Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdlim2
Description: PDZ and LIM domain 2
Alias: 4732462F18Rik, Slim, PDZ and LIM domain protein 2, PDZ-LIM protein mystique, STAT-interacting LIM protein, mystique
- Ivins S, Lammerts van Beuren K, Roberts C, James C, Lindsay E, Baldini A, et al. Microarray analysis detects differentially expressed genes in the pharyngeal region of mice lacking Tbx1. Dev Biol. 2005;285:554-69 pubmed..These experiments highlight which genes and pathways potentially affected by lack of Tbx1, and whose role may be explored further by testing for epistasis using mouse mutants. ..
- Tanaka T, Grusby M, Kaisho T. PDLIM2-mediated termination of transcription factor NF-kappaB activation by intranuclear sequestration and degradation of the p65 subunit. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:584-91 pubmed..How NF-kappaB activation is terminated, however, is not fully understood. Here we report that PDLIM2 negatively regulated NF-kappaB activity, acting as a nuclear ubiquitin E3 ligase targeting the p65 subunit of NF-..
- Tanaka T, Shibazaki A, Ono R, Kaisho T. HSP70 mediates degradation of the p65 subunit of nuclear factor ?B to inhibit inflammatory signaling. Sci Signal. 2014;7:ra119 pubmed publisherThe nuclear PDZ-LIM domain protein PDLIM2 acts as a ubiquitin E3 ligase that targets the p65 subunit of the transcription factor nuclear factor ?B (NF-?B) for degradation, thus preventing excessive inflammatory responses...
- Loughran G, Healy N, Kiely P, Huigsloot M, Kedersha N, O Connor R. Mystique is a new insulin-like growth factor-I-regulated PDZ-LIM domain protein that promotes cell attachment and migration and suppresses Anchorage-independent growth. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1811-22 pubmed..null cell fibroblast cell line (R- cells) with cells overexpressing the IGF-IR (R+ cells), we identified the Mystique gene expressed as alternatively spliced variants. The human homologue of Mystique is located on chromosome 8p21...
- Yoshida K, Okamura H, Amorim B, Hinode D, Yoshida H, Haneji T. PKR-mediated degradation of STAT1 regulates osteoblast differentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2105-14 pubmed publisher..The expression and degradation of STAT1 protein were regulated by PKR in a SLIM-dependent pathway...
- Sistani L, Dunér F, Udumala S, Hultenby K, Uhlen M, Betsholtz C, et al. Pdlim2 is a novel actin-regulating protein of podocyte foot processes. Kidney Int. 2011;80:1045-54 pubmed publisher..In an effort to discover novel regulatory proteins of the podocyte foot process, we identified and characterized pdlim2, a member of the actin-associated LIM protein subfamily of cytosolic proteins typified by an N-terminal PDZ domain ..
- Jin M, Lv P, Chen G, Wang P, Zuo Z, Ren L, et al. Klotho ameliorates cyclosporine A-induced nephropathy via PDLIM2/NF-kB p65 signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:451-457 pubmed publisher..In addition, the overexpression of Klotho led to increase in the expression of PDLIM2, decreased in the amount of NF-kB p65, and inhibited the production of inflammatory cytokines (TNF?, IL-6, IL-12) ..
- Tanaka T, Soriano M, Grusby M. SLIM is a nuclear ubiquitin E3 ligase that negatively regulates STAT signaling. Immunity. 2005;22:729-36 pubmed..We show that SLIM is an ubiquitin E3 ligase that acts on STAT proteins to cause their proteosome-mediated degradation and enhance ..
- Healy N, O Connor R. Sequestration of PDLIM2 in the cytoplasm of monocytic/macrophage cells is associated with adhesion and increased nuclear activity of NF-kappaB. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;85:481-90 pubmed publisherPDLIM2 (Mystique/SLIM) is a postsynaptic density-95/discs large/zonula occludens-1-Lin-11, Isl-1, Mec-3 (PDZ-LIM) domain protein expressed in the nucleus of T lymphocytes, where it promotes degradation of the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB...
- Tanaka T, Yamamoto Y, Muromoto R, Ikeda O, Sekine Y, Grusby M, et al. PDLIM2 inhibits T helper 17 cell development and granulomatous inflammation through degradation of STAT3. Sci Signal. 2011;4:ra85 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that the PDZ-LIM domain protein PDLIM2 inhibited TH17 cell development and granulomatous responses by acting as a nuclear ubiquitin E3 ligase that ..
- Gao C, Mi Z, Guo H, Kuo P. Osteopontin regulates ubiquitin-dependent degradation of Stat1 in murine mammary epithelial tumor cells. Neoplasia. 2007;9:699-706 pubmed..This relationship between OPN and Stat1 in the context of tumor biology has not been previously examined. ..
- Qu Z, Yan P, Fu J, Jiang J, Grusby M, Smithgall T, et al. DNA methylation-dependent repression of PDZ-LIM domain-containing protein 2 in colon cancer and its role as a potential therapeutic target. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1766-72 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that PDLIM2, an essential terminator of NF-kappaB activation, is repressed in various human colorectal cancer cell lines, ..