Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Panx3
Description: pannexin 3
Alias: 3230401P04, 4833413G11Rik, pannexin-3
- Iwamoto T, Nakamura T, Ishikawa M, Yoshizaki K, Sugimoto A, Ida Yonemochi H, et al. Pannexin 3 regulates proliferation and differentiation of odontoblasts via its hemichannel activities. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177557 pubmed publisher..Recently, we identified pannexin 3 (Panx3) as a member of the pannexin gap junction protein family from tooth germs...
- Moon P, Penuela S, Barr K, Khan S, Pin C, Welch I, et al. Deletion of Panx3 Prevents the Development of Surgically Induced Osteoarthritis. J Mol Med (Berl). 2015;93:845-56 pubmed publisher..Cartilage degeneration hallmarks OA pathogenesis, and pannexin 3 (Panx3), a member of a novel family of channel proteins, is upregulated during this process...
- Bond S, Lau A, Penuela S, Sampaio A, Underhill T, Laird D, et al. Pannexin 3 is a novel target for Runx2, expressed by osteoblasts and mature growth plate chondrocytes. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:2911-22 pubmed publisher..The pannexin family consists of three members, Panx1, Panx2, and Panx3, and the role each of these proteins plays in cellular processes is still under investigation...
- Oh S, Shin J, Baek J, Lee J, Bae J, Ankamerddy H, et al. Pannexin 3 is required for normal progression of skeletal development in vertebrates. FASEB J. 2015;29:4473-84 pubmed publisher..In this study, we generated and analyzed Panx3 knockout mice and examined the skeletal phenotypes of panx3 morphant zebrafish...
- Caskenette D, Penuela S, Lee V, Barr K, Beier F, Laird D, et al. Global deletion of Panx3 produces multiple phenotypic effects in mouse humeri and femora. J Anat. 2016;228:746-56 pubmed publisher..Of the three pannexin family members, Pannexin3 (Panx3) is the least studied but is highly expressed in skeletal tissues and is thought to play a role in the regulation ..
- Abitbol J, Kelly J, Barr K, Schormans A, Laird D, Allman B. Differential effects of pannexins on noise-induced hearing loss. Biochem J. 2016;473:4665-4680 pubmed..The pannexin (Panx) channel proteins, Panx1 and Panx3, are regionally expressed in many cell types along the auditory pathway, and mice lacking Panx1 in specific cells ..
- Ishikawa M, Iwamoto T, Fukumoto S, Yamada Y. Pannexin 3 inhibits proliferation of osteoprogenitor cells by regulating Wnt and p21 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:2839-51 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Panx3 (pannexin 3) plays a key role in this transition by inhibiting the proliferation and promoting the cell cycle exit...
- Halliwill K, Quigley D, Kang H, Del Rosario R, Ginzinger D, Balmain A. Panx3 links body mass index and tumorigenesis in a genetically heterogeneous mouse model of carcinogen-induced cancer. Genome Med. 2016;8:83 pubmed publisher..Exploring these loci in greater detail revealed a novel relationship between the Pannexin 3 gene (Panx3) and both BMI and tumorigenesis...
- Bhalla Gehi R, Penuela S, Churko J, Shao Q, Laird D. Pannexin1 and pannexin3 delivery, cell surface dynamics, and cytoskeletal interactions. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9147-60 pubmed publisher..In this study, we utilized Cx43-positive BICR-M1R(k) cells to stably express Panx1, Panx3, or Panx1-green fluorescent protein (GFP) to assess their trafficking, cell surface dynamics, and interplay with ..