Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Oxsr1
Description: oxidative-stress responsive 1
Alias: 2210022N24Rik, 2810422B09Rik, AI462649, AW209236, Osr1, mKIAA1101, serine/threonine-protein kinase OSR1, oxidative stress-responsive 1 protein, oxsr1
- KÃ¶chl R, Thelen F, Vanes L, BrazÃ£o T, Fountain K, Xie J, et al. WNK1 kinase balances T cell adhesion versus migration in vivo. Nat Immunol. 2016;17:1075-83 pubmed publisher..regulator of integrin-mediated adhesion, whereas it acts as a positive regulator of migration via the kinases OXSR1 and STK39 and the ion co-transporter SLC12A2...
- de los Heros P, Alessi D, Gourlay R, Campbell D, Deak M, MacArtney T, et al. The WNK-regulated SPAK/OSR1 kinases directly phosphorylate and inhibit the K+-Cl- co-transporters. Biochem J. 2014;458:559-73 pubmed publisher..that the WNK (WNK lysine-deficient protein kinase)-activated SPAK (SPS1-related proline/alanine-rich kinase)/OSR1 (oxidative stress-responsive kinase 1) known to directly phosphorylate and stimulate the N[K]CCs (Na+-K+ ion co-..
- Chu P, Cheng C, Wu Y, Fang Y, Chau T, Uchida S, et al. SPAK deficiency corrects pseudohypoaldosteronism II caused by WNK4 mutation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72969 pubmed publisherStimulation of the OSR1 (Oxidative stress-responsive kinase-1)/SPAK [STE20 (sterile 20)/SPS1-related proline/alanine-rich kinase]-NCC (Na(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter) signaling cascade plays an important role in the WNK [With-No-Lysine (K)] ..
- Chen W, Yazicioglu M, Cobb M. Characterization of OSR1, a member of the mammalian Ste20p/germinal center kinase subfamily. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:11129-36 pubmed..To explore the possible link to JNK in mammalian cells, we isolated and characterized OSR1 (oxidative stress-responsive 1), one of two human Fray homologs...
- Hengl T, Kaneko H, Dauner K, Vocke K, Frings S, Möhrlen F. Molecular components of signal amplification in olfactory sensory cilia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6052-7 pubmed publisher..Gene silencing experiments revealed that the activity of this transporter depends on the kinases SPAK and OSR1, which are enriched in the cilia together with their own activating kinases, WNK1 and WNK4...
- Pasham V, Pathare G, Fajol A, Rexhepaj R, Michael D, Pakladok T, et al. OSR1-sensitive small intestinal Na+ transport. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;303:G1212-9 pubmed publisherThe oxidative stress responsive kinase 1 (OSR1) contributes to WNK (with no K)-dependent regulation of renal tubular salt transport, renal salt excretion, and blood pressure...
- Chiga M, Rai T, Yang S, Ohta A, Takizawa T, Sasaki S, et al. Dietary salt regulates the phosphorylation of OSR1/SPAK kinases and the sodium chloride cotransporter through aldosterone. Kidney Int. 2008;74:1403-9 pubmed publisher..that other kinases, such as the oxidative stress response kinase-1/STE20/SPS1-related proline alanine-rich kinase (OSR1/SPAK), also showed increased phosphorylation in these mice...
- Terker A, Zhang C, McCormick J, Lazelle R, Zhang C, Meermeier N, et al. Potassium modulates electrolyte balance and blood pressure through effects on distal cell voltage and chloride. Cell Metab. 2015;21:39-50 pubmed publisher..In the DCT, hyperpolarization activates NCC via WNK kinases, whereas in the adrenal gland, it inhibits aldosterone secretion. These effects work in concert to maintain potassium homeostasis. ..
- Pasham V, Rotte A, Yang W, Zelenak C, Bhandaru M, Foller M, et al. OSR1-sensitive regulation of Na+/H+ exchanger activity in dendritic cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;303:C416-26 pubmed publisherThe oxidative stress-responsive kinase 1 (OSR1) is activated by WNK (with no K kinases) and in turn stimulates the thiazide-sensitive Na-Cl cotransporter (NCC) and the furosemide-sensitive Na-K-2Cl cotransporter (NKCC), thus contributing ..
- Xie J, Yoon J, Yang S, Lin S, Huang C. WNK1 protein kinase regulates embryonic cardiovascular development through the OSR1 signaling cascade. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8566-74 pubmed publisher..We found that mice with a global deletion of Osr1, which encodes oxidative stress-responsive kinase-1, a protein kinase activated by WNK1, died in utero beginning at ..
- Davies M, Fraser S, Galic S, Choy S, Katerelos M, Gleich K, et al. Novel mechanisms of Na+ retention in obesity: phosphorylation of NKCC2 and regulation of SPAK/OSR1 by AMPK. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;307:F96-F106 pubmed publisher..Activation of STE-20/SPS1-related proline-alanine-rich protein kinase (SPAK)/oxidative stress responsive 1 kinase (OSR1) was increased in kidneys from HFD-fed mice, and enhanced phosphorylation of NKCC2 at T96/T101 was evident in the ..