Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdgfb
Description: platelet derived growth factor, B polypeptide
Alias: PDGF-B, Sis, platelet-derived growth factor subunit B, PDGF subunit B, PDGF-2, c-sis, platelet-derived growth factor B chain, platelet-derived growth factor beta polypeptide, proto-oncogene c-Sis
- Soriano P. Abnormal kidney development and hematological disorders in PDGF beta-receptor mutant mice. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1888-96 pubmed..These results indicate that whereas the beta receptor is essential in certain cell types during embryonic development, its broader role may be masked because of compensation by the alpha-subunit. ..
- Enge M, Bjarnegard M, Gerhardt H, Gustafsson E, Kalén M, Asker N, et al. Endothelium-specific platelet-derived growth factor-B ablation mimics diabetic retinopathy. EMBO J. 2002;21:4307-16 pubmed..Our data suggest that a reduction of the pericyte density is sufficient to cause retinopathy in mice, implying that pericyte loss may also be a causal pathogenic event in human diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Seo M, Okamoto N, Vinores M, Vinores S, Hackett S, Yamada H, et al. Photoreceptor-specific expression of platelet-derived growth factor-B results in traction retinal detachment. Am J Pathol. 2000;157:995-1005 pubmed..They also provide a new model of traction retinal detachment that can be used to investigate new treatments for patients with proliferative retinopathies. ..
- Raines S, Richards O, Schneider L, Schueler K, Rabaglia M, Oler A, et al. Loss of PDGF-B activity increases hepatic vascular permeability and enhances insulin sensitivity. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011;301:E517-26 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study to connect PDGF-B-induced changes in hepatic sinusoidal transport to changes in insulin action, demonstrating a link between PDGF-B signaling and insulin sensitivity. ..
- Leveen P, Pekny M, Gebre Medhin S, Swolin B, Larsson E, Betsholtz C. Mice deficient for PDGF B show renal, cardiovascular, and hematological abnormalities. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1875-87 pubmed..We show here that mice deficient for PDGF B die perinatally and display several anatomical and histological abnormalities...
- Niklasson M, Bergström T, Zhang X, Gustafsdottir S, Sjogren M, Edqvist P, et al. Enlarged lateral ventricles and aberrant behavior in mice overexpressing PDGF-B in embryonic neural stem cells. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2779-89 pubmed publisher..Adult transgenic males, however, showed behavioral aberrations and locomotor dysfunction. Thus, a tightly regulated expression of PDGF during embryogenesis is required for normal brain development and function in mice. ..
- Hellstrom M, Kalén M, Lindahl P, Abramsson A, Betsholtz C. Role of PDGF-B and PDGFR-beta in recruitment of vascular smooth muscle cells and pericytes during embryonic blood vessel formation in the mouse. Development. 1999;126:3047-55 pubmed..Subsequent angiogenic sprouting and vessel enlargement involves PDGF-B-dependent vSMC/PC progenitor co-migration and proliferation, and/or PDGF-B-independent new induction of vSMC/PC, depending on tissue context. ..
- Appolloni I, Calzolari F, Tutucci E, Caviglia S, Terrile M, Corte G, et al. PDGF-B induces a homogeneous class of oligodendrogliomas from embryonic neural progenitors. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2251-9 pubmed publisher..However only PDGF-B-overexpressing cells are tumorigenic, indicating that paracrine signaling from the tumor is unable to transform bystander cells. ..
- Mori K, Gehlbach P, Ando A, Dyer G, Lipinsky E, Chaudhry A, et al. Retina-specific expression of PDGF-B versus PDGF-A: vascular versus nonvascular proliferative retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:2001-6 pubmed..High retinal expression of PDGF-B results in traction retinal detachment from proliferation of both vascular and nonvascular cells, similar to diabetic retinopathy in humans. ..
- Calzolari F, Appolloni I, Tutucci E, Caviglia S, Terrile M, Corte G, et al. Tumor progression and oncogene addiction in a PDGF-B-induced model of gliomagenesis. Neoplasia. 2008;10:1373-82, following 1382 pubmed
- Lindblom P, Gerhardt H, Liebner S, Abramsson A, Enge M, Hellstrom M, et al. Endothelial PDGF-B retention is required for proper investment of pericytes in the microvessel wall. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1835-40 pubmed..We conclude that retention of PDGF-B in microvessels is essential for proper recruitment and organization of pericytes and for renal and retinal function in adult mice. ..
- Xian X, Håkansson J, Ståhlberg A, Lindblom P, Betsholtz C, Gerhardt H, et al. Pericytes limit tumor cell metastasis. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:642-51 pubmed..the metastatic potential of solid tumors, we studied beta cell tumorigenesis in primary pericyte-deficient Pdgfb(ret/ret) mice...
- Tchougounova E, Jiang Y, Bråsäter D, Lindberg N, Kastemar M, Asplund A, et al. Sox5 can suppress platelet-derived growth factor B-induced glioma development in Ink4a-deficient mice through induction of acute cellular senescence. Oncogene. 2009;28:1537-48 pubmed publisher..as a brain tumor locus in a retroviral insertional mutagenesis screen of platelet-derived growth factor B (PDGFB)-induced mouse gliomas. Here we have investigated the role of Sox5 in PDGFB-induced gliomagenesis in mice...
- Gallini R, Lindblom P, Bondjers C, Betsholtz C, Andrae J. PDGF-A and PDGF-B induces cardiac fibrosis in transgenic mice. Exp Cell Res. 2016;349:282-290 pubmed publisher..Transgenic expression of the natural isoforms of Pdgfa and Pdgfb resulted in isoform specific fibrotic reactions and cardiac hypertrophy...
- Fujii T, Onimaru M, Yonemitsu Y, Kuwano H, Sueishi K. Statins restore ischemic limb blood flow in diabetic microangiopathy via eNOS/NO upregulation but not via PDGF-BB expression. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H2785-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings indicate that statin therapy might be useful for preventing intractable diabetic foot disease in patients with diabetic angiopathy. ..
- Puglianiello A, Campagnolo L, Farini D, Cipollone D, Russo M, Siracusa G. Expression and role of PDGF-BB and PDGFR-beta during testis morphogenesis in the mouse embryo. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:1151-60 pubmed..The present findings support the hypothesis that the PDGF/PDGFR system plays a key role in testis morphogenesis in the mouse embryo. ..
- Ricci G, Catizone A, Galdieri M. Embryonic mouse testis development: role of platelet derived growth factor (PDGF-BB). J Cell Physiol. 2004;200:458-67 pubmed
- Shu E, Matsuno H, Akamastu S, Kanno Y, Suga H, Nakajima K, et al. alphaB-crystallin is phosphorylated during myocardial infarction: involvement of platelet-derived growth factor-BB. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;438:111-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that PDGF-BB induces phosphorylation of alphaB-crystallin via p38 MAP kinase during myocardial infarction. ..
- Herren B, Weyer K, Rouge M, Lötscher P, Pech M. Conservation in sequence and affinity of human and rodent PDGF ligands and receptors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1173:294-302 pubmed..Dissociation constants were identical to those of their human homologs. Thus, high affinity binding of human PDGF-BB to extracellular domains does not depend on species origin but only on receptor type. ..
- Huppi K, Duncan R, Potter M. Myc-1 is centromeric to the linkage group Ly-6--Sis--Gdc-1 on mouse chromosome 15. Immunogenetics. 1988;27:215-9 pubmed..Mus musculus domesticus and BALB/cJ permitted the positioning of Myc-1 on chromosome 15 with respect to Ly-6, Sis, and Gdc-1...
- Huang X, Gao X, Diaz Trelles R, Ruiz Lozano P, Wang Z. Coronary development is regulated by ATP-dependent SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling component BAF180. Dev Biol. 2008;319:258-66 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal for the first time that BAF180 is critical for coronary vessel formation. ..
- Ruusala A, Pawson T, Heldin C, Aspenstrom P. Nck adapters are involved in the formation of dorsal ruffles, cell migration, and Rho signaling downstream of the platelet-derived growth factor beta receptor. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:30034-44 pubmed publisher..Moreover, signaling involving the Rho GTPases was defective in KO cells. In summary, our observations suggest that the Nck adapters are needed for signaling to Rho GTPases and actin dynamics downstream of the PDGFbeta receptor. ..
- Takahashi T, Takahashi K, St John P, Fleming P, Tomemori T, Watanabe T, et al. A mutant receptor tyrosine phosphatase, CD148, causes defects in vascular development. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1817-31 pubmed..These findings implicate a member of the receptor tyrosine phosphatase family, CD148, in developmental vascular organization and provide evidence that it regulates endothelial proliferation and endothelium-pericyte interactions. ..
- Lopes M, Goupille O, Saint Cloment C, Lallemand Y, Cumano A, Robert B. Msx genes define a population of mural cell precursors required for head blood vessel maturation. Development. 2011;138:3055-66 pubmed publisher..Improper coverage by VSMCs secondarily leads to incomplete maturation of the endothelial layer. Our results demonstrate that both Msx1 and Msx2 are required for the recruitment of a population of neural crest-derived VSMCs. ..
- Qiu C, Ferguson M. The distribution of PDGFs and PDGF-receptors during murine secondary palate development. J Anat. 1995;186 ( Pt 1):17-29 pubmed..These findings indicate that the interaction between PDGF-AA and its receptor may participate in palate development, particularly in regulating palatal midline epithelial seam formation and degeneration. ..
- Chhabra A, Lechner A, Ueno M, Acharya A, Van Handel B, Wang Y, et al. Trophoblasts regulate the placental hematopoietic niche through PDGF-B signaling. Dev Cell. 2012;22:651-9 pubmed publisher..These data provide genetic evidence of a signaling pathway that is required to restrict erythroid differentiation to specific anatomical niches during development. ..
- Lindahl P, Karlsson L, Hellstrom M, Gebre Medhin S, Willetts K, Heath J, et al. Alveogenesis failure in PDGF-A-deficient mice is coupled to lack of distal spreading of alveolar smooth muscle cell progenitors during lung development. Development. 1997;124:3943-53 pubmed..We also propose that postnatal alveogenesis failure in PDGF-A(-/-) mice is due to a prenatal block in the distal spreading of PDGF-Ralpha+ cells along the tubular lung epithelium during the canalicular stage of lung development. ..
- Geng H, Lan R, Singha P, Gilchrist A, Weinreb P, Violette S, et al. Lysophosphatidic acid increases proximal tubule cell secretion of profibrotic cytokines PDGF-B and CTGF through LPA2- and G?q-mediated Rho and ?v?6 integrin-dependent activation of TGF-?. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:1236-49 pubmed publisher..We suggest that LPA-initiated autocrine signaling is a potentially important mechanism that gives rise to paracrine profibrotic signaling in injured kidney tubule cells. ..
- Lee J, Yu Q, Shin J, Sebzda E, Bertozzi C, Chen M, et al. Klf2 is an essential regulator of vascular hemodynamic forces in vivo. Dev Cell. 2006;11:845-57 pubmed..These findings identify Klf2 as an essential hemodynamic regulator in vivo and suggest that hemodynamic regulation in response to fluid shear stress is required for cardiovascular development and function. ..
- Guida T, Anaganti S, Provitera L, Gedrich R, Sullivan E, Wilhelm S, et al. Sorafenib inhibits imatinib-resistant KIT and platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta gatekeeper mutants. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:3363-9 pubmed..Sorafenib might be a promising anticancer agent for patients carrying KIT and PDGFRbeta gatekeeper mutations. ..
- Hitoshi Y, Harris B, Liu H, Popko B, Israel M. Spinal glioma: platelet-derived growth factor B-mediated oncogenesis in the spinal cord. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8507-15 pubmed publisher..Expression of PDGFB is thought to be important in the pathogenesis of glioma and several animal models of cerebral glioma based on ..
- Nisancioglu M, Betsholtz C, Genove G. The absence of pericytes does not increase the sensitivity of tumor vasculature to vascular endothelial growth factor-A blockade. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5109-15 pubmed publisher..For this purpose, we used two highly specific tools, the pericyte-deficient pdgfb(ret/ret) mouse and the recently developed specific anti-VEGF-A antibody G6-31, which neutralizes both murine and ..
- Hou S, Chan L, Chou Y, Su C, Chen X, Shih Y, et al. Ankrd17, an ubiquitously expressed ankyrin factor, is essential for the vascular integrity during embryogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2765-71 pubmed publisher..The Ankrd17-deficient mice also provide a new animal model for the analysis of the regulatory pathways of the differentiation of vSMC precursor cells. ..
- Ramasamy S, Mailleux A, Gupte V, Mata F, Sala F, Veltmaat J, et al. Fgf10 dosage is critical for the amplification of epithelial cell progenitors and for the formation of multiple mesenchymal lineages during lung development. Dev Biol. 2007;307:237-47 pubmed..Thus, our results indicate that FGF10 plays a pivotal role in maintaining epithelial progenitor cell proliferation as well as coordinating alveolar smooth muscle cell formation and vascular development. ..
- Liao X, Escobedo J, Williams L. Viability of transgenic mice expressing a platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) antagonist in plasma. J Investig Med. 1996;44:139-43 pubmed
- Walter L, Dirks B, Rothermel E, Heyens M, Szpirer C, Levan G, et al. A novel, conserved gene of the rat that is developmentally regulated in the testis. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:216-21 pubmed..Analysis of rat RNA from different stages of spermatogenesis indicated that accumulation of the short transcript occurred mainly postmeiotically. The rat Tegt gene maps to Chromosome (Chr) 7, and its mouse homolog to Chr 15. ..
- Doolittle R, Hunkapiller M, Hood L, Devare S, Robbins K, Aaronson S, et al. Simian sarcoma virus onc gene, v-sis, is derived from the gene (or genes) encoding a platelet-derived growth factor. Science. 1983;221:275-7 pubmed..of extensive sequence similarity between the transforming protein derived from the simian sarcoma virus onc gene, v-sis, and a human platelet-derived growth factor...
- Klinghoffer R, Mueting Nelsen P, Faerman A, Shani M, Soriano P. The two PDGF receptors maintain conserved signaling in vivo despite divergent embryological functions. Mol Cell. 2001;7:343-54 pubmed..This observation provides a framework for discussing the evolution of receptor tyrosine kinase functional specificity. ..
- Yan X, Brady G, Iscove N. Overexpression of PDGF-B in murine hematopoietic cells induces a lethal myeloproliferative syndrome in vivo. Oncogene. 1994;9:163-73 pubmed..The observations have important implications for projected gene therapy protocols, and identify a novel potential pathway to myeloproliferative disease. ..
- Renner O, Romero L, Carnero A, Betsholtz C, Euler M. Identification of transcripts specific for physiological gene activation by platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-B in intact brain tissue. J Cell Biochem. 2005;95:859-67 pubmed
- LeClair K, Rabin M, Nesbitt M, Pravtcheva D, Ruddle F, Palfree R, et al. Murine Ly-6 multigene family is located on chromosome 15. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:1638-42 pubmed..polymorphism probe), 3 map units from ins-1, (insulin-related gene), and 4 map units from the protooncogene c-sis. The possible involvement of the Ly-6 lymphocyte activation and differentiation antigen genes in chromosome 15-..
- Terrile M, Appolloni I, Calzolari F, Perris R, Tutucci E, Malatesta P. PDGF-B-driven gliomagenesis can occur in the absence of the proteoglycan NG2. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:550 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the data obtained, we therefore suggest that the role of NG2 as a target molecule for glioma treatment should be carefully reconsidered. ..
- Hurtado R, Zewdu R, Mtui J, Liang C, Aho R, Kurylo C, et al. Pbx1-dependent control of VMC differentiation kinetics underlies gross renal vascular patterning. Development. 2015;142:2653-64 pubmed publisher..These findings identify, for the first time, an in vivo transcriptional regulator of PDGFRÎ², and reveal a previously unappreciated role for VMCs in systems-level vascular patterning. ..
- Gorman D, Itoh N, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Miyajima A. Chromosomal localization and organization of the murine genes encoding the beta subunits (AIC2A and AIC2B) of the interleukin 3, granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor, and interleukin 5 receptors. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:15842-8 pubmed..15 (these loci were provisionally designated as Il3rb-1 (AIC2A) and Il3rb-2 (AIC2B)), closely linked to the c-sis locus. Both genes consist of 14 exons and span about 28 kb each...
- Gill K, Boyle A. Genetic analysis of alcohol intake in recombinant inbred and congenic strains derived from A/J and C57BL/6J progenitors. Mamm Genome. 2005;16:319-31 pubmed..loci, and found suggestive loci (in males) on Chromosomes 10 (D10 Mit126, 21 cM), 12 (D12Mit37, 1 cM), 15 (Pdgfb, 46.8 cM), and 16 (D16Mit125, 29 cM)...
- Bucan M, Gatalica B, Nolan P, Chung A, Leroux A, Grossman M, et al. Comparative mapping of 9 human chromosome 22q loci in the laboratory mouse. Hum Mol Genet. 1993;2:1245-52 pubmed..mouse chromosome 15 and human chromosome 22 spans 30 cM and contains five loci (Acr, Bzrp, Dia-1, Il2rb and Pdgfb). Loci within this conserved synteny have been sublocalized to different portions of human chromosome 22...
- Seifert R, Alpers C, Bowen Pope D. Expression of platelet-derived growth factor and its receptors in the developing and adult mouse kidney. Kidney Int. 1998;54:731-46 pubmed..Its receptor, PDGFRalpha, is expressed by interstitial cells. PDGF B-chain transcripts are most highly expressed by vascular endothelial cells of developing and adult kidney and ..
- Taneda S, Hudkins K, Topouzis S, Gilbertson D, Ophascharoensuk V, Truong L, et al. Obstructive uropathy in mice and humans: potential role for PDGF-D in the progression of tubulointerstitial injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:2544-55 pubmed..These observations suggest that PDGF-D plays an important role in the pathogenesis of tubulointerstitial injury through binding of PDGF-Rbeta in both human obstructive nephropathy and the corresponding murine model of UUO. ..
- Yoshida S, Ikenaga N, Liu S, Peng Z, Chung J, Sverdlov D, et al. Extrahepatic platelet-derived growth factor-Î², delivered by platelets, promotes activation of hepatic stellate cells and biliary fibrosis in mice. Gastroenterology. 2014;147:1378-92 pubmed publisherPlatelet-derived growth factor-Î² (PDGFB) is a mitogen for hepatic stellate cells (HSCs)...
- Ren X, Ustiyan V, Pradhan A, Cai Y, Havrilak J, Bolte C, et al. FOXF1 transcription factor is required for formation of embryonic vasculature by regulating VEGF signaling in endothelial cells. Circ Res. 2014;115:709-20 pubmed publisher..A novel mouse line harboring Foxf1-floxed alleles was generated by homologous recombination. Tie2-Cre and Pdgfb-CreER transgenes were used to delete Foxf1 from endothelial cells...
- Suzuki E, Aoyama K, Fukui T, Nakamura Y, Yamane A. The function of platelet-derived growth factor in the differentiation of mouse tongue striated muscle. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2012;15:39-51 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PDGF functions as a positive regulator in the final differentiation phase of tongue muscle cells in mouse embryos. ..
- Talbert Slagle K, Marlatt S, Barrera F, Khurana E, Oates J, Gerstein M, et al. Artificial transmembrane oncoproteins smaller than the bovine papillomavirus E5 protein redefine sequence requirements for activation of the platelet-derived growth factor beta receptor. J Virol. 2009;83:9773-85 pubmed publisher..We speculate that similar cellular proteins may exist but have been overlooked due to their small size and hydrophobicity...
- Bhaumik M, Seldin M, Stanley P. Cloning and chromosomal mapping of the mouse Mgat3 gene encoding N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase III. Gene. 1995;164:295-300 pubmed..3-q13.1 in the human genome. Northern analyses of adult tissues showed that Mgat3 is expressed at high levels in kidney and brain, and at lower levels in many other tissues. ..
- Bonthron D, Sultan P, Collins T. Structure of the murine c-sis proto-oncogene (Sis, PDGFB) encoding the B chain of platelet-derived growth factor. Genomics. 1991;10:287-92 pubmedThe murine proto-oncogene c-sis (Sis, PDGFB), encoding the B chain of platelet-derived growth factor, has been cloned. Its structure, with seven exons spanning approximately 20 kb, closely resembles that of the human and feline homologs...
- Kingsmore S, Bieniarz M, Watson M, Seldin M. Genetic mapping of Pp11r, a thymocyte gene expressed during apoptosis, to mouse chromosome 15. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:459-60 pubmed
- Lee F, Lane T, Kuo A, Shackleford G, Leder P. Insertional mutagenesis identifies a member of the Wnt gene family as a candidate oncogene in the mammary epithelium of int-2/Fgf-3 transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:2268-72 pubmed..This newly discovered Wnt family member was expressed in the embryo and mammary gland of virgin but not pregnant mice and represents a candidate collaborating oncogene of int-2/Fgf-3 in the mammary epithelium. ..
- Lobach D, Rochelle J, Watson M, Seldin M, Blackshear P. Nucleotide sequence, expression, and chromosomal mapping of Mrp and mapping of five related sequences. Genomics. 1993;17:194-204 pubmed..Three of these related sequences have been cloned, and all appear to represent pseudogenes. ..
- Kundra V, Anand Apte B, Feig L, Zetter B. The chemotactic response to PDGF-BB: evidence of a role for Ras. J Cell Biol. 1995;130:725-31 pubmed..These results suggest that Ras is an intermediate in PDGF-stimulated chemotaxis but may not be required for fibronectin-stimulated cell motility. ..
- Hammes H, Lin J, Renner O, Shani M, Lundqvist A, Betsholtz C, et al. Pericytes and the pathogenesis of diabetic retinopathy. Diabetes. 2002;51:3107-12 pubmed..At high vascular endothelial growth factor levels, such as those in the retinopathy of prematurity model, pericyte deficiency leads to reduced inhibition of endothelial proliferation in vivo. ..
- Niessen K, Fu Y, Chang L, Hoodless P, McFadden D, Karsan A. Slug is a direct Notch target required for initiation of cardiac cushion cellularization. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:315-25 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that combined expression of Slug and Snail is required for EMT in cardiac cushion morphogenesis. ..
- Ebersole T, Rho O, Artzt K. The proximal end of mouse chromosome 17: new molecular markers identify a deletion associated with quakingviable. Genetics. 1992;131:183-90 pubmed..A second member of this family has been mapped to chromosome 15 near c-sis (PDGF-B)...
- Brannan C, Gilbert D, Ceci J, Matsuda Y, Chapman V, Mercer J, et al. An interspecific linkage map of mouse chromosome 15 positioned with respect to the centromere. Genomics. 1992;13:1075-81 pubmed
- Misuraca K, Barton K, Chung A, Diaz A, Conway S, Corcoran D, et al. Pax3 expression enhances PDGF-B-induced brainstem gliomagenesis and characterizes a subset of brainstem glioma. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2014;2:134 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that regional Pax3 expression not only marks a novel subset of BSG but also contributes to PDGF-B-induced brainstem gliomagenesis. ..
- Hong J, Tobin N, Rundqvist H, Li T, Lavergne M, GarcÃa IbÃ¡Ã±ez Y, et al. Role of Tumor Pericytes in the Recruitment of Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2015;107: pubmed publisher..We generated subcutaneous tumors in a genetic mouse model of pericyte deficiency (the pdgfb (ret/ret) mouse) and littermate control mice (n = 6-25)...
- Seldin M, Corton J. Mapping the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor to chromosome 15 in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:193-4 pubmed
- Böhmer R, Neuhaus B, Bühren S, Zhang D, Stehling M, Böck B, et al. Regulation of developmental lymphangiogenesis by Syk(+) leukocytes. Dev Cell. 2010;18:437-49 pubmed publisher..This mechanism does not involve circulating endothelial progenitor cells and demonstrates the potential of hematopoietic cells to control developmental lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Jeansson M, Gawlik A, Anderson G, Li C, Kerjaschki D, Henkelman M, et al. Angiopoietin-1 is essential in mouse vasculature during development and in response to injury. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2278-89 pubmed publisher..These findings redefine our understanding of the biological roles of angiopoietin-1: it is dispensable in quiescent vessels but has a powerful ability to modulate the vascular response after injury. ..
- Johnsson A, Betsholtz C, von der Helm K, Heldin C, Westermark B. Platelet-derived growth factor agonist activity of a secreted form of the v-sis oncogene product. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1985;82:1721-5 pubmed..The data support the possibility that oncogene products may elicit transforming activity by interacting with the normal cellular mitogenic pathway...
- Kubota K, Sakikawa C, Katsumata M, Nakamura T, Wakabayashi K. Platelet-derived growth factor BB secreted from osteoclasts acts as an osteoblastogenesis inhibitory factor. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17:257-65 pubmed..These results show, for the first time, that osteoclasts regulate osteoblasts directly and suggest that PDGF BB is a key factor in bone remodeling. ..
- Grundström G, Mosher D, Sakai T, Rubin K. Integrin alphavbeta3 mediates platelet-derived growth factor-BB-stimulated collagen gel contraction in cells expressing signaling deficient integrin alpha2beta1. Exp Cell Res. 2003;291:463-73 pubmed..Our results show that PDGF-BB stimulation of fibroblast-collagen interactions is mediated by the alphavbeta3 integrin when beta1 integrin function is impaired. ..
- Persson C, Sävenhed C, Bourdeau A, Tremblay M, Markova B, Bohmer F, et al. Site-selective regulation of platelet-derived growth factor beta receptor tyrosine phosphorylation by T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2190-201 pubmed..In summary, our findings identify TC-PTP as a previously unrecognized negative regulator of PDGF beta receptor signaling and support the general notion that PTPs display site selectivity in their action on tyrosine kinase receptors. ..
- Jo N, Mailhos C, Ju M, Cheung E, Bradley J, Nishijima K, et al. Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor B signaling enhances the efficacy of anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapy in multiple models of ocular neovascularization. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:2036-53 pubmed..These findings provide insight into blood vessel growth factor dependency and validate a combination therapy strategy for enhancing the current treatments for ocular angiogenic disease. ..
- Vanlandewijck M, Lebouvier T, Andaloussi MÃ¤e M, Nahar K, Hornemann S, Kenkel D, et al. Functional Characterization of Germline Mutations in PDGFB and PDGFRB in Primary Familial Brain Calcification. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143407 pubmed publisher..characterized by progressive pericapillary calcifications, has recently been linked to heterozygous mutations in PDGFB and PDGFRB genes. Here, we functionally analyzed several of these mutations in vitro...
- Abramsson A, Kurup S, Busse M, Yamada S, Lindblom P, Schallmeiner E, et al. Defective N-sulfation of heparan sulfate proteoglycans limits PDGF-BB binding and pericyte recruitment in vascular development. Genes Dev. 2007;21:316-31 pubmed
- Hoyle G, Li J, Finkelstein J, Eisenberg T, Liu J, Lasky J, et al. Emphysematous lesions, inflammation, and fibrosis in the lungs of transgenic mice overexpressing platelet-derived growth factor. Am J Pathol. 1999;154:1763-75 pubmed..Adult SPC-PDGFB transgenic mice exhibited lung pathology characterized by enlarged airspaces, inflammation, and fibrosis...
- Boyle A, Gill K. Sensitivity of AXB/BXA recombinant inbred lines of mice to the locomotor activating effects of cocaine: a quantitative trait loci analysis. Pharmacogenetics. 2001;11:255-64 pubmed..3 cM) receptors, respectively. Further research employing AcB/BcA recombinant congenic lines of mice will be employed to confirm the QTL on chromosomes 12 and 15 identified in the present study. ..
- Waterfield M, Scrace G, Whittle N, Stroobant P, Johnsson A, Wasteson A, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor is structurally related to the putative transforming protein p28sis of simian sarcoma virus. Nature. 1983;304:35-9 pubmed..This similarity suggests a mechanism for transformation by SSV and other agents, involving expression of growth factors...
- Saito Y, Hojo Y, Tanimoto T, Abe J, Berk B. Protein kinase C-alpha and protein kinase C-epsilon are required for Grb2-associated binder-1 tyrosine phosphorylation in response to platelet-derived growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23216-22 pubmed..Because PDGF-mediated ERK activation is enhanced in Chinese hamster ovary cells that overexpress Gab1, Gab1 serves as an important link between PKC and ERK activation by PDGFbeta receptors in VSMC. ..
- Ruhrberg C, Gerhardt H, Golding M, Watson R, Ioannidou S, Fujisawa H, et al. Spatially restricted patterning cues provided by heparin-binding VEGF-A control blood vessel branching morphogenesis. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2684-98 pubmed..We conclude that differential VEGF-A isoform localization in the extracellular space provides a control point for regulating vascular branching pattern. ..