Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pepc
Description: peptidase C
Alias: Dip-1, Pep-3, Pep3, peptidase 3
- Blatt C, Saxe D, Marzluff W, Lobo S, Nesbitt M, Simon M. Mapping and gene order of U1 small nuclear RNA, endogenous viral env sequence, amylase, and alcohol dehydrogenase-3 on mouse chromosome 3. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1988;14:133-42 pubmed..In situ hybridization to chromosome spreads confirmed the assignment of the Ulb small nuclear RNA (snRNA) gene cluster and the gamma-fibrinogen gene to the center of chromosome 3. ..
- Kozak C. Genetic mapping of a mouse chromosomal locus required for mink cell focus-forming virus replication. J Virol. 1983;48:300-3 pubmed
- Luo H, Chaudhuri A, Johnson K, Neote K, Zbrzezna V, He Y, et al. Cloning, characterization, and mapping of a murine promiscuous chemokine receptor gene: homolog of the human Duffy gene. Genome Res. 1997;7:932-41 pubmed..2-kb mRNA. The human erythroleukemia K562 cells, transfected with cDNA encoding the mouse Duffy-like protein and mouse erythrocytes, have the same chemokine binding profiles indicating that they contain the same protein. ..
- Kozak C, Ruddle F. Assignment of the genes for thymidine kinase and galactokinase to Mus musculus chromosome 11 and the preferential segregation of this chromosome in Chinese hamster/mouse somatic cell hybrids. Somatic Cell Genet. 1977;3:121-33 pubmed
- Wilcox F, Womack J, Roderick T. Linkage of the locus for conversion of albumin (Acf-1) in the house mouse, Mus musculus. Biochem Genet. 1979;17:159-62 pubmed..The linkage of the locus for conversion of albumin (Acf-1) has been established on chromosome 1 with the following gene order and recombination percentages: Id-1 19.3 +/- 5.2% Acf-1 4.2 +/- 1.7% Dip-1 18.4 +/- 4.2% Lp. ..
- Saunderson S, Dunn A, Crocker P, McLellan A. CD169 mediates the capture of exosomes in spleen and lymph node. Blood. 2014;123:208-16 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, CD169(-/-) mice demonstrated an enhanced response to antigen-pulsed exosomes. This is the first report of a role for CD169 in the capture of exosomes and its potential to mediate the immune response to exosomal antigen. ..
- Wang W, Zimmerman G, Huang X, Yu S, Myers J, Wang Y, et al. Aberrant Notch Signaling in the Bone Marrow Microenvironment of Acute Lymphoid Leukemia Suppresses Osteoblast-Mediated Support of Hematopoietic Niche Function. Cancer Res. 2016;76:1641-52 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that therapeutically targeting the leukemia-infiltrated hematopoietic niche may restore HSPC homeostasis and improve the outcome of ALL patients. ..
- Pulliam Leath A, Ciccone S, Nalepa G, Li X, Si Y, Miravalle L, et al. Genetic disruption of both Fancc and Fancg in mice recapitulates the hematopoietic manifestations of Fanconi anemia. Blood. 2010;116:2915-20 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this model closely recapitulates the phenotypes found in FA patients and may be useful as a preclinical platform to evaluate the molecular pathogenesis of spontaneous bone marrow failure, MDS and AML in FA. ..
- Francke U, Lalley P, Moss W, Ivy J, Minna J. Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1977;19:57-84 pubmed..Striking examples of norandom segregation of mouse chromosomes were observed in these hybrids with preferential retention of 15 and segregation of 11 and the Y chromosome. ..
- Berk R, Hazlett L, Beisel K. Genetic studies on resistant and susceptibility genes controlling the mouse cornea to infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Antibiot Chemother (1971). 1987;39:83-91 pubmed
- Holmes R. Genetics, ontogeny, and testosterone inducibility of aldehyde oxidase isozymes in the mouse: evidence for two genetic loci (Aox-I and Aox-2) closely linked on chromosome 1. Biochem Genet. 1979;17:517-27 pubmed..Both isozymes were significantly reduced in activity by castration of adult males and increased following testosterone administration to castrated males and normal female mice. ..
- Harandi O, Hedge S, Wu D, McKeone D, Paulson R. Murine erythroid short-term radioprotection requires a BMP4-dependent, self-renewing population of stress erythroid progenitors. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:4507-19 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that stress erythropoiesis may be manipulated through targeting the BMP4 signaling pathway to improve survival after injury. ..
- Helou K, Das A, Lamers W, Hoovers J, Szpirer C, Szpirer J, et al. FISH mapping of three ammonia metabolism genes (Glul, Cps1, Glud1) in rat, and the chromosomal localization of GLUL in human and Cps1 in mouse. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:362-4 pubmed
- Remmers E, Goldmuntz E, Zha H, Mathern P, Du Y, Crofford L, et al. Linkage map of nine loci defined by polymorphic DNA markers assigned to rat chromosome 13. Genomics. 1993;18:277-82 pubmed..An examination of human and mouse comparative map information for all loci assigned to rat chromosome 13 shows significant synteny conservation with the q arm of human chromosome 1 and the distal portion of mouse chromosome 1. ..
- Boettcher S, Gerosa R, Radpour R, Bauer J, Ampenberger F, Heikenwalder M, et al. Endothelial cells translate pathogen signals into G-CSF-driven emergency granulopoiesis. Blood. 2014;124:1393-403 pubmed publisher..Thus, ECs catalyze the detection of systemic infection into demand-adapted granulopoiesis. ..
- Kozak C, Davidson W, Morse H. Genetic and functional relationships of the retroviral and lymphocyte alloantigen loci on mouse chromosome 1. Immunogenetics. 1984;19:163-8 pubmed
- Buchberg A, Taylor B, Jenkins N, Copeland N. Chromosomal localization of Emv-16 and Emv-17, two closely linked ecotropic proviruses of RF/J mice. J Virol. 1986;60:1175-8 pubmed
- Chapman V, Ruddle F. Glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (got) genetics in the mouse: polymorphism of got-1. Genetics. 1972;70:299-305 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the utility of sampling Mus from diverse populations to extend the repertoire of polymorphic loci and the genetic linkage map. ..
- Hughes D, Allen J, Morley G, Sutherland K, Ahmed W, Prosser J, et al. Cloning and sequencing of the mouse Gli2 gene: localization to the Dominant hemimelia critical region. Genomics. 1997;39:205-15 pubmed..We have also demonstrated that it is unlikely that there are any Gli genes in the mouse genome in addition to the previously described Gli, Gli2, and Gli3. ..
- Wingender G, Hiss M, Engel I, Peukert K, Ley K, Haller H, et al. Neutrophilic granulocytes modulate invariant NKT cell function in mice and humans. J Immunol. 2012;188:3000-8 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel regulatory axis whereby neutrophils reduce iNKT cell responses, which may be important in shaping the extent of inflammation. ..
- Elliott R, Romejko C, Hohman C. Mapping the gene for LTW-4, a 26,000 molecular weight major protein of mouse liver and kidney. Mol Gen Genet. 1980;180:17-22 pubmed..4 +/- 2.6, between ald and Ltw-4 7.1 +/- 4.6 cM, and between Ltw-4 and Mls 4.3 +/- 2.0 cM. The strain distribution pattern of Ltw-4 is reported for the SWXL recombinant inbred strains and for a large number of inbred strains of mice. ..
- Roman E, Shino H, Qin F, Liu Y. Cutting edge: Hematopoietic-derived APCs select regulatory T cells in thymus. J Immunol. 2010;185:3819-23 pubmed publisher..In addition, Treg selection requires the TCR signal and CD28 costimulation presented in cis on the same APC type in vivo. This study demonstrates a new role, to our knowledge, for HCs in the development of Tregs in thymus. ..
- Siggs O, Arnold C, Huber C, Pirie E, Xia Y, Lin P, et al. The P4-type ATPase ATP11C is essential for B lymphopoiesis in adult bone marrow. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:434-40 pubmed publisher..Our data establish an essential, cell-autonomous and context-sensitive function for ATP11C, a putative aminophospholipid flippase, in B cell development. ..
- Schallner N, Pandit R, LeBlanc R, Thomas A, Ogilvy C, Zuckerbraun B, et al. Microglia regulate blood clearance in subarachnoid hemorrhage by heme oxygenase-1. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2609-25 pubmed publisher..Administration of CO may have potential as a therapeutic modality in patients with ruptured cerebral aneurysms. ..
- Holmes D, Suto E, Lee W, Ou Q, Gong Q, Smith H, et al. Autoimmunity-associated protein tyrosine phosphatase PEP negatively regulates IFN-Î± receptor signaling. J Exp Med. 2015;212:1081-93 pubmed publisher..As SLE patients carrying the PTPN22(C1858T) risk variant have higher serum IFN-Î± activity, these data provide a molecular basis for how type I IFNs and PTPN22 may cooperate to contribute to lupus-associated cytopenias. ..
- Shang X, Cancelas J, Li L, Guo F, Liu W, Johnson J, et al. R-Ras and Rac GTPase cross-talk regulates hematopoietic progenitor cell migration, homing, and mobilization. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:24068-78 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that R-Ras is a critical regulator of Rac signaling required for HPC migration, homing, and mobilization. ..
- Szymura J, Taylor B, Klein J. Upg-2: a urinary pepsinogen variant located on chromosome 1 of the mouse. Biochem Genet. 1982;20:1211-9 pubmed..Typing of recombinant inbred strains suggests that the location of the Upg-2 locus is on chromosome 1, in the vicinity of loci coding for other peptidases, namely, Pep-2 and Rnr, and of the Acf-1 locus. ..
- Watson J, Higgins T, Collins P, Chaykin S. The mouse liver aldehyde oxidase locus (Aox). Biochem Genet. 1972;6:195-204 pubmed
- Roths J, Murphy E, Eicher E. A new mutation, gld, that produces lymphoproliferation and autoimmunity in C3H/HeJ mice. J Exp Med. 1984;159:1-20 pubmed
- Kobold S, Grassmann S, Chaloupka M, Lampert C, Wenk S, Kraus F, et al. Impact of a New Fusion Receptor on PD-1-Mediated Immunosuppression in Adoptive T Cell Therapy. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2015;107: pubmed publisher..Transduction of T cells with this new PD-1-CD28 receptor has the potential of breaking the PD-1-PD-L1-immunosuppressive axis in ACT. ..
- Gessler M, Hameister H, Henry I, Junien C, Braun T, Arnold H. The human MyoD1 (MYF3) gene maps on the short arm of chromosome 11 but is not associated with the WAGR locus or the region for the Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. Hum Genet. 1990;86:135-8 pubmed..5 related to the Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. Subregional mapping by in situ hybridization with an myf3 specific probe shows that the gene resides at the chromosomal band 11p14, possibly at 11p14.3. ..
- Ramagli L, Womack J, Rodriguez L. Genetic analysis of nonhistone chromosomal protein inheritance in recombinant inbred mouse strains using two-dimensional electrophoresis. Biochem Genet. 1990;28:123-36 pubmed..These 16 NHCP genetic marker inheritance differences detected in RIs add to the 23 previously established genetic marker differences between the progenitors. ..
- van Zutphen L, den Bieman M, Lankhorst A, Demant P. Segregation of genes from donor strain during the production of recombinant congenic strains. Lab Anim. 1991;25:193-7 pubmed..The data obtained do not significantly deviate from the expected pattern, thus supporting the validity of the concept of RCS. ..
- Sugiyama S, Utani A, Yamada S, Kozak C, Yamada Y. Cloning and expression of the mouse laminin gamma 2 (B2t) chain, a subunit of epithelial cell laminin. Eur J Biochem. 1995;228:120-8 pubmed..This protein complex is characteristic of the kalinin (nicein/epiligrin) complex, and provides further evidence that these proteins are identical and that the gamma 2 chain is the subunit of the epithelial-cell-specific laminin. ..
- Wilcox F. Genetics of alkaline phosphatase of the small intestine of the house mouser (Mus musculus). Biochem Genet. 1983;21:641-52 pubmed
- Roehm N, Carbone A, Kushnir E, Taylor B, Riblet R, Marrack P, et al. The major histocompatibility complex-restricted antigen receptor on T cells: the genetics of expression of an allotype. J Immunol. 1985;135:2176-82 pubmed..The identity of the other, as yet unmapped locus is unknown. KJ16-133 was used to show that T cell receptor gene products are expressed in a manner consistent with allelic exclusion. ..
- Seldin M, Morse H, D Hoostelaere L, Britten J, Steinberg A. Mapping of alpha-spectrin on distal mouse chromosome 1. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1987;45:52-4 pubmed..Studies of five recombinant inbred strains and (C57BL/6 X M. spretus) F1 X C57BL/6 backcross mice demonstrated that these RFLPs were allelic and that Spna-1 is closely linked to Ly-9 and Ly-17 on the distal region of chromosome 1. ..
- Skow L. Location of a gene controlling electrophoretic variation in mouse gamma-crystallins. Exp Eye Res. 1982;34:509-16 pubmed
- Patton D, Plumb A, Redpath S, Osborne L, Perona Wright G, Abraham N. The development and survival but not function of follicular B cells is dependent on IL-7R? Tyr449 signaling. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88771 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this suggests that IL-7 regulates follicular B cell numbers and survival in a cell-extrinsic manner, via a bone-marrow derived cell, but is not critical for antibody production outside the gut. ..
- Wilcox F, Hirschhorn L, Taylor B, Womack J, Roderick T. Genetic variation in alkaline phosphatase of the house mouse (Mus musculus) with emphasis on a manganese-requiring isozyme. Biochem Genet. 1979;17:1093-107 pubmed..6 +/- 2.9 cM from the M1s locus on the side distal to the centromere. Test-cross data show the following gene order and recombination percentages: Dip-1 19.0 +/- 3.8% Lp 7.4 +/- 2.2% Akp-1. ..
- Ensan S, Li A, Besla R, Degousee N, Cosme J, Roufaiel M, et al. Self-renewing resident arterial macrophages arise from embryonic CX3CR1(+) precursors and circulating monocytes immediately after birth. Nat Immunol. 2016;17:159-68 pubmed publisher..After infection, arterial macrophages return rapidly to functional homeostasis. Finally, survival of resident arterial macrophages depends on a CX3CR1-CX3CL1 axis within the vascular niche. ..
- Green S, Steinberg D, Quehenberger O. Cloning and expression in Xenopus oocytes of a mouse homologue of the human acylcoenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase and its potential role in metabolism of oxidized LDL. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;218:924-9 pubmed..Injection of ACAT mRNA into oocytes induced specific binding of OxLDL. ACAT is expressed in mouse macrophages as a approximately 3.6 kB transcript and the expression is upregulated in human THP-1 cells treated with PMA. ..
- Higgins M, Hill R, West J. Dominant hemimelia and En-1 on mouse chromosome 1 are not allelic. Genet Res. 1992;60:53-60 pubmed..The likely gene order and recombination frequencies of these loci are: ln (5.2 +/- 0.9) Emv-17 (1.1 +/- 0.4) Dh (0.7 +/- 0.4) En-1 (3.0 +/- 0.7) Pep-3. This shows that Dh is not a mutant allele of En-1. ..
- Hupp K, Siwarski D, Mock B, Kinet J. Gene mapping of the three subunits of the high affinity FcR for IgE to mouse chromosomes 1 and 19. J Immunol. 1989;143:3787-91 pubmed..The close association of the genes for Fc epsilon RI alpha, FC gamma RII, and their shared gamma subunits raises interesting implications regarding coordinate regulation of gene expression. ..
- Schafer R, Doehmer J, Rademacher I, Willecke K. Assignment of the gene for cytoplasmic glutamate-oxaloacetate transaminase to mouse chromosome 19 using chinese hamster x mouse somatic cell hybrids. Somatic Cell Genet. 1980;6:709-17 pubmed..The appearance of a heteropolymeric band in hybrid cells expressing mouse GOT-1 suggests that this enzyme molecule is probably composed of two subunits. ..
- Ataera H, Simkins H, Hyde E, Yang J, Hermans I, Petersen T, et al. The control of CD8+ T cell responses is preserved in perforin-deficient mice and released by depletion of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;94:825-33 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that perforin expression is not required for normal immune regulation in these models of in vivo CD8(+) T cell responses induced by immunization with OVA and ?-GalCer or DC-OVA. ..
- Somerville T, Wiseman D, Spencer G, Huang X, Lynch J, Leong H, et al. Frequent Derepression of the Mesenchymal Transcription Factor Gene FOXC1 in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Cancer Cell. 2015;28:329-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, FOXC1 is frequently derepressed to functional effect in human AML. ..
- Scheid M, Landreth K, Tung J, Kincade P. Preferential but nonexclusive expression of macromolecular antigens on B-lineage cells. Immunol Rev. 1982;69:141-59 pubmed
- Beamer W, Cunliffe Beamer T, Shultz K, Langley S, Roderick T. Juvenile spermatogonial depletion (jsd): a genetic defect of germ cell proliferation of male mice. Biol Reprod. 1988;38:899-908 pubmed..We hypothesize the jsd/jsd male may be deficient in proliferative signals from Sertoli cells that are needed for spermatogenesis. ..
- Kitano M, Moriyama S, Ando Y, Hikida M, Mori Y, Kurosaki T, et al. Bcl6 protein expression shapes pre-germinal center B cell dynamics and follicular helper T cell heterogeneity. Immunity. 2011;34:961-72 pubmed publisher..These results clarify the role of Bcl6 in pre-GC B cell dynamics and highlight the modulation of Bcl6 expression in Tfh cells that persist in the late phase of the antibody response. ..
- Dickinson D, Gross K, Piccini N, Wilson C. Evolution and variation of renin genes in mice. Genetics. 1984;108:651-67 pubmed..spretus (2.75-5.5 million yr ago). This conclusion is in agreement with a prior estimate based upon comparative sequence analysis of Ren-1 and Ren-2 from inbred laboratory mice. ..
- Bruns I, Lucas D, Pinho S, Ahmed J, Lambert M, Kunisaki Y, et al. Megakaryocytes regulate hematopoietic stem cell quiescence through CXCL4 secretion. Nat Med. 2014;20:1315-20 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a terminally differentiated cell type derived from HSCs contributes to the HSC niche, directly regulating HSC behavior. ..
- de Andres Aguayo L, Varas F, Kallin E, Infante J, Wurst W, Floss T, et al. Musashi 2 is a regulator of the HSC compartment identified by a retroviral insertion screen and knockout mice. Blood. 2011;118:554-64 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Msi2 maintains the stem cell compartment mainly by regulating the proliferation of primitive progenitors downstream of LT-HSCs. ..
- Moebius J, Van Den Broek M, Groettrup M, Basler M. Immunoproteasomes are essential for survival and expansion of T cells in virus-infected mice. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:3439-49 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the immunoproteasome may qualify as a potential new target for the suppression of undesired proinflammatory T-cell responses. ..
- Jang Y, Gerbec Z, Won T, Choi B, Podsiad A, B Moore B, et al. Cutting Edge: Check Your Mice-A Point Mutation in the Ncr1 Locus Identified in CD45.1 Congenic Mice with Consequences in Mouse Susceptibility to Infection. J Immunol. 2018;200:1982-1987 pubmed publisherB6.SJL-Ptprca Pepcb /Boy (CD45.1) mice have been used in hundreds of congenic competitive transplants, with the presumption that they differ from C57BL/6 mice only at the CD45 locus...
- Michalides R, Verstraeten R, Shen F, Hilgers J. Characterization and chromosomal distribution of endogenous mouse mammary tumor viruses of European mouse strains STS/A and GR/A. Virology. 1985;142:278-90 pubmed..R. Callahan, D. Gallahan, and Ch. Kozak (1984), J. Virol. 49, 1005-1008). GR and GR.Mtv-2 furthermore contain two incomplete MMTV proviral elements, one of which is also present in STS/A. ..
- Lafuse W, Zwilling B. Localization of the inhibin beta B gene on mouse chromosome 1. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:399-400 pubmed
- MacInnes J, Morris V, Flintoff W, Kozak C. Characterization and chromosomal location of endogenous mouse mammary tumor virus loci in GR, NFS, and DBA mice. Virology. 1984;132:12-25 pubmed
- Gazit R, Mandal P, Ebina W, Ben Zvi A, Nombela Arrieta C, Silberstein L, et al. Fgd5 identifies hematopoietic stem cells in the murine bone marrow. J Exp Med. 2014;211:1315-31 pubmed publisher..In summary, reporter expression from the Fgd5 locus permits identification and purification of HSCs based on single-color fluorescence. ..
- Potter M, O Brien A, Skamene E, Gros P, Forget A, Kongshavn P, et al. A BALB/c congenic strain of mice that carries a genetic locus (Ityr) controlling resistance to intracellular parasites. Infect Immun. 1983;40:1234-5 pubmed..BALB/c.DBA/2 Idh-1b-Ityr-Pep-3b mice were resistant to in vivo infections by Salmonella typhimurium, Mycobacterium bovis, and Leishmania donovani. ..
- Kozak C. Susceptibility of wild mouse cells to exogenous infection with xenotropic leukemia viruses: control by a single dominant locus on chromosome 1. J Virol. 1985;55:690-5 pubmed
- Joyner A, Martin G. En-1 and En-2, two mouse genes with sequence homology to the Drosophila engrailed gene: expression during embryogenesis. Genes Dev. 1987;1:29-38 pubmed..Both genes map in the vicinity of mutations that are known to cause abnormalities during development. ..
- Bradley D, Taylor B, Blackwell J, Evans E, Freeman J. Regulation of Leishmania populations within the host. III. Mapping of the locus controlling susceptibility to visceral leishmaniasis in the mouse. Clin Exp Immunol. 1979;37:7-14 pubmed..The data indicate that the gene order is centromere-Lsh-Id-1-ln-Dip-1. The estimated recombination frequency between Lsh and Id-1 is 0.12 +/- 0.04. This mapping is away from the known histocompatibility loci. ..
- Mock B, Givol D, D Hoostelaere L, Huppi K, Seldin M, Gurfinkel N, et al. Mapping of the bcl-2 oncogene on mouse chromosome 1. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1988;47:11-5 pubmed..The co-segregation of bcl-2 alleles with allelic forms of two other chromosome 1 loci, Ren-1,2 and Spna-1, in a set of back-cross progeny, positions bcl-2 7.8 cM centromeric from Ren-1,2. ..
- Chang B, Heckenlively J, Hawes N, Roderick T. New mouse primary retinal degeneration (rd-3). Genomics. 1993;16:45-9 pubmed..5 cM distal to Akp-1. Homology mapping suggests that the homologous human locus should be on chromosome 1q. ..
- Mathieu C, Beltra J, Charpentier T, Bourbonnais S, Di Santo J, Lamarre A, et al. IL-2 and IL-15 regulate CD8+ memory T-cell differentiation but are dispensable for protective recall responses. Eur J Immunol. 2015;45:3324-38 pubmed publisher..Globally, these results indicate that lack of IL-2 and IL-15 signaling modulates the CD8(+) T-cell differentiation program but does not impede adequate effector functions. ..
- Datta S, Owen F, Womack J, Riblet R. Analysis of recombinant inbred lines derived from "autoimmune" (NZB) and "high leukemia" (C58) strains: independent multigenic systems control B cell hyperactivity, retrovirus expression, and autoimmunity. J Immunol. 1982;129:1539-44 pubmed
- Janowska Wieczorek A, Majka M, Kijowski J, Baj Krzyworzeka M, Reca R, Turner A, et al. Platelet-derived microparticles bind to hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells and enhance their engraftment. Blood. 2001;98:3143-9 pubmed..These findings indicate a new role for PMPs in stem cell transplantation and may have clinical implications for the optimization of transplantations. ..
- Schoedel K, Morcos M, Zerjatke T, Roeder I, Grinenko T, Voehringer D, et al. The bulk of the hematopoietic stem cell population is dispensable for murine steady-state and stress hematopoiesis. Blood. 2016;128:2285-2296 pubmed publisher..Hence, a contracted HSC compartment cannot recover in situ to its original size, and normal steady-state blood cell generation is sustained with <10% of normal LT-HSC numbers without increased contribution of the few residual cells. ..
- Yang G, Hisha H, Cui Y, Fan T, Jin T, Li Q, et al. A new assay method for late CFU-S formation and long-term reconstituting activity using a small number of pluripotent hemopoietic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2002;20:241-8 pubmed..This new assay method using a small number of cells would be of great advantage for clarifying which cells are truly P-HSCs. ..
- Elliott R, Barlow D, Hogan B. Linkage of genes for laminin B1 and B2 subunits on chromosome 1 in mouse. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol. 1985;21:477-84 pubmed..4 +/- 3.2 cM distal to the Pep-3 locus. There is no evidence in the mouse for pseudogenes for these proteins. ..
- Kozak C, Rowe W. Genetic mapping of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in five mouse strains. J Exp Med. 1980;152:219-28 pubmed..An analysis of the hamster X mouse somatic cell hybrids indicated that chromosome 1, alone, was sufficient for virus induction. ..
- Masson F, Minnich M, Olshansky M, Bilic I, Mount A, Kallies A, et al. Id2-mediated inhibition of E2A represses memory CD8+ T cell differentiation. J Immunol. 2013;190:4585-94 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that the Id2/E2A axis orchestrates T cell differentiation through the induction or repression of downstream transcription factors essential for effector and memory T cell differentiation. ..
- Basu S, Ray A, Dittel B. Cannabinoid receptor 2 is critical for the homing and retention of marginal zone B lineage cells and for efficient T-independent immune responses. J Immunol. 2011;187:5720-32 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that CB2 positively regulates T-independent immune responses by controlling the localization and positioning of MZ lineage cells to the MZ. ..
- Tada N, Kimura S, Liu Lam Y, Hammerling U. Mouse alloantigen system Ly-m22 predominantly expressed on T lymphocytes and controlled by a gene linked to M1s region on chromosome 1. Hybridoma. 1983;2:29-38 pubmed..Analysis of BXD and SWXL recombinant inbred strains revealed close linkage between Ly-m22 and Ltw-4 loci on chromosome 1. The estimated recombination frequency is 0.027 +/- 0.081. ..
- Huppi K, Bhatia K, Siwarski D, Klinman D, Cherney B, Smulson M. Sequence and organization of the mouse poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:3387-401 pubmed..Furthermore, ADPRP is closely associated with the autoimmune locus gld (generalized lymphadenopathy). ..
- So T, Soroosh P, Eun S, Altman A, Croft M. Antigen-independent signalosome of CARMA1, PKC?, and TNF receptor-associated factor 2 (TRAF2) determines NF-?B signaling in T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2903-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, by recruiting TCR-related intracellular molecules into the TRAF2 complex, OX40 provides the T cell with a high level of NF-?B activity needed for longevity. ..
- Lemaire L, Johnson K, Bammer S, Petry P, Ruddle F, Heinlein U. Chromosomal assignment of three novel mouse genes expressed in testicular cells. Genomics. 1994;21:409-14 pubmed
- Rabenstein H, Behrendt A, Ellwart J, Naumann R, Horsch M, Beckers J, et al. Differential kinetics of antigen dependency of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2014;192:3507-17 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate that CD4+ T cells require continuous stimulation for clonal expansion, whereas CD8+ T cells can divide following a much shorter TCR signal. ..
- Potter M, Sanford K, Parshad R, Tarone R, Price F, Mock B, et al. Genes on chromosomes 1 and 4 in the mouse are associated with repair of radiation-induced chromatin damage. Genomics. 1988;2:257-62 pubmed
- Sun S, Xia S, Ji Y, Kersten S, Qi L. The ATP-P2X7 signaling axis is dispensable for obesity-associated inflammasome activation in adipose tissue. Diabetes. 2012;61:1471-8 pubmed publisher..The nature of the inflammasome-activating danger signal(s) in adipose tissue in obesity remains to be characterized. ..
- Kozak C, Nichols E, Ruddle F. Gene linkage analysis in the mouse by somatic cell hybridization: assignment of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase to chromosome 8 and alpha-galactosidase to the X chromosome. Somatic Cell Genet. 1975;1:371-82 pubmed..All other isozymes examined segregated independently of one another. ..
- Collins N, Jiang X, Zaid A, Macleod B, Li J, Park C, et al. Skin CD4(+) memory T cells exhibit combined cluster-mediated retention and equilibration with the circulation. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11514 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a complex pattern of tissue-retention and equilibration for CD4(+) memory T cells in skin, which is altered by infection and inflammation history. ..
- Chapman V, Ruddle F, Roderick T. Linkage of isozyyme loci in the mouse: phosphoglucomutase-2 (Pgm-2), mitochondrial NADP malate dehydrogenase (Mod-2), and dipeptidase-1 (Dip-1). Biochem Genet. 1971;5:101-10 pubmed
- Taylor B, Meier H. Mapping the adrenal lipid depletion gene of the AKR/J mouse strain. Genet Res. 1975;26:307-12 pubmed
- Huber S, Hoffmann R, Muskens F, Voehringer D. Alternatively activated macrophages inhibit T-cell proliferation by Stat6-dependent expression of PD-L2. Blood. 2010;116:3311-20 pubmed publisher..In vivo blockade of PD-L2 during N brasiliensis infection caused an enhanced Th2 response in the lung, indicating that AAM inhibit Th2 cells by expression of PD-L2. ..
- Zebedee S, Barritt D, Epstein R, Raschke W. Analysis of Ly5 chromosome 1 position using allelic differences and recombinant inbred mice. Eur J Immunogenet. 1991;18:155-63 pubmed..Placement of the Ly5 gene with respect to other characterized markers of mouse chromosome 1 for these recombinant inbred mouse strains shows a gene order of Idh-1:Ity:Pep3:[Ly5, Cfh].
- Ocana Morgner C, Götz A, Wahren C, Jessberger R. SWAP-70 restricts spontaneous maturation of dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2013;190:5545-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, SWAP-70 deficiency reveals two pathways that contribute to spontaneous maturation of DCs. ..
- Nagashima H, Okuyama Y, Asao A, Kawabe T, Yamaki S, Nakano H, et al. The adaptor TRAF5 limits the differentiation of inflammatory CD4(+) T cells by antagonizing signaling via the receptor for IL-6. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:449-56 pubmed publisher..Our results identify TRAF5 as a negative regulator of the IL-6 receptor signaling pathway that limits the induction of proinflammatory CD4(+) T cells that require IL-6 for their development. ..