Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdlim2
Description: PDZ and LIM domain 2
Alias: 4732462F18Rik, Slim, PDZ and LIM domain protein 2, PDZ-LIM protein mystique, STAT-interacting LIM protein, mystique
- PDLIM2 inhibits T helper 17 cell development and granulomatous inflammation through degradation of STAT3Takashi Tanaka
Laboratory for Inflammatory Regulation, RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Sci Signal 4:ra85. 2011..Here, we report that the PDZ-LIM domain protein PDLIM2 inhibited TH17 cell development and granulomatous responses by acting as a nuclear ubiquitin E3 ligase that ..
- Pdlim2 is a novel actin-regulating protein of podocyte foot processesLaleh Sistani
Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Kidney Int 80:1045-54. 2011..In an effort to discover novel regulatory proteins of the podocyte foot process, we identified and characterized pdlim2, a member of the actin-associated LIM protein subfamily of cytosolic proteins typified by an N-terminal PDZ domain ..
- Osteopontin and protein kinase C regulate PDLIM2 activation and STAT1 ubiquitination in LPS-treated murine macrophagesHongtao Guo
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 285:37787-96. 2010..that osteopontin (OPN) increased STAT1 ubiquitination and 26 S proteasome degradation via the ubiquitin E3 ligase, PDLIM2. In this study, we further characterize OPN-dependent activation of PDLIM2 in a model of LPS-stimulated RAW264...
- DNA methylation-dependent repression of PDZ-LIM domain-containing protein 2 in colon cancer and its role as a potential therapeutic targetZhaoxia Qu
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 70:1766-72. 2010..Here, we report that PDLIM2, an essential terminator of NF-kappaB activation, is repressed in various human colorectal cancer cell lines, ..
- PKR-mediated degradation of STAT1 regulates osteoblast differentiationKaya Yoshida
Department of Fundamental Oral Health Science, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Kuramoto, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Exp Cell Res 315:2105-14. 2009..The expression and degradation of STAT1 protein were regulated by PKR in a SLIM-dependent pathway...
- Sequestration of PDLIM2 in the cytoplasm of monocytic/macrophage cells is associated with adhesion and increased nuclear activity of NF-kappaBNollaig C Healy
Department of Biochemistry, Biosciences Institute, University College, Cork, Ireland
J Leukoc Biol 85:481-90. 2009PDLIM2 (Mystique/SLIM) is a postsynaptic density-95/discs large/zonula occludens-1-Lin-11, Isl-1, Mec-3 (PDZ-LIM) domain protein expressed in the nucleus of T lymphocytes, where it promotes degradation of the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB...
- Osteopontin regulates ubiquitin-dependent degradation of Stat1 in murine mammary epithelial tumor cellsChengjiang Gao
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neoplasia 9:699-706. 2007..However, the molecular mechanisms that define the role of OPN in tumor progression and metastasis are incompletely understood...
- PDLIM2-mediated termination of transcription factor NF-kappaB activation by intranuclear sequestration and degradation of the p65 subunitTakashi Tanaka
Laboratory for Host Defense, RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Nat Immunol 8:584-91. 2007..How NF-kappaB activation is terminated, however, is not fully understood. Here we report that PDLIM2 negatively regulated NF-kappaB activity, acting as a nuclear ubiquitin E3 ligase targeting the p65 subunit of NF-..
- Microarray analysis detects differentially expressed genes in the pharyngeal region of mice lacking Tbx1Sarah Ivins
Molecular Medicine Unit, Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Dev Biol 285:554-69. 2005..These experiments highlight which genes and pathways potentially affected by lack of Tbx1, and whose role may be explored further by testing for epistasis using mouse mutants...
- SLIM is a nuclear ubiquitin E3 ligase that negatively regulates STAT signalingTakashi Tanaka
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 22:729-36. 2005..We show that SLIM is an ubiquitin E3 ligase that acts on STAT proteins to cause their proteosome-mediated degradation and enhance ..
- Mystique is a new insulin-like growth factor-I-regulated PDZ-LIM domain protein that promotes cell attachment and migration and suppresses Anchorage-independent growthGary Loughran
Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Biosciences Institute, National University of Ireland, Cork, Ireland
Mol Biol Cell 16:1811-22. 2005..null cell fibroblast cell line (R- cells) with cells overexpressing the IGF-IR (R+ cells), we identified the Mystique gene expressed as alternatively spliced variants. The human homologue of Mystique is located on chromosome 8p21...