Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pcm1
Description: pericentriolar material 1
Alias: 2600002H09Rik, 9430077F19Rik, C030044G17Rik, pericentriolar material 1 protein, PCM-1, mPCM-1, pericentriolar material gene 1
- Zhang W, Kim P, Chen Z, Lokman H, Qiu L, Zhang K, et al. MiRNA-128 regulates the proliferation and neurogenesis of neural precursors by targeting PCM1 in the developing cortex. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..microRNA (miR)-128 regulates the proliferation and differentiation of NPCs by repressing pericentriolar material 1 (PCM1)...
- Insolera R, Shao W, Airik R, Hildebrandt F, Shi S. SDCCAG8 regulates pericentriolar material recruitment and neuronal migration in the developing cortex. Neuron. 2014;83:805-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, SDCCAG8 interacts and cotraffics with pericentriolar material 1 (PCM1), a centriolar satellite protein crucial for targeting proteins to the centrosome...
- Tao H, Inoue K, Kiyonari H, Bassuk A, Axelrod J, Sasaki H, et al. Nuclear localization of Prickle2 is required to establish cell polarity during early mouse embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2012;364:138-48 pubmed publisher..The cell polarity phenotype was efficiently rescued by nuclear but not cytoplasmic Pk2, demonstrating the nuclear localization of Pk2 is critical for its function. ..
- Mühlhans J, Brandstätter J, Giessl A. The centrosomal protein pericentrin identified at the basal body complex of the connecting cilium in mouse photoreceptors. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26496 pubmed publisher..Recent studies indicate that Pcnt mutations are associated with a range of diseases including primordial dwarfism and ciliopathies. To date, three Pcnt splice variants from orthologous genes in mice and humans are known...
- Keryer G, Pineda J, Liot G, Kim J, Dietrich P, Benstaali C, et al. Ciliogenesis is regulated by a huntingtin-HAP1-PCM1 pathway and is altered in Huntington disease. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:4372-82 pubmed publisher..WT HTT regulates ciliogenesis by interacting through huntingtin-associated protein 1 (HAP1) with pericentriolar material 1 protein (PCM1)...
- Vladar E, Stearns T. Molecular characterization of centriole assembly in ciliated epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:31-42 pubmed..This system will help determine the mechanism of centriole formation in mammalian cells and how the limitation on centriole duplication is overcome in ciliated epithelial cells. ..
- Sipe C, Liu L, Lee J, Grimsley Myers C, Lu X. Lis1 mediates planar polarity of auditory hair cells through regulation of microtubule organization. Development. 2013;140:1785-95 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that Lis1 mediates the planar polarity of hair cells through regulation of microtubule organization downstream of the tissue polarity pathway. ..
- Klinger M, Wang W, Kuhns S, Bärenz F, Dräger Meurer S, Pereira G, et al. The novel centriolar satellite protein SSX2IP targets Cep290 to the ciliary transition zone. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:495-507 pubmed publisher..Our data establish SSX2IP as a novel targeting factor for ciliary membrane proteins cooperating with Cep290, the BBSome, and Rab8. ..
- Ye X, Zeng H, Ning G, Reiter J, Liu A. C2cd3 is critical for centriolar distal appendage assembly and ciliary vesicle docking in mammals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:2164-9 pubmed publisher..We show that C2cd3 is localized to the centriolar satellites in a microtubule- and Pcm1-dependent manner; however, C2cd3 is dispensable for centriolar satellite integrity...
- Zoubovsky S, Oh E, Cash Padgett T, Johnson A, Hou Z, Mori S, et al. Neuroanatomical and behavioral deficits in mice haploinsufficient for Pericentriolar material 1 (Pcm1). Neurosci Res. 2015;98:45-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that mice haploinsufficient for Pericentriolar material 1 (Pcm1(+/-)), which encodes a component of the PCM found to bear rare loss of function mutations in patients with ..
- Ge X, Frank C, Calderon de Anda F, Tsai L. Hook3 interacts with PCM1 to regulate pericentriolar material assembly and the timing of neurogenesis. Neuron. 2010;65:191-203 pubmed publisher..that trafficking of pericentriolar satellites requires the interaction between Hook3 and Pericentriolar Material 1 (PCM1). Hook3, previously shown to link the centrosome and the nucleus in C...
- Chang B, Khanna H, Hawes N, Jimeno D, He S, Lillo C, et al. In-frame deletion in a novel centrosomal/ciliary protein CEP290/NPHP6 perturbs its interaction with RPGR and results in early-onset retinal degeneration in the rd16 mouse. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:1847-57 pubmed..Our findings suggest a critical function for CEP290 in ciliary transport and provide insights into the mechanism of early-onset photoreceptor degeneration. ..