Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: P2P R
Description: retinoblastoma binding protein 6, ubiquitin ligase
Alias: 4933422O15Rik, AI316869, BB233631, C030034J04Rik, C77662, P2P-R, PACT, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase RBBP6, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase RBBP6, p53-associated cellular protein of testis, proliferation potential-related protein, protein P2P-R, retinoblastoma binding protein 6
- The RBBP6/ZBTB38/MCM10 axis regulates DNA replication and common fragile site stabilityBenoit Miotto
Epigenetics and Cell Fate, University Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR 7216 CNRS, 75013 Paris, France
Cell Rep 7:575-87. 2014..Our results uncover a pathway that ensures genome-wide DNA replication and chromosomal stability...
- PACT: cloning and characterization of a cellular p53 binding protein that interacts with RbA Simons
Department of Genetics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Oncogene 14:145-55. 1997..Recombinant forms of this protein, designated PACT, bind to wild type p53 while two different mutations abolish this interaction...
- The proliferation potential protein-related (P2P-R) gene with domains encoding heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein association and Rb1 binding shows repressed expression during terminal differentiationM M Witte
Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Memphis 38163, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:1212-7. 1997..These results establish that the P2P-R cDNA encodes protein domains involved in both hnRNP association and Rb1 binding and complement recent reports that localize Rb1 to sites of RNA processing in the nucleus...
- P2P-R protein localizes to the nucleolus of interphase cells and the periphery of chromosomes in mitotic cells which show maximum P2P-R immunoreactivitySizhi Gao
Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis 38163, USA
J Cell Physiol 191:145-54. 2002..These include: nucleolin, B23, Ki67, and fibrillarin...
- P2P-R protein overexpression restricts mitotic progression at prometaphase and promotes mitotic apoptosisSizhi Gao
Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis TN 38163, Tennessee, USA
J Cell Physiol 193:199-207. 2002..These results therefore suggest that P2P-R overexpression promotes both prometaphase arrest in mitosis and mitotic apoptosis...
- Stable overexpression of specific segments of the P2P-R protein in human MCF-7 cells promotes camptothecin-induced apoptosisS Gao
Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Cell Physiol 197:445-52. 2003..Therefore, P2P-R-promoted apoptosis induced by camptothecin may be influenced by such interactions...
- P2P-R expression is genetically coregulated with components of the translation machinery and with PUM2, a translational repressor that associates with the P2P-R mRNARobert E Scott
Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis Tennessee, USA
J Cell Physiol 204:99-105. 2005..This study represents the first description of a RNA target for mammalian Puf proteins and the first molecular confirmation of information obtained using the WebQTL database...
- PACT is a negative regulator of p53 and essential for cell growth and embryonic developmentLi Li
State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, 27 Taiping Road, Beijing 100850, People s Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:7951-6. 2007..p53-associated cellular protein-testes derived (PACT, also known as P2P-R, RBBP6) is a 250-kDa Ring finger-containing protein that can directly bind to p53...
- TRBP control of PACT-induced phosphorylation of protein kinase R is reversed by stressAïcha Daher
Virus Cell Interactions Laboratory, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 29:254-65. 2009..Protein, TRBP, inhibits the activity of the interferon-induced protein kinase R (PKR), whereas the PKR activator, PACT, activates its function...