Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nrd1
Description: nardilysin, N-arginine dibasic convertase, NRD convertase 1
Alias: 2600011I06Rik, AI875733, NRD-C, Nrdc, nardilysin, N-arginine dibasic convertase, NRD convertase, nardilysin convertase
- Fumagalli P, Accarino M, Egeo A, Scartezzini P, Rappazzo G, Pizzuti A, et al. Human NRD convertase: a highly conserved metalloendopeptidase expressed at specific sites during development and in adult tissues. Genomics. 1998;47:238-45 pubmedWe report the cloning of the human homologue of the rat metalloprotease N-arginine dibasic convertase (NRD convertase)...
- Hiraoka Y, Matsuoka T, Ohno M, Nakamura K, Saijo S, Matsumura S, et al. Critical roles of nardilysin in the maintenance of body temperature homoeostasis. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3224 pubmed publisher..Here we identify nardilysin (Nrd1 and NRDc) as a critical regulator of body temperature homoeostasis...
- Rorick N, Kinoshita A, Weirather J, Peyrard Janvid M, de Lima R, Dunnwald M, et al. Genomic strategy identifies a missense mutation in WD-repeat domain 65 (WDR65) in an individual with Van der Woude syndrome. Am J Med Genet A. 2011;155A:1314-21 pubmed publisher..The expression and mutation data were consistent with the hypothesis that WDR65 was a novel gene involved in oral clefting. ..
- Chow K, Oakley O, Goodman J, Ma Z, Juliano M, Juliano L, et al. Nardilysin cleaves peptides at monobasic sites. Biochemistry. 2003;42:2239-44 pubmedb>Nardilysin (N-arginine dibasic convertase, EC 220.127.116.11) was first identified on the basis of its ability to cleave peptides containing an arginine dibasic pair, i.e., Arg-Arg or Arg-Lys...
- Ma Z, Csuhai E, Chow K, Hersh L. Expression of the acidic stretch of nardilysin as a functional binding domain. Biochemistry. 2001;40:9447-52 pubmedKinetic evidence suggests an acidic region in nardilysin binds polyamines and acts as a regulatory domain. The binding of approximately 5 mol of spermine/mol of nardilysin was demonstrated...
- Fontes G, Lajoix A, Bergeron F, Cadel S, Prat A, Foulon T, et al. Miniglucagon (MG)-generating endopeptidase, which processes glucagon into MG, is composed of N-arginine dibasic convertase and aminopeptidase B. Endocrinology. 2005;146:702-12 pubmed..We observed that glucagon is a substrate for N-arginine dibasic convertase (NRDc), a metalloendoprotease, and that aminopeptidase B cleaves in vitro the intermediate cleavage products sequentially,..
- Ma Z, Chow K, Csuhai E, Hersh L. The use of proteolysis to study the structure of nardilysin. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;401:198-204 pubmedTreatment of a 128 kDa mouse nardilysin with trypsin initially produced an active 105 kDa N-terminally cleaved form. Continued trypsin digestion occurred at the C-terminus, producing inactive core species of approximately 92, 76...
- Winter A, Pierotti A. Gene expression of the dibasic-pair cleaving enzyme NRD convertase (N-arginine dibasic convertase) is differentially regulated in the GH3 pituitary and Mat-Lu prostate cell lines. Biochem J. 2000;351 Pt 3:755-64 pubmedb>NRD convertase (N-arginine dibasic convertase, NRD-C) is a dibasic selective metalloprotease which cleaves on the N-terminal side of an arginine residue in a dibasic pair...