Genomes and Genes
nuclear mitotic apparatus protein 1
Gene Symbol: nuclear mitotic apparatus protein 1
Description: nuclear mitotic apparatus protein 1
Alias: 6720401E04Rik, AA764025, AL022610, AU014979, NuMA, nuclear mitotic apparatus protein 1
Products: nuclear mitotic apparatus protein 1
- El Hashash A, Warburton D. Cell polarity and spindle orientation in the distal epithelium of embryonic lung. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:441-5 pubmed publisher..Consistent with these findings, mInsc, LGN, and NuMA polarity proteins, which control spindle orientation, are asymmetrically localized in mitotic distal epithelial ..
- Seldin L, Poulson N, Foote H, Lechler T. NuMA localization, stability, and function in spindle orientation involve 4.1 and Cdk1 interactions. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3651-62 pubmed publisher..A conserved cortical protein complex, including LGN, nuclear mitotic apparatus (NuMA), and dynein/dynactin, plays a key role in establishing proper spindle orientation during asymmetric divisions...
- Van Thuan N, Wakayama S, Kishigami S, Wakayama T. Donor centrosome regulation of initial spindle formation in mouse somatic cell nuclear transfer: roles of gamma-tubulin and nuclear mitotic apparatus protein 1. Biol Reprod. 2006;74:777-87 pubmed..of spindle-chromosome complex depletion in the oocyte, it is unclear whether both gamma-tubulin and nuclear mitotic apparatus protein 1 (NUMA1), which are required for mitotic organization and spindle assembly, are removed...
- Chaffee B, Shang F, Chang M, Clement T, Eddy E, Wagner B, et al. Nuclear removal during terminal lens fiber cell differentiation requires CDK1 activity: appropriating mitosis-related nuclear disassembly. Development. 2014;141:3388-98 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that CDK1-dependent phosphorylations required for the initiation of nuclear membrane disassembly during mitosis are adapted for removal of nuclei during fiber cell differentiation. ..
- Kolano A, Brunet S, Silk A, Cleveland D, Verlhac M. Error-prone mammalian female meiosis from silencing the spindle assembly checkpoint without normal interkinetochore tension. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E1858-67 pubmed publisher..Cre recombinase-mediated removal in oocytes of the microtubule binding site of nuclear mitotic apparatus protein (NuMA), which is implicated in anchoring microtubules at poles, we determine that without functional NuMA, microtubules ..
- Lake B, Sokol S. Strabismus regulates asymmetric cell divisions and cell fate determination in the mouse brain. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:59-66 pubmed publisher..we observed a decreased frequency in asymmetric distribution of the LGN target nuclear mitotic apparatus protein (NuMa) in Lp/Lp cortical progenitors in vivo...
- Croyle M, Lehman J, O Connor A, Wong S, Malarkey E, Iribarne D, et al. Role of epidermal primary cilia in the homeostasis of skin and hair follicles. Development. 2011;138:1675-85 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that epidermal primary cilia may function in stress responses and epidermal homeostasis involving pathways other than those typically associated with primary cilia. ..
- Seldin L, Muroyama A, Lechler T. NuMA-microtubule interactions are critical for spindle orientation and the morphogenesis of diverse epidermal structures. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..A complex of NuMA and dynein/dynactin is required for robust spindle orientation in a number of cell types...
- Wang X, Yang Y, Duan Q, Jiang N, Huang Y, Darzynkiewicz Z, et al. sSgo1, a major splice variant of Sgo1, functions in centriole cohesion where it is regulated by Plk1. Dev Cell. 2008;14:331-41 pubmed publisher..Our studies strongly suggest that sSgo1 plays an essential role in protecting centriole cohesion, which is partly regulated by Plk1. ..