis. EMBO J. 1989;8:91-100 pubmed..The pronounced accumulation and regional localization of Hox-7 transcripts in mandibular and limb processes point to a specific morphogenetic role for this mouse homeobox gene. ..
- Warden C, Krisans S, Purcell Huynh D, Leete L, Daluiski A, Diep A, et al. Mouse cellular nucleic acid binding proteins: a highly conserved family identified by genetic mapping and sequencing. Genomics. 1994;24:14-9 pubmed..These data suggest that CNBP is a member of a highly conserved family of cytosolic proteins that may be encoded by multiple dispersed genes. ..
- Stallings R, Siciliano M. Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7. Somatic Cell Genet. 1981;7:683-98 pubmed..Assignments of PGM1, 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase, and enolase 1 to chromosome 2 were confirmed, and a chromosome 2 deletion (q23-..
- Miner G, Wolfe H. Phosphoglucomutase isozymes of red cells in Mus musculus: additional polymorphism at PGM-l compared by two electrophoretic systems. Biochem Genet. 1972;7:247-52 pubmed
- Soares E. TEM-induced gene mutations at enzyme loci in the mouse. Environ Mutagen. 1979;1:19-25 pubmed..The latter mutations (Pgm-1 and Gpi-1) are presumably induced. Although viable and fertile in the heterozygous state, we have not recovered any offsping homozygous for either of these two mutations. ..
- Lalley P, Francke U, Minna J. Comparative gene mapping: the linkage relationships of the homologous genes for phosphoglucomutase and peptidase S are conserved in man and mouse. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1978;22:573-6 pubmed
- Blumenfeld M, Maury M, Chouard T, Yaniv M, Condamine H. Hepatic nuclear factor 1 (HNF1) shows a wider distribution than products of its known target genes in developing mouse. Development. 1991;113:589-99 pubmed..These experiments show that, even though the HNF1 homeo-protein is essential for expression of many liver-specific genes, it cannot, by itself, force high expression levels of these genes, in non-hepatic tissues. ..
- Hudec P, Sonnenfeld P. Lysosomal and microsomal glucuronidase: genetic variant alters electrophoretic mobility of both hydrolases. Science. 1974;185:442-4 pubmed..The difference is inherited as a single gene mapping at the position of the structural gene on chromosome 5. This confirms that beta-glucuronidase at both intracellular sites is coded by the same structural gene. ..
- Yamanaka S, Johnson O, Lyu M, Kozak C, Proia R. The mouse gene encoding the GM2 activator protein (Gm2a): cDNA sequence, expression, and chromosome mapping. Genomics. 1994;24:601-4 pubmed..The Gm2a gene was mapped to a region on mouse chromosome (Chr) 11 that is homologous with a segment of human chromosome 5 containing the orthologous human gene. In addition, a Gm2a-related sequence (Gm2a-rs1) was mapped to mouse Chr 5. ..
- Datta S, Owen F, Womack J, Riblet R. Analysis of recombinant inbred lines derived from "autoimmune" (NZB) and "high leukemia" (C58) strains: independent multigenic systems control B cell hyperactivity, retrovirus expression, and autoimmunity. J Immunol. 1982;129:1539-44 pubmed
- Peters J, Ball S, Andrews S. The detection of gene mutations by electrophoresis, and their analysis. Prog Clin Biol Res. 1986;209B:367-74 pubmed
- Jenkins N, Copeland N, Taylor B, Bedigian H, Lee B. Ecotropic murine leukemia virus DNA content of normal and lymphomatous tissues of BXH-2 recombinant inbred mice. J Virol. 1982;42:379-88 pubmed
- Schlagel C, Ahmed A. Evidence for genetic control of microwave-induced augmentation of complement receptor-bearing B lymphocytes. J Immunol. 1982;129:1530-3 pubmed..The C57BL/6JTy-le strain remained nonresponsive. This places the essential regulatory gene to the right of the PgM-1 locus and to the left of the rd locus on chromosome 5. ..
- O Brien S, Nash W. Genetic mapping in mammals: chromosome map of domestic cat. Science. 1982;216:257-65 pubmed..Many of these same linkage groups have not been conserved in the murine genome. The genetic and evolutionary implications of comparative mapping analysis among mammalian species are discussed. ..
- Jeffreys A, Wilson V, Kelly R, Taylor B, Bulfield G. Mouse DNA 'fingerprints': analysis of chromosome localization and germ-line stability of hypervariable loci in recombinant inbred strains. Nucleic Acids Res. 1987;15:2823-36 pubmed..In addition, one locus shows extreme germ-line instability and should provide a useful system for studying more directly the rates and processes of allelic variation of minisatellites. ..
- Bach I, Galcheva Gargova Z, Mattei M, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J, Cereghini S, et al. Cloning of human hepatic nuclear factor 1 (HNF1) and chromosomal localization of its gene in man and mouse. Genomics. 1990;8:155-64 pubmed..3 and 5F in human and mouse, respectively, establishing a new segmental homology between these two chromosomes. ..
- Krog H, Wysocka M, Kisielow P, Radzikowski C. Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer research. Hereditas. 1977;87:201-4 pubmed
- Lalley P, Minna J, Francke U. Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and man. Nature. 1978;274:160-3 pubmed
- Nagle D, Kozak C, Mano H, Chapman V, Bucan M. Physical mapping of the Tec and Gabrb1 loci reveals that the Wsh mutation on mouse chromosome 5 is associated with an inversion. Hum Mol Genet. 1995;4:2073-9 pubmed
- Groen A. Identification and genetic monitoring of mouse inbred strains using biochemical polymorphisms. Lab Anim. 1977;11:209-14 pubmed..These findings emphasize the possibility and the necessity of monitoring the genetic purity of inbred strains of mice. A routine monitoring scheme using body protein-polymorphisms is proposed. ..
- Hartley J, Yetter R, Morse H. A mouse gene on chromosome 5 that restricts infectivity of mink cell focus-forming recombinant murine leukemia viruses. J Exp Med. 1983;158:16-24 pubmed..The Rmcf gene may be of much use as a means of determining the role of MCF viruses in various forms of leukemogenesis. ..
- Shows T, Massaro E, Ruddle F. Evolutionary evidence for a regulator gene controlling the lactate dehydrogenase B gene in rodent erythrocytes. Biochem Genet. 1969;3:525-36 pubmed
- Ihle J, Joseph D, Domotor J. Genetic linkage of C3H/HeJ and BALB/c endogenous ecotropic C-type viruses to phosphoglucomutase-1 on chromosome 5. Science. 1979;204:71-3 pubmed..With a combination of serological techniques and DNA-DNA hybridization the BALB/c endogenous ecotropic virus was shown to be either closely linked or allelic with the C3H/HeJ locus. ..
- Nichols E, Ruddle F. Polymorphism and linkage of glutathione reductase in Mus musculus. Biochem Genet. 1975;13:323-9 pubmed..Using an electrophoretic variant for glutathione reductase, we have been able to map the structural gene for this enzyme to chromosome 8 in Mus musculus. ..
- Chin H, Mock B, Kim H, Kim H, Kozak C. The gene for the dihydropyridine-sensitive calcium channel alpha 2 subunit (CCHL2A) maps to the proximal region of mouse chromosome 5. Genomics. 1992;13:1325-7 pubmed..This gene, termed Cchl2a, was mapped near the centromeric end of the Chromosome 5 linkage group with gene order: centromere-Pgy-1-Cchl2a-Il-6-Pgm-1. ..
- Berk R, Hazlett L, Beisel K. Genetic studies on resistant and susceptibility genes controlling the mouse cornea to infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Antibiot Chemother (1971). 1987;39:83-91 pubmed
- Konno R, Niwa A, Yasumura Y. Linkage of the Dao-1 gene for D-amino-acid oxidase to the pgm-1 gene for phosphoglucomutase-1 on the mouse chromosome 5. Jpn J Genet. 1989;64:341-5 pubmed..The recombination frequency between these loci was estimated to be 19.8 +/- 4.0%. ..
- Groves M, Rosenstreich D, Taylor B, Osterman J. Host defenses in experimental scrub typhus: mapping the gene that controls natural resistance in mice. J Immunol. 1980;125:1395-9 pubmed..Analyis of th C57BL/6JTy-le congenic strain indicates that Ric is proximal to rd on Chromosome 5. If so, the correct gene order is Pgm-1-W-Ric-rd-Gus...