Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: P2P R
Description: retinoblastoma binding protein 6, ubiquitin ligase
Alias: 4933422O15Rik, AI316869, BB233631, C030034J04Rik, C77662, P2P-R, PACT, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase RBBP6, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase RBBP6, p53-associated cellular protein of testis, proliferation potential-related protein, protein P2P-R, retinoblastoma binding protein 6
Products: P2P R
- Gao S, Witte M, Scott R. P2P-R protein localizes to the nucleolus of interphase cells and the periphery of chromosomes in mitotic cells which show maximum P2P-R immunoreactivity. J Cell Physiol. 2002;191:145-54 pubmed..These include: nucleolin, B23, Ki67, and fibrillarin. ..
- Gao S, Scott R. Stable overexpression of specific segments of the P2P-R protein in human MCF-7 cells promotes camptothecin-induced apoptosis. J Cell Physiol. 2003;197:445-52 pubmed..Therefore, P2P-R-promoted apoptosis induced by camptothecin may be influenced by such interactions. ..
- Simons A, Melamed Bessudo C, Wolkowicz R, Sperling J, Sperling R, Eisenbach L, et al. PACT: cloning and characterization of a cellular p53 binding protein that interacts with Rb. Oncogene. 1997;14:145-55 pubmed..Recombinant forms of this protein, designated PACT, bind to wild type p53 while two different mutations abolish this interaction...
- Gao S, Scott R. P2P-R protein overexpression restricts mitotic progression at prometaphase and promotes mitotic apoptosis. J Cell Physiol. 2002;193:199-207 pubmed..These results therefore suggest that P2P-R overexpression promotes both prometaphase arrest in mitosis and mitotic apoptosis. ..
- Li L, Deng B, Xing G, Teng Y, Tian C, Cheng X, et al. PACT is a negative regulator of p53 and essential for cell growth and embryonic development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7951-6 pubmed..p53-associated cellular protein-testes derived (PACT, also known as P2P-R, RBBP6) is a 250-kDa Ring finger-containing protein that can directly bind to p53...
- Witte M, Scott R. The proliferation potential protein-related (P2P-R) gene with domains encoding heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein association and Rb1 binding shows repressed expression during terminal differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:1212-7 pubmed..These results establish that the P2P-R cDNA encodes protein domains involved in both hnRNP association and Rb1 binding and complement recent reports that localize Rb1 to sites of RNA processing in the nucleus. ..
- Scott R, White Grindley E, Ruley H, Chesler E, Williams R. P2P-R expression is genetically coregulated with components of the translation machinery and with PUM2, a translational repressor that associates with the P2P-R mRNA. J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:99-105 pubmed..This study represents the first description of a RNA target for mammalian Puf proteins and the first molecular confirmation of information obtained using the WebQTL database. ..
- Miotto B, Chibi M, Xie P, Koundrioukoff S, Moolman Smook H, Pugh D, et al. The RBBP6/ZBTB38/MCM10 axis regulates DNA replication and common fragile site stability. Cell Rep. 2014;7:575-87 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a pathway that ensures genome-wide DNA replication and chromosomal stability. ..