Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pask
Description: PAS domain containing serine/threonine kinase
Alias: mKIAA0135, PAS domain-containing serine/threonine-protein kinase, PAS-kinase, paskin
- Cardon C, Rutter J. PAS kinase: integrating nutrient sensing with nutrient partitioning. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2012;23:626-30 pubmed publisherRecent data suggests that PAS kinase acts as a signal integrator to adjust metabolic behavior in response to nutrient conditions...
- Hurtado Carneiro V, Roncero I, Blazquez E, Alvarez E, Sanz C. PAS kinase as a nutrient sensor in neuroblastoma and hypothalamic cells required for the normal expression and activity of other cellular nutrient and energy sensors. Mol Neurobiol. 2013;48:904-20 pubmed publisherb>PAS kinase (PASK) is a nutrient sensor that is highly conserved throughout evolution. PASK-deficient mice reveal a metabolic phenotype similar to that described in S6 kinase-1 S6K1-deficient mice that are protected against obesity...
- Hurtado Carneiro V, Roncero I, Egger S, Wenger R, Blazquez E, Sanz C, et al. PAS kinase is a nutrient and energy sensor in hypothalamic areas required for the normal function of AMPK and mTOR/S6K1. Mol Neurobiol. 2014;50:314-26 pubmed publisher..Hypothalamic metabolic sensors play an important role in the control of feeding and energy homeostasis. PAS kinase (PASK) is a nutrient sensor proposed as a regulator of glucose metabolism and cellular energy...
- Semplici F, Mondragon A, Macintyre B, Madeyski Bengston K, Persson Kry A, Barr S, et al. Cell type-specific deletion in mice reveals roles for PAS kinase in insulin and glucagon production. Diabetologia. 2016;59:1938-47 pubmed publisherPer-Arnt-Sim kinase (PASK) is a nutrient-regulated domain-containing protein kinase previously implicated in the control of insulin gene expression and glucagon secretion...
- Kikani C, Wu X, Paul L, Sabic H, Shen Z, Shakya A, et al. Pask integrates hormonal signaling with histone modification via Wdr5 phosphorylation to drive myogenesis. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisherPAS domain containing protein kinase (Pask) is an evolutionarily conserved protein kinase implicated in energy homeostasis and metabolic regulation across eukaryotic species...
- Wu X, ROMERO D, Swiatek W, Dorweiler I, Kikani C, Sabic H, et al. PAS kinase drives lipogenesis through SREBP-1 maturation. Cell Rep. 2014;8:242-55 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that feeding and insulin stimulate the hepatic expression of PASK. We also demonstrate, using genetic and pharmacological approaches, that PASK is required for the proteolytic ..