Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Olig1
Description: oligodendrocyte transcription factor 1
Alias: AI836478, AW494459, Bhlhb6, Olg-1, Oligo1, bHLHe21, oligodendrocyte transcription factor 1, oligodendrocyte-specific bHLH transcription factor 1
- Silbereis J, Nobuta H, Tsai H, Heine V, McKinsey G, Meijer D, et al. Olig1 function is required to repress dlx1/2 and interneuron production in Mammalian brain. Neuron. 2014;81:574-87 pubmed publisher..Here we report that Olig1 represses production of GABAergic interneurons throughout the mouse brain...
- Arnett H, Fancy S, Alberta J, Zhao C, Plant S, Kaing S, et al. bHLH transcription factor Olig1 is required to repair demyelinated lesions in the CNS. Science. 2004;306:2111-5 pubmedb>Olig1 and Olig2 are closely related basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors that are expressed in myelinating oligodendrocytes and their progenitor cells in the developing central nervous system (CNS)...
- Samanta J, Burke G, McGuire T, Pisarek A, Mukhopadhyay A, Mishina Y, et al. BMPR1a signaling determines numbers of oligodendrocytes and calbindin-expressing interneurons in the cortex. J Neurosci. 2007;27:7397-407 pubmedProgenitor cells that express the transcription factor olig1 generate several neural cell types including oligodendrocytes and GABAergic interneurons in the dorsal cortex...
- Zhao X, He X, Han X, Yu Y, Ye F, Chen Y, et al. MicroRNA-mediated control of oligodendrocyte differentiation. Neuron. 2010;65:612-26 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate that miRNAs are important regulators of oligodendrocyte differentiation, providing new targets for myelin repair...
- Sun T, Echelard Y, Lu R, Yuk D, Kaing S, Stiles C, et al. Olig bHLH proteins interact with homeodomain proteins to regulate cell fate acquisition in progenitors of the ventral neural tube. Curr Biol. 2001;11:1413-20 pubmed..In particular, interactions between Olig and Nkx2.2 proteins inhibit V3 interneuron development and promote the formation of alternate cell types, including those expressing Sox10. ..
- Liu Y, Rao M. Olig genes are expressed in a heterogeneous population of precursor cells in the developing spinal cord. Glia. 2004;45:67-74 pubmed..We find that Olig1, like Olig2, is present in cells that coexpress astrocytic and radial glial markers and that Olig1/2 double ..
- Vallstedt A, Klos J, Ericson J. Multiple dorsoventral origins of oligodendrocyte generation in the spinal cord and hindbrain. Neuron. 2005;45:55-67 pubmed..originate from a ventral progenitor domain defined by expression of the oligodendrocyte-determining bHLH proteins Olig1 and Olig2...
- Lu Q, Yuk D, Alberta J, Zhu Z, Pawlitzky I, Chan J, et al. Sonic hedgehog--regulated oligodendrocyte lineage genes encoding bHLH proteins in the mammalian central nervous system. Neuron. 2000;25:317-29 pubmed..Gain- and loss-of-function analyses in transgenic mice demonstrate that Shh is both necessary and sufficient for Olg gene expression in vivo. ..
- Li H, de Faria J, Andrew P, Nitarska J, Richardson W. Phosphorylation regulates OLIG2 cofactor choice and the motor neuron-oligodendrocyte fate switch. Neuron. 2011;69:918-29 pubmed publisher..Wild-type OLIG2 forms stable homodimers, whereas mutant (unphosphorylated) OLIG2(S147A) prefers to form heterodimers with Neurogenin 2 or other bHLH partners, suggesting a molecular basis for the switch. ..
- Fancy S, Baranzini S, Zhao C, Yuk D, Irvine K, Kaing S, et al. Dysregulation of the Wnt pathway inhibits timely myelination and remyelination in the mammalian CNS. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1571-85 pubmed publisher..Evidence of Wnt pathway activity in human MS lesions suggests that its dysregulation might contribute to inefficient myelin repair in human neurological disorders. ..
- Qi Y, Cai J, Wu Y, Wu R, Lee J, Fu H, et al. Control of oligodendrocyte differentiation by the Nkx2.2 homeodomain transcription factor. Development. 2001;128:2723-33 pubmed..Interestingly, absence of Nkx2.2 expression leads to a ventral expansion of the Olig1/Olig2 expression in neuroepithelial cells into the Nkx2...
- Chakrabarti L, Best T, Cramer N, Carney R, Isaac J, Galdzicki Z, et al. Olig1 and Olig2 triplication causes developmental brain defects in Down syndrome. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:927-34 pubmed publisher..We discovered that Olig1 and Olig2, two genes that are triplicated in Down syndrome and in Ts65Dn mice, were overexpressed in the Ts65Dn ..
- Lu Q, Sun T, Zhu Z, Ma N, Garcia M, Stiles C, et al. Common developmental requirement for Olig function indicates a motor neuron/oligodendrocyte connection. Cell. 2002;109:75-86 pubmedThe oligodendrocyte lineage genes Olig1 and Olig2 encode related bHLH proteins that are coexpressed in neural progenitors...
- Cai J, Qi Y, Hu X, Tan M, Liu Z, Zhang J, et al. Generation of oligodendrocyte precursor cells from mouse dorsal spinal cord independent of Nkx6 regulation and Shh signaling. Neuron. 2005;45:41-53 pubmed..In addition, we provide genetic evidence that oligodendrogenesis can occur in the absence of hedgehog receptor Smoothened, which is essential for all hedgehog signaling. ..
- Takebayashi H, Yoshida S, Sugimori M, Kosako H, Kominami R, Nakafuku M, et al. Dynamic expression of basic helix-loop-helix Olig family members: implication of Olig2 in neuron and oligodendrocyte differentiation and identification of a new member, Olig3. Mech Dev. 2000;99:143-8 pubmed..Here, we describe a novel bHLH family consisting of three members, two of which (Olig1, Olig2) are expressed in a nervous tissue-specific manner, whereas the third, Olig3 is found mainly in non-neural ..
- Balasubramaniyan V, Timmer N, Kust B, Boddeke E, Copray S. Transient expression of Olig1 initiates the differentiation of neural stem cells into oligodendrocyte progenitor cells. Stem Cells. 2004;22:878-82 pubmed..and PDGF, we attempted to initiate the gene transcription program for OPC differentiation by transfection of the Olig1 gene, a transcription factor known to be involved in the induction of oligodendrocyte lineage formation during ..
- Weider M, Wegener A, Schmitt C, KÃ¼spert M, HillgÃ¤rtner S, BÃ¶sl M, et al. Elevated in vivo levels of a single transcription factor directly convert satellite glia into oligodendrocyte-like cells. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005008 pubmed publisher..directly induced key elements of the regulatory network of differentiating oligodendrocytes, including Olig2, Olig1, Nkx2.2 and Myrf. An upstream enhancer mediated the direct induction of the Olig2 gene...
- Zhao S, Hu X, Park J, Zhu Y, Zhu Q, Li H, et al. Selective expression of LDLR and VLDLR in myelinating oligodendrocytes. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2708-12 pubmed..Together, our expression studies suggest that cholesterol uptake by LDLR and VLDLR may play an important role in the formation of myelin sheath. ..
- Toda T, Hayakawa I, Matsubayashi Y, Tanaka K, Ikenaka K, Lu Q, et al. Termination of lesion-induced plasticity in the mouse barrel cortex in the absence of oligodendrocytes. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;39:40-9 pubmed publisher..To test this hypothesis, we used two mouse lines with defective OL differentiation: Olig1-deficient and jimpy...
- Friedli M, Barde I, Arcangeli M, Verp S, Quazzola A, Zakany J, et al. A systematic enhancer screen using lentivector transgenesis identifies conserved and non-conserved functional elements at the Olig1 and Olig2 locus. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15741 pubmed publisher..this enhancer, which is active in the neural tube and posterior diencephalon, influences the expression of the Olig1 and/or Olig2 genes...
- Moreau Fauvarque C, Kumanogoh A, Camand E, Jaillard C, Barbin G, Boquet I, et al. The transmembrane semaphorin Sema4D/CD100, an inhibitor of axonal growth, is expressed on oligodendrocytes and upregulated after CNS lesion. J Neurosci. 2003;23:9229-39 pubmed..Double-labeling experiments with different markers of oligodendrocyte lineage such as olig1, olig2, platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha, and proteolipid protein showed that Sema4D was expressed ..
- Weng Q, Chen Y, Wang H, Xu X, Yang B, He Q, et al. Dual-mode modulation of Smad signaling by Smad-interacting protein Sip1 is required for myelination in the central nervous system. Neuron. 2012;73:713-28 pubmed publisher..The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors Olig1 and Olig2 promote myelination, whereas bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) and Wnt/?-catenin signaling inhibit ..
- Mukhopadhyay A, McGuire T, Peng C, Kessler J. Differential effects of BMP signaling on parvalbumin and somatostatin interneuron differentiation. Development. 2009;136:2633-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, BMP4 signaling through type I receptors regulates the differentiation of two major medial ganglionic eminence-derived interneuron populations and defines their relative numbers in the cortex. ..
- Zou Y, Jiang W, Wang J, Li Z, Zhang J, Bu J, et al. Oligodendrocyte precursor cell-intrinsic effect of Rheb1 controls differentiation and mediates mTORC1-dependent myelination in brain. J Neurosci. 2014;34:15764-78 pubmed publisher..in mouse oligodendrocyte lineage using separate Cre drivers for oligodendrocyte progenitor cells (OPCs) including Olig1-Cre and Olig2-Cre as well as differentiated and mature oligodendrocytes including CNP-Cre and Tmem10-Cre...
- Zeger M, Popken G, Zhang J, Xuan S, Lu Q, Schwab M, et al. Insulin-like growth factor type 1 receptor signaling in the cells of oligodendrocyte lineage is required for normal in vivo oligodendrocyte development and myelination. Glia. 2007;55:400-11 pubmed..we generated lines of mice in which the type 1 IGF receptor gene (igf1r) was conditionally ablated either in Olig1 or proteolipid protein expressing cells (termed IGF1R(pre-oligo-ko) and IGF1R(oligo-ko) mice, respectively)...
- Darr A, Danzi M, Brady L, Emig Agius D, Hackett A, Golshani R, et al. Identification of genome-wide targets of Olig2 in the adult mouse spinal cord using ChIP-Seq. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186091 pubmed publisher..This suggests Olig2 continues to play a critical role in processes related to OL differentiation and myelination well into adulthood. ..
- Parras C, Hunt C, Sugimori M, Nakafuku M, Rowitch D, Guillemot F. The proneural gene Mash1 specifies an early population of telencephalic oligodendrocytes. J Neurosci. 2007;27:4233-42 pubmed
- Alberta J, Park S, Mora J, Yuk D, Pawlitzky I, Iannarelli P, et al. Sonic hedgehog is required during an early phase of oligodendrocyte development in mammalian brain. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;18:434-41 pubmed..Moreover, adenovirus-mediated Olig1 ectopic expression can promote OLP formation independent of Shh activity...
- Benson M, Romero M, Lush M, Lu Q, Henkemeyer M, Parada L. Ephrin-B3 is a myelin-based inhibitor of neurite outgrowth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10694-9 pubmed..Our data describe a known vertebrate axon guidance molecule as a myelin-based inhibitor of neurite outgrowth. ..
- Ju J, Liu Q, Zhang Y, Liu Y, Jiang M, Zhang L, et al. Olig2 regulates Purkinje cell generation in the early developing mouse cerebellum. Sci Rep. 2016;6:30711 pubmed publisher..In the cerebellum, deletion of both Olig2 and Olig1 results in impaired genesis of Purkinje cells (PCs) and Pax2(+) interneurons...
- Lavado A, Oliver G. Prox1 expression patterns in the developing and adult murine brain. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:518-24 pubmed..In adulthood, Prox1 expression remains only in the hippocampus and cerebellum. These complex patterns of expression suggest that Prox1 activity is differentially required during brain development and adulthood. ..
- Kordes U, Cheng Y, Scotting P. Sox group E gene expression distinguishes different types and maturational stages of glial cells in developing chick and mouse. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;157:209-13 pubmed..Sox8 appeared both in oligodendrocytes and astrocytes, Sox9 was more abundant in astrocytes and Sox10 was restricted to later stages of oligodendrocyte development. ..
- Tan M, Hu X, Qi Y, Park J, Cai J, Qiu M. Gli3 mutation rescues the generation, but not the differentiation, of oligodendrocytes in Shh mutants. Brain Res. 2006;1067:158-63 pubmed
- Guo X, Harada C, Namekata K, Mitamura Y, Yoshida H, Matsumoto Y, et al. Delayed onset of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in Olig1 deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisherb>Olig1 is a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor that is essential for oligodendrogenesis and efficient remyelination. However, its role in neurodegenerative disorders has not been well-elucidated...
- Vergaño Vera E, Méndez Gómez H, Hurtado Chong A, Cigudosa J, Vicario Abejón C. Fibroblast growth factor-2 increases the expression of neurogenic genes and promotes the migration and differentiation of neurons derived from transplanted neural stem/progenitor cells. Neuroscience. 2009;162:39-54 pubmed publisher..Hence, the migration and maturation of neurons derived from transplanted NSC can be promoted by upregulating neurogenic gene expression with FGF-2. ..
- Furusho M, Roulois A, Franklin R, Bansal R. Fibroblast growth factor signaling in oligodendrocyte-lineage cells facilitates recovery of chronically demyelinated lesions but is redundant in acute lesions. Glia. 2015;63:1714-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, FGF-based therapies have potential value in stimulating oligodendrocyte and myelin regeneration in late-stage disease. ..
- Dai J, Bercury K, Ahrendsen J, Macklin W. Olig1 function is required for oligodendrocyte differentiation in the mouse brain. J Neurosci. 2015;35:4386-402 pubmed publisher..Two bHLH transcription factors in this network, Olig1 and Olig2, are expressed exclusively by oligodendrocytes after late embryonic development...
- Zhu Y, Li H, Li K, Zhao X, An T, Hu X, et al. Necl-4/SynCAM-4 is expressed in myelinating oligodendrocytes but not required for axonal myelination. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64264 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, disruption of Necl-4 had no significant effect on axonal myelination in the PNS either. Therefore, our results demonstrated that Necl-4 is dispensable for axonal myelination in the developing nervous system. ..
- Ishii A, Furusho M, Bansal R. Sustained activation of ERK1/2 MAPK in oligodendrocytes and schwann cells enhances myelin growth and stimulates oligodendrocyte progenitor expansion. J Neurosci. 2013;33:175-86 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Schwann cells with activated ERK1/2 hypermyelinate PNS axons, suggesting that ERK1/2 signaling is a conserved mechanism that promotes both CNS and PNS developmental myelination. ..
- Zhu Q, Tan Z, Zhao S, Huang H, Zhao X, Hu X, et al. Developmental expression and function analysis of protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type D in oligodendrocyte myelination. Neuroscience. 2015;308:106-14 pubmed publisher..Our results also showed that the remyelination process was not affected in the absence of PTPRD function after a cuprizone-induced demyelination in adult animals. ..
- Chatterjee G, Rosner A, Han Y, Zelazny E, Li B, Cardiff R, et al. Acceleration of mouse mammary tumor virus-induced murine mammary tumorigenesis by a p53 172H transgene: influence of FVB background on tumor latency and identification of novel sites of proviral insertion. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:2241-53 pubmed..in signaling (Pdgfra, Pde1b, Cnk1), cell adhesion (Cd44), angiogenesis (Galgt1), and transcriptional regulation (Olig1, Olig2, and Uncx4.1). These may represent cellular functions that are likely not deregulated by mutation in p53.
- Dai J, Bercury K, Jin W, Macklin W. Olig1 Acetylation and Nuclear Export Mediate Oligodendrocyte Development. J Neurosci. 2015;35:15875-93 pubmed publisherThe oligodendrocyte transcription factor Olig1 is critical for both oligodendrocyte development and remyelination in mice...
- Motizuki M, Isogaya K, Miyake K, Ikushima H, Kubota T, Miyazono K, et al. Oligodendrocyte transcription factor 1 (Olig1) is a Smad cofactor involved in cell motility induced by transforming growth factor-?. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:18911-22 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor Olig1 is a Smad cofactor involved in TGF-?-induced cell motility...
- Kawakami Y, Yoshida K, Yang J, Suzuki T, Azuma N, Sakai K, et al. Impaired neurogenesis in embryonic spinal cord of Phgdh knockout mice, a serine deficiency disorder model. Neurosci Res. 2009;63:184-93 pubmed publisher..The present integrative study provides in vivo evidence that normal cell cycle progression and subsequent neurogenesis of radial glia cells are severely impaired by serine deficiency. ..
- Britanova O, Alifragis P, Junek S, Jones K, Gruss P, Tarabykin V. A novel mode of tangential migration of cortical projection neurons. Dev Biol. 2006;298:299-311 pubmed..are derived from Emx1+ cortical progenitors and express the transcription factor Satb2 but do not express GABA or Olig1. In vitro and in vivo analysis of reeler mutant brains demonstrated that although reeler mutation does not ..
- Virard I, Coquillat D, Bancila M, Kaing S, Durbec P. Oligodendrocyte precursor cells generate pituicytes in vivo during neurohypophysis development. Glia. 2006;53:294-303 pubmed..Finally, we establish a lineage relationship between olig1+ cells, most likely OPCs, and the pituicytes by fate-mapping experiments using genetically engineered mice...
- Spassky N, Heydon K, Mangatal A, Jankovski A, Olivier C, Queraud Lesaux F, et al. Sonic hedgehog-dependent emergence of oligodendrocytes in the telencephalon: evidence for a source of oligodendrocytes in the olfactory bulb that is independent of PDGFRalpha signaling. Development. 2001;128:4993-5004 pubmed..This delay between determination and differentiation appears to be intrinsic to telencephalic oligodendrocytes, as it was not shortened by diffusible or cell-cell contact factors present in the spinal cord. ..
- Jiang M, Liu L, He X, Wang H, Lin W, Wang H, et al. Regulation of PERK-eIF2? signalling by tuberous sclerosis complex-1 controls homoeostasis and survival of myelinating oligodendrocytes. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12185 pubmed publisher..Thus, TSC1-mTOR signalling acts as an important checkpoint for maintaining oligodendrocyte homoeostasis, pointing to a previously uncharacterized ER stress mechanism that contributes to hypomyelination in tuberous sclerosis. ..
- He L, Yu K, Lu F, Wang J, Wu L, Zhao C, et al. Transcriptional Regulator ZEB2 Is Essential for Bergmann Glia Development. J Neurosci. 2018;38:1575-1587 pubmed publisher..This finding demonstrates a previously unrecognized critical role for ZEB2 in Bergmann glia specification, and points to an important contribution of ZEB2 dysfunction to cerebellar motor disorders in Mowat-Wilson syndrome. ..
- Niu J, Mei F, Wang L, Liu S, Tian Y, Mo W, et al. Phosphorylated olig1 localizes to the cytosol of oligodendrocytes and promotes membrane expansion and maturation. Glia. 2012;60:1427-36 pubmed publisher..b>Olig1, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, functions to promote the transcription of myelin-specific genes ..
- De Biase L, Kang S, Baxi E, Fukaya M, Pucak M, Mishina M, et al. NMDA receptor signaling in oligodendrocyte progenitors is not required for oligodendrogenesis and myelination. J Neurosci. 2011;31:12650-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NMDAR signaling is not used to control OPC development but to regulate AMPAR-dependent signaling with surrounding axons, pointing to additional functions for these ubiquitous glial cells. ..
- Zou Y, Li J, Cui Y, Tang P, Du L, Chen T, et al. Terahertz Spectroscopic Diagnosis of Myelin Deficit Brain in Mice and Rhesus Monkey with Chemometric Techniques. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5176 pubmed publisher..The results well matched the pathological analysis, indicating that PCA-tdTHz is a quick, powerful, evolving tool for identification and evaluation myelin deficit in preclinical animals and potentially in para-clinical human biopsy. ..
- Guimera J, Weisenhorn D, Wurst W. Megane/Heslike is required for normal GABAergic differentiation in the mouse superior colliculus. Development. 2006;133:3847-57 pubmed..Vertebrate h/E(spl)-related genes can no longer be regarded solely as a factors that confer generic neurogenic properties, but as key components for the subtype-neuronal identity in the mammalian CNS. ..
- Dias J, Alekseenko Z, Applequist J, Ericson J. TgfÎ² signaling regulates temporal neurogenesis and potency of neural stem cells in the CNS. Neuron. 2014;84:927-39 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes TgfÎ² as a regulator of temporal identity and potency of neural stem cells, and provides proof of concept that TgfÎ² can be applied to modulate temporal specification of neurons in stem cell engineering. ..
- Gong X, Lin T, Sun Z, Fu M, Zuo H, Xie Z. Olig1 is downregulated in oligodendrocyte progenitor cell differentiation. Neuroreport. 2008;19:1203-7 pubmed publisherb>Olig1 is a transcription factor that is essential for oligodendrogenesis. It is important to understand the upstream regulation of Olig1 expression because of its critical role in remyelination repair...
- Gong X, Xie Z, Zuo H. Invivo insulin deficiency as a potential etiology for demyelinating disease. Med Hypotheses. 2008;71:399-403 pubmed publisher..b>Olig1 is a vital transcription factor involved in oligodendrogenesis and is essential for the survival and maturation of ..
- Whitman L, Blanc C, Schaumburg C, Rowitch D, Lane T. Olig1 function is required for remyelination potential of transplanted neural progenitor cells in a model of viral-induced demyelination. Exp Neurol. 2012;235:380-7 pubmed publisher..The current study examines the contributions of the transcription factor Olig1 on NPC differentiation and remyelination...
- He D, Wang J, Lu Y, Deng Y, Zhao C, Xu L, et al. lncRNA Functional Networks in Oligodendrocytes Reveal Stage-Specific Myelination Control by an lncOL1/Suz12 Complex in the CNS. Neuron. 2017;93:362-378 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings reveal a key lncRNA epigenetic circuitry through interaction with chromatin-modifying complexes in control of CNS myelination and myelin repair. ..
- Hashimoto M, Murata K, Ishida J, Kanou A, Kasuya Y, Fukamizu A. Severe Hypomyelination and Developmental Defects Are Caused in Mice Lacking Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 1 (PRMT1) in the Central Nervous System. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2237-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that PRMT1 is required for CNS development, especially for oligodendrocyte maturation processes. ..
- Shum A, Tang L, Copp A, Roelink H. Lack of motor neuron differentiation is an intrinsic property of the mouse secondary neural tube. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3192-203 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results support that the lack of motor neuron differentiation is an intrinsic property of the mouse secondary neural tube. ..
- Ligon K, Huillard E, Mehta S, Kesari S, Liu H, Alberta J, et al. Olig2-regulated lineage-restricted pathway controls replication competence in neural stem cells and malignant glioma. Neuron. 2007;53:503-17 pubmed..Our findings identify an Olig2-regulated lineage-restricted pathway critical for proliferation of normal and tumorigenic CNS stem cells. ..
- Moyon S, Huynh J, Dutta D, Zhang F, Ma D, Yoo S, et al. Functional Characterization of DNA Methylation in the Oligodendrocyte Lineage. Cell Rep. 2016;15:748-760 pubmed publisher..Therefore, loss of Dnmt1 in OPCs is not sufficient to induce a lineage switch but acts as an important determinant of the coordination between RNA splicing and protein synthesis necessary for myelin formation. ..
- Sugitani Y, Nakai S, Minowa O, Nishi M, Jishage K, Kawano H, et al. Brn-1 and Brn-2 share crucial roles in the production and positioning of mouse neocortical neurons. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1760-5 pubmed..These data indicate that Brn-1 and Brn-2 share roles in the production and positioning of neocortical neuron development. ..
- Sugimori M, Nagao M, Bertrand N, Parras C, Guillemot F, Nakafuku M. Combinatorial actions of patterning and HLH transcription factors in the spatiotemporal control of neurogenesis and gliogenesis in the developing spinal cord. Development. 2007;134:1617-29 pubmed..We propose a molecular code model whereby the combinatorial actions of two classes of transcription factors coordinately regulate the domain-specific temporal sequence of neurogenesis and gliogenesis in the developing spinal cord. ..