Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Paxip1
Description: PAX interacting (with transcription-activation domain) protein 1
Alias: D5Ertd149e, PTIP, PAX-interacting protein 1, PAX transactivation activation domain-interacting protein
- Hoffmeister A, Ropolo A, Vasseur S, Mallo G, Bodeker H, Ritz Laser B, et al. The HMG-I/Y-related protein p8 binds to p300 and Pax2 trans-activation domain-interacting protein to regulate the trans-activation activity of the Pax2A and Pax2B transcription factors on the glucagon gene promoter. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22314-9 pubmed..two-hybrid system, using p8 as bait, allowed us to identify the Pax2 trans-activation domain-interacting protein (PTIP) as another partner of p8...
- Ranghini E, Dressler G. Evidence for intermediate mesoderm and kidney progenitor cell specification by Pax2 and PTIP dependent mechanisms. Dev Biol. 2015;399:296-305 pubmed publisher..modifying complex to imprint activating histone methylation marks through interactions with the adaptor protein PTIP. In kidney organ culture, conditional PTIP deletion showed that many Pax2 target genes, which were activated early ..
- McManus S, Ebert A, Salvagiotto G, Medvedovic J, Sun Q, Tamir I, et al. The transcription factor Pax5 regulates its target genes by recruiting chromatin-modifying proteins in committed B cells. EMBO J. 2011;30:2388-404 pubmed publisher..These data provide novel insight into the regulatory network and epigenetic regulation, by which Pax5 controls B-cell commitment. ..
- Callen E, Di Virgilio M, Kruhlak M, Nieto Soler M, Wong N, Chen H, et al. 53BP1 mediates productive and mutagenic DNA repair through distinct phosphoprotein interactions. Cell. 2013;153:1266-80 pubmed publisher..53BP18A recruits RIF1 but fails to recruit the DDR protein PTIP to DSBs, and disruption of PTIP phenocopies 53BP18A...
- Lefevre G, Patel S, Kim D, Tessarollo L, Dressler G. Altering a histone H3K4 methylation pathway in glomerular podocytes promotes a chronic disease phenotype. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001142 pubmed publisher..The ubiquitous nuclear protein PTIP is encoded by the Paxip1 gene and is an essential component of a histone H3 lysine 4 (H3K4) methyltransferase complex conserved in ..
- Wang P, Lin C, Smith E, Guo H, Sanderson B, Wu M, et al. Global analysis of H3K4 methylation defines MLL family member targets and points to a role for MLL1-mediated H3K4 methylation in the regulation of transcriptional initiation by RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:6074-85 pubmed publisher..Together these data provide insight into the redundancy and specialization of COMPASS-like complexes in mammals and provide evidence for a possible role for Mll1-mediated H3K4 methylation in the regulation of transcriptional initiation. ..
- Schwab K, Patel S, Dressler G. Role of PTIP in class switch recombination and long-range chromatin interactions at the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:1503-11 pubmed publisher..In this report, we have used the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus to address the role of the PTIP protein in transcription regulation and class switch recombination in B cells, a process that depends on regulated ..
- Callen E, Faryabi R, Luckey M, Hao B, Daniel J, Yang W, et al. The DNA damage- and transcription-associated protein paxip1 controls thymocyte development and emigration. Immunity. 2012;37:971-85 pubmed publisher..Here we have shown that PAXIP1 (also known as PTIP), a protein associated with MLL3 and MLL4 methyltransferase and the DNA damage response, ..
- Stein A, Jones T, Herron T, Patel S, Day S, Noujaim S, et al. Loss of H3K4 methylation destabilizes gene expression patterns and physiological functions in adult murine cardiomyocytes. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2641-50 pubmed publisher..a mouse model in which we could inducibly ablate PAX interacting (with transcription-activation domain) protein 1 (PTIP), a key component of the H3K4me complex, in cardiac cells...
- Daniel J, Santos M, Wang Z, Zang C, Schwab K, Jankovic M, et al. PTIP promotes chromatin changes critical for immunoglobulin class switch recombination. Science. 2010;329:917-23 pubmed publisher..Here, we showed that activated B cells deficient in the PTIP component of the MLL3 (mixed-lineage leukemia 3)-MLL4 complex display impaired trimethylation of histone 3 at ..
- Ching Y, Munroe R, Moran J, Barker A, Mauceli E, Fennell T, et al. High resolution mapping and positional cloning of ENU-induced mutations in the Rw region of mouse chromosome 5. BMC Genet. 2010;11:106 pubmed publisher..Nol14, Tyms, Cad, Fbxl5, Haus3), and mutations in genes we or others previously reported (Tapt1, Rest, Ugdh, Paxip1, Hmx1, Otoe, Nsun7)...
- Gong Z, Cho Y, Kim J, Ge K, Chen J. Accumulation of Pax2 transactivation domain interaction protein (PTIP) at sites of DNA breaks via RNF8-dependent pathway is required for cell survival after DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7284-93 pubmed publisher..Pax2 transactivation domain interaction protein (PTIP), a protein that contains six BRCT domains, has been implicated in DNA damage response...
- Lee J, Wang C, Xu S, Cho Y, Wang L, Feng X, et al. H3K4 mono- and di-methyltransferase MLL4 is required for enhancer activation during cell differentiation. elife. 2013;2:e01503 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify MLL4 as a major mammalian H3K4 mono- and di-methyltransferase essential for enhancer activation during cell differentiation. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01503.001. ..
- Stein A, Goonewardena S, Jones T, Prusick P, Bazzi A, Belyavskaya J, et al. The PTIP-Associated Histone Methyltransferase Complex Prevents Stress-Induced Maladaptive Cardiac Remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127839 pubmed publisher..To demonstrate the importance of the epigenome in HF, we targeted the PTIP-associated histone methyltransferase complex in adult cardiac myocytes...
- Fowles L, Bennetts J, Berkman J, Williams E, Koopman P, Teasdale R, et al. Genomic screen for genes involved in mammalian craniofacial development. Genesis. 2003;35:73-87 pubmed
- Scoville D, Cyphert H, Liao L, Xu J, Reynolds A, Guo S, et al. MLL3 and MLL4 Methyltransferases Bind to the MAFA and MAFB Transcription Factors to Regulate Islet Î²-Cell Function. Diabetes. 2015;64:3772-83 pubmed publisher..We propose that MLL3 and MLL4 are broadly required for controlling MAFA and MAFB transactivation during development and postnatally. ..
- Wu J, Prindle M, Dressler G, Yu X. PTIP regulates 53BP1 and SMC1 at the DNA damage sites. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18078-84 pubmed publisherAlthough PTIP is implicated in the DNA damage response, through interactions with 53BP1, the function of PTIP in the DNA damage response remain elusive...
- Xiao H, Yu Z, Wu Y, Nan J, Merry D, Sekiguchi J, et al. A polyglutamine expansion disease protein sequesters PTIP to attenuate DNA repair and increase genomic instability. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:4225-36 pubmed publisher..receptor (AR), a protein associated with spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA), and the nuclear protein PTIP (Pax Transactivation-domain Interacting Protein), a protein with an unusually long Q-rich domain that functions in ..
- Schwab K, Smith G, Dressler G. Arrested spermatogenesis and evidence for DNA damage in PTIP mutant testes. Dev Biol. 2013;373:64-71 pubmed publisher..We examined the function of PTIP, a protein implicated in both DNA repair and histone methylation, during spermatogenesis by using a conditional, ..
- Gohler T, Munoz I, Rouse J, Blow J. PTIP/Swift is required for efficient PCNA ubiquitination in response to DNA damage. DNA Repair (Amst). 2008;7:775-87 pubmed publisher..Under these conditions the TLS polymerase eta was recruited to chromatin and also became monoubiquitinated. PTIP/Swift is an adaptor protein for the ATM/ATR kinases...
- Starnes L, Su D, Pikkupeura L, Weinert B, Santos M, Mund A, et al. A PTIP-PA1 subcomplex promotes transcription for IgH class switching independently from the associated MLL3/MLL4 methyltransferase complex. Genes Dev. 2016;30:149-63 pubmed publisher..heavy chain (Igh) locus targets CSR-associated DNA damage and is promoted by the BRCT domain-containing PTIP (Pax transactivation domain-interacting protein)...