Genomes and Genes
oncostatin M receptor
Gene Symbol: oncostatin M receptor
Description: oncostatin M receptor
Alias: OSMRB, oncostatin-M-specific receptor subunit beta, IL-31 receptor subunit beta, IL-31R subunit beta, IL-31R-beta, IL-31RB, interleukin-31 receptor subunit beta, oncostatin receptor
Products: oncostatin M receptor
- Beatus P, Jhaveri D, Walker T, Lucas P, Rietze R, Cooper H, et al. Oncostatin M regulates neural precursor activity in the adult brain. Dev Neurobiol. 2011;71:619-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that Osm can also inhibit clonal growth of glioblastoma-derived neurospheres, further supporting the close link between NPCs and tumor stem cells. ..
- Hams E, Colmont C, Dioszeghy V, Hammond V, Fielding C, Williams A, et al. Oncostatin M receptor-beta signaling limits monocytic cell recruitment in acute inflammation. J Immunol. 2008;181:2174-80 pubmed..When compared with wild-type and IL-6-deficient mice, peritoneal inflammation in oncostatin M receptor-beta-deficient (OSMR-KO) mice resulted in enhanced monocytic cell trafficking...
- Jahani Asl A, Yin H, Soleimani V, Haque T, Luchman H, Chang N, et al. Control of glioblastoma tumorigenesis by feed-forward cytokine signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2016;19:798-806 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify OSMR as a critical regulator of glioblastoma tumor growth that orchestrates a feed-forward signaling mechanism with EGFRvIII and STAT3 to drive tumorigenesis. ..
- Komori T, Tanaka M, Senba E, Miyajima A, Morikawa Y. Deficiency of oncostatin M receptor ? (OSMR?) exacerbates high-fat diet-induced obesity and related metabolic disorders in mice. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:13821-37 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that defects in OSM signaling promote the deterioration of high-fat diet-induced obesity and related metabolic disorders. ..
- Walker E, Poulton I, McGregor N, Ho P, Allan E, Quach J, et al. Sustained RANKL response to parathyroid hormone in oncostatin M receptor-deficient osteoblasts converts anabolic treatment to a catabolic effect in vivo. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:902-12 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the transient RANKL induction by intermittent PTH administration, which is associated with its anabolic action, is changed to a prolonged induction in OSMR-deficient osteoblasts, resulting in bone destruction. ..
- Tamura S, Morikawa Y, Miyajima A, Senba E. Expression of oncostatin M receptor beta in a specific subset of nociceptive sensory neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:2287-98 pubmed..Here, we investigated the expression of specific beta-subunit of oncostatin M receptor in the dorsal root ganglia of adult mice...
- Hayhurst G, Strick Marchand H, Mulet C, Richard A, Morosan S, Kremsdorf D, et al. Morphogenetic competence of HNF4 alpha-deficient mouse hepatic cells. J Hepatol. 2008;49:384-95 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the lack of epithelialization characteristic of the HNF4 alpha-null embryonic liver is due, at least in part, to non-cell autonomous defects, and that null cells do not suffer intrinsic defects in polarization. ..
- Bouzin C, Clotman F, Renauld J, Lemaigre F, Rousseau G. The onecut transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor-6 controls B lymphopoiesis in fetal liver. J Immunol. 2003;171:1297-303 pubmed..This work identifies HNF-6 as the first noncell-intrinsic transcription factor known to control B lymphopoiesis specifically in fetal liver. ..
- Guo S, Li Z, Gong J, Xiang M, Zhang P, Zhao G, et al. Oncostatin M Confers Neuroprotection against Ischemic Stroke. J Neurosci. 2015;35:12047-62 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, administration of human OSM also leads to improved stroke outcomes. Therefore, OSM may represent a promising drug candidate for stroke treatment. ..
- Janssens K, Maheshwari A, Van den Haute C, Baekelandt V, Stinissen P, Hendriks J, et al. Oncostatin M protects against demyelination by inducing a protective microglial phenotype. Glia. 2015;63:1729-37 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a previously uncharacterized and protective role for OSM during demyelination, and indicates that OSM is a promising therapeutic candidate to limit CNS damage in demyelinating diseases including MS. ..
- Guihard P, Boutet M, Brounais Le Royer B, Gamblin A, Amiaud J, Renaud A, et al. Oncostatin m, an inflammatory cytokine produced by macrophages, supports intramembranous bone healing in a mouse model of tibia injury. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:765-75 pubmed publisher..Because bone resorption is largely unaltered, OSM could represent a new anabolic treatment for unconsolidated bone fractures. ..
- Sato F, Miyaoka Y, Miyajima A, Tanaka M. Oncostatin M maintains the hematopoietic microenvironment in the bone marrow by modulating adipogenesis and osteogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e116209 pubmed publisher..Collectively, OSM plays multiple critical roles in the maintenance and development of the hematopoietic microenvironment in the BM at a steady state as well as after injury. ..
- Tamura S, Morikawa Y, Senba E. Localization of oncostatin M receptor beta in adult and developing CNS. Neuroscience. 2003;119:991-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that OSM contributes to the development of specific subpopulations of both neurons and astrocytes in the murine CNS. ..
- Nakamura K, Nonaka H, Saito H, Tanaka M, Miyajima A. Hepatocyte proliferation and tissue remodeling is impaired after liver injury in oncostatin M receptor knockout mice. Hepatology. 2004;39:635-44 pubmed..In conclusion, OSM and its signaling pathway may provide a useful therapeutic target for liver regeneration. ..
- Bando T, Morikawa Y, Komori T, Senba E. Complete overlap of interleukin-31 receptor A and oncostatin M receptor beta in the adult dorsal root ganglia with distinct developmental expression patterns. Neuroscience. 2006;142:1263-71 pubmed..have shown that IL-31RA forms a functional receptor complex for IL-31 together with the beta subunit of oncostatin M receptor (OSMRbeta)...
- Khurana S, Mukhopadhyay A. Characterization of the potential subpopulation of bone marrow cells involved in the repair of injured liver tissue. Stem Cells. 2007;25:1439-47 pubmed..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Elks C, Zhao P, Grant R, Hang H, Bailey J, Burk D, et al. Loss of Oncostatin M Signaling in Adipocytes Induces Insulin Resistance and Adipose Tissue Inflammation in Vivo. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:17066-76 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that adipocyte OSMR signaling is involved in the regulation of adipose tissue homeostasis and that, in obesity, OSMR ablation may exacerbate insulin resistance by promoting adipose tissue inflammation. ..
- Walker E, Johnson R, Hu Y, Brennan H, Poulton I, Zhang J, et al. Murine Oncostatin M Acts via Leukemia Inhibitory Factor Receptor to Phosphorylate Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 3 (STAT3) but Not STAT1, an Effect That Protects Bone Mass. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:21703-21716 pubmed
- Lindberg R, Juan T, Welcher A, Sun Y, Cupples R, Guthrie B, et al. Cloning and characterization of a specific receptor for mouse oncostatin M. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:3357-67 pubmed..Therefore, these data suggest that all previous studies with human OSM in mouse systems did not elucidate the biology of OSM but, rather, reflected the biological actions of LIF. ..
- Qi L, Huang C, Wu X, Tao Y, Yan J, Shi T, et al. Hierarchical Specification of Pruriceptors by Runt-Domain Transcription Factor Runx1. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5549-5561 pubmed publisher..in chronic itch manifestation, including the interleukin-31 receptor A (IL-31ra) and its coreceptor oncostatin M receptor (Osmr), the cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 2 (Cysltr2), somatostatin, and neurotensin...
- LÃ¶rchner H, PÃ¶ling J, Gajawada P, Hou Y, Polyakova V, Kostin S, et al. Myocardial healing requires Reg3Î²-dependent accumulation of macrophages in the ischemic heart. Nat Med. 2015;21:353-62 pubmed publisher..The activity of the feedback loop controls the degree of macrophage accumulation in the heart, which is instrumental in myocardial healing. ..
- Shen M, Siu S, Byrd S, Edelmann K, Patel N, Ketchem R, et al. Diverse functions of reactive cysteines facilitate unique biosynthetic processes of aggregate-prone interleukin-31. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:976-93 pubmed publisher..Our present study not only illustrated various functions that cysteines perform during IL-31 biosynthesis and secretion, but also highlighted their potential roles in cytokine effector functions. ..
- Tamura S, Morikawa Y, Senba E. Up-regulated phosphorylation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 and cyclic AMP-responsive element binding protein by peripheral inflammation in primary afferent neurons possibly through oncostatin M receptor. Neuroscience. 2005;133:797-806 pubmed..skin during acute inflammation induced by complete Freund's adjuvant (CFA), while the expression of oncostatin M receptor (OSMR) did not change in the ipsilateral DRG...
- Morikawa Y, Tamura S, Minehata K, Donovan P, Miyajima A, Senba E. Essential function of oncostatin m in nociceptive neurons of dorsal root ganglia. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1941-7 pubmed..Thus, OSM plays an essential role in the development of a subtype of nociceptive neurons in the DRGs. ..
- Kamiya A, Kinoshita T, Ito Y, Matsui T, Morikawa Y, Senba E, et al. Fetal liver development requires a paracrine action of oncostatin M through the gp130 signal transducer. EMBO J. 1999;18:2127-36 pubmed..These results suggest a paracrine mechanism of hepatogenesis; blood cells, transiently expanding in the fetal liver, produce OSM to promote development of hepatocytes in vivo. ..
- Tanaka M, Hirabayashi Y, Sekiguchi T, Inoue T, Katsuki M, Miyajima A. Targeted disruption of oncostatin M receptor results in altered hematopoiesis. Blood. 2003;102:3154-62 pubmed..Thus, OSM regulates hematopoiesis in vivo by stimulating stromal cells as well as hematopoietic progenitors, in particular megakaryocytic and erythrocytic progenitors. ..