Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Npy2r
Description: neuropeptide Y receptor Y2
Alias: NPY2-R, neuropeptide Y receptor type 2, NPY-Y2 receptor, Y2 receptor
- Stanic D, Mulder J, Watanabe M, Hokfelt T. Characterization of NPY Y2 receptor protein expression in the mouse brain. II. Coexistence with NPY, the Y1 receptor, and other neurotransmitter-related molecules. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:1219-57 pubmed publisher..We examined, using immunohistochemistry, expression of the Y2 receptor (R) protein in the adult mouse brain and its association with NPY and the Y1R, as well as a range of additional ..
- Painsipp E, Herzog H, Holzer P. Evidence from knockout mice that neuropeptide-Y Y2 and Y4 receptor signalling prevents long-term depression-like behaviour caused by immune challenge. J Psychopharmacol. 2010;24:1551-60 pubmed publisherNeuropeptide Y participates in the acute behavioural responses to immune challenge, since Y2 receptor knockout (Y2?/?) mice are particularly sensitive to the short-term anxiogenic-like effect of bacterial lipopolysaccharide...
- El Bahh B, Balosso S, Hamilton T, Herzog H, Beck Sickinger A, Sperk G, et al. The anti-epileptic actions of neuropeptide Y in the hippocampus are mediated by Y and not Y receptors. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;22:1417-30 pubmed..The results suggest that agonists targeting the Y2 receptor may be useful anticonvulsants.
- Baldock P, Allison S, McDonald M, Sainsbury A, Enriquez R, Little D, et al. Hypothalamic regulation of cortical bone mass: opposing activity of Y2 receptor and leptin pathways. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21:1600-7 pubmedNeuropeptideY-, Y2 receptor (Y2)-, and leptin-deficient mice show similar anabolic action in cancellous bone but have not been assessed in cortical bone. Cortical bone mass is elevated in Y2(-/-) mice through greater osteoblast activity...
- Lin S, Lin E, Boey D, Lee N, Slack K, During M, et al. Fasting inhibits the growth and reproductive axes via distinct Y2 and Y4 receptor-mediated pathways. Endocrinology. 2007;148:2056-65 pubmed..Together these data show that fasting inhibits the somatotropic axis via direct action on Y2 receptors in the Arc and indirectly inhibits the gonadotropic axis via Y4 receptors. ..
- Kuo L, Kitlinska J, Tilan J, Li L, Baker S, Johnson M, et al. Neuropeptide Y acts directly in the periphery on fat tissue and mediates stress-induced obesity and metabolic syndrome. Nat Med. 2007;13:803-11 pubmed..aggression lead to the release of NPY from sympathetic nerves, which in turn upregulates NPY and its Y2 receptors (NPY2R) in a glucocorticoid-dependent manner in the abdominal fat...
- Redrobe J, Dumont Y, Herzog H, Quirion R. Characterization of neuropeptide Y, Y(2) receptor knockout mice in two animal models of learning and memory processing. J Mol Neurosci. 2004;22:159-66 pubmedNeuropeptide Y (NPY) and, in particular, the Y2 receptor subtype, has been suggested to be involved in learning and memory processing. However, the precise role of Y2 receptors in learning and memory remains unclear...
- Sainsbury A, Baldock P, Schwarzer C, Ueno N, Enriquez R, Couzens M, et al. Synergistic effects of Y2 and Y4 receptors on adiposity and bone mass revealed in double knockout mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5225-33 pubmed..We previously demonstrated that Y2 receptor knockout results in a lean phenotype, increased cancellous bone volume, and an increase in plasma pancreatic ..
- Tschenett A, Singewald N, Carli M, Balducci C, Salchner P, Vezzani A, et al. Reduced anxiety and improved stress coping ability in mice lacking NPY-Y2 receptors. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:143-8 pubmed..We investigated the effect of Y2 receptor deletion on anxiety and stress-related behaviours...
- Stanic D, Brumovsky P, Fetissov S, Shuster S, Herzog H, Hokfelt T. Characterization of neuropeptide Y2 receptor protein expression in the mouse brain. I. Distribution in cell bodies and nerve terminals. J Comp Neurol. 2006;499:357-90 pubmed..We examined, by immunohistochemistry with tyramide signal amplification, the expression of the NPY Y2 receptor (Y2R) in the mouse brain with a newly developed rabbit polyclonal antibody...
- Verma D, Tasan R, Herzog H, Sperk G. NPY controls fear conditioning and fear extinction by combined action on Y? and Y? receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;166:1461-73 pubmed publisher..Although these effects appear to be primarily mediated by Y? receptors, the pronounced phenotype of Y?Y? receptor double KO mice suggests a synergistic role of Y? receptors in fear acquisition and in fear extinction. ..
- Sainsbury A, Schwarzer C, Couzens M, Herzog H. Y2 receptor deletion attenuates the type 2 diabetic syndrome of ob/ob mice. Diabetes. 2002;51:3420-7 pubmed..Here, we show that crossing the Y2 receptor knockout mouse (Y2(-/-)) onto the ob/ob background attenuates the increased adiposity, hyperinsulinemia, ..
- Sainsbury A, Schwarzer C, Couzens M, Fetissov S, Furtinger S, Jenkins A, et al. Important role of hypothalamic Y2 receptors in body weight regulation revealed in conditional knockout mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:8938-43 pubmed..Germ-line Y2 receptor knockout also produced a significant increase in plasma levels of pancreatic polypeptide...
- Tasan R, Nguyen N, Weger S, Sartori S, Singewald N, Heilbronn R, et al. The central and basolateral amygdala are critical sites of neuropeptide Y/Y2 receptor-mediated regulation of anxiety and depression. J Neurosci. 2010;30:6282-90 pubmed publisher..Deleting the Y2 receptor gene in the central amygdala, but not in any other amygdaloid nucleus, resulted in an added antidepressant-like ..
- Redrobe J, Dumont Y, Herzog H, Quirion R. Neuropeptide Y (NPY) Y2 receptors mediate behaviour in two animal models of anxiety: evidence from Y2 receptor knockout mice. Behav Brain Res. 2003;141:251-5 pubmed..This study suggests that NPY Y(2) receptors may play an inhibitory role and supports the hypothesis that Y(2) receptors are involved in the regulation of anxiety-like behaviours by NPY. ..
- Batterham R, Cowley M, Small C, Herzog H, Cohen M, Dakin C, et al. Gut hormone PYY(3-36) physiologically inhibits food intake. Nature. 2002;418:650-4 pubmed..The NPY Y2 receptor (Y2R), a putative inhibitory presynaptic receptor, is highly expressed on NPY neurons in the arcuate nucleus, ..
- Baldock P, Sainsbury A, Couzens M, Enriquez R, Thomas G, Gardiner E, et al. Hypothalamic Y2 receptors regulate bone formation. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:915-21 pubmed..Here we show that Y2 receptor-deficient mice have a twofold increase in trabecular bone volume as well as greater trabecular number and ..
- Tasan R, Lin S, Hetzenauer A, Singewald N, Herzog H, Sperk G. Increased novelty-induced motor activity and reduced depression-like behavior in neuropeptide Y (NPY)-Y4 receptor knockout mice. Neuroscience. 2009;158:1717-30 pubmed publisher..PP released peripherally from the pancreas in response to food intake, may act not only as a satiety signal but also modulate anxiety-related locomotion. ..
- Sainsbury A, Lin S, McNamara K, Slack K, Enriquez R, Lee N, et al. Dynorphin knockout reduces fat mass and increases weight loss during fasting in mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:1722-35 pubmed
- Tanaka R, Inui A, Asakawa A, Atsuchi K, Ataka K, Fujimiya M. New method of manometric measurement of gastroduodenal motility in conscious mice: effects of ghrelin and Y2 depletion. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G1028-34 pubmed..Our model provides a new method for studies of gastrointestinal motility in various mouse models, including transgenic and knockout ones...
- Mikic B, Zhang M, Webster E, Rossmeier K. Effect of y2 receptor deletion on whole bone structural behavior in mice. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2008;291:14-8 pubmedRecent evidence has shown that mice deficient in the NPY Y2 receptor have an increase in trabecular bone volume as well as cortical bone mass due to increased osteoblast activity...
- Ekstrand A, Cao R, Bjorndahl M, Nystrom S, Jonsson Rylander A, Hassani H, et al. Deletion of neuropeptide Y (NPY) 2 receptor in mice results in blockage of NPY-induced angiogenesis and delayed wound healing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:6033-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate that NPY may play an important role in the regulation of angiogenesis and angiogenesis-dependent tissue repair. ..
- Tu B, Jiao Y, Herzog H, Nadler J. Neuropeptide Y regulates recurrent mossy fiber synaptic transmission less effectively in mice than in rats: Correlation with Y2 receptor plasticity. Neuroscience. 2006;143:1085-94 pubmed..slices demonstrated that, as in rats, applied NPY inhibits recurrent mossy fiber synaptic transmission, the Y2 receptor antagonist (S)-N2-[[1-[2-[4-[(R,S)-5,11-dihydro-6(6H)-oxodibenz[b,e]azepin-11-yl]-1-piperazinyl]-2-oxoethyl]..
- Wittmann W, Loacker S, Kapeller I, Herzog H, Schwarzer C. Y1-receptors regulate the expression of Y2-receptors in distinct mouse forebrain areas. Neuroscience. 2005;136:241-50 pubmed..Y-receptor types, we applied in-situ hybridization and radioligand-binding studies on brain slices of Npy1r-, Npy2r- or Npy5r-knockout mice. Significant changes were seen in Y1-receptor-deficient mice...
- Zambello E, Zanetti L, Hédou G, Angelici O, Arban R, Tasan R, et al. Neuropeptide Y-Y2 receptor knockout mice: influence of genetic background on anxiety-related behaviors. Neuroscience. 2011;176:420-30 pubmed publisher..levels were significantly increased by yohimbine in the WT but unaffected in the KO mice, suggesting that NPY-Y2 receptor exerts a direct control over both the tonic and phasic release of DA and that, although the anxiety-like ..
- Domin H, Przykaza Ł, Jantas D, Koźniewska E, Boguszewski P, Śmiałowska M. Neuropeptide Y Y2 and Y5 receptors as promising targets for neuroprotection in primary neurons exposed to oxygen-glucose deprivation and in transient focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Neuroscience. 2017;344:305-325 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our studies indicate that Y5 and especially Y2 receptors may be promising targets for neuroprotection against ischemic damage. ..
- Wultsch T, Painsipp E, Thoeringer C, Herzog H, Sperk G, Holzer P. Endogenous neuropeptide Y depresses the afferent signaling of gastric acid challenge to the mouse brainstem via neuropeptide Y type Y2 and Y4 receptors. Neuroscience. 2005;136:1097-107 pubmed..03 mmol/kg s.c.), a Y2 receptor antagonist which does not cross the blood-brain barrier, did not modify the c-Fos response to gastric acid ..
- Lin S, Boey D, Couzens M, Lee N, Sainsbury A, Herzog H. Compensatory changes in [125I]-PYY binding in Y receptor knockout mice suggest the potential existence of further Y receptor(s). Neuropeptides. 2005;39:21-8 pubmed
- Marion S, Oakley R, Kim K, Caron M, Barak L. A beta-arrestin binding determinant common to the second intracellular loops of rhodopsin family G protein-coupled receptors. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2932-8 pubmed
- Soscia S, Harrington M. Neuropeptide Y does not reset the circadian clock in NPY Y2-/- mice. Neurosci Lett. 2005;373:175-8 pubmed..Previous studies using receptor-selective agonists have indicated that this action of NPY is mediated by the Y2 receptor in hamsters...
- Qi Y, Fu M, Herzog H. Y2 receptor signalling in NPY neurons controls bone formation and fasting induced feeding but not spontaneous feeding. Neuropeptides. 2016;55:91-7 pubmed publisher..Importantly, another known function of central Y2 receptor signalling, the suppression of bone formation is conserved in this conditional model with whole body bone ..
- Pjetri E, Adan R, Herzog H, de Haas R, Oppelaar H, Spierenburg H, et al. NPY receptor subtype specification for behavioral adaptive strategies during limited food access. Genes Brain Behav. 2012;11:105-12 pubmed publisher..We tested NPY Y1 and Y2 receptor knockout mice and their wild-type littermate controls in a daily scheduled limited food access paradigm with ..
- Decressac M, Pain S, Chabeauti P, Frangeul L, Thiriet N, Herzog H, et al. Neuroprotection by neuropeptide Y in cell and animal models of Parkinson's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:2125-37 pubmed publisher..These results open new perspectives in neuroprotective therapies using NPY and suggest potential beneficial effects in PD. ..
- Loktev A, Jackson P. Neuropeptide Y family receptors traffic via the Bardet-Biedl syndrome pathway to signal in neuronal primary cilia. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1316-29 pubmed publisher..42 G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCR) revealing seven ciliary GPCRs, including the neuropeptide Y (NPY) receptors NPY2R and NPY5R...
- Wang L, Gourcerol G, Yuan P, Wu S, Million M, Larauche M, et al. Peripheral peptide YY inhibits propulsive colonic motor function through Y2 receptor in conscious mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;298:G45-56 pubmed publisher..These data established that PYY/PYY(3-36) potently inhibits basal and stress/serotonin/cholinergic-stimulated propulsive colonic motor function in conscious mice, likely via Y(2) receptors. ..
- Lin E, Young D, Baer K, Herzog H, During M. Differential actions of NPY on seizure modulation via Y1 and Y2 receptors: evidence from receptor knockout mice. Epilepsia. 2006;47:773-80 pubmed..This study shows for the first time an altered susceptibility to chemically induced seizures in Y1 and Y2 knockout mice and demonstrates a differential seizure modulation mediated by these receptors via a genetic approach. ..
- Shi Y, Lin S, Castillo L, Aljanova A, Enriquez R, Nguyen A, et al. Peripheral-specific y2 receptor knockdown protects mice from high-fat diet-induced obesity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011;19:2137-48 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that peripheral Y2 receptor signaling is critical in the regulation of oxidative fuel selection and physical activity and protects against ..
- Wraith A, Tornsten A, Chardon P, Harbitz I, Chowdhary B, Andersson L, et al. Evolution of the neuropeptide Y receptor family: gene and chromosome duplications deduced from the cloning and mapping of the five receptor subtype genes in pig. Genome Res. 2000;10:302-10 pubmed..The lower identity of Y(5) is due to high sequence divergence in the large third intracellular loop. The NPY1R, NPY2R, and NPY5R receptor genes were localized to SSC8, the NPY4R to SSC14, and NPY6R to SSC2...
- Smith White M, Herzog H, Potter E. Role of neuropeptide Y Y(2) receptors in modulation of cardiac parasympathetic neurotransmission. Regul Pept. 2002;103:105-11 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that NPY attenuates parasympathetic activity to the heart via the Y(2) receptor. ..
- Besirli C, Gong T, Lomax M. The Atp1b3 gene for Na,K-ATPase beta 3 subunit maps to mouse chromosome 9, and a related gene, Atp1b3-rs, maps to mouse chromosome 3. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:171-2 pubmed
- Huang X, Yu Y, Li Y, Tim S, Deng C, Wang Q. Ventromedial hypothalamic NPY Y2 receptor in the maintenance of body weight in diet-induced obesity in mice. Neurochem Res. 2008;33:1881-8 pubmed publisherThis study examined changes in neuropeptide Y (NPY) Y2 receptor binding in the brains of C57BL/6 mice in response to different levels of high-fat diets via three dietary intervention methods: high-fat diet, switching from high- to low-..
- Wultsch T, Painsipp E, Donner S, Sperk G, Herzog H, Peskar B, et al. Selective increase of dark phase water intake in neuropeptide-Y Y2 and Y4 receptor knockout mice. Behav Brain Res. 2006;168:255-60 pubmed
- Xu X, Guo F, He Q, Cai X, Min D, Wang Q, et al. Altered expression of neuropeptide Y, Y1 and Y2 receptors, but not Y5 receptor, within hippocampus and temporal lobe cortex of tremor rats. Neuropeptides. 2014;48:97-105 pubmed publisher..This abnormal expression may be associated with the generation of epileptiform activity and provide a candidate target for treatment of genetic epilepsy. ..
- Shi Y, Lin S, Wong I, Baldock P, Aljanova A, Enriquez R, et al. NPY neuron-specific Y2 receptors regulate adipose tissue and trabecular bone but not cortical bone homeostasis in mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11361 pubmed publisherb>Y2 receptor signalling is known to be important in neuropeptide Y (NPY)-mediated effects on energy homeostasis and bone physiology...
- Hyland N, Cox H. The regulation of veratridine-stimulated electrogenic ion transport in mouse colon by neuropeptide Y (NPY), Y1 and Y2 receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;146:712-22 pubmed..Y(2) tone was absent from NPY-/- (and Y(2)-/-) colon and we conclude that NPY activation of neuronal Y(2) receptors attenuates secretory neurotransmission thereby providing an absorptive electrolyte tone in isolated colon. ..
- Moriya R, Shirakura T, Hirose H, Kanno T, Suzuki J, Kanatani A. NPY Y2 receptor agonist PYY(3-36) inhibits diarrhea by reducing intestinal fluid secretion and slowing colonic transit in mice. Peptides. 2010;31:671-5 pubmed publisher..Based on this anti-secretory effect, NPY Y2 receptor agonists may be useful as novel anti-diarrheal agents, but anti-diarrheal efficacy has yet to be determined...
- Hyland N, Sjöberg F, Tough I, Herzog H, Cox H. Functional consequences of neuropeptide Y Y 2 receptor knockout and Y2 antagonism in mouse and human colonic tissues. Br J Pharmacol. 2003;139:863-71 pubmed
- Teixeira L, Sousa D, Nunes A, Sousa M, Herzog H, Lamghari M. NPY revealed as a critical modulator of osteoblast function in vitro: new insights into the role of Y1 and Y2 receptors. J Cell Biochem. 2009;107:908-16 pubmed publisher..Here we report that chronically elevated NPY levels leaded to a modulation of the level of Y2 receptor expression marked with a transient down and upregulation according to the stage of osteoblast differentiation...
- Thiele T, Naveilhan P, Ernfors P. Assessment of ethanol consumption and water drinking by NPY Y(2) receptor knockout mice. Peptides. 2004;25:975-83 pubmed..The present results suggest roles for the NPY Y(2) receptor in the modulation of ethanol and water consumption. ..
- Lee N, Allison S, Enriquez R, Sainsbury A, Herzog H, Baldock P. Y2 and Y4 receptor signalling attenuates the skeletal response of central NPY. J Mol Neurosci. 2011;43:123-31 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it suggests that the reduction in cortical bone observed in the absence of leptin is due to the anti-osteogenic effect of elevated hypothalamic NPY levels. ..
- Naveilhan P, Neveu I, Arenas E, Ernfors P. Complementary and overlapping expression of Y1, Y2 and Y5 receptors in the developing and adult mouse nervous system. Neuroscience. 1998;87:289-302 pubmed
- Shi Y, Lau J, Lin Z, Zhang H, Zhai L, Sperk G, et al. Arcuate NPY controls sympathetic output and BAT function via a relay of tyrosine hydroxylase neurons in the PVN. Cell Metab. 2013;17:236-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal a powerful Arc-NPY-regulated neuronal circuit that controls BAT thermogenesis and sympathetic output via TH neurons. ..
- Batterham R, Heffron H, Kapoor S, Chivers J, Chandarana K, Herzog H, et al. Critical role for peptide YY in protein-mediated satiation and body-weight regulation. Cell Metab. 2006;4:223-33 pubmed..Our findings suggest that modulating the release of endogenous satiety factors, such as PYY, through alteration of specific diet constituents could provide a rational therapy for obesity. ..
- Elbrønd Bek H, Olling J, Gøtzsche C, Waterfield A, Wortwein G, Woldbye D. Neuropeptide Y-stimulated [(35) S]GTP?s functional binding is reduced in the hippocampus after kainate-induced seizures in mice. Synapse. 2014;68:427-36 pubmed publisher..However, the potential seizure-suppressant effects of increased NPY gene expression at late time points post-kainate could be attenuated by the novel finding of reduced NPY-receptor G-protein activation. ..
- Huang L, Tan H, Fogarty M, Andrews Z, Veldhuis J, Herzog H, et al. Actions of NPY, and its Y1 and Y2 receptors on pulsatile growth hormone secretion during the fed and fasted state. J Neurosci. 2014;34:16309-19 pubmed publisher..We used genetically modified mice (germline Npy, Y1, and Y2 receptor knock-out mice) to assess pulsatile GH secretion under both fed and fasting conditions...
- Lutz C, Frankel W, Richards J, Thompson D. Neuropeptide Y receptor genes on human chromosome 4q31-q32 map to conserved linkage groups on mouse chromosomes 3 and 8. Genomics. 1997;41:498-500 pubmedNpy1r and Npy2r, the genes encoding mouse type 1 and type 2 neuropeptide Y receptors, have been mapped by interspecific backcross analysis. Previous studies have localized the human genes encoding these receptors to chromosome 4q31-q32...
- Verma D, Wood J, Lach G, Mietzsch M, Weger S, Heilbronn R, et al. NPY Y2 receptors in the central amygdala reduce cued but not contextual fear. Neuropharmacology. 2015;99:665-74 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, this effect was blocked by intraperitoneal injection of a brain-penetrant Y2 receptor antagonist...
- Naveilhan P, Hassani H, Canals J, Ekstrand A, Larefalk A, Chhajlani V, et al. Normal feeding behavior, body weight and leptin response require the neuropeptide Y Y2 receptor. Nat Med. 1999;5:1188-93 pubmed..Little is known of the role of the Y2 receptor in mediating the different NPY effects...
- Brumovsky P, Stanic D, Shuster S, Herzog H, Villar M, Hokfelt T. Neuropeptide Y2 receptor protein is present in peptidergic and nonpeptidergic primary sensory neurons of the mouse. J Comp Neurol. 2005;489:328-48 pubmedThe localization of the neuropeptide tyrosine (NPY) Y2 receptor (Y2R) protein was studied in mouse dorsal root ganglia (DRGs) and spinal cord, by using a recently developed rabbit anti-Y2R antibody and a sensitive immunohistochemical ..
- Trivedi P, Yu H, Trumbauer M, Chen H, Van der Ploeg L, Guan X. Differential regulation of neuropeptide Y receptors in the brains of NPY knock-out mice. Peptides. 2001;22:395-403 pubmed..A 6-fold increase in Y2 receptor mRNA was observed in the CA1 region of the hippocampus in NPY KO mice, but a significant change could not be ..
- Hao S, Sternini C, Raybould H. Role of CCK1 and Y2 receptors in activation of hindbrain neurons induced by intragastric administration of bitter taste receptor ligands. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;294:R33-8 pubmed..T2Rs may regulate GI function via release of regulatory peptides and activation of the vagal reflex pathway. ..
- Nielsen J, Thomassen M, Møllgård K, Noraberg J, Jensen N. Zbtb20 defines a hippocampal neuronal identity through direct repression of genes that control projection neuron development in the isocortex. Cereb Cortex. 2014;24:1216-29 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the disclosed Zbtb20-mediated transcriptional repressor mechanism may be involved in development of the human archicortex. ..
- Peier A, Desai K, Hubert J, Du X, Yang L, Qian Y, et al. Effects of peripherally administered neuromedin U on energy and glucose homeostasis. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2644-54 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that NMU functions as a peripheral regulator of energy and glucose homeostasis and the development of NMUR1 agonists may be an effective treatment for diabetes and obesity. ..
- Mariani M, Baldessari D, Francisconi S, Viggiano L, Rocchi M, Zappavigna V, et al. Two murine and human homologs of mab-21, a cell fate determination gene involved in Caenorhabditis elegans neural development. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:2397-406 pubmed
- Chang R, Strochlic D, Williams E, Umans B, Liberles S. Vagal Sensory Neuron Subtypes that Differentially Control Breathing. Cell. 2015;161:622-633 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify two populations of mouse vagus nerve afferents (P2ry1, Npy2r), each a few hundred neurons, that exert powerful and opposing effects on breathing...
- Wood J, Verma D, Lach G, Bonaventure P, Herzog H, Sperk G, et al. Structure and function of the amygdaloid NPY system: NPY Y2 receptors regulate excitatory and inhibitory synaptic transmission in the centromedial amygdala. Brain Struct Funct. 2016;221:3373-91 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, NPY neurons did not co-localize with the Y2 receptor. Retrograde tract tracing experiments revealed that NPY neurons reciprocally connect the CEA and BNST...