Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nsf
Description: N-ethylmaleimide sensitive fusion protein
Alias: AI316878, AU020090, AU067812, SKD2, vesicle-fusing ATPase, N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor, NEM-sensitive fusion protein, suppressor of K(+) transport growth defect 2, vesicular-fusion protein NSF
- Hoyle J, Phelan J, Bermingham N, Fisher E. Localization of human and mouse N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF) gene: a two-domain member of the AAA family that is involved in membrane fusion. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:850-2 pubmed
- Puschel A, O CONNOR V, Betz H. The N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion protein (NSF) is preferentially expressed in the nervous system. FEBS Lett. 1994;347:55-8 pubmedb>NSF and SNAPs (soluble NSF attachment proteins), originally identified as cytosolic components of intracellular vesicular transport mechanisms, have recently been implicated in Ca(2+)-triggered neurotransmitter release from synaptic ..
- Allen R, Marquart T, Jesse J, Baldán A. Control of very low-density lipoprotein secretion by N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor and miR-33. Circ Res. 2014;115:10-22 pubmed publisher..of miR-33, we show that miR-33 limits hepatic secretion of VLDL-TAG by targeting N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF), both in vivo and in primary hepatocytes...
- Piccoli G, Onofri F, Cirnaru M, Kaiser C, Jagtap P, Kastenmüller A, et al. Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 binds to neuronal vesicles through protein interactions mediated by its C-terminal WD40 domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2147-61 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a critical role of the WD40 domain within LRRK2 function. ..
- Fernandez E, Collins M, Uren R, Kopanitsa M, Komiyama N, Croning M, et al. Targeted tandem affinity purification of PSD-95 recovers core postsynaptic complexes and schizophrenia susceptibility proteins. Mol Syst Biol. 2009;5:269 pubmed publisher..This targeted TAP tagging strategy is generally applicable to mammalian proteomics and systems biology approaches to disease. ..
- Borisovska M, Zhao Y, Tsytsyura Y, Glyvuk N, Takamori S, Matti U, et al. v-SNAREs control exocytosis of vesicles from priming to fusion. EMBO J. 2005;24:2114-26 pubmedSNARE proteins (soluble NSF-attachment protein receptors) are thought to be central components of the exocytotic mechanism in neurosecretory cells, but their precise function remained unclear...
- Huynh H, Bottini N, Williams S, Cherepanov V, Musumeci L, Saito K, et al. Control of vesicle fusion by a tyrosine phosphatase. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:831-9 pubmed..Here, we identify N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF), a key regulator of vesicle fusion, as a substrate for PTP-MEG2...
- Juriloff D, Harris M, Dewell S. A digenic cause of cleft lip in A-strain mice and definition of candidate genes for the two loci. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2004;70:509-18 pubmed..The clf1 region contains 10 known genes (Arf2, Cdc27, Crhr1, Gosr2, Itgb3, Mapt, Myl4, Nsf, Wnt3, and Wnt9b). The clf2 region contains 17 known genes with human orthologs...
- Steinberg J, Huganir R, Linden D. N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor is required for the synaptic incorporation and removal of AMPA receptors during cerebellar long-term depression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:18212-6 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that interaction of AMPA receptors with N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor plays a critical role in incorporation of AMPA receptors into synapses and for their subsequent removal during cerebellar LTD. ..
- Hong H, Chakravarti A, Takahashi J. The gene for soluble N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor attachment protein alpha is mutated in hydrocephaly with hop gait (hyh) mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:1748-53 pubmed..The hyh mutant provides a valuable in vivo model to study vesicle/membrane trafficking and provides insight into the potential roles of alpha-SNAP in embryogenesis and brain development. ..
- Belluzzi E, Gonnelli A, Cirnaru M, Marte A, Plotegher N, Russo I, et al. LRRK2 phosphorylates pre-synaptic N-ethylmaleimide sensitive fusion (NSF) protein enhancing its ATPase activity and SNARE complex disassembling rate. Mol Neurodegener. 2016;11:1 pubmed publisher..We have previously observed that LRRK2 interacts with NSF, a hexameric AAA+ ATPase that couples ATP hydrolysis to the disassembling of SNARE proteins allowing them to enter ..
- Huang S, Brown B, Craft C. Visual Arrestin 1 acts as a modulator for N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor in the photoreceptor synapse. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9381-91 pubmed publisher..In this report, we discovered a novel synaptic interaction between Arr1 and N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF) that is enhanced in a dark environment when mouse photoreceptors are depolarized and the rate of exocytosis is ..
- Goto H, Terunuma M, Kanematsu T, Misumi Y, Moss S, Hirata M. Direct interaction of N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor with GABA(A) receptor beta subunits. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;30:197-206 pubmed..Here, we reveal that GABA(A) receptors interact directly with N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF), a critical regulator of vesicular dependent protein trafficking, as measured by in vitro protein binding and co-..
- Matsushita K, Morrell C, Mason R, Yamakuchi M, Khanday F, Irani K, et al. Hydrogen peroxide regulation of endothelial exocytosis by inhibition of N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:73-9 pubmed..H(2)O(2) regulates exocytosis by inhibiting N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor (NSF), a protein that regulates membrane fusion events necessary for exocytosis...
- Zhu D, Yang Z, Luo Z, Luo S, Xiong W, Mei L. Muscle-specific receptor tyrosine kinase endocytosis in acetylcholine receptor clustering in response to agrin. J Neurosci. 2008;28:1688-96 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provided evidence for a role of N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor (NSF) in regulating MuSK endocytosis and subsequent signaling in response to agrin stimulation...
- Widberg C, Bryant N, Girotti M, Rea S, James D. Tomosyn interacts with the t-SNAREs syntaxin4 and SNAP23 and plays a role in insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35093-101 pubmed..These data suggest that Tomosyn and Munc18c operate at a similar stage of the Syntaxin4 SNARE assembly cycle, which likely primes Syntaxin4 for entry into the ternary SNARE complex. ..
- Périer F, Coulter K, Liang H, Radeke C, Gaber R, Vandenberg C. Identification of a novel mammalian member of the NSF/CDC48p/Pas1p/TBP-1 family through heterologous expression in yeast. FEBS Lett. 1994;351:286-90 pubmed..These suppressors, SKD1 and SKD2 (suppressor of K+ transport growth defect), were cDNAs encoding members of a family of ATPases involved in membrane ..
- Lin D, Huganir R. PICK1 and phosphorylation of the glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) AMPA receptor subunit regulates GluR2 recycling after NMDA receptor-induced internalization. J Neurosci. 2007;27:13903-8 pubmed..In addition, mutation of the N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion protein (NSF) binding site in the pH-GluR2 slows receptor recycling...
- Chou W, Wang D, McMahon T, Qi Z, Song M, Zhang C, et al. GABAA receptor trafficking is regulated by protein kinase C(epsilon) and the N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13955-65 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that protein kinase C? (PKC?) regulates the N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF), an ATPase critical for membrane fusion events, and thereby promotes the trafficking of GABA(A) receptors...
- Huang S, Craft C. Potential cellular functions of N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor in the photoreceptor. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2012;723:791-7 pubmed publisherRecent work has established potential new functional roles for NSF in the photoreceptor. First, the interaction of Arr1 and NSF is ATP-dependent, and the N-terminal domain of Arr1 interacts with the N and D1 junctional domains of NSF...
- Woodman P. The roles of NSF, SNAPs and SNAREs during membrane fusion. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1357:155-72 pubmed
- Gardner S, Takamiya K, Xia J, Suh J, Johnson R, Yu S, et al. Calcium-permeable AMPA receptor plasticity is mediated by subunit-specific interactions with PICK1 and NSF. Neuron. 2005;45:903-15 pubmed..the PDZ domain-containing Protein interacting with C kinase (PICK1) and N-ethylmaleimide sensitive fusion protein (NSF), are specifically required for CARP...