Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nt5e
Description: 5' nucleotidase, ecto
Alias: 2210401F01Rik, 5'-NT, AI447961, CD73, Nt5, eNT, 5'-nucleotidase, ecto-5'-nucleotidase
- Species-specific patterns of glycoprotein expression in the developing rodent caudoputamen: association of 5'-nucleotidase activity with dopamine islands and striosomes in rat, but with extrastriosomal matrix in mouseS W Schoen
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
J Comp Neurol 333:578-96. 1993....
- CD73 and Ly-6A/E distinguish in vivo primed but uncommitted mouse CD4 T cells from type 1 or type 2 effector cellsLi Yang
David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology, and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 175:6458-64. 2005..Using Affymetrix GeneChips followed by FACS analysis, we found that in vitro-derived Thpp cells expressed CD73 but not Ly-6A/E, whereas Th1 and Th2 cells showed the reciprocal pattern...
- CD73 is required for efficient entry of lymphocytes into the central nervous system during experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisJeffrey H Mills
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9325-30. 2008b>CD73 is a cell surface enzyme of the purine catabolic pathway that catalyzes the breakdown of AMP to adenosine...
- Altered purinergic signaling in CD73-deficient mice inhibits tumor progressionGennady G Yegutkin
MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, and National Institute of Health and Welfare, Turku, Finland
Eur J Immunol 41:1231-41. 2011b>CD73/ecto-5'-nucleotidase dephosphorylates extracellular AMP into adenosine, and it is a key enzyme in the regulation of adenosinergic signaling. The contribution of host CD73 to tumor growth and anti-tumor immunity has not been studied...
- Deficiency of CD73/ecto-5'-nucleotidase in mice enhances acute graft-versus-host diseaseHiroki Tsukamoto
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Blood 119:4554-64. 2012..We used gene-targeted mice and a pharmacologic inhibitor to test the role of adenosine generated by CD73/ecto-5'-nucleotidase in GVHD...
- Extracellular adenosine production by ecto-5'-nucleotidase protects during murine hepatic ischemic preconditioningMelanie L Hart
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 135:1739-1750.e3. 2008..We investigated whether ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73), the "pacemaker" enzyme of extracellular adenosine production, is critical for hepatic protection by IP.
- Adenosine and inflammation: CD39 and CD73 are critical mediators in LPS-induced PMN trafficking into the lungsJörg Reutershan
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
FASEB J 23:473-82. 2009..two-step enzymatic conversion of precursor nucleotides via the ecto-apyrase (CD39) and the ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73)...
- Ecto-5' nucleotidase (CD73)-mediated adenosine generation and signaling in murine cardiac allograft vasculopathyTomomi Hasegawa
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Circ Res 103:1410-21. 2008Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) catalyzes the terminal phosphohydrolysis of 5'-adenosine monophosphate and is widely expressed on endothelial cells where it regulates barrier function...
- CD73 is expressed by human regulatory T helper cells and suppresses proinflammatory cytokine production and Helicobacter felis-induced gastritis in miceMohammad S Alam
Digestive Health Center, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0708, USA
J Infect Dis 199:494-504. 2009Regulatory T cells (known as "Treg") express apyrases (CD39) and ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) and contribute to their inhibitory function by generating adenosine...
- CD73-generated adenosine facilitates Toxoplasma gondii differentiation to long-lived tissue cysts in the central nervous systemDeeqa A Mahamed
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:16312-7. 2012..Here, we show that CD73(-/-) mice, which lack the ability to generate extracellular adenosine, are protected from T...
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) inhibits nociception by hydrolyzing AMP to adenosine in nociceptive circuitsNathaniel A Sowa
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, UNC Neuroscience Center and Curriculum in Neurobiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Neurosci 30:2235-44. 2010Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (NT5E, CD73) is a membrane-anchored protein that hydrolyzes extracellular adenosine 5'-monophosphate (AMP) to adenosine in diverse tissues but has not been directly studied in nociceptive neurons...
- Disordered lymphoid purine metabolism contributes to the pathogenesis of persistent Borrelia garinii infection in miceGennady G Yegutkin
MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, Tykistokatu 6A, 20520 Turku, Finland
J Immunol 184:5112-20. 2010..upregulations of adenosine triphosphatase/ectonucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase and ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73 on CD4(+)CD8(+) T lymphocytes and adenosine deaminase activity on B220(+) B lymphocytes...
- High expression and activity of ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73 in the male murine reproductive tractMireia Martín-Satué
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Histochem Cell Biol 133:659-68. 2010..profile of the main enzyme responsible for the generation of adenosine from AMP, namely the ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73)...
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) attenuates allograft airway rejection through adenosine 2A receptor stimulationTakashi Ohtsuka
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 185:1321-9. 2010..This study tested the hypothesis that CD73 (ecto-5'nucleotidase), an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of AMP to adenosine, is a critical negative ..
- Stat3 and Gfi-1 transcription factors control Th17 cell immunosuppressive activity via the regulation of ectonucleotidase expressionFanny Chalmin
INSERM, U866, 21000 Dijon, France
Immunity 36:362-73. 2012..Here, we showed that in vitro Th17 cells generated with the cytokines IL-6 and TGF-β expressed CD39 and CD73 ectonucleotidases, leading to adenosine release and the subsequent suppression of CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cell effector ..
- Regulation of leukocyte migration across endothelial barriers by ECTO-5'-nucleotidase-generated adenosineLinda F Thompson
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 27:755-60. 2008b>CD73-deficient mice are valuable for evaluating the ability of CD73-generated adenosine to modulate adenosine receptor-mediated responses. Here we report the role of CD73 in regulating lymphocyte migration across two distinct barriers...
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) decreases mortality and organ injury in sepsisGyorgy Hasko
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Immunol 187:4256-67. 2011..In this study, we investigated the role of the adenosine-generating ectoenzyme, ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73), in regulating immune and organ function during sepsis...
- CD73-deficient mice have increased antitumor immunity and are resistant to experimental metastasisJohn Stagg
Trescowthick Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Cancer Res 71:2892-900. 2011b>CD73 is a cell-surface enzyme that suppresses immune responses by producing extracellular adenosine...
- Different role of CD73 in leukocyte trafficking via blood and lymph vesselsAnnika Algars
MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Blood 117:4387-93. 2011b>CD73 is involved in the extracellular ATP metabolism by dephosphorylating extracellular AMP to adenosine and thus regulating permeability of the blood vessels and leukocyte traffic into the tissues...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1α-dependent protection from intestinal ischemia/reperfusion injury involves ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) and the A2B adenosine receptorMelanie L Hart
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Tubingen University Hospital, D 72074 Tubingen, Germany
J Immunol 186:4367-74. 2011..factor (HIF)-1-elicited enhancement of extracellular adenosine production via ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) and signaling through the A2B adenosine receptor (A2BAR), we targeted HIF-1 during IR using pharmacological or ..
- CD73 has distinct roles in nonhematopoietic and hematopoietic cells to promote tumor growth in miceLong Wang
Cancer Therapy and Research Center, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2371-82. 2011b>CD73 is overexpressed in many types of human and mouse cancers and is implicated in the control of tumor progression. However, the specific contribution from tumor or host CD73 expression to tumor growth remains unknown to date...
- CD73-generated adenosine promotes osteoblast differentiationMasahide Takedachi
Department of Periodontology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
J Cell Physiol 227:2622-31. 2012..roles of adenosine receptors (AR) on osteoblasts and osteoclasts have been unveiled to some extent, the roles of CD73 and CD73-generated adenosine in bone tissue are largely unknown...
- Extracellular purine metabolism and signaling of CD73-derived adenosine in murine Treg and Teff cellsMichael Romio
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 301:C530-9. 2011b>CD73-derived adenosine acts as potent inhibitor of inflammation, and regulatory T cells (Treg) have been shown to express CD73 as a novel marker...
- Generation of anti-inflammatory adenosine by leukocytes is regulated by TGF-βFrederico S Regateiro
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, UK
Eur J Immunol 41:2955-65. 2011..anti-inflammatory extracellular adenosine are controlled by the sequential action of the ectonucleotidases CD39 and CD73, whose expression in CD4(+) T cells has been associated with natural regulatory T cells (nTregs)...
- Impairment of tubuloglomerular feedback regulation of GFR in ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73-deficient miceHayo Castrop
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Clin Invest 114:634-42. 2004..NaCl-dependent GFR regulation (tubuloglomerular feedback) in mice with targeted deletion of ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73 (e-5'NT/CD73), the enzyme responsible for adenosine formation from AMP...
- CD73/ecto-5'-nucleotidase protects against vascular inflammation and neointima formationAlma Zernecke
Institute of Molecular Cardiovascular Research, Rheinisch Westfälische Technisch Hochschule, Aachen, Germany
Circulation 113:2120-7. 2006Although CD73/ecto-5'-nucleotidase has been implicated in maintaining vasoprotection, its role in regulating endothelial adhesion molecule or inflammatory monocyte recruitment (eg, in the context of vascular injury) remains to be defined.
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73)-mediated adenosine production is tissue protective in a model of bleomycin-induced lung injuryJonathan B Volmer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Medical School, Houston, 77030, USA
J Immunol 176:4449-58. 2006..In addition, increased activity of ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) was found in the lungs in conjunction with adenosine elevations...
- T regulatory and primed uncommitted CD4 T cells express CD73, which suppresses effector CD4 T cells by converting 5'-adenosine monophosphate to adenosineJames J Kobie
David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 177:6780-6. 2006b>CD73 (5'-ectonucleotidase) is expressed by two distinct mouse CD4 T cell populations: CD25+ (FoxP3+) T regulatory (Treg) cells that suppress T cell proliferation but do not secrete IL-2, and CD25- uncommitted primed precursor Th (Thpp) ..
- Cardioprotection by ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) and A2B adenosine receptorsTobias Eckle
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Tubingen University Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Circulation 115:1581-90. 2007Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73)-dependent adenosine generation has been implicated in tissue protection during acute injury. Once generated, adenosine can activate cell-surface adenosine receptors (A1 AR, A2A AR, A2B AR, A3 AR)...
- Adenosine generation catalyzed by CD39 and CD73 expressed on regulatory T cells mediates immune suppressionSilvia Deaglio
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Transplantation Research Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Exp Med 204:1257-65. 2007..We show that the expression of CD39/ENTPD1 in concert with CD73/ecto-5'-nucleotidase distinguishes CD4(+)/CD25(+)/Foxp3(+) T reg cells from other T cells...
- Crucial role for ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) in vascular leakage during hypoxiaLinda F Thompson
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 NE 13th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Exp Med 200:1395-405. 2004..nucleotide intermediates, and is regulated by the terminal enzymatic step catalyzed by ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73)...
- IFN-beta protects from vascular leakage via up-regulation of CD73Jan Kiss
MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, Department of Medical Microbiology, and Turku University Hospital, Department of Surgery, Finland
Eur J Immunol 37:3334-8. 2007..mediators controlling endothelial permeability under normal conditions, and an endothelial cell surface enzyme CD73 is a key regulator of adenosine production. Here we report that IFN-beta is a novel inducer of CD73...
- Targeted disruption of cd73/ecto-5'-nucleotidase alters thromboregulation and augments vascular inflammatory responsePatrycja Koszalka
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
Circ Res 95:814-21. 2004..the role of adenosine formed extracellularly in vascular homeostasis, mice with a targeted deletion of the cd73/ecto-5'-nucleotidase were generated...
- Endogenous adenosine produced during hypoxia attenuates neutrophil accumulation: coordination by extracellular nucleotide metabolismHolger K Eltzschig
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Thorn Building 704, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 104:3986-92. 2004..CD39 converts adenosine triphosphate/adenosine diphosphate [ATP/ADP] to adenosine monophosphate [AMP]) and CD73 ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73 converts AMP to adenosine)...
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) -mediated extracellular adenosine production plays a critical role in hepatic fibrosisZhongsheng Peng
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
FASEB J 22:2263-72. 2008..Because ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) catalyzes the terminal step in extracellular adenosine formation from AMP, we determined whether CD73 plays a role ..
- Control of IFN-alphaA by CD73: implications for mucosal inflammationNancy A Louis
Neonatology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 180:4246-55. 2008..Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) is a central surface enzyme generating extracellular adenosine...
- Role of extracellular nucleotide phosphohydrolysis in intestinal ischemia-reperfusion injuryMelanie L Hart
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
FASEB J 22:2784-97. 2008..from its precursor molecule adenosine-monophosphate (AMP) through the enzyme ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73), we examined the contribution of CD73-dependent adenosine production in modulation of intestinal ischemia-..
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (cd73)-dependent and -independent generation of adenosine participates in the mediation of tubuloglomerular feedback in vivoDan Yang Huang
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 291:F282-8. 2006..To test the role of extracellular formation of adenosine by ecto-5'-nucleotidase (cd73) in TGF, in regulation of GFR, and in tubular reabsorption, renal clearance and micropunture experiments were ..
- Germline loss of PKM2 promotes metabolic distress and hepatocellular carcinomaTalya L Dayton
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genes Dev 30:1020-33. 2016..Therefore, in addition to its role in cancer metabolism, PKM2 plays a role in controlling systemic metabolic homeostasis and inflammation, thereby preventing HCC by a non-cell-autonomous mechanism...
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase CD73 modulates the innate immune response to influenza infection but is not required for development of influenza-induced acute lung injuryFamke Aeffner
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 309:L1313-22. 2015..Because AMP hydrolysis by the ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) plays a central role in and is rate-limiting for generation of adenosine in the normal lung, we hypothesized that ..
- CD73 Pathway Contributes to the Immunosuppressive Ability of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Intraocular Autoimmune ResponsesXiteng Chen
1 Tianjin Medical University Eye Hospital, Eye Institute and School of Optometry and Ophthalmology, Tianjin, China
Stem Cells Dev 25:337-46. 2016..Here, we investigated the role of the CD73/adenosine pathway in immune modulation by MSCs using a mouse model of experimental autoimmune uveitis (EAU)...
- Downregulation of CD73 in 4T1 breast cancer cells through siRNA-loaded chitosan-lactate nanoparticlesFarhad Jadidi-Niaragh
Department of Immunology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Tumour Biol 37:8403-12. 2016..be secreted by both tumor and immune cells trough action of two cell surface ecto-nucleotidase molecules CD39 and CD73. Blocking the adenosine generating molecules has emerged as an effective immunotherapeutic approach for treatment ..
- CD73 plays a protective role in collagen-induced arthritisPavel Chrobak
Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier l Université de Montréal, Faculté de Pharmacie de l Université de Montréal et Institut du Cancer de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec H2X 0A9, Canada and
J Immunol 194:2487-92. 2015..come from two sources: transport of intracellular adenosine and hydrolysis of extracellular adenine nucleotides by CD73. In this study, we investigated the susceptibility of CD73-deficient C57BL/6 mice to collagen-induced arthritis (..
- CD73 Activity is Dispensable for the Polarization of M2 MacrophagesDominik Eichin
MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
PLoS ONE 10:e0134721. 2015The ectoenzyme CD73 catalyzes the hydrolysis of AMP, and is one of the most important producers of extracellular adenosine...
- Autoimmunity in CD73/Ecto-5'-nucleotidase deficient mice induces renal injuryCornelia Blume
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e37100. 2012Extracellular adenosine formed by 5'-ectonucleotidase (CD73) is involved in tubulo-glomerular feedback in the kidney but is also known to be an important immune modulator...
- Myo5b knockout mice as a model of microvillus inclusion diseaseFernando Cartón-García
1 Group of Molecular Oncology, CIBBIM Nanomedicine, Vall d Hebron University Hospital Research Institute VHIR, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain 2 CIBER de Bioingeniería, Biomateriales y Nanomedicina CIBER BBN, Zaragoza, Spain
Sci Rep 5:12312. 2015....
- CD73+ regulatory T cells contribute to adenosine-mediated resolution of acute lung injuryHeidi Ehrentraut
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
FASEB J 27:2207-19. 2013..Similarly, genetic deletion of cd73, the pacemaker for extracellular adenosine generation, was associated with increased mortality (0% wild-type and 40%..
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) is involved in chronic cerebral hypoperfusion-induced white matter lesions and cognitive impairment by regulating glial cell activation and pro-inflammatory cytokinesX Hou
Department of Neurology, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, China
Neuroscience 297:118-26. 2015..Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73), which dephosphorylates AMP to adenosine, is considered to catalyze the rate-limiting step in the generation of ..
- CD73-dependent generation of adenosine and endothelial Adora2b signaling attenuate diabetic nephropathyEunyoung Tak
Department of Anesthesiology
J Am Soc Nephrol 25:547-63. 2014Nucleotide phosphohydrolysis by the ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) is the main source for extracellular generation of adenosine...
- CD73 expression is dynamically regulated in the germinal center and bone marrow plasma cells are diminished in its absenceLaura J Conter
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e92009. 2014b>CD73 catalyzes the conversion of extracellular nucleosides to adenosine, modulating inflammatory and T cell responses...
- Reducing CD73 expression by IL1β-Programmed Th17 cells improves immunotherapeutic control of tumorsShilpak Chatterjee
Department of Surgery, Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina
Cancer Res 74:6048-59. 2014..protocols for ex vivo programming of Th17 cells, which include TGFβ exposure, increase the expression of CD39 and CD73, two cell surface ATP ectonucleotidases that reduce T-cell effector functions and promote immunosuppression...
- Fetal liver endothelium regulates the seeding of tissue-resident macrophagesPia Rantakari
MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, Turku, FI 20520, Finland
Nature 538:392-396. 2016..Thus, PLVAP selectively controls the exit of macrophage precursors from the fetal liver and, to our knowledge, is the first molecule identified in any organ as regulating the migratory events during embryonic macrophage ontogeny...
- Adenosine activates brown adipose tissue and recruits beige adipocytes via A2A receptorsThorsten Gnad
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital, University of Bonn, 53127 Bonn, Germany
Nature 516:395-9. 2014..Those findings reveal new possibilities for developing novel obesity therapies...
- PAP and NT5E inhibit nociceptive neurotransmission by rapidly hydrolyzing nucleotides to adenosineSarah E Street
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina, CB 7545, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Mol Pain 7:80. 2011Prostatic acid phosphatase (PAP) and ecto-5'-nucleotidase (NT5E, CD73) produce extracellular adenosine from the nucleotide AMP in spinal nociceptive (pain-sensing) circuits; however, it is currently unknown if these are the main ..
- Adenosine enhances sweet taste through A2B receptors in the taste budRobin Dando
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Neurosci 32:322-30. 2012..Adenosine is generated during taste stimulation mainly by the action of the ecto-5'-nucleotidase, NT5E, and to a lesser extent, prostatic acid phosphatase...
- Lack of ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) promotes arteriogenesisYang Chul Böring
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, Dusseldorf 40225, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 97:88-96. 2013..We have previously reported that mice lacking ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73-/-) show enhanced monocyte adhesion to the endothelium after ischaemia, which is considered to be an important ..
- Tissue-resident ecto-5' nucleotidase (CD73) regulates leukocyte trafficking in the ischemic brainDanica Petrovic-Djergovic
Center for Clinical and Translational Research, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Immunol 188:2387-98. 2012Ectoenzymes expressed on the surface of vascular cells and leukocytes modulate the ambient nucleotide milieu. CD73 is an ecto-5' nucleotidase that catalyzes the terminal phosphohydrolysis of AMP and resides in the brain on glial cells, ..
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase on immune cells protects from adverse cardiac remodelingFlorian Bönner
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
Circ Res 113:301-12. 2013Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) on immune cells is emerging as a critical pathway and therapeutic target in cardiovascular and autoimmune disorders.
- Deletion of ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) reveals direct action potential-dependent adenosine releaseBoris P Klyuch
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 32:3842-7. 2012..Here, we have used mice that lack the CD73 gene (encoding ecto-5'-nucleotidase that converts AMP to adenosine) to test whether action potential-dependent ..
- Neuronal adenosine release, and not astrocytic ATP release, mediates feedback inhibition of excitatory activityDitte Lovatt
Center for Translational Neuromedicine, Departments of Neurosurgery and Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:6265-70. 2012..We report here that multiple enzymes degrade extracellular ATP in brain tissue, whereas only Nt5e degrades AMP to adenosine...
- CD73-deficient mice are resistant to carcinogenesisJohn Stagg
Cancer Immunology Program, Trescowthick Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Cancer Res 72:2190-6. 2012b>CD73 is a cell surface 5'-nucleotidase that converts AMP to adenosine, an immune suppressive molecule...
- Graft-versus-host disease is enhanced by selective CD73 blockade in miceLong Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e58397. 2013b>CD73 functions as an ecto-5'-nucleotidase to produce extracellular adenosine that has anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive activity. We here demonstrate that CD73 helps control graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) in mouse models...
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase, CD73, is an endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor synthaseMasanori Ohta
Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:629-36. 2013..Cell surface ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) rapidly dephosphorylates extracellular adenosine 5'-monophosphate to adenosine...
- FACS array profiling identifies Ecto-5' nucleotidase as a striatopallidal neuron-specific gene involved in striatal-dependent learningSabrina L Ena
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, ULB Neuroscience Institute, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Neurosci 33:8794-809. 2013..Thereby, we demonstrate that ecto-5'-nucleotidase (NT5e) is specifically expressed in STP neurons and is at the origin of most of the extracellular adenosine produced in ..
- Inhibition of hippocampal synaptic activity by ATP, hypoxia or oxygen-glucose deprivation does not require CD73Dali Zhang
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e39772. 2012..The present study was performed to test the importance of CD73 (ecto-5'-nucleotidase) for basal and hypoxic/ischemic adenosine production...
- Resident cardiac immune cells and expression of the ectonucleotidase enzymes CD39 and CD73 after ischemic injuryFlorian Bönner
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e34730. 2012The ectoenzymes CD39 and CD73 are expressed by a broad range of immune cells and promote the extracellular degradation of nucleotides to anti-inflammatory adenosine...
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73)-mediated formation of adenosine is critical for the striatal adenosine A2A receptor functionsElisabete Augusto
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Neurosci 33:11390-9. 2013..We now show that ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73), the major enzyme able to convert extracellular AMP into adenosine, colocalizes with A2ARs in the basal ganglia...
- Differential macrophage activation alters the expression profile of NTPDase and ecto-5'-nucleotidaseRafael Fernandes Zanin
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
PLoS ONE 7:e31205. 2012..such as members of the ectonucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase (E-NTPDase) family and ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73 (ecto-5'-NT)...
- CD73 protects kidney from ischemia-reperfusion injury through reduction of free radicalsRongrong Jian
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, China
APMIS 120:130-8. 2012..Extracellular adenosine is anti-inflammatory especially during hypoxemia. As ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) is the rate-limiting enzyme for extracellular adenosine generation, it may protect renal IRI through adenosine ..
- Alterations in the adenosine metabolism and CD39/CD73 adenosinergic machinery cause loss of Treg cell function and autoimmunity in ADA-deficient SCIDAisha V Sauer
San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy HSR TIGET, Via Olgettina 58, Milan, Italy
Blood 119:1428-39. 2012..Untreated murine ADA(-/-) Tregs show alterations in the plasma membrane CD39/CD73 ectonucleotidase machinery and limited suppressive activity via extracellular adenosine...
- CD73-generated adenosine restricts lymphocyte migration into draining lymph nodesMasahide Takedachi
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 Northeast 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Immunol 180:6288-96. 2008..In this study, we show that CD73 (ecto-5'-nucleotidase) plays an important role in regulating this process...
- Tubuloglomerular feedback and renin secretion in NTPDase1/CD39-deficient miceMona Oppermann
National Institute of Digestive and Diabetes and Kidney Diseases, National Institute of Health, 10 Center Drive MSC 1370, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F965-70. 2008....
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase deficiency exacerbates pressure-overload-induced left ventricular hypertrophy and dysfunctionXin Xu
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Hypertension 51:1557-64. 2008..was performed on mice deficient in extracellular adenosine production as the result of genetic deletion of CD73. Although there was no difference in left ventricular size or function between CD73-deficient mice (knockout [KO] ..
- Neurotrophin-5: a novel neurotrophic factor that activates trk and trkBL R Berkemeier
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
Neuron 7:857-66. 1991..Receptor sharing could enable neurotrophic factors emanating from distinct targets to cooperate in regulating neurons with multiple connections...
- Identification of ectonucleotidases CD39 and CD73 in innate protection during acute lung injuryTobias Eckle
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Center for Biomedical Research, Tubingen University Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Immunol 178:8127-37. 2007..Because ectoapyrase (CD39) and ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) are rate limiting for extracellular adenosine generation, we examined their contribution to ALI...
- Effect of hypoxia/reoxygenation on CD73 (ecto-5'-nucleotidase) in mouse microvessel endothelial cell linesXiaobo Li
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Microvasc Res 72:48-53. 2006..A primary determinant of localized production of adenosine at tissue interfaces is ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73). In our experiments, we used bEnd...
- Subcellular localization of insulin receptor substrate family proteins associated with phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity and alterations in lipolysis in primary mouse adipocytes from IRS-1 null miceY Tsuji
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Diabetes 50:1455-63. 2001....
- Murine ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73): cDNA cloning and tissue distributionR Resta
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City 73104
Gene 133:171-7. 1993..Messenger RNA levels were in general proportional to enzyme activity, except in the lung and glandular stomach where mRNA levels were higher than expected, based on enzyme activity.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Distribution of 5'-nucleotidase in the developing mouse retinaN Braun
Biozentrum der J W Goethe Universität, AK Neurochemie, Zoologisches Institut, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 88:79-86. 1995..Müller cells thus share not only functional characteristics of astrocytes and oligodendrocytes, as previously revealed, but also of ependymal cells to which they are closely related...
- Extracellular cAMP-adenosine pathways in the mouse kidneyEdwin K Jackson
Dept of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, Univ of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15219, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F565-73. 2011..0071), but it did not increase 3',5'-cAMP secretion. The 2',3'-cAMP-adenosine pathway was quantitatively similar in CD73 -/- vs. +/+ kidneys. However, 3',5'-cAMP induced a 6...
- Allergen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness is absent in ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73)-deficient miceRainer Schreiber
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 31, 93053, Regensburg, Germany
Pflugers Arch 457:431-40. 2008Adenosine is formed from extracellular purines by ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) and is an essential player in allergic airway inflammation...
- Adenosine A3 receptor deficiency exerts unanticipated protective effects on the pressure-overloaded left ventricleZhongbing Lu
Center for Vascular Biology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Circulation 118:1713-21. 2008..Endogenous adenosine can protect the overloaded heart against the development of hypertrophy and heart failure, but the contribution of A(1) receptors (A(1)R) and A(3) receptors (A(3)R) is not known...
- PMNs facilitate translocation of platelets across human and mouse epithelium and together alter fluid homeostasis via epithelial cell-expressed ecto-NTPDasesThomas Weissmüller
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Clin Invest 118:3682-92. 2008..ATP, which was metabolized to adenosine via a 2-step enzymatic reaction mediated by ecto-nucleotidases, including CD73 and ecto-nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolases (ecto-NTPDases), expressed on the apical membrane of the ..
- Adenosine signaling contributes to ethanol-induced fatty liver in miceZhongsheng Peng
New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Invest 119:582-94. 2009....
- Endothelial-specific deletion of connexin40 promotes atherosclerosis by increasing CD73-dependent leukocyte adhesionC E Chadjichristos
Division of Cardiology, Geneva University Hospitals and University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Circulation 121:123-31. 2010..The expression of connexin40 (Cx40), an endothelial gap junction protein, is decreased during atherogenesis. In the present report, we sought to determine whether Cx40 contributes to the development of the disease...
- Changes in expression and activity levels of ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73 along the mouse female estrous cycleE Aliagas
Departament Patologia i Terapèutica Experimental, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Barcelona IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 199:191-7. 2010..Cell Biol.131, 2009, 615). The purpose of the present study was to characterize in this system the expression profile of ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73), the enzyme generating adenosine from AMP.
- Both A2a and A2b adenosine receptors at reperfusion are necessary to reduce infarct size in mouse heartsCarmen Methner
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H1262-4. 2010..5'-Ectonucleotidase (CD73) is thought to be necessary for the production of adenosine during ischemia...
- Deficiency or inhibition of CD73 protects in mild kidney ischemia-reperfusion injurySiddharth V Rajakumar
Immunology Research Centre, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Transplantation 90:1260-4. 2010..and adenosine diphosphate by the ectonucleotidase CD39 and the subsequent hydrolysis of adenosine monophosphate (AMP) by the ectonucleotidase CD73. CD39 activity is protective in kidney IRI, whereas the role of CD73 remains unclear.
- Cardiomyocyte-specific prolyl-4-hydroxylase domain 2 knock out protects from acute myocardial ischemic injuryMarion Hölscher
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:11185-94. 2011..This correlated with a decreased number of apoptotic cells in the infarcted myocardium in the cPhd2(-/-) mice and significantly improved cardiac function 3 weeks after myocardial infarction...
- A cluster of coregulated genes determines TGF-beta-induced regulatory T-cell (Treg) dysfunction in NOD miceAnna Morena D'Alise
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8737-42. 2011..group of differentially expressed genes, including genes relevant for suppressive activity (Lrrc32, Ctla4, and Cd73). Many of these transcripts form a coregulated cluster in a broader analysis of T-cell differentiation...
- CYCLIC AMP/ADENOSINE PATHWAYEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Tolerance induction in EAE by epicutaneous immunizationMARGARET BYNOE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will carry out experiments to test whether epicutaneous immunization with autoantigenic peptides is capable of ameliorating EAE. ..
- Regulation of EAE by skin immunization with self-peptideMARGARET BYNOE; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will serve to advance our knowledge of autoimmune disease regulation both at the peripheral level and at the CNS level and could be beneficial to MS and other autoimmune diseases. ..
- ADENOSINE DEAMINASE DEFICIENCYLinda Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our data will contribute to the growing knowledge base needed to understand and control the vulnerability of the developing human immune system to environmental threats and infectious agents. ..