Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pafah1b3
Description: platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase, isoform 1b, subunit 3
Alias: Pafahg, mus[g], platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase IB subunit gamma, PAF acetylhydrolase 29 kDa subunit, PAF-AH 29 kDa subunit, PAF-AH gamma, PAF-AH subunit gamma, PAFAH subunit gamma, platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase, isoform 1b, alpha1 subunit
- Gardner A, Reichert E, Topham M, Stafforini D. Identification of a domain that mediates association of platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase with high density lipoprotein. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17099-106 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to our understanding of the mechanisms responsible for association of human PAF-AH with HDL and may facilitate future studies aimed at precisely determining the function of PAF-AH in each lipoprotein particle. ..
- Park I, Qian D, Kiel M, Becker M, Pihalja M, Weissman I, et al. Bmi-1 is required for maintenance of adult self-renewing haematopoietic stem cells. Nature. 2003;423:302-5 pubmed..Expression of p16Ink4a and p19Arf in normal HSCs resulted in proliferative arrest and p53-dependent cell death, respectively. Our results indicate that Bmi-1 is essential for the generation of self-renewing adult HSCs. ..
- Forte T, Oda M, Knoff L, Frei B, Suh J, Harmony J, et al. Targeted disruption of the murine lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase gene is associated with reductions in plasma paraoxonase and platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase activities but not in apolipoprotein J concentration. J Lipid Res. 1999;40:1276-83 pubmed..2 nm particles. We conclude that the concomitant reduction in HDL and apoA-I concentrations and PON and PAF-AH activities is best explained by rapid clearance of the small HDL particles found in LCAT deficiency. ..
- Yamaguchi N, Takanezawa Y, Koizumi H, Umezu Goto M, Aoki J, Arai H. Expression of NUDEL in manchette and its implication in spermatogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2004;566:71-6 pubmed..These results suggest that NUDEL plays an important role in germ cell formation, including nucleoplasmic transport and nucleus shaping by manchette microtubules. ..
- Zhang G, Assadi A, McNeil R, Beffert U, Wynshaw Boris A, Herz J, et al. The Pafah1b complex interacts with the reelin receptor VLDLR. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e252 pubmed..signaling and cortical layer formation and found that catalytic subunits of the Pafah1b complex, Pafah1b2 and Pafah1b3, specifically bind to the NPxYL sequence of VLDLR, but not to ApoER2...
- Stojanov T, O NEILL C. In vitro fertilization causes epigenetic modifications to the onset of gene expression from the zygotic genome in mice. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:696-705 pubmed..Thus, IVF causes epigenetic modification in the normal pattern of expression of some but not all genes involved in normal embryo growth and survival. ..
- Eggert D, Dash P, Serradji N, Dong C, Clayette P, Heymans F, et al. Development of a platelet-activating factor antagonist for HIV-1 associated neurocognitive disorders. J Neuroimmunol. 2009;213:47-59 pubmed publisher..These observations support the further development of PMS-601 as an adjunctive therapy for HIV-1 associated neurocognitive disorders. ..
- Ware J, Russell S, Ruggeri Z. Cloning of the murine platelet glycoprotein Ibalpha gene highlighting species-specific platelet adhesion. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 1997;23:292-301 pubmed..The results further define the structural elements necessary for the interaction of human vWF and platelets. ..