Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pcx
Description: pyruvate carboxylase
Alias: Pcb, pyruvate carboxylase, mitochondrial, pyruvate decarboxylase, pyruvic carboxylase
- Han J, Liu Y. Reduction of islet pyruvate carboxylase activity might be related to the development of type 2 diabetes mellitus in Agouti-K mice. J Endocrinol. 2010;204:143-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that islet PC might play a role in the development of T2DM where reduction of PC activity might be a consequence of mild hyperglycemia and a cause for severe hyperglycemia. ..
- Jitrapakdee S, Petchamphai N, Sunyakumthorn P, Wallace J, Boonsaeng V. Structural and promoter regions of the murine pyruvate carboxylase gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;287:411-7 pubmed..Both transcripts are highly expressed in kidney and liver and moderately expressed in heart and testis and expressed at a low level in spleen. ..
- Walker M, Baker E, Wallace J, Sutherland G. Assignment of the human pyruvate carboxylase gene (PC) to 11q13.4 by fluorescence in situ hybridisation. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1995;69:187-9 pubmed..The gene for pyruvate carboxylase (PC) has been localised by fluorescence in situ hybridisation to normal and FRA11A human chromosomes. PC maps to 11q13 and distal to FRA11A, localising PC to 11q13.4-->q13.5. ..
- Fernandes M, Lespinasse F, Rotomondo F, Poirier C, Guenet J, Gaudray P, et al. Comparative mapping of two adjacent regions of MMU19 with their human counterpart on HSA11q13. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;81:237-46 pubmed..5-Mb region. Strikingly, the 0.5-Mb region has a similar size in human but gene order is shuffled. The overall comparative map shows that these two regions are inverted on MMU19 when compared with HSA11q13. ..
- Kumashiro N, Beddow S, Vatner D, Majumdar S, Cantley J, Guebre Egziabher F, et al. Targeting pyruvate carboxylase reduces gluconeogenesis and adiposity and improves insulin resistance. Diabetes. 2013;62:2183-94 pubmed publisher..Tissue-specific inhibition of pyruvate carboxylase is a potential therapeutic approach for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, hepatic insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Zhang J, Xia W, Brew K, Ahmad F. Adipose pyruvate carboxylase: amino acid sequence and domain structure deduced from cDNA sequencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:1766-70 pubmed
- Sellers K, Fox M, Bousamra M, Slone S, Higashi R, Miller D, et al. Pyruvate carboxylase is critical for non-small-cell lung cancer proliferation. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:687-98 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that PC-mediated anaplerosis in early-stage NSCLC is required for tumor survival and proliferation. ..
- Martin J, Balmer M, Rajendran S, Maurhofer O, Dufour J, St Pierre M. Nutritional stress exacerbates hepatic steatosis induced by deletion of the histidine nucleotide-binding (Hint2) mitochondrial protein. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;310:G497-509 pubmed publisher..The absence of Hint2 deregulates the posttranslational modification of several mitochondrial proteins, which impedes the adaptation to episodes of nutritional stress. ..
- Rochelle J, Watson M, Oakey R, Seldin M. A linkage map of mouse chromosome 19: definition of comparative mapping relationships with human chromosomes 10 and 11 including the MEN1 locus. Genomics. 1992;14:26-31 pubmed
- Harrison S, Sozen B, Christodoulou N, Kyprianou C, Zernicka Goetz M. Assembly of embryonic and extraembryonic stem cells to mimic embryogenesis in vitro. Science. 2017;356: pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the ability of distinct stem cell types to self-assemble in vitro to generate embryos whose morphogenesis, architecture, and constituent cell types resemble those of natural embryos. ..