Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nr2f2
Description: nuclear receptor subfamily 2, group F, member 2
Alias: 2700033K02Rik, 9430015G03Rik, ARP-1, Aporp1, COUP-TF2, COUP-TFII, COUPTFB, EAR3, SVP40, Tcfcoup2, COUP transcription factor 2, COUP transcription factor II, COUP-TF II, apolipoprotein AI regulatory protein 1, apolipoprotein regulatory protein 1
- Lee C, Li L, Takamoto N, Martin J, DeMayo F, Tsai M, et al. The nuclear orphan receptor COUP-TFII is required for limb and skeletal muscle development. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10835-43 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that COUP-TFII plays an early role in limb bud outgrowth but not limb bud initiation. Also, COUP-TFII is required for appropriate development of the skeletal musculature of developing limbs. ..
- Xu Z, Yu S, Hsu C, Eguchi J, Rosen E. The orphan nuclear receptor chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor II is a critical regulator of adipogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2421-6 pubmed publisherThe orphan nuclear receptor chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor II (COUP-TFII; Nr2f2) is expressed in adipose tissue in vivo and declines during differentiation...
- Kurihara I, Lee D, Petit F, Jeong J, Lee K, Lydon J, et al. COUP-TFII mediates progesterone regulation of uterine implantation by controlling ER activity. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e102 pubmed..COUP-TFII (chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor II; also known as NR2F2), a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily, is highly expressed in the uterine stroma and its expression is ..
- Qiu Y, Cooney A, Kuratani S, DeMayo F, Tsai S, Tsai M. Spatiotemporal expression patterns of chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factors in the developing mouse central nervous system: evidence for a role in segmental patterning of the diencephalon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:4451-5 pubmed..Our results suggest that murine COUP-TFs may play important roles in the development and differentiation of the CNS, including the specification of diencephalic neuromeres. ..
- Pereira F, Qiu Y, Tsai M, Tsai S. Chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor (COUP-TF): expression during mouse embryogenesis. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1995;53:503-8 pubmed..Some of these expression domains colocalize with those of TR, RAR, and RXR. The simultaneous expression of these genes raise the possibility that COUP-TFs can act as negative regulatory factors during development and differentiation. ..
- Tang L, Alger H, Lin F, Pereira F. Dynamic expression of COUP-TFI and COUP-TFII during development and functional maturation of the mouse inner ear. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:587-92 pubmed
- Bardoux P, Zhang P, Flamez D, Perilhou A, Lavin T, Tanti J, et al. Essential role of chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor II in insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity revealed by conditional gene knockout. Diabetes. 2005;54:1357-63 pubmed..Altered insulin secretion was associated with peripheral insulin resistance in whole animals. It can be concluded that COUP-TFII is a new, important regulator of glucose homeostasis and insulin sensitivity. ..
- Huggins G, Bacani C, Boltax J, Aikawa R, Leiden J. Friend of GATA 2 physically interacts with chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-TF2 (COUP-TF2) and COUP-TF3 and represses COUP-TF2-dependent activation of the atrial natriuretic factor promoter. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28029-36 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that FOG-2 functions as a corepressor for both GATA and COUP-TF proteins. ..
- Lin F, Chen X, Qin J, Hong Y, Tsai M, Tsai S. Direct transcriptional regulation of neuropilin-2 by COUP-TFII modulates multiple steps in murine lymphatic vessel development. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1694-707 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that COUP-TFII (also known as Nr2f2), an orphan member of the nuclear receptor superfamily, mediates both developmental and pathological ..
- Li L, Xie X, Qin J, Jeha G, Saha P, Yan J, et al. The nuclear orphan receptor COUP-TFII plays an essential role in adipogenesis, glucose homeostasis, and energy metabolism. Cell Metab. 2009;9:77-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, COUP-TFII regulates adipogenesis by regulating the key molecules in adipocyte development and can serve as a target for regulating energy metabolism. ..
- Soosaar A, Neuman K, Nornes H, Neuman T. Cell type specific regulation of COUP-TF II promoter activity. FEBS Lett. 1996;391:95-100 pubmed..In vitro promoter analyses also demonstrated that the effect of all-trans RA is not directly mediated by the binding of RARs or RXRs to the promoter sequence. ..
- Jonk L, de Jonge M, Pals C, Wissink S, Vervaart J, Schoorlemmer J, et al. Cloning and expression during development of three murine members of the COUP family of nuclear orphan receptors. Mech Dev. 1994;47:81-97 pubmed..Furthermore, strong ARP-1 expression was detected in lung and kidney. Our data strongly suggest an important role for the members of the COUP-family in the hormonal control of gene expression regulating embryogenesis. ..
- Lopes da Silva S, Cox J, Jonk L, Kruijer W, Burbach J. Localization of transcripts of the related nuclear orphan receptors COUP-TF I and ARP-1 in the adult mouse brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1995;30:131-6 pubmed..Lower amounts of ARP-1 transcripts were found in the anterior and lateral hypothalamic areas, in the suprachiasmatic nucleus, and in the choroid plexus.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Lee K, Jang W, Kim E, Oh S, Son H, Kim S, et al. Orphan nuclear receptor chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor II (COUP-TFII) protein negatively regulates bone morphogenetic protein 2-induced osteoblast differentiation through suppressing runt-related gene 2 (Runx2) activity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:18888-99 pubmed publisher
- Perilhou A, Tourrel Cuzin C, Zhang P, Kharroubi I, Wang H, Fauveau V, et al. The MODY1 gene for hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha and a feedback loop control COUP-TFII expression in pancreatic beta cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4588-97 pubmed publisher..Therefore, COUP-TFII may contribute to the control of insulin secretion through the complex HNF4alpha/maturity-onset diabetes of the young 1 (MODY1) transcription factor network operating in beta cells. ..
- Tripodi M, Filosa A, Armentano M, Studer M. The COUP-TF nuclear receptors regulate cell migration in the mammalian basal forebrain. Development. 2004;131:6119-29 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that COUP-TFs are directly involved in tangential cell migration in the developing brain, through the regulation of short- and long-range guidance cues. ..
- Satoh S, Tang K, Iida A, Inoue M, Kodama T, Tsai S, et al. The spatial patterning of mouse cone opsin expression is regulated by bone morphogenetic protein signaling through downstream effector COUP-TF nuclear receptors. J Neurosci. 2009;29:12401-11 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we propose a new molecular cascade involving BMP and COUP-TFs that conveys dorsoventral information to direct the expression of cone opsins during retinal development. ..
- Qin J, Suh J, Kim B, Yu C, Tanaka T, Kodama T, et al. The expression pattern of nuclear receptors during cerebellar development. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:810-20 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that members of the nuclear receptor superfamily might play importantly physiological roles in the cerebellum. ..
- Kim B, Takamoto N, Yan J, Tsai S, Tsai M. Chicken Ovalbumin Upstream Promoter-Transcription Factor II (COUP-TFII) regulates growth and patterning of the postnatal mouse cerebellum. Dev Biol. 2009;326:378-91 pubmed publisherCOUP-TFII (also known as Nr2f2), a member of the nuclear orphan receptor superfamily, is expressed in several regions of the central nervous system (CNS), including the ventral thalamus, hypothalamus, midbrain, pons, and spinal cord...
- Xie X, Qin J, Lin S, Tsai S, Tsai M. Nuclear receptor chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor II (COUP-TFII) modulates mesenchymal cell commitment and differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:14843-8 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide insight into the mechanisms whereby a single nuclear receptor can fine-tune the lineage-specific differentiation of a progenitor cell. ..
- Petit F, Jamin S, Kurihara I, Behringer R, DeMayo F, Tsai M, et al. Deletion of the orphan nuclear receptor COUP-TFII in uterus leads to placental deficiency. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6293-8 pubmedCOUP-TFII (NR2F2), chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor II, is an orphan nuclear receptor of the steroid/thyroid hormone receptor superfamily...
- Takamoto N, You L, Moses K, Chiang C, Zimmer W, Schwartz R, et al. COUP-TFII is essential for radial and anteroposterior patterning of the stomach. Development. 2005;132:2179-89 pubmed..Our results are consistent with a functional link between hedgehog proteins and COUP-TFII, factors that are vital for epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. ..
- Yamazaki T, Yoshimatsu Y, Morishita Y, Miyazono K, Watabe T. COUP-TFII regulates the functions of Prox1 in lymphatic endothelial cells through direct interaction. Genes Cells. 2009;14:425-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that COUP-TFII physically and functionally interact during differentiation and maintenance of lymphatic vessels. ..
- Harrison Uy S, Siegenthaler J, Faedo A, Rubenstein J, Pleasure S. CoupTFI interacts with retinoic acid signaling during cortical development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58219 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CoupTFI collaborates with RA signaling to regulate both cortical ventricular zone progenitor cell behavior and cortical neurogenesis. ..
- Li Q, Wang H, Chepelev I, Zhu Q, Wei G, Zhao K, et al. Stage-dependent and locus-specific role of histone demethylase Jumonji D3 (JMJD3) in the embryonic stages of lung development. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004524 pubmed publisher..Our study provides molecular insights into the mechanisms by which Jmjd3 regulates target gene expression in the embryonic stages of lung development. ..
- Hermann Kleiter N, Gruber T, Lutz Nicoladoni C, Thuille N, Fresser F, Labi V, et al. The nuclear orphan receptor NR2F6 suppresses lymphocyte activation and T helper 17-dependent autoimmunity. Immunity. 2008;29:205-16 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes NR2F6 as a transcriptional repressor of IL-17 expression in Th17-differentiated CD4(+) T cells in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Wu S, Lee D, DeMayo F, Tsai S, Tsai M. Generation of ES cells for conditional expression of nuclear receptors and coregulators in vivo. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1297-304 pubmed publisher..Upon completion, it will be a very valuable resource for the scientific community. Several ES cells are currently available for distribution. ..
- Srinivasan R, Oliver G. Prox1 dosage controls the number of lymphatic endothelial cell progenitors and the formation of the lymphovenous valves. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2187-97 pubmed publisher..This is the first report describing the molecular mechanism controlling lymphovenous communication. ..
- Rastetter R, Bernard P, Palmer J, Chassot A, Chen H, Western P, et al. Marker genes identify three somatic cell types in the fetal mouse ovary. Dev Biol. 2014;394:242-52 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, a third somatic cell population can be identified, marked by the expression of NR2F2, which is expressed in LGR5- and FOXL2 double-negative ovarian somatic cells...
- Seo S, Fujita H, Nakano A, Kang M, Duarte A, Kume T. The forkhead transcription factors, Foxc1 and Foxc2, are required for arterial specification and lymphatic sprouting during vascular development. Dev Biol. 2006;294:458-70 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Foxc transcription factors are novel regulators of arterial cell specification upstream of Notch signaling and lymphatic sprouting during embryonic development. ..
- Jordan E, Worley T, Breen G. Transcriptional regulation of the nuclear gene encoding the alpha-subunit of the mammalian mitochondrial F1F0 ATP synthase complex: role for the orphan nuclear receptor, COUP-TFII/ARP-1. Biochemistry. 2003;42:2656-63 pubmed..Thus, the ATPA gene is regulated by a multifunctional binding site through which the transcription factors, COUP-TFII/ARP-1 and USF2, bind and exert their antagonistic effects. ..
- Mendoza Villarroel R, Robert N, Martin L, Brousseau C, Tremblay J. The nuclear receptor NR2F2 activates star expression and steroidogenesis in mouse MA-10 and MLTC-1 Leydig cells. Biol Reprod. 2014;91:26 pubmed publisher..b>NR2F2 (COUP-TFII) is an orphan nuclear receptor that plays critical roles in cell differentiation and lineage ..
- Zhou X, Liu F, Tian M, Xu Z, Liang Q, Wang C, et al. Transcription factors COUP-TFI and COUP-TFII are required for the production of granule cells in the mouse olfactory bulb. Development. 2015;142:1593-605 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that COUP-TFI/II coordinately regulate the proliferation, migration and survival of a subpopulation of Pax6+ and CR+ granule cells in the OB. ..
- D Souza C, Chopra V, Varhol R, Xie Y, Bohacec S, Zhao Y, et al. Identification of a set of genes showing regionally enriched expression in the mouse brain. BMC Neurosci. 2008;9:66 pubmed publisher..This set of markers may also serve as a resource for further studies of gene regulatory elements influencing brain expression. ..
- Yang Y, Garcia Verdugo J, Soriano Navarro M, Srinivasan R, Scallan J, Singh M, et al. Lymphatic endothelial progenitors bud from the cardinal vein and intersomitic vessels in mammalian embryos. Blood. 2012;120:2340-8 pubmed publisher..Analyzing this process in Prox1-null embryos revealed that Prox1 activity is necessary for LEC progenitors to exit the CV. ..
- Lindskog H, Kim Y, Jelin E, Kong Y, Guevara Gallardo S, Kim T, et al. Molecular identification of venous progenitors in the dorsal aorta reveals an aortic origin for the cardinal vein in mammals. Development. 2014;141:1120-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our cellular and molecular evidence suggests that the DA harbors venous progenitors that move to participate in CV formation, and that ephrin B2/EphB4 signaling regulates this aortic contribution to the mammalian CV. ..
- Jeong B, Kang I, Hwang Y, Kim S, Koh J. MicroRNA-194 reciprocally stimulates osteogenesis and inhibits adipogenesis via regulating COUP-TFII expression. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1532 pubmed publisher..This suggests that miR-194 and COUP-TFII may be good target molecules for controlling bone and metabolic diseases. ..
- Scroyen I, Bauters D, Vranckx C, Lijnen H. The Anti-Adipogenic Potential of COUP-TFII Is Mediated by Downregulation of the Notch Target Gene Hey1. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0145608 pubmed publisher..These in vitro and in vivo data support an anti-adipogenic role of COUP-TFII via downregulating the Notch signaling target gene Hey1. ..
- Murali D, Kawaguchi Niida M, Deng C, Furuta Y. Smad4 is required predominantly in the developmental processes dependent on the BMP branch of the TGF-? signaling system in the embryonic mouse retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:2930-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, genetic requirements for Smad4 in the embryonic retina are evident predominantly in the developmental events regulated by the BMP branch of the TGF-? signaling pathway. ..
- Smith R, Huang Y, Tian T, Vojtasova D, Mesalles Naranjo O, Pollard S, et al. The Transcription Factor Foxg1 Promotes Optic Fissure Closure in the Mouse by Suppressing Wnt8b in the Nasal Optic Stalk. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7975-7993 pubmed publisher..Our results unravel a new role of Foxg1 in promoting OF closure providing additional knowledge about the molecules and cellular mechanisms underlying coloboma formation. ..
- McCaffery P, Wagner E, O Neil J, Petkovich M, Drager U. Dorsal and ventral rentinoic territories defined by retinoic acid synthesis, break-down and nuclear receptor expression. Mech Dev. 1999;85:203-14 pubmed
- Xie X, Tsai S, Tsai M. COUP-TFII regulates satellite cell function and muscular dystrophy. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:3929-3941 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings reveal a regulatory role of COUP-TFII in the development of muscular dystrophy and open up a potential therapeutic opportunity for managing disease progression in patients with DMD. ..
- Hsu W, Chen C, You L. COUP-TFII is required for morphogenesis of the neural crest-derived tympanic ring. Sci Rep. 2017;7:12386 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that COUP-TFII plays an essential role in regulating the patterning of the NCC-derived tympanic ring. ..
- Azizoglu D, Chong D, Villasenor A, Magenheim J, Barry D, Lee S, et al. Vascular development in the vertebrate pancreas. Dev Biol. 2016;420:67-78 pubmed publisher..This study constitutes a first-time in-depth cellular and molecular characterization of pancreatic blood vessels, as they coordinately grow along with the pancreatic epithelium. ..
- Tang K, Xie X, Park J, Jamrich M, Tsai S, Tsai M. COUP-TFs regulate eye development by controlling factors essential for optic vesicle morphogenesis. Development. 2010;137:725-34 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that COUP-TFI (Nr2f1) and COUP-TFII (Nr2f2) are highly expressed in the progenitor cells in the developing murine eye...
- Chong D, Koo Y, Xu K, Fu S, Cleaver O. Stepwise arteriovenous fate acquisition during mammalian vasculogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2153-65 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide a first spatiotemporal analysis of mammalian AV cell fate establishment and anatomy, as well as a delineation of a molecular toolkit for analysis of arteries and veins during early vessel development. ..
- Van Den Akker N, Caolo V, Wisse L, Peters P, Poelmann R, Carmeliet P, et al. Developmental coronary maturation is disturbed by aberrant cardiac vascular endothelial growth factor expression and Notch signalling. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;78:366-75 pubmed..This knowledge can contribute to optimizing therapies targeting VEGF signalling by enabling balancing between angiogenesis and vascular maturation. ..
- Ran H, Kong S, Zhang S, Cheng J, Zhou C, He B, et al. Nuclear Shp2 directs normal embryo implantation via facilitating the ERÎ± tyrosine phosphorylation by the Src kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:4816-4821 pubmed publisher..Besides uncovering a regulatory mechanism, this study could be clinically relevant to dysfunctional ERÎ±-caused endometrial disorders in women. ..
- Tang K, Rubenstein J, Tsai S, Tsai M. COUP-TFII controls amygdala patterning by regulating neuropilin expression. Development. 2012;139:1630-9 pubmed publisher..Our study presented novel genetic evidence that the caudal ganglionic eminence, a distinct subpallial progenitor zone, contributes cells to the basal telencephalon, such as the BMA nucleus. ..
- Ceni E, Mello T, Polvani S, Vasseur Cognet M, Tarocchi M, Tempesti S, et al. The orphan nuclear receptor COUP-TFII coordinates hypoxia-independent proangiogenic responses in hepatic stellate cells. J Hepatol. 2017;66:754-764 pubmed publisher..COUP-TFII expression in HSC controls the crosstalk between HSC and endothelial cells coordinating vascular remodelling during liver injury. ArrayExpress accession E-MTAB-1795. ..
- Sirbu I, Duester G. Retinoic-acid signalling in node ectoderm and posterior neural plate directs left-right patterning of somitic mesoderm. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:271-7 pubmed
- Ulven S, Gundersen T, Weedon M, Landaas V, Sakhi A, Fromm S, et al. Identification of endogenous retinoids, enzymes, binding proteins, and receptors during early postimplantation development in mouse: important role of retinal dehydrogenase type 2 in synthesis of all-trans-retinoic acid. Dev Biol. 2000;220:379-91 pubmed..Therefore, our results suggest that RALDH2 is a key regulator in initiating retinoic acid synthesis sometime between the mid-primitive streak stage and the late allantoic bud stage in mouse embryos. ..
- Srinivasan R, Geng X, Yang Y, Wang Y, Mukatira S, Studer M, et al. The nuclear hormone receptor Coup-TFII is required for the initiation and early maintenance of Prox1 expression in lymphatic endothelial cells. Genes Dev. 2010;24:696-707 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that the direct interaction between nuclear hormone receptors and Prox1 is also necessary for the maintenance of Prox1 expression during early stages of LEC specification and differentiation. ..
- van Loenhout R, Tibboel D, Post M, Keijzer R. Congenital diaphragmatic hernia: comparison of animal models and relevance to the human situation. Neonatology. 2009;96:137-49 pubmed publisher..Several animal models have been proposed to study CDH. In this review we compare surgical, pharmacological and transgenic models, and discuss their strengths and limitations to study PH. ..
- Song C, Lee H, Park E, Lee K. The chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor II negatively regulates the transactivation of androgen receptor in prostate cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49026 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that COUP-TF II is a novel corepressor of AR, and provide an insight into the role of COUP-TF II in prostate cancers. ..
- Johnson D, Li C, Chen L, Ghosh J, Chen J. Regulation and binding of pregnane X receptor by nuclear receptor corepressor silencing mediator of retinoid and thyroid hormone receptors (SMRT). Mol Pharmacol. 2006;69:99-108 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that the corepressor SMRT may bind to and regulate the transcriptional activity of PXR. ..
- Zheng W, Horton C, Kim J, Halvorson L. The orphan nuclear receptors COUP-TFI and COUP-TFII regulate expression of the gonadotropin LH? gene. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;330:59-71 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, these data are the first to demonstrate COUP-TF expression and function in pituitary gonadotropes. ..
- Qin J, Chen X, Yu Lee L, Tsai M, Tsai S. Nuclear receptor COUP-TFII controls pancreatic islet tumor angiogenesis by regulating vascular endothelial growth factor/vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 signaling. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8812-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results implicate COUP-TFII as a critical factor in tumor angiogenesis through regulation of VEGF/VEGFR-2 signaling, suggesting COUP-TFII as a candidate target for antiangiogenic therapy...
- Hwa J, Beckouche N, Huang L, Kram Y, Lindskog H, Wang R. Abnormal arterial-venous fusions and fate specification in mouse embryos lacking blood flow. Sci Rep. 2017;7:11965 pubmed publisher..We propose a molecular mechanism by which blood flow mediates DA and CV morphogenesis, by regulating arterial-venous specification of DA ECs to ensure proper separation of the developing DA and CV. ..
- Naka H, Nakamura S, Shimazaki T, Okano H. Requirement for COUP-TFI and II in the temporal specification of neural stem cells in CNS development. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:1014-23 pubmed publisher..chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor I and II (Coup-tfI and Coup-tfII, also known as Nr2f1 and Nr2f2) are required for the temporal specification of neural stem/progenitor cells (NSPCs), including their acquisition ..
- Kyrmizi I, Hatzis P, Katrakili N, Tronche F, Gonzalez F, Talianidis I. Plasticity and expanding complexity of the hepatic transcription factor network during liver development. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2293-305 pubmed..The results illustrate the remarkable flexibility of a self-sustaining transcription factor network, built up by complex dominant and redundant regulatory motifs in developing hepatocytes. ..
- Qiu Y, Krishnan V, Zeng Z, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Gibson L, et al. Isolation, characterization, and chromosomal localization of mouse and human COUP-TF I and II genes. Genomics. 1995;29:240-6 pubmed..Furthermore, we mapped human COUP-TF I to 5q14 of chromosome 5 and COUP-TF II to 15q26 of chromosome 15. The results demonstrate that COUP-TF genes are located in chromosomal regions that are syntenic between mouse and human. ..
- Bonney S, Harrison Uy S, Mishra S, MacPherson A, Choe Y, Li D, et al. Diverse Functions of Retinoic Acid in Brain Vascular Development. J Neurosci. 2016;36:7786-801 pubmed publisher..Therefore, RA may act as a "brake" on endothelial WNT signaling and Sox17 to ensure normal brain vascular development. ..
- Lee D, Kurihara I, Jeong J, Lydon J, DeMayo F, Tsai M, et al. Suppression of ERalpha activity by COUP-TFII is essential for successful implantation and decidualization. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:930-40 pubmed publisher..However, COUP-TFII expression is still required in the postimplantation period to facilitate placentation. ..
- Qin J, Chen X, Xie X, Tsai M, Tsai S. COUP-TFII regulates tumor growth and metastasis by modulating tumor angiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:3687-92 pubmed publisher..Because COUP-TFII has little impact on normal adult physiological function, our results raise an interesting possibility that inhibition of COUP-TFII may offer a therapeutic approach for anticancer intervention. ..
- Tornari C, Towers E, Gale J, Dawson S. Regulation of the orphan nuclear receptor Nr2f2 by the DFNA15 deafness gene Pou4f3. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112247 pubmed publisher..The orphan thyroid nuclear receptor Nr2f2 was identified as a POU4F3 target using a subtractive hybridization strategy and EMSA analysis showed that POU4F3 ..
- LUPU F, Burnett J, Eggenschwiler J. Cell cycle-related kinase regulates mammalian eye development through positive and negative regulation of the Hedgehog pathway. Dev Biol. 2018;434:24-35 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CCRK functions in eye development by both positively and negatively regulating the Hh pathway, and they reveal distinct requirements for Hh signaling in patterning and morphogenesis of the eyes. ..