Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Npy1r
Description: neuropeptide Y receptor Y1
Alias: NPY1-R, Npyr, Y1-R, neuropeptide Y receptor type 1, NPY-1 receptor, neuropeptide Y receptor subtype
- Karlsson R, Choe J, Cameron H, Thorsell A, Crawley J, Holmes A, et al. The neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor subtype is necessary for the anxiolytic-like effects of neuropeptide Y, but not the antidepressant-like effects of fluoxetine, in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2008;195:547-57 pubmed..The present study supports targeting Y1R as a novel therapeutic target for anxiety disorders. ..
- Stanic D, Mulder J, Watanabe M, Hokfelt T. Characterization of NPY Y2 receptor protein expression in the mouse brain. II. Coexistence with NPY, the Y1 receptor, and other neurotransmitter-related molecules. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:1219-57 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide further support that Y2R is mostly presynaptic, and that Y2Rs thus have a modulatory role in mediating presynaptic neurotransmitter release. ..
- Lin S, Boey D, Couzens M, Lee N, Sainsbury A, Herzog H. Compensatory changes in [125I]-PYY binding in Y receptor knockout mice suggest the potential existence of further Y receptor(s). Neuropeptides. 2005;39:21-8 pubmed
- Oberto A, Acquadro E, Bus T, Sprengel R, Eva C. Expression patterns of promoters for NPY Y(1) and Y(5) receptors in Y(5)RitTA and Y(1)RVenus BAC-transgenic mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:155-70 pubmed..The Tg(Y5RitTA/Y1RVenus)-transgenic mice generated here also represent a genetic tool for conditional mutagenesis via the Cre lox system, particularly of genes involved in feeding behaviour, neuronal excitability and hormone secretion. ..
- Wittmann W, Loacker S, Kapeller I, Herzog H, Schwarzer C. Y1-receptors regulate the expression of Y2-receptors in distinct mouse forebrain areas. Neuroscience. 2005;136:241-50 pubmed..toward other Y-receptor types, we applied in-situ hybridization and radioligand-binding studies on brain slices of Npy1r-, Npy2r- or Npy5r-knockout mice. Significant changes were seen in Y1-receptor-deficient mice...
- Wheway J, Mackay C, Newton R, Sainsbury A, Boey D, Herzog H, et al. A fundamental bimodal role for neuropeptide Y1 receptor in the immune system. J Exp Med. 2005;202:1527-38 pubmed..Our findings uncover a sophisticated molecular mechanism regulating immune cell functions that can lead to stress-induced immunosuppression. ..
- Lutz C, Frankel W, Richards J, Thompson D. Neuropeptide Y receptor genes on human chromosome 4q31-q32 map to conserved linkage groups on mouse chromosomes 3 and 8. Genomics. 1997;41:498-500 pubmedb>Npy1r and Npy2r, the genes encoding mouse type 1 and type 2 neuropeptide Y receptors, have been mapped by interspecific backcross analysis. Previous studies have localized the human genes encoding these receptors to chromosome 4q31-q32...
- Statello R, Carnevali L, Paterlini S, Gioiosa L, Bertocchi I, Oberto A, et al. Reduced NPY Y1 receptor hippocampal expression and signs of decreased vagal modulation of heart rate in mice. Physiol Behav. 2017;172:31-39 pubmed publisher..transmitters were implanted in 4-month-old male mice exhibiting reduced forebrain expression (rfb) of the Y1R (Npy1rrfb, n=10) and their corresponding controls (Npy1r2lox, n=8)...
- Hyland N, Cox H. The regulation of veratridine-stimulated electrogenic ion transport in mouse colon by neuropeptide Y (NPY), Y1 and Y2 receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;146:712-22 pubmed..Y(2) tone was absent from NPY-/- (and Y(2)-/-) colon and we conclude that NPY activation of neuronal Y(2) receptors attenuates secretory neurotransmission thereby providing an absorptive electrolyte tone in isolated colon. ..
- Lutz C, Richards J, Scott K, Sinha S, Yang Feng T, Frankel W, et al. Neuropeptide Y receptor genes mapped in human and mouse: receptors with high affinity for pancreatic polypeptide are not clustered with receptors specific for neuropeptide Y and peptide YY. Genomics. 1997;46:287-90 pubmed..The physical association of these receptor genes correlates with ligand-binding properties, rather than sequence identity, and suggests a complex evolutionary relationship. ..
- Eva C, Oberto A, Sprengel R, Genazzani E. The murine NPY-1 receptor gene. Structure and delineation of tissue-specific expression. FEBS Lett. 1992;314:285-8 pubmed..In addition, it contains consensus sequences for various transcription factors including cAMP- and glucocorticoid-responsive elements. ..
- Yahara M, Tei K, Tamura M. Inhibition of neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor induces osteoblast differentiation in MC3T3â€‘E1 cells. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:2779-2784 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that Y1 receptor inhibition may increase osteoblastic differentiation, which indicates a role of the Y1 receptor in the regulation of osteoblastic differentiation. ..
- Soscia S, Harrington M. Neuropeptide Y attenuates NMDA-induced phase shifts in the SCN of NPY Y1 receptor knockout mice in vitro. Brain Res. 2004;1023:148-53 pubmed..The Y1 receptor may contribute to a functional model of circadian rhythms, but apparently is not essential for the effects of NPY on photic phase shifts. ..
- Allison S, Baldock P, Enriquez R, Lin E, During M, Gardiner E, et al. Critical interplay between neuropeptide Y and sex steroid pathways in bone and adipose tissue homeostasis. J Bone Miner Res. 2009;24:294-304 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this interaction represents a novel mechanism for the integration of endocrine and neural signals initiated in the hypothalamus and provides further insight into the coordination of bone and energy homeostasis. ..
- Musso R, Grilli M, Oberto A, Gamalero S, Eva C. Regulation of mouse neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor gene transcription: a potential role for nuclear factor-kappa B/Rel proteins. Mol Pharmacol. 1997;51:27-35 pubmed..Through transient transfection studies, we also demonstrated that the Y1-kappa B sequence acts as an enhancer element, inferring its potential role in regulation of the Y1 receptor gene expression. ..
- Jin H, Bae J, Furuya S, Carter J. Amyloid beta-derived neuroplasticity in bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells is mediated by NPY and 5-HT2B receptors via ERK1/2 signalling pathways. Cell Prolif. 2009;42:571-86 pubmed publisher..The effect of Abeta is mediated by G-protein coupled receptors, neuropeptide Y1 (NPY1R) and serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) receptor 2B, via phosphatidylinositol-3-OH kinase-dependent activation of the ..
- Yuzuriha H, Inui A, Asakawa A, Ueno N, Kasuga M, Meguid M, et al. Gastrointestinal hormones (anorexigenic peptide YY and orexigenic ghrelin) influence neural tube development. FASEB J. 2007;21:2108-12 pubmed..The present study is the first linking GI hormones to the leading cause of infant mortality and provides a novel insight for neurogenesis in which materno-fetal communication through GI hormones appears to be important. ..
- Elbrønd Bek H, Olling J, Gøtzsche C, Waterfield A, Wortwein G, Woldbye D. Neuropeptide Y-stimulated [(35) S]GTP?s functional binding is reduced in the hippocampus after kainate-induced seizures in mice. Synapse. 2014;68:427-36 pubmed publisher..However, the potential seizure-suppressant effects of increased NPY gene expression at late time points post-kainate could be attenuated by the novel finding of reduced NPY-receptor G-protein activation. ..
- Crnkovic S, Egemnazarov B, Jain P, Seay U, Gattinger N, Marsh L, et al. NPY/Y? receptor-mediated vasoconstrictory and proliferative effects in pulmonary hypertension. Br J Pharmacol. 2014;171:3895-907 pubmed publisher..NPY and Y? receptor are possible mediators of both vasoconstriction and pulmonary vascular remodelling in PH. ..
- Park M, Jin H, Min W, Lee W, Lee J, Akiyama H, et al. Neuropeptide Y regulates the hematopoietic stem cell microenvironment and prevents nerve injury in the bone marrow. EMBO J. 2015;34:1648-60 pubmed publisher..They also reveal a new role of NPY as a regulator of the bone marrow microenvironment and highlight the potential therapeutic value of this neuropeptide. ..
- Naveilhan P, Hassani H, Lucas G, Blakeman K, Hao J, Xu X, et al. Reduced antinociception and plasma extravasation in mice lacking a neuropeptide Y receptor. Nature. 2001;409:513-7 pubmed
- Decressac M, Pain S, Chabeauti P, Frangeul L, Thiriet N, Herzog H, et al. Neuroprotection by neuropeptide Y in cell and animal models of Parkinson's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:2125-37 pubmed publisher..These results open new perspectives in neuroprotective therapies using NPY and suggest potential beneficial effects in PD. ..
- Yu P, Mosbrook D, Tagle D. Genomic organization and expression analysis of mouse kynurenine aminotransferase II, a possible factor in the pathophysiology of Huntington's disease. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:845-52 pubmed
- Crawshaw L, Wallace H, Christensen R, Crabbe J. Influence of ethanol on thermoregulation: mapping quantitative trait loci. Physiol Genomics. 2001;7:159-69 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report of QTLs that underlie changes in regulation as well as the disruption of a physiological regulatory system. ..
- Kurebayashi N, Sato M, Fujisawa T, Fukushima K, Tamura M. Regulation of neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor expression by bone morphogenetic protein 2 in C2C12 myoblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:506-10 pubmed publisher..These results show that BMP2 signaling regulates Y1 receptor gene expression, and raises the possibility that NPY acts in osteoblasts via an autocrine mechanism. ..
- Sainsbury A, Bergen H, Boey D, Bamming D, Cooney G, Lin S, et al. Y2Y4 receptor double knockout protects against obesity due to a high-fat diet or Y1 receptor deficiency in mice. Diabetes. 2006;55:19-26 pubmed..Therefore, deletion of Y2 and Y4 receptors synergistically protects against diet-induced obesity, at least partially via changes in food intake and hypothalamic proopiomelanocortin expression. ..
- Xiang J, Yang H, Zhao T, Sun M, Xu X, Zhou X, et al. Huntingtin-associated protein 1 regulates postnatal neurogenesis and neurotrophin receptor sorting. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:85-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that intracellular sorting of neurotrophin receptors is critical for postnatal neurogenesis and could provide a therapeutic target for defective postnatal neurogenesis. ..
- Stanic D, Paratcha G, Ledda F, Herzog H, Kopin A, Hokfelt T. Peptidergic influences on proliferation, migration, and placement of neural progenitors in the adult mouse forebrain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3610-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that both NPY and CCK through their receptors help to regulate the proliferation of precursor cells, the amount of neuroblast cells in the SVZ and RMS, and influence the differentiation of OB interneurons. ..
- Cone R, Chattopadhyay S, O Rourke J. Control of delayed-type hypersensitivity by ocular- induced CD8+ regulatory t cells. Chem Immunol Allergy. 2008;94:138-49 pubmed publisher..In aggregate, this oculothymic- splenic pathway is a well-controlled response to ocular injury that utilizes a systemic response to antigen that may protect ocular tissue and systemic tissue...
- Benmaamar R, Pham Lê B, Marescaux C, Pedrazzini T, Depaulis A. Induced down-regulation of neuropeptide Y-Y1 receptors delays initiation of kindling. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:768-74 pubmed..The lack of an effect of the deficiency of Y1 receptors in the control of kindling development in Y1 knock-out mice could be due to compensatory mechanisms. ..
- Zammaretti F, Panzica G, Eva C. Sex-dependent regulation of hypothalamic neuropeptide Y-Y1 receptor gene expression in moderate/high fat, high-energy diet-fed mice. J Physiol. 2007;583:445-54 pubmed..Overall, these results provide new insights into the mechanism by which diet composition affects the hypothalamic circuit that controls energy homeostasis. ..
- Pedrazzini T, Seydoux J, Künstner P, Aubert J, Grouzmann E, Beermann F, et al. Cardiovascular response, feeding behavior and locomotor activity in mice lacking the NPY Y1 receptor. Nat Med. 1998;4:722-6 pubmed..In addition, these data are also indicative of a role for the Y1 receptor in the control of food intake. ..
- Doyle K, Karl T, Hort Y, Duffy L, Shine J, Herzog H. Y1 receptors are critical for the proliferation of adult mouse precursor cells in the olfactory neuroepithelium. J Neurochem. 2008;105:641-52 pubmed..Together these results indicate that NPY and the Y1 receptor are required for the normal proliferation of adult olfactory precursors and olfactory function. ..
- Macia L, Rao P, Wheway J, Sierro F, Mackay F, Herzog H. Y1 signalling has a critical role in allergic airway inflammation. Immunol Cell Biol. 2011;89:882-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together this study demonstrates that signalling through Y1-receptors emerges as a critical pathway for the development of airway inflammation and as such potentially opens novel avenues for therapeutic intervention in asthma. ..
- Contos J, Chun J. Genomic characterization of the lysophosphatidic acid receptor gene, lp(A2)/Edg4, and identification of a frameshift mutation in a previously characterized cDNA. Genomics. 2000;64:155-69 pubmed
- Lundberg P, Allison S, Lee N, Baldock P, Brouard N, Rost S, et al. Greater bone formation of Y2 knockout mice is associated with increased osteoprogenitor numbers and altered Y1 receptor expression. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19082-91 pubmed
- Sainsbury A, Lin S, McNamara K, Slack K, Enriquez R, Lee N, et al. Dynorphin knockout reduces fat mass and increases weight loss during fasting in mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:1722-35 pubmed
- Gonzales C, Voirol M, Giacomini M, Gaillard R, Pedrazzini T, Pralong F. The neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor mediates NPY-induced inhibition of the gonadotrope axis under poor metabolic conditions. FASEB J. 2004;18:137-9 pubmed
- Morgan R, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Balsara B, Testa J, et al. Novel human and mouse annexin A10 are linked to the genome duplications during early chordate evolution. Genomics. 1999;60:40-9 pubmed
- Howell O, Doyle K, Goodman J, Scharfman H, Herzog H, Pringle A, et al. Neuropeptide Y stimulates neuronal precursor proliferation in the post-natal and adult dentate gyrus. J Neurochem. 2005;93:560-70 pubmed..These results show that NPY stimulates neuronal precursor proliferation in the dentate gyrus and suggest that NPY-releasing interneurons may modulate dentate neurogenesis. ..
- Karl T, Lin S, Schwarzer C, Sainsbury A, Couzens M, Wittmann W, et al. Y1 receptors regulate aggressive behavior by modulating serotonin pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:12742-7 pubmed..These results suggest that NPY acting through Y1 receptors regulates the 5-HT system, thereby coordinately linking physiological survival mechanisms such as food intake with enabling territorial aggressive behavior. ..
- Nakamura M, Yokoyama M, Watanabe H, Matsumoto T. Molecular cloning, organization and localization of the gene for the mouse neuropeptide Y-Y5 receptor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1328:83-9 pubmed..The mouse NPY-Y5 receptor gene can map about 10 kbp upstream of the transcriptional initiation sites of the NPY-Y1 receptor gene with an opposite orientation. ..
- Pralong F, Gonzales C, Voirol M, Palmiter R, Brunner H, Gaillard R, et al. The neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor regulates leptin-mediated control of energy homeostasis and reproductive functions. FASEB J. 2002;16:712-4 pubmed..Results point to a crucial role for the NPY Y1 receptor in mediating the NPY pathways situated downstream of leptin actions and controlling food intake, the onset of puberty, and the maintenance of reproductive functions. ..
- Soltysik Espanola M, Rogers R, Jiang S, Kim T, Gaedigk R, White R, et al. Characterization of Mayven, a novel actin-binding protein predominantly expressed in brain. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2361-75 pubmed..These results suggest that Mayven functions as an actin-binding protein that may be translocated along axonal processes and might be involved in the dynamic organization of the actin cytoskeleton in brain cells. ..
- Broberger C, Visser T, Kuhar M, Hokfelt T. Neuropeptide Y innervation and neuropeptide-Y-Y1-receptor-expressing neurons in the paraventricular hypothalamic nucleus of the mouse. Neuroendocrinology. 1999;70:295-305 pubmed..This study further defines the link between NPY-induced feeding and the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis. ..
- Gregor P, Millham M, Feng Y, DeCarr L, McCaleb M, Cornfield L. Cloning and characterization of a novel receptor to pancreatic polypeptide, a member of the neuropeptide Y receptor family. FEBS Lett. 1996;381:58-62 pubmedWe report isolation of a murine gene, NPYR-D, which predicts an intronless novel G protein-coupled receptor of 375 amino acids...
- Nakamura M, Sakanaka C, Aoki Y, Ogasawara H, Tsuji T, Kodama H, et al. Identification of two isoforms of mouse neuropeptide Y-Y1 receptor generated by alternative splicing. Isolation, genomic structure, and functional expression of the receptors. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:30102-10 pubmed..These results suggest that the Y1 beta receptor is an embryonic and a bone marrow form of the NPY-Y1 receptor, which decreases in the expression during development and differentiation. ..
- Lin E, Sainsbury A, Lee N, Boey D, Couzens M, Enriquez R, et al. Combined deletion of Y1, Y2, and Y4 receptors prevents hypothalamic neuropeptide Y overexpression-induced hyperinsulinemia despite persistence of hyperphagia and obesity. Endocrinology. 2006;147:5094-101 pubmed
- Karl T, Chesworth R, Duffy L, Herzog H. Acoustic startle response and sensorimotor gating in a genetic mouse model for the Y1 receptor. Neuropeptides. 2010;44:233-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, it appears that the Y(1) receptor influences the acoustic startle response and its habituation but does not play a major role in sensorimotor gating. Further explorations into the effects of Y(1) deficiency seem valid. ..
- Thiele T, Koh M, Pedrazzini T. Voluntary alcohol consumption is controlled via the neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor. J Neurosci. 2002;22:RC208 pubmed..5 gm/kg dose. These data suggest that the NPY Y1 receptor regulates voluntary ethanol consumption and some of the intoxicating effects caused by administration of ethanol. ..
- Oberto A, Serra M, Pisu M, Biggio G, Eva C. Changes in expression of the neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor gene in the medial amygdala of transgenic mice during pregnancy and after delivery. J Neurochem. 2002;82:1272-81 pubmed
- Costoli T, Sgoifo A, Stilli D, Flugge G, Adriani W, Laviola G, et al. Behavioural, neural and cardiovascular adaptations in mice lacking the NPY Y1 receptor. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2005;29:113-23 pubmed
- Kanatani A, Mashiko S, Murai N, Sugimoto N, Ito J, Fukuroda T, et al. Role of the Y1 receptor in the regulation of neuropeptide Y-mediated feeding: comparison of wild-type, Y1 receptor-deficient, and Y5 receptor-deficient mice. Endocrinology. 2000;141:1011-6 pubmed..We conclude that multiple NPY receptors, possibly including the novel feeding receptor, are involved in the feeding response evoked by NPY and its analogs. Among them, the Y1 receptor plays a key role in NPY-induced feeding in mice. ..
- Longo A, Mele P, Bertocchi I, Oberto A, Bachmann A, Bartolomucci A, et al. Conditional inactivation of neuropeptide Y Y1 receptors unravels the role of Y1 and Y5 receptors coexpressing neurons in anxiety. Biol Psychiatry. 2014;76:840-9 pubmed publisher..behavior, spatial memory, and metabolic functions of conditional knockout mice in which the inactivation of the Npy1r gene was induced in the Y5Rs expressing neurons of juvenile mice (Npy1r(Y5R-/-) )...
- Painsipp E, Sperk G, Herzog H, Holzer P. Delayed stress-induced differences in locomotor and depression-related behaviour in female neuropeptide-Y Y1 receptor knockout mice. J Psychopharmacol. 2010;24:1541-9 pubmed publisher..These findings attest to a role of Y1 receptor signalling in the control of stress coping and/or adaptation. ..
- Cavadas C, Cefai D, Rosmaninho Salgado J, Vieira Coelho M, Moura E, Busso N, et al. Deletion of the neuropeptide Y (NPY) Y1 receptor gene reveals a regulatory role of NPY on catecholamine synthesis and secretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10497-10502 pubmed publisher..We propose that NPY controls the release and synthesis of catecholamine from the adrenal medulla and consequently contributes to the sympathoadrenal tone. ..
- Burcelin R, Brunner H, Seydoux J, Thorensa B, Pedrazzini T. Increased insulin concentrations and glucose storage in neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor-deficient mice. Peptides. 2001;22:421-7 pubmed..Leptin infusion normalized hyperinsulinemia and glucose turnover. These results suggest a possible mechanism for the development of obesity without hyperphagia via dysfunction in regulatory loops involving NPY, leptin and insulin. ..
- Karl T, Burne T, Herzog H. Effect of Y1 receptor deficiency on motor activity, exploration, and anxiety. Behav Brain Res. 2006;167:87-93 pubmed..This role is also influenced by several factors such as circadian rhythm and stress exposure confirming the importance of a comprehensive strategy and of using genetic animal models in behavioural neuroscience. ..
- Uhlirova H, Kılıç K, Tian P, Thunemann M, Desjardins M, Saisan P, et al. Cell type specificity of neurovascular coupling in cerebral cortex. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Further, the NPY-Y1 pathway may offer a potential therapeutic target in cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Park M, Lee J, Kim N, Min W, Lee J, Kim K, et al. Neuropeptide Y Induces Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cell Mobilization by Regulating Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Activity Through Y1 Receptor in Osteoblasts. Stem Cells. 2016;34:2145-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a new role of NPY on HSPC mobilization, as well as the potential therapeutic application of this neuropeptide for stem cell-based therapy. Stem Cells 2016;34:2145-2156. ..
- Longo A, Oberto A, Mele P, Mattiello L, Pisu M, Palanza P, et al. NPY-Y1 coexpressed with NPY-Y5 receptors modulate anxiety but not mild social stress response in mice. Genes Brain Behav. 2015;14:534-42 pubmed publisher..demonstrated that conditional removal of the Y1 receptor in the Y5 receptor expressing neurons in juvenile Npy1r(Y5R-/-) mice leads to higher anxiety but no changes in hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenocortical axis activity, under ..
- Oberto A, Mele P, Zammaretti F, Panzica G, Eva C. Evidence of altered neuropeptide Y content and neuropeptide Y1 receptor gene expression in the hypothalamus of pregnant transgenic mice. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4826-30 pubmed..These results suggest that the elevated expression of NPY in the ventromedial nucleus may contribute to the state of leptin resistance that occurs during pregnancy. ..
- Macia L, Yulyaningsih E, Pangon L, Nguyen A, Lin S, Shi Y, et al. Neuropeptide Y1 receptor in immune cells regulates inflammation and insulin resistance associated with diet-induced obesity. Diabetes. 2012;61:3228-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, Y1 signaling in hematopoietic-derived cells such as macrophages is critical for the control of inflammation and insulin resistance in obesity. ..
- Jia C, Hegg C. NPY mediates ATP-induced neuroproliferation in adult mouse olfactory epithelium. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;38:405-13 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that ATP initiates neuroproliferation via NPY upregulation, NPY release, and Y1 receptor activation, and suggests that the olfactory epithelium is good model to study neuroregenerative mechanisms in the CNS...
- Naveilhan P, Canals J, Arenas E, Ernfors P. Distinct roles of the Y1 and Y2 receptors on neuropeptide Y-induced sensitization to sedation. J Neurochem. 2001;78:1201-7 pubmed..These data demonstrate the physiological and pharmacological impact of the Y1 and Y2 receptors on sedation. ..