Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pard6b
Description: par-6 family cell polarity regulator beta
Alias: AV025615, Par6b, partitioning defective 6 homolog beta, PAR-6 beta, PAR-6B, par-6 (partitioning defective 6) homolog beta, partitioning-defective protein 6, beta
- Yamanaka T, Tosaki A, Kurosawa M, Akimoto K, Hirose T, Ohno S, et al. Loss of aPKC? in differentiated neurons disrupts the polarity complex but does not induce obvious neuronal loss or disorientation in mouse brains. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e84036 pubmed publisher..Thus, despite the polarity complex disruption, neuronal deletion of aPKC? does not induce obvious cell loss or disorientation in mouse brains after cell differentiation. ..
- Ezan J, Lasvaux L, Gezer A, Novakovic A, May Simera H, Belotti E, et al. Primary cilium migration depends on G-protein signalling control of subapical cytoskeleton. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1107-15 pubmed publisher..Thus G-protein-dependent signalling controls the migration of the cilium cell autonomously, whereas core PCP signalling controls long-range tissue PCP. ..
- Tao H, Inoue K, Kiyonari H, Bassuk A, Axelrod J, Sasaki H, et al. Nuclear localization of Prickle2 is required to establish cell polarity during early mouse embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2012;364:138-48 pubmed publisher..The cell polarity phenotype was efficiently rescued by nuclear but not cytoplasmic Pk2, demonstrating the nuclear localization of Pk2 is critical for its function. ..
- Manabe N, Hirai S, Imai F, Nakanishi H, Takai Y, Ohno S. Association of ASIP/mPAR-3 with adherens junctions of mouse neuroepithelial cells. Dev Dyn. 2002;225:61-9 pubmed
- Plant P, Fawcett J, Lin D, Holdorf A, Binns K, Kulkarni S, et al. A polarity complex of mPar-6 and atypical PKC binds, phosphorylates and regulates mammalian Lgl. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:301-8 pubmed
- Hurd T, Gao L, Roh M, Macara I, Margolis B. Direct interaction of two polarity complexes implicated in epithelial tight junction assembly. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:137-42 pubmed..Our data highlight a previously unrecognized link between protein complexes that are essential for epithelial polarity and formation of tight junctions. ..
- Vinot S, Le T, Ohno S, Pawson T, Maro B, Louvet Vallee S. Asymmetric distribution of PAR proteins in the mouse embryo begins at the 8-cell stage during compaction. Dev Biol. 2005;282:307-19 pubmed..During the first embryonic cleavages, before compaction, PARD6b and EMK1 are observed on the spindle...
- Jin D, Durgan J, Hall A. Functional cross-talk between Cdc42 and two downstream targets, Par6B and PAK4. Biochem J. 2015;467:293-302 pubmed publisher..We show in the present paper that PAK4 phosphorylates Par6B at Ser143 blocking its interaction with Cdc42...
- Korotkevich E, Niwayama R, Courtois A, Friese S, Berger N, Buchholz F, et al. The Apical Domain Is Required and Sufficient for the First Lineage Segregation in the Mouse Embryo. Dev Cell. 2017;40:235-247.e7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide mechanistic understanding that reconciles previous models for symmetry breaking in mouse development. ..
- Challen G, Gardiner B, Caruana G, Kostoulias X, Martinez G, Crowe M, et al. Temporal and spatial transcriptional programs in murine kidney development. Physiol Genomics. 2005;23:159-71 pubmed
- Wang Q, Hurd T, Margolis B. Tight junction protein Par6 interacts with an evolutionarily conserved region in the amino terminus of PALS1/stardust. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30715-21 pubmed..Par6 interferes with PATJ in binding PALS1, and these two interactions do not appear to function synergistically. Taken together, these results define the molecular mechanisms linking two conserved polarity complexes. ..
- Garrard S, Capaldo C, Gao L, Rosen M, Macara I, Tomchick D. Structure of Cdc42 in a complex with the GTPase-binding domain of the cell polarity protein, Par6. EMBO J. 2003;22:1125-33 pubmed..Nuclear magnetic resonance studies indicate that the semi-CRIB motif of Par6 is at least partially structured by the PDZ domain. The structure highlights a novel role for a PDZ domain as a structural scaffold. ..
- Lin D, Edwards A, Fawcett J, Mbamalu G, Scott J, Pawson T. A mammalian PAR-3-PAR-6 complex implicated in Cdc42/Rac1 and aPKC signalling and cell polarity. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:540-7 pubmed..In vitro, mPAR-3 acts as a substrate and an inhibitor of aPKC. We conclude that mPAR-3 and mPAR-6 have a scaffolding function, coordinating the activities of several signalling proteins that are implicated in mammalian cell polarity. ..