Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: palladin
Description: palladin, cytoskeletal associated protein
Alias: 2410003B16Rik, 6030492A02, palladin, 90kDa actin-associated protein palladin, palladin isoform
- Liu X, Li X, Wang Y, Shu R, Wang L, Lu S, et al. Disruption of palladin leads to defects in definitive erythropoiesis by interfering with erythroblastic island formation in mouse fetal liver. Blood. 2007;110:870-6 pubmedb>Palladin was originally found up-regulated with NB4 cell differentiation induced by all-trans retinoic acid. Disruption of palladin results in neural tube closure defects, liver herniation, and embryonic lethality...
- Boukhelifa M, Moza M, Johansson T, Rachlin A, Parast M, Huttelmaier S, et al. The proline-rich protein palladin is a binding partner for profilin. FEBS J. 2006;273:26-33 pubmedb>Palladin is an actin-associated protein that has been suggested to play critical roles in establishing cell morphology and maintaining cytoskeletal organization in a wide variety of cell types...
- Chen X, Fan X, Tan J, Shi P, Wang X, Wang J, et al. Palladin is involved in platelet activation and arterial thrombosis. Thromb Res. 2017;149:1-8 pubmed publisherThe dynamics of actin cytoskeleton have been shown to play a critical role during platelet activation. Palladin is an actin-associated protein, serving as a cytoskeleton scaffold to bundle actin fibers and actin cross linker...
- Mastrototaro G, Liang X, Li X, Carullo P, Piroddi N, Tesi C, et al. Nebulette knockout mice have normal cardiac function, but show Z-line widening and up-regulation of cardiac stress markers. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;107:216-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the nebulette disease causing mutations have dominant gain-of-function effects. ..
- Nguyen N, Wang H. Dual roles of palladin protein in in vitro myogenesis: inhibition of early induction but promotion of myotube maturation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0124762 pubmed publisherb>Palladin is a microfilament-associated phosphoprotein whose function in skeletal muscle has rarely been studied...
- Nguyen N, Liang V, Wang H. Actin-associated protein palladin is required for migration behavior and differentiation potential of C2C12 myoblast cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;452:728-33 pubmed publisherThe actin-associated protein palladin has been shown to be involved in differentiation processes in non-muscle tissues. However, but its function in skeletal muscle has rarely been studied...
- Folgueras A, Guo X, Pasolli H, Stokes N, Polak L, Zheng D, et al. Architectural niche organization by LHX2 is linked to hair follicle stem cell function. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;13:314-27 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that niche organization underlies the requirement for LHX2 in hair follicle structure and function. ..
- Beck M, Dixon R, Goicoechea S, Murphy G, Brungardt J, Beam M, et al. Structure and function of palladin's actin binding domain. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:3325-37 pubmed publisherHere, we report the NMR structure of the actin-binding domain contained in the cell adhesion protein palladin. Previously, we demonstrated that one of the immunoglobulin domains of palladin (Ig3) is both necessary and sufficient for ..
- Sun H, Chen X, Chen X, Liu J, Ma L, Wu H, et al. PALLD Regulates Phagocytosis by Enabling Timely Actin Polymerization and Depolymerization. J Immunol. 2017;199:1817-1826 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results show a new function for PALLD as a crucial regulator of the early phase of phagocytosis by elaborating dynamic actin polymerization and depolymerization. ..
- Niedenberger B, Chappell V, Otey C, Geyer C. Actin dynamics regulate subcellular localization of the F-actin-binding protein PALLD in mouse Sertoli cells. Reproduction. 2014;148:333-41 pubmed publisher..b>Palladin (PALLD) is a widely expressed F-actin-binding and bundling protein recently shown to regulate these structures, ..
- Goicoechea S, Bednarski B, Stack C, Cowan D, Volmar K, Thorne L, et al. Isoform-specific upregulation of palladin in human and murine pancreas tumors. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10347 pubmed publisher..The 65 kDa isoform is expressed in both normal and neoplastic ductal epithelial cells. The 85-90 kDa palladin isoform is highly overexpressed in tumor-associated fibroblasts (TAFs) in both primary and metastatic tumors compared ..
- Maeda M, Asano E, Ito D, Ito S, Hasegawa Y, Hamaguchi M, et al. Characterization of interaction between CLP36 and palladin. FEBS J. 2009;276:2775-85 pubmed publisher..the physiological function of CLP36, we performed yeast two-hybrid screening, and found that CLP36 interacts with palladin. Palladin is an important structural element of the actin cytoskeleton that is ubiquitously expressed and ..
- Niedenberger B, Chappell V, Kaye E, Renegar R, Geyer C. Nuclear localization of the actin regulatory protein Palladin in sertoli cells. Mol Reprod Dev. 2013;80:403-13 pubmed publisher..better understanding of actin regulation in Sertoli-germ cell interactions, we investigated the expression of the Palladin (Palld) gene, which encodes a widely expressed phosphoprotein that localizes to actin-rich cytoplasmic structures,..
- Shu R, Zhang F, Liu X, Li C, Wang L, Tai Y, et al. Target deletion of the cytoskeleton-associated protein palladin does not impair neurite outgrowth in mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6916 pubmed publisherb>Palladin is an actin cytoskeleton-associated protein which is crucial for cell morphogenesis and motility...
- Goicoechea S, Garcia Mata R, Staub J, Valdivia A, Sharek L, McCulloch C, et al. Palladin promotes invasion of pancreatic cancer cells by enhancing invadopodia formation in cancer-associated fibroblasts. Oncogene. 2014;33:1265-73 pubmed publisher..We showed previously that palladin, an actin-associated protein, is expressed at high levels in CAFs of pancreatic tumors and other solid tumors, ..
- Zou Z, Enis D, Bui H, Khandros E, Kumar V, Jakus Z, et al. The secreted lymphangiogenic factor CCBE1 is essential for fetal liver erythropoiesis. Blood. 2013;121:3228-36 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that CCBE1 plays an essential role in regulating the fetal liver erythropoietic environment and suggest that EBI formation is regulated differently in the fetal liver and bone marrow...
- Jin L, Gan Q, Zieba B, Goicoechea S, Owens G, Otey C, et al. The actin associated protein palladin is important for the early smooth muscle cell differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12823 pubmed publisherb>Palladin, an actin associated protein, plays a significant role in regulating cell adhesion and cell motility...
- Yadav R, Vattepu R, Beck M. Phosphoinositide Binding Inhibits Actin Crosslinking and Polymerization by Palladin. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:4031-4047 pubmed publisher..b>Palladin is a key cytoskeletal actin binding protein whose normal function is to enable cell motility during development ..