Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdgfrb
Description: platelet derived growth factor receptor, beta polypeptide
Alias: AI528809, CD140b, PDGFR-1, Pdgfr, platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta, CD140 antigen-like family member B, PDGF beta chain, PDGF-R-beta, PDGFR-beta, beta platelet-derived growth factor receptor, beta-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor, platelet-derived growth factor receptor 1, platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta variant 1
- Lindahl P, Hellstrom M, Kalén M, Karlsson L, Pekny M, Pekna M, et al. Paracrine PDGF-B/PDGF-Rbeta signaling controls mesangial cell development in kidney glomeruli. Development. 1998;125:3313-22 pubmed
- Ohi Y, Ishii Y, Haji A, Noguchi S, Sasaoka T, Fujimori T, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-BB inhibits AMPA receptor-mediated synaptic transmission via PDGF receptor-beta in murine nucleus tractus solitarius. Brain Res. 2007;1159:77-85 pubmedAlthough platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-BB activates PDGF receptor-beta (PDGFR-beta) and, in turn, inhibits the glutamate N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor function, whether PDGF-BB modulates the CNS function mediated by ..
- Tallquist M, Klinghoffer R, Heuchel R, Mueting Nelsen P, Corrin P, Heldin C, et al. Retention of PDGFR-beta function in mice in the absence of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase and phospholipase Cgamma signaling pathways. Genes Dev. 2000;14:3179-90 pubmedSignal transduction by the platelet-derived growth-factor receptor beta (PDGFR-beta) tyrosine kinase is required for proper formation of vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC)...
- Heuchel R, Berg A, Tallquist M, Ahlen K, Reed R, Rubin K, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor beta receptor regulates interstitial fluid homeostasis through phosphatidylinositol-3' kinase signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11410-5 pubmed..Taken together, these observations suggest a function for PDGF signaling through PI3K in interstitial fluid homeostasis by modulating the tension between cells and extracellular matrix structures. ..
- Seifert R, Alpers C, Bowen Pope D. Expression of platelet-derived growth factor and its receptors in the developing and adult mouse kidney. Kidney Int. 1998;54:731-46 pubmed
- Ishii Y, Oya T, Zheng L, Gao Z, Kawaguchi M, Sabit H, et al. Mouse brains deficient in neuronal PDGF receptor-beta develop normally but are vulnerable to injury. J Neurochem. 2006;98:588-600 pubmed..Here, we developed novel mutant mice in which the gene encoding the beta subunit of PDGFR (PDGFR-beta) was genetically deleted in CNS neurons to elucidate the role of PDGFR-beta, particularly in the post-..
- Kundra V, Escobedo J, Kazlauskas A, Kim H, Rhee S, Williams L, et al. Regulation of chemotaxis by the platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta. Nature. 1994;367:474-6 pubmed..Upon stimulation, the tyrosine kinase PDGF receptor-beta (PDGFR-beta) autophosphorylates and forms a complex that includes SII2(Src homology 2)-domain-containing proteins such as ..
- Claesson Welsh L. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor signals. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:32023-6 pubmed
- Lindahl P, Johansson B, Leveen P, Betsholtz C. Pericyte loss and microaneurysm formation in PDGF-B-deficient mice. Science. 1997;277:242-5 pubmed..Pericytes may contribute to the mechanical stability of the capillary wall. Comparisons made between PDGF null mouse phenotypes suggest a general role for PDGFs in the development of myofibroblasts. ..
- Foo S, Turner C, Adams S, Compagni A, Aubyn D, Kogata N, et al. Ephrin-B2 controls cell motility and adhesion during blood-vessel-wall assembly. Cell. 2006;124:161-73 pubmed..Our results indicate that the role of ephrin-B2 and EphB receptors in these processes involves Crk-p130(CAS) signaling and suggest that ephrin-B2 has some cell-cell-contact-independent functions. ..
- Song S, Ewald A, Stallcup W, Werb Z, Bergers G. PDGFRbeta+ perivascular progenitor cells in tumours regulate pericyte differentiation and vascular survival. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:870-9 pubmed
- Ohlsson R, Falck P, Hellstrom M, Lindahl P, Bostrom H, Franklin G, et al. PDGFB regulates the development of the labyrinthine layer of the mouse fetal placenta. Dev Biol. 1999;212:124-36 pubmed..We point out that the roles of PDGFB/Rbeta signaling in the placenta may be analogous to those in the developing kidney, by controlling pericytes in the labyrinthine layer and mesangial cells in the kidney. ..
- Rajkumar V, Shiwen X, Bostrom M, Leoni P, Muddle J, Ivarsson M, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor-beta receptor activation is essential for fibroblast and pericyte recruitment during cutaneous wound healing. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:2254-65 pubmed..platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta blockade in vivo using the platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR)-beta inhibitor imatinib mesylate on tissue repair...
- Chiara F, Goumans M, Forsberg H, Ahgren A, Rasola A, Aspenstrom P, et al. A gain of function mutation in the activation loop of platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor deregulates its kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42516-27 pubmed..Our findings support a model whereby an activating point mutation results in a deregulated PDGFRbeta with oncogenic predisposition. ..
- Bondjers C, He L, Takemoto M, Norlin J, Asker N, Hellstrom M, et al. Microarray analysis of blood microvessels from PDGF-B and PDGF-Rbeta mutant mice identifies novel markers for brain pericytes. FASEB J. 2006;20:1703-5 pubmed..The three new brain pericyte markers are signaling molecules implicated in ion transport and intercellular signaling, potentially opening new windows on pericyte function in brain microvessels...
- Zheng L, Ishii Y, Tokunaga A, Hamashima T, Shen J, Zhao Q, et al. Neuroprotective effects of PDGF against oxidative stress and the signaling pathway involved. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1273-84 pubmed publisher..The specific function of the PDGF beta-receptor (PDGFR-beta) was examined by the selective deletion of the corresponding gene using the Cre-loxP system in vitro...
- Gao Z, Sasaoka T, Fujimori T, Oya T, Ishii Y, Sabit H, et al. Deletion of the PDGFR-beta gene affects key fibroblast functions important for wound healing. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9375-89 pubmedThis study provides new perspectives of the unique aspects of platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor (PDGFR-beta) signaling and biological responses through the establishment of a mutant mouse strain in which two loxP sequences ..
- Klinghoffer R, Hamilton T, Hoch R, Soriano P. An allelic series at the PDGFalphaR locus indicates unequal contributions of distinct signaling pathways during development. Dev Cell. 2002;2:103-13 pubmed..Our results indicate that PI3K has a predominant role in PDGFalphaR signaling in vivo and that RTK-activated signaling pathways execute both specific and overlapping functions during mammalian development. ..
- Ishii Y, Matsumoto Y, Watanabe R, Elmi M, Fujimori T, Nissen J, et al. Characterization of neuroprogenitor cells expressing the PDGF beta-receptor within the subventricular zone of postnatal mice. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:507-18 pubmed publisher..the ventricular and the subventricular zones (SVZ) of newborn mice to stain positive for the PDGF beta-receptor (PDGFRB)...
- Lee J, Yu Q, Shin J, Sebzda E, Bertozzi C, Chen M, et al. Klf2 is an essential regulator of vascular hemodynamic forces in vivo. Dev Cell. 2006;11:845-57 pubmed..These findings identify Klf2 as an essential hemodynamic regulator in vivo and suggest that hemodynamic regulation in response to fluid shear stress is required for cardiovascular development and function. ..
- Hellstrom M, Kalén M, Lindahl P, Abramsson A, Betsholtz C. Role of PDGF-B and PDGFR-beta in recruitment of vascular smooth muscle cells and pericytes during embryonic blood vessel formation in the mouse. Development. 1999;126:3047-55 pubmed..we used desmin and alpha-smooth muscle actin (ASMA) as markers to analyze vSMC/PC development in PDGF-B-/- and PDGFR-beta-/- embryos. Both mutants showed a site-specific reduction of desmin-positive pericytes and ASMA-positive vSMC...
- Rolny C, Nilsson I, Magnusson P, Armulik A, Jakobsson L, Wentzel P, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta promotes early endothelial cell differentiation. Blood. 2006;108:1877-86 pubmed..Here we present data indicating that early hematopoietic/endothelial (hemangio) precursors express PDGFR-beta based on coexpression with CD31, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2, and CD41 in 2 models: mouse ..
- Winkler E, Bell R, Zlokovic B. Pericyte-specific expression of PDGF beta receptor in mouse models with normal and deficient PDGF beta receptor signaling. Mol Neurodegener. 2010;5:32 pubmed publisher..Using mouse models lacking endothelial-secreted platelet derived growth factor-B (PDGF-B) or platelet derived growth factor receptor beta (PDGFR?) on pericytes, it has been demonstrated that PDGF-B/PDGFR? interactions mediate ..
- Plattner R, Koleske A, Kazlauskas A, Pendergast A. Bidirectional signaling links the Abelson kinases to the platelet-derived growth factor receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2573-83 pubmed..signals such as the platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and functions downstream of the PDGF-beta receptor (PDGFR) to mediate biological processes such as membrane ruffling, mitogenesis, and chemotaxis...
- Hellstrom M, Gerhardt H, Kalén M, Li X, Eriksson U, Wolburg H, et al. Lack of pericytes leads to endothelial hyperplasia and abnormal vascular morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:543-53 pubmed..Here, we addressed these issues using PDGF-B-- and PDGF receptor-beta (PDGFR-beta)--deficient mice as in vivo models of brain angiogenesis in the absence of PCs...
- Tallquist M, French W, Soriano P. Additive effects of PDGF receptor beta signaling pathways in vascular smooth muscle cell development. PLoS Biol. 2003;1:E52 pubmed..The combined in vivo and biochemical data suggest that the summation of pathways associated with the PDGFRbeta signal transduction determines the expansion of developing v/p cells. ..
- Daneman R, Zhou L, Kebede A, Barres B. Pericytes are required for blood-brain barrier integrity during embryogenesis. Nature. 2010;468:562-6 pubmed publisher..Analysing mice with null and hypomorphic alleles of Pdgfrb, which have defects in pericyte generation, we demonstrate that pericytes are necessary for the formation of the ..
- Bell R, Winkler E, Sagare A, Singh I, LaRue B, Deane R, et al. Pericytes control key neurovascular functions and neuronal phenotype in the adult brain and during brain aging. Neuron. 2010;68:409-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, pericytes control key neurovascular functions that are necessary for proper neuronal structure and function, and pericyte loss results in a progressive age-dependent vascular-mediated neurodegeneration. ..
- Klinghoffer R, Mueting Nelsen P, Faerman A, Shani M, Soriano P. The two PDGF receptors maintain conserved signaling in vivo despite divergent embryological functions. Mol Cell. 2001;7:343-54 pubmed..we have created two complementary lines of knockin mice in which the intracellular signaling domains of one PDGFR have been removed and replaced by those of the other PDGFR...
- Nguyen P, Nakamura T, Hori E, Urakawa S, Uwano T, Zhao J, et al. Cognitive and socio-emotional deficits in platelet-derived growth factor receptor-? gene knockout mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18004 pubmed publisherPlatelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) is a potent mitogen. Extensive in vivo studies of PDGF and its receptor (PDGFR) genes have reported that PDGF plays an important role in embryogenesis and development of the central nervous system (..
- Takabatake Y, Sugiyama T, Kohara H, Matsusaka T, Kurihara H, Koni P, et al. The CXCL12 (SDF-1)/CXCR4 axis is essential for the development of renal vasculature. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:1714-23 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CXCL12 secreted from stromal cells or podocytes acts on endothelial cells to regulate vascular development in the kidney. These findings suggest new potential therapeutic targets for remodeling the injured kidney. ..
- Mori K, Itoi M, Tsukamoto N, Amagai T. Foxn1 is essential for vascularization of the murine thymus anlage. Cell Immunol. 2010;260:66-9 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that Foxn1 dependent epithelial development is essential for vascularization of the thymus anlagen. ..
- Gustafsson E, Almonte Becerril M, Bloch W, Costell M. Perlecan maintains microvessel integrity in vivo and modulates their formation in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53715 pubmed publisher..Altogether these findings suggest that perlecan supports the maintenance of brain and skin subendothelial BMs and promotes vasculo- and angiogenesis by modulating FGF-2 function. ..
- Soriano P. Abnormal kidney development and hematological disorders in PDGF beta-receptor mutant mice. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1888-96 pubmed..These results indicate that whereas the beta receptor is essential in certain cell types during embryonic development, its broader role may be masked because of compensation by the alpha-subunit. ..
- Boyle S, Liu Z, Kopan R. Notch signaling is required for the formation of mesangial cells from a stromal mesenchyme precursor during kidney development. Development. 2014;141:346-54 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, Pdgfrb-positive VSMCs do not enter the vascular cleft and cannot rescue the mesangial deficiency...
- Yamamoto S, Fukumoto E, Yoshizaki K, Iwamoto T, Yamada A, Tanaka K, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor regulates salivary gland morphogenesis via fibroblast growth factor expression. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23139-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, PDGF signaling is a possible mechanism involved in the interaction between epithelial and neural crest-derived mesenchyme. ..
- Hou W, Liu I, Tsai C, Johnson F, Huang S, Huang J. CRSBP-1/LYVE-1 ligands disrupt lymphatic intercellular adhesion by inducing tyrosine phosphorylation and internalization of VE-cadherin. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1231-44 pubmed publisher..These results disclose a novel mechanism involved in the opening of lymphatic intercellular junctions. ..
- Seldin M, Rochelle J, Tomlinson M, Wright M. Mapping of the genes for four members of the transmembrane 4 superfamily: mouse Cd9, Cd63, Cd81, and Cd82. Immunogenetics. 1995;42:422-5 pubmed
- Abramsson A, Kurup S, Busse M, Yamada S, Lindblom P, Schallmeiner E, et al. Defective N-sulfation of heparan sulfate proteoglycans limits PDGF-BB binding and pericyte recruitment in vascular development. Genes Dev. 2007;21:316-31 pubmed
- Hutchins J, Jefferson V. Developmental distribution of platelet-derived growth factor in the mouse central nervous system. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1992;67:121-35 pubmed
- Strittmatter K, Pomeroy H, Marneros A. Targeting Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor ?(+) Scaffold Formation Inhibits Choroidal Neovascularization. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:1890-9 pubmed publisher..We have observed in a laser-induced model of CNV that a platelet-derived growth factor receptor ? positive (PDGFR?(+)) scaffold is formed before infiltration of neovessels into this scaffold to form CNV lesions, and that this ..
- Petrova T, Karpanen T, Norrmen C, Mellor R, Tamakoshi T, Finegold D, et al. Defective valves and abnormal mural cell recruitment underlie lymphatic vascular failure in lymphedema distichiasis. Nat Med. 2004;10:974-81 pubmed..Our results indicate that an abnormal interaction between the lymphatic endothelial cells and pericytes, as well as valve defects, underlie the pathogenesis of LD. ..
- Holgado Madruga M, Wong A. Gab1 is an integrator of cell death versus cell survival signals in oxidative stress. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4471-84 pubmed..This is the first report identifying Gab1 as a component in oxidative stress signaling and one that is required for JNK activation. ..
- Van Den Akker N, Winkel L, Nisancioglu M, Maas S, Wisse L, Armulik A, et al. PDGF-B signaling is important for murine cardiac development: its role in developing atrioventricular valves, coronaries, and cardiac innervation. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:494-503 pubmed publisherWe hypothesized that PDGF-B/PDGFR-beta-signaling is important in the cardiac contribution of epicardium-derived cells and cardiac neural crest, cell lineages crucial for heart development...
- He C, Medley S, Hu T, Hinsdale M, Lupu F, Virmani R, et al. PDGFRÎ² signalling regulates local inflammation and synergizes with hypercholesterolaemia to promote atherosclerosis. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7770 pubmed publisher..However, the direct effects of PDGF receptor Î² (PDGFRÎ²) activation on VSMCs have not been studied in the context of atherosclerosis...
- Nandadasa S, Nelson C, Apte S. ADAMTS9-Mediated Extracellular Matrix Dynamics Regulates Umbilical Cord Vascular Smooth Muscle Differentiation and Rotation. Cell Rep. 2015;11:1519-28 pubmed publisher..In Adamts9(Gt/Gt), we observed interference with PDGFRÎ² signaling via the mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase (MAPK/ERK) pathway, ..
- Hayashi H, Kunisada T, Takakura N, Aoki M, Mizuta K, Ito Y. Involvement of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta in maintenance of mesenchyme and sensory epithelium of the neonatal mouse inner ear. Hear Res. 2008;245:73-81 pubmed publisherPlatelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) signaling has been demonstrated to play a pivotal role in early embryonic development...
- Cuttler A, LeClair R, Stohn J, Wang Q, Sorenson C, Liaw L, et al. Characterization of Pdgfrb-Cre transgenic mice reveals reduction of ROSA26 reporter activity in remodeling arteries. Genesis. 2011;49:673-80 pubmed publisher..Cre recombinase under the control of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor-? promoter, referred to as Tg(Pdgfrb-Cre)(35Vli) ...
- Kisler K, Nelson A, Rege S, Ramanathan A, Wang Y, Ahuja A, et al. Pericyte degeneration leads to neurovascular uncoupling and limits oxygen supply to brain. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:406-416 pubmed publisher..Thus, pericyte degeneration as seen in neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's disease may contribute to neurovascular dysfunction and neurodegeneration associated with human disease. ..
- Tan M, Yan H, Li J, Li W, Fu Y, Chen W, et al. Thrombin Stimulated Platelet-Derived Exosomes Inhibit Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor-Beta Expression in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:2348-65 pubmed publisher..Platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta (PDGFR?) was a target of these miRNAs, and PDGFR? expression in vascular smooth muscle cells (SMCs) was inhibited ..
- Ulvmar M, Martínez Corral I, Stanczuk L, Makinen T. Pdgfrb-Cre targets lymphatic endothelial cells of both venous and non-venous origins. Genesis. 2016;54:350-8 pubmed publisherThe Pdgfrb-Cre line has been used as a tool to specifically target pericytes and vascular smooth muscle cells...
- Tu Y, Li F, Wu C. Nck-2, a novel Src homology2/3-containing adaptor protein that interacts with the LIM-only protein PINCH and components of growth factor receptor kinase-signaling pathways. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:3367-82 pubmed..These results identify a novel Nck-related SH2- and SH3-domain-containing protein and suggest that it may function as an adaptor protein connecting the growth factor receptor-signaling pathways with the integrin-signaling pathways. ..
- Huang W, Fridman Y, Bonfil R, Ustach C, Conley LaComb M, Wiesner C, et al. A novel function for platelet-derived growth factor D: induction of osteoclastic differentiation for intraosseous tumor growth. Oncogene. 2012;31:4527-35 pubmed publisherAlthough increasing evidence suggests a critical role for platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor ? (?-PDGFR) signaling in prostate cancer (PCa) progression, the precise roles of ?-PDGFR and PDGF isoform-specific cell signaling ..
- Mori R, Shaw T, Martin P. Molecular mechanisms linking wound inflammation and fibrosis: knockdown of osteopontin leads to rapid repair and reduced scarring. J Exp Med. 2008;205:43-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, OPN and PDGF are potential targets for therapeutic modulation of skin repair to improve healing rate and quality. ..
- Karlsson S, Kowanetz K, Sandin A, Persson C, Ostman A, Heldin C, et al. Loss of T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase induces recycling of the platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) beta-receptor but not the PDGF alpha-receptor. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4846-55 pubmed..Thus, loss of TC-PTP specifically redirects the PDGF beta-receptor toward rapid recycling, which is the first evidence of differential trafficking of PDGF receptor family members. ..
- Kawada K, Upadhyay G, Ferandon S, Janarthanan S, Hall M, Vilardaga J, et al. Cell migration is regulated by platelet-derived growth factor receptor endocytosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4508-18 pubmed publisher..This study revealed a new mechanism by which cell migration is regulated by PDGF receptor endocytosis. ..
- Pollizzi K, Malinowska Kolodziej I, Doughty C, Betz C, Ma J, Goto J, et al. A hypomorphic allele of Tsc2 highlights the role of TSC1/TSC2 in signaling to AKT and models mild human TSC2 alleles. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:2378-87 pubmed publisher..Tsc2-del3 mice also serve as a model for hypomorphic TSC2 missense mutations reported in TSC patients. ..
- Hosaka K, Yang Y, Seki T, Fischer C, Dubey O, Fredlund E, et al. Pericyte-fibroblast transition promotes tumor growth and metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5618-27 pubmed publisher..Gain- and loss-of-function experiments demonstrate that PDGF-BB-PDGFR? signaling promotes PFT both in vitro and in in vivo tumors...
- Bergsten E, Uutela M, Li X, Pietras K, Ostman A, Heldin C, et al. PDGF-D is a specific, protease-activated ligand for the PDGF beta-receptor. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:512-6 pubmed..The PDGF alpha-receptor (PDGFR-alpha) binds to all three PDGF chains, whereas the beta-receptor (PDGFR-beta) binds only to PDGF-B...
- Dagnell M, Frijhoff J, Pader I, Augsten M, Boivin B, Xu J, et al. Selective activation of oxidized PTP1B by the thioredoxin system modulates PDGF-? receptor tyrosine kinase signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:13398-403 pubmed publisher..The studies demonstrate a previously unrecognized pathway for selective redox-regulated control of receptor tyrosine kinase signaling. ..
- Takahashi T, Takahashi K, St John P, Fleming P, Tomemori T, Watanabe T, et al. A mutant receptor tyrosine phosphatase, CD148, causes defects in vascular development. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1817-31 pubmed..These findings implicate a member of the receptor tyrosine phosphatase family, CD148, in developmental vascular organization and provide evidence that it regulates endothelial proliferation and endothelium-pericyte interactions. ..
- Leid J, Carrelha J, Boukarabila H, Epelman S, Jacobsen S, Lavine K. Primitive Embryonic Macrophages are Required for Coronary Development and Maturation. Circ Res. 2016;118:1498-511 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that the embryonic heart contains distinct lineages of embryonic macrophages with unique functions and reveal a novel mechanism that governs coronary development. ..
- Jin S, Hansson E, Tikka S, Lanner F, Sahlgren C, Farnebo F, et al. Notch signaling regulates platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res. 2008;102:1483-91 pubmed publisher..platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) signaling, a key determinant of VSMC biology, and show that PDGF receptor (PDGFR)-beta is a novel immediate Notch target gene...
- Alonso G, Koegl M, Mazurenko N, Courtneidge S. Sequence requirements for binding of Src family tyrosine kinases to activated growth factor receptors. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:9840-8 pubmed..These observations support a model in which the enzymatic activity of Src family tyrosine kinases is controlled by intra- and intermolecular interactions of tyrosine-phosphorylated peptides with the SH2 domain of the kinases. ..
- Reddi A, Ying G, Duan L, Chen G, Dimri M, Douillard P, et al. Binding of Cbl to a phospholipase Cgamma1-docking site on platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta provides a dual mechanism of negative regulation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29336-47 pubmed..Cbl as an E3 ubiquitin ligase for ubiquitinylation and degradation of platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) alpha and PDGFRbeta...
- Nikolakopoulou A, Zhao Z, Montagne A, Zlokovic B. Regional early and progressive loss of brain pericytes but not vascular smooth muscle cells in adult mice with disrupted platelet-derived growth factor receptor-Î² signaling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176225 pubmed publisher..endothelial-derived platelet-derived growth factor BB (PDGF-BB) and platelet-derived growth factor receptor Î² (PDGFRÎ²) in pericytes have contributed to better understanding of the role of pericytes in the brain...
- Ieronimakis N, Hays A, Prasad A, Janebodin K, Duffield J, Reyes M. PDGFR? signalling promotes fibrogenic responses in collagen-producing cells in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J Pathol. 2016;240:410-424 pubmed publisher..b>PDGFR? is restricted to Sca1+, CD45- mesenchymal progenitors...
- Makihara N, Arimura K, Ago T, Tachibana M, Nishimura A, Nakamura K, et al. Involvement of platelet-derived growth factor receptor ? in fibrosis through extracellular matrix protein production after ischemic stroke. Exp Neurol. 2015;264:127-34 pubmed publisher..Here, we examined whether platelet-derived growth factor receptor ? (PDGFR?), a well-known indispensable molecule for migration, proliferation, and survival of pericytes, was involved in ..
- Takahashi Y, Morales F, Kreimann E, Georgescu M. PTEN tumor suppressor associates with NHERF proteins to attenuate PDGF receptor signaling. EMBO J. 2006;25:910-20 pubmed..NHERFs were shown to interact directly with platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR), and we demonstrate the assembly of a ternary complex between PTEN, NHERFs and PDGFR...
- Rampon C, Prandini M, Bouillot S, Pointu H, Tillet E, Frank R, et al. Protocadherin 12 (VE-cadherin 2) is expressed in endothelial, trophoblast, and mesangial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2005;302:48-60 pubmed..We conclude that PCDH12 has a unique expression pattern and that its deficiency does not lead to conspicuous abnormalities. Moreover, PCDH12 is the first specific marker for both glycogen-rich trophoblasts and mesangial cells. ..
- Shimizu N, Yamamoto K, Obi S, Kumagaya S, Masumura T, Shimano Y, et al. Cyclic strain induces mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation into vascular smooth muscle cells by activating PDGF receptor beta. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2008;104:766-72 pubmed publisher..The PDGF receptor beta (PDGFR beta) kinase inhibitor AG-1296 completely blocked the cyclic strain-induced increase in cell number and VSMC marker ..
- McCarty J, Monahan Earley R, Brown L, Keller M, Gerhardt H, Rubin K, et al. Defective associations between blood vessels and brain parenchyma lead to cerebral hemorrhage in mice lacking alphav integrins. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7667-77 pubmed..These data suggest a novel role for alphav integrins in the association between cerebral microvessels and central nervous system parenchymal cells. ..
- Fantauzzo K, Soriano P. PDGFR? regulates craniofacial development through homodimers and functional heterodimers with PDGFR?. Genes Dev. 2016;30:2443-2458 pubmed..and PDGFR? are coexpressed in the craniofacial mesenchyme of mid-gestation mouse embryos and that ablation of Pdgfrb in the neural crest lineage results in increased nasal septum width, delayed palatal shelf development, and ..
- Groman Lupa S, Adewumi J, Park K, Brzezinski Iv J. The Transcription Factor Prdm16 Marks a Single Retinal Ganglion Cell Subtype in the Mouse Retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5421-5433 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to determine the function of these ganglion cells and whether Prdm16 regulates their development. ..
- Pahara J, Shi H, Chen X, Wang Z. Dimerization drives PDGF receptor endocytosis through a C-terminal hydrophobic motif shared by EGF receptor. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2237-50 pubmed publisherLike many other receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs), platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor beta (PDGFR-beta) is internalized and degraded in lysosomes in response to PDGF stimulation, which regulates many aspects of cell signalling...
- Kozaki K, Kaminski W, Tang J, Hollenbach S, Lindahl P, Sullivan C, et al. Blockade of platelet-derived growth factor or its receptors transiently delays but does not prevent fibrous cap formation in ApoE null mice. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:1395-407 pubmed..Thus, elimination of PDGF-B from circulating cells or blockade of PDGF receptors does not appear sufficient to prevent smooth muscle accumulation in advanced lesions of atherosclerosis. ..
- Lindahl P, Karlsson L, Hellstrom M, Gebre Medhin S, Willetts K, Heath J, et al. Alveogenesis failure in PDGF-A-deficient mice is coupled to lack of distal spreading of alveolar smooth muscle cell progenitors during lung development. Development. 1997;124:3943-53 pubmed..We also propose that postnatal alveogenesis failure in PDGF-A(-/-) mice is due to a prenatal block in the distal spreading of PDGF-Ralpha+ cells along the tubular lung epithelium during the canalicular stage of lung development. ..
- Cortez E, Gladh H, Braun S, Bocci M, Cordero E, BjÃ¶rkstrÃ¶m N, et al. Functional malignant cell heterogeneity in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors revealed by targeting of PDGF-DD. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E864-73 pubmed publisher..Aberrant platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta (PDGFRÎ²) signaling in cancer has motivated the development of several antagonists currently in clinical use, including ..
- Huang J, Arsenault M, Kann M, Lopez Mendez C, Saleh M, Wadowska D, et al. The transcription factor Sry-related HMG box-4 (SOX4) is required for normal renal development in vivo. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:790-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate an essential requirement of Sox4 for normal renal development in vivo. ..
- He C, Medley S, Kim J, Sun C, Kwon H, Sakashita H, et al. STAT1 modulates tissue wasting or overgrowth downstream from PDGFRÎ². Genes Dev. 2017;31:1666-1678 pubmed publisher..Gain-of-function mutations in human PDGFRB have been linked recently to genetic diseases characterized by connective tissue wasting (Penttinen syndrome) ..
- Buchberg A, Brownell E, Nagata S, Jenkins N, Copeland N. A comprehensive genetic map of murine chromosome 11 reveals extensive linkage conservation between mouse and human. Genetics. 1989;122:153-61 pubmed..and the known linkage homologies that exist between murine chromosome 11 and human chromosomes (Mpo, Ngfr, Pdgfr and Fms). Two of the latter genes, Mpo and Ngfr, mapped to mouse chromosome 11...
- Baudhuin L, Jiang Y, Zaslavsky A, Ishii I, Chun J, Xu Y. S1P3-mediated Akt activation and cross-talk with platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR). FASEB J. 2004;18:341-3 pubmed..In addition, S1P-stimulated activation of Akt, but not ERK, was blocked by a PDGF receptor (PDGFR)-specific inhibitor, AG1296, suggesting a S1P3-mediated specific crosstalk between the Akt signaling pathways of ..