Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pcsk7
Description: proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 7
Alias: AA959856, PC7, SPC7, proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 7, prohormone convertase 7, prohormone convertase PC7, proprotein convertase 7, proprotein convertase PC7, subtilisin-like proprotein convertase 7, subtilisin/kexin-like protease PC7
- Rousselet E, Benjannet S, Marcinkiewicz E, Asselin M, Lazure C, Seidah N. Proprotein convertase PC7 enhances the activation of the EGF receptor pathway through processing of the EGF precursor. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9185-95 pubmed publisher..Among the proprotein convertases (PCs), only the membrane-bound PC7, the most ancient and conserved basic amino acid-specific PC family member, induces the processing of pro-EGF into ..
- Kato S, Zhang R, Roberts J. Proprotein convertases play an important role in regulating PKGI endoproteolytic cleavage and nuclear transport. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;305:L130-40 pubmed publisher..We observed that overexpression of PCs, furin and PC5, but not PC7, which are all expressed in SMC, increase PKGI cleavage in a dose-dependent manner in human embryonic kidney (HEK) ..
- Wetsel W, Rodriguiz R, Guillemot J, Rousselet E, Essalmani R, Kim I, et al. Disruption of the expression of the proprotein convertase PC7 reduces BDNF production and affects learning and memory in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:17362-7 pubmed publisherb>PC7 belongs to the proprotein convertase family, whose members are implicated in the cleavage of secretory precursors. The in vivo function of PC7 is unknown...
- Villeneuve P, Feliciangeli S, Croissandeau G, Seidah N, Mbikay M, Kitabgi P, et al. Altered processing of the neurotensin/neuromedin N precursor in PC2 knock down mice: a biochemical and immunohistochemical study. J Neurochem. 2002;82:783-93 pubmed..To gain insight into the role of prohormone convertases PC1, PC2, and PC7 in this process, we investigated the maturation of pro-NT/NN in the brain of PC7 (PC7-/-), PC2 (PC2-/-), and/or PC1 ..
- Refaie S, Gagnon S, Gagnon H, Desjardins R, D Anjou F, D Orléans Juste P, et al. Disruption of proprotein convertase 1/3 (PC1/3) expression in mice causes innate immune defects and uncontrolled cytokine secretion. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:14703-17 pubmed publisher..PC1/3 KO mice are more susceptible to septic shock than wild-type controls or other PC KO mice, such as PC2 and PC7 null mice...
- Bessonnard S, Mesnard D, Constam D. PC7 and the related proteases Furin and Pace4 regulate E-cadherin function during blastocyst formation. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:1185-97 pubmed publisher..We show that morula compaction and ICM formation depend on PC7 and the related proprotein convertases (PCs) Furin and Pace4 and that these proteases jointly regulate cell-cell ..
- Anyetei Anum E, Blum A, Seidah N, Beinfeld M. Prohormone convertase 7 is necessary for the normal processing of cholecystokinin in mouse brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:1190-1193 pubmed publisher..This study finds that PC7 is also critical for normal production of CCK in specific areas of the brain...