Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nppa
Description: natriuretic peptide type A
Alias: ANP, Anf, Pnd, natriuretic peptides A, atrial natriuretic factor, atrial natriuretic peptide, natriuretic peptide precursor type A, prepronatriodilatin
- Chen H, Shi S, Acosta L, Li W, Lu J, Bao S, et al. BMP10 is essential for maintaining cardiac growth during murine cardiogenesis. Development. 2004;131:2219-31 pubmed..This may provide an underlying mechanism for understanding the pathogenesis of both structural and functional congenital heart defects. ..
- John S, Krege J, Oliver P, Hagaman J, Hodgin J, Pang S, et al. Genetic decreases in atrial natriuretic peptide and salt-sensitive hypertension. Science. 1995;267:679-81 pubmedTo determine if defects in the atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) system can cause hypertension, mice were generated with a disruption of the proANP gene...
- Takeuchi J, Ohgi M, Koshiba Takeuchi K, Shiratori H, Sakaki I, Ogura K, et al. Tbx5 specifies the left/right ventricles and ventricular septum position during cardiogenesis. Development. 2003;130:5953-64 pubmed..In such heart, left ventricle (LV)-specific ANF gene was induced...
- Togi K, Kawamoto T, Yamauchi R, Yoshida Y, Kita T, Tanaka M. Role of Hand1/eHAND in the dorso-ventral patterning and interventricular septum formation in the embryonic heart. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4627-35 pubmed..Furthermore, expression of Hand1/eHAND in the whole ventricles altered the expression patterns of Chisel, ANF, and Hand2/dHAND but did not affect Tbx5 expression...
- Harrelson Z, Kelly R, Goldin S, Gibson Brown J, Bollag R, Silver L, et al. Tbx2 is essential for patterning the atrioventricular canal and for morphogenesis of the outflow tract during heart development. Development. 2004;131:5041-52 pubmed
- Ganga M, Espinoza H, Cox C, Morton L, Hjalt T, Lee Y, et al. PITX2 isoform-specific regulation of atrial natriuretic factor expression: synergism and repression with Nkx2.5. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:22437-45 pubmed..We report here that the atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) promoter is a target of PITX2...
- Chen Y, Ishii M, Sucov H, Maxson R. Msx1 and Msx2 are required for endothelial-mesenchymal transformation of the atrioventricular cushions and patterning of the atrioventricular myocardium. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, perturbed expression of chamber-specific genes Anf, Tbx2, Hand1 and Hand2 reveals mispatterning of the Msx1/2 double mutant myocardium and suggests functions of Msx1 ..
- de Lange F, Moorman A, Anderson R, Männer J, Soufan A, de Gier de Vries C, et al. Lineage and morphogenetic analysis of the cardiac valves. Circ Res. 2004;95:645-54 pubmed..The tricuspid septal leaflet then delaminates from the muscular ventricular septum late in development. ..
- Bruneau B, Nemer G, Schmitt J, Charron F, Robitaille L, Caron S, et al. A murine model of Holt-Oram syndrome defines roles of the T-box transcription factor Tbx5 in cardiogenesis and disease. Cell. 2001;106:709-21 pubmed..Surprisingly, Tbx5 haploinsufficiency also markedly decreased atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) and connexin 40 (cx40) transcription, implicating these as Tbx5 target genes and providing a ..
- Takeuchi J, Mileikovskaia M, Koshiba Takeuchi K, Heidt A, Mori A, Arruda E, et al. Tbx20 dose-dependently regulates transcription factor networks required for mouse heart and motoneuron development. Development. 2005;132:2463-74 pubmed..We conclude that Tbx20 is positioned at a critical node in transcription factor networks required for heart and motoneuron development where it dose-dependently regulates gene expression. ..
- Thattaliyath B, Firulli B, Firulli A. The basic-helix-loop-helix transcription factor HAND2 directly regulates transcription of the atrial naturetic peptide gene. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2002;34:1335-44 pubmed..transcriptional targets, we have determined that HAND2 regulates the transcription of the Atrial Naturetic Peptide (ANP) gene. Results show that ANP expression is reduced in HAND2 null mice...
- Bakker M, Boukens B, Mommersteeg M, Brons J, Wakker V, Moorman A, et al. Transcription factor Tbx3 is required for the specification of the atrioventricular conduction system. Circ Res. 2008;102:1340-9 pubmed publisher..5 and 15.5, ectopically expressed genes for connexin (Cx)43, atrial natriuretic factor (Nppa), Tbx18, and Tbx20 in the atrioventricular bundle and proximal bundle branches...
- Christoffels V, Hoogaars W, Tessari A, Clout D, Moorman A, Campione M. T-box transcription factor Tbx2 represses differentiation and formation of the cardiac chambers. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:763-70 pubmed..and protein expression in mouse hearts was found to be complementary to that of chamber myocardium-specific genes Nppa, Cx40, Cx43, and Chisel, and was conserved in human...
- Koshiba Takeuchi K, Takeuchi J, Arruda E, Kathiriya I, Mo R, Hui C, et al. Cooperative and antagonistic interactions between Sall4 and Tbx5 pattern the mouse limb and heart. Nat Genet. 2006;38:175-83 pubmed..Thus, a positive and negative feed-forward circuit between Tbx5 and Sall4 ensures precise patterning of embryonic limb and heart and provides a unifying mechanism for heart/hand syndromes. ..
- Hartmann M, Skryabin B, Muller T, Gazinski A, Schröter J, Gassner B, et al. Alternative splicing of the guanylyl cyclase-A receptor modulates atrial natriuretic peptide signaling. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28313-20 pubmed publisherAtrial (ANP) and B-type natriuretic peptides (BNP) modulate blood pressure and volume through the stimulation of cyclic GMP production by their guanylyl cyclase-A (GC-A) receptor...
- Delgado Olguin P, Huang Y, Li X, Christodoulou D, Seidman C, Seidman J, et al. Epigenetic repression of cardiac progenitor gene expression by Ezh2 is required for postnatal cardiac homeostasis. Nat Genet. 2012;44:343-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that epigenetic dysregulation in embryonic progenitor cells is a predisposing factor for adult disease and dysregulated stress responses. ..
- Li S, Wang D, Wang Z, Richardson J, Olson E. The serum response factor coactivator myocardin is required for vascular smooth muscle development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9366-70 pubmed..5 and show no evidence of vascular SMC differentiation. Myocardin is the only transcription factor known to be necessary and sufficient for vascular SMC differentiation. ..
- Ribeiro I, Kawakami Y, Buscher D, Raya A, Rodriguez Leon J, Morita M, et al. Tbx2 and Tbx3 regulate the dynamics of cell proliferation during heart remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e398 pubmed
- Laforest B, Nemer M. GATA5 interacts with GATA4 and GATA6 in outflow tract development. Dev Biol. 2011;358:368-78 pubmed publisher..The data identify GATA5 as a potential genetic modifier of congenital heart disease and provide insight for elucidating the genetic basis of an important class of human birth defects. ..
- Cai C, Zhou W, Yang L, Bu L, Qyang Y, Zhang X, et al. T-box genes coordinate regional rates of proliferation and regional specification during cardiogenesis. Development. 2005;132:2475-87 pubmed
- Gaussin V, Van de Putte T, Mishina Y, Hanks M, Zwijsen A, Huylebroeck D, et al. Endocardial cushion and myocardial defects after cardiac myocyte-specific conditional deletion of the bone morphogenetic protein receptor ALK3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:2878-83 pubmed..Hence, ALK3 is essential, beyond just the egg cylinder stage, for myocyte-dependent functions and signals in cardiac organogenesis. ..
- Callis T, Pandya K, Seok H, Tang R, Tatsuguchi M, Huang Z, et al. MicroRNA-208a is a regulator of cardiac hypertrophy and conduction in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2772-86 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover what we believe are novel miRNA-dependent mechanisms that modulate cardiac hypertrophy and electrical conduction. ..
- Christoffels V, Habets P, Franco D, Campione M, de Jong F, Lamers W, et al. Chamber formation and morphogenesis in the developing mammalian heart. Dev Biol. 2000;223:266-78 pubmed..We traced the spatial pattern of expression of genes encoding atrial natriuretic factor, sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase, Chisel, Irx5, Irx4, myosin light chain 2v, and beta-myosin heavy ..
- Pu W, Ishiwata T, Juraszek A, Ma Q, Izumo S. GATA4 is a dosage-sensitive regulator of cardiac morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2004;275:235-44 pubmed..Surprisingly, expression levels of the putative GATA4 target genes ANF, BNP, MEF2C, Nkx2-5, cyclin D2, and BMP4 were unchanged in mutant hearts, suggesting that GATA4 is not a dose-..
- Zeisberg E, Ma Q, Juraszek A, Moses K, Schwartz R, Izumo S, et al. Morphogenesis of the right ventricle requires myocardial expression of Gata4. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:1522-31 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a general role of myocardial Gata4 in regulating cardiomyocyte proliferation and a specific, stage-dependent role in regulating the morphogenesis of the RV and the atrioventricular canal. ..
- Ma L, Lu M, Schwartz R, Martin J. Bmp2 is essential for cardiac cushion epithelial-mesenchymal transition and myocardial patterning. Development. 2005;132:5601-11 pubmed..Our data indicate that Bmp2 has a crucial role in coordinating multiple aspects of AV canal morphogenesis. ..
- Costa M, Fernandes Santos C, Faria T, Aguila M, Mandarim de Lacerda C. Diets rich in saturated fat and/or salt differentially modulate atrial natriuretic peptide and renin expression in C57BL/6 mice. Eur J Nutr. 2012;51:89-96 pubmed publisherTo study the effects of a diet rich in salt and/or saturated fat on atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP)-granules, hypertension, renin expression, and cardiac structure in C57Bl/6 mice...
- Niu Z, Yu W, Zhang S, Barron M, Belaguli N, Schneider M, et al. Conditional mutagenesis of the murine serum response factor gene blocks cardiogenesis and the transcription of downstream gene targets. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32531-8 pubmed
- Westendorp B, Major J, Nader M, Salih M, Leenen F, Tuana B. The E2F6 repressor activates gene expression in myocardium resulting in dilated cardiomyopathy. FASEB J. 2012;26:2569-79 pubmed publisher..The data highlight an unprecedented role for the strict regulation of the E2F pathway in normal postnatal cardiac function. ..
- Goswami S, Thierry Mieg D, Thierry Mieg J, Mishra S, Hoon M, Mannes A, et al. Itch-associated peptides: RNA-Seq and bioinformatic analysis of natriuretic precursor peptide B and gastrin releasing peptide in dorsal root and trigeminal ganglia, and the spinal cord. Mol Pain. 2014;10:44 pubmed publisher..natriuretic peptide receptor 1 (NPR1), is well expressed in mouse DRG and less so in rat and human, whereas NPPA, which also acts on the NPR1 receptor, is expressed in all three species...
- Qiu Z, Mei B, Wu Y, Huang X, Wang Z, Han Y, et al. Atrial natriuretic peptide signal pathway upregulated in stomach of streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:48-55 pubmedTo investigate atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) secretion from gastric mucosa and the relationship between the ANP/natriuretic peptide receptor type A (NPR-A) pathway and diabetic gastroparesis...
- Firulli A, McFadden D, Lin Q, Srivastava D, Olson E. Heart and extra-embryonic mesodermal defects in mouse embryos lacking the bHLH transcription factor Hand1. Nat Genet. 1998;18:266-70 pubmed..Heart development was also perturbed and did not progress beyond the cardiac-looping stage. Our results demonstrate important roles for Hand1 in extraembryonic mesodermal and heart development. ..
- Klinger J, Warburton R, Pietras L, Smithies O, Swift R, Hill N. Genetic disruption of atrial natriuretic peptide causes pulmonary hypertension in normoxic and hypoxic mice. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:L868-74 pubmedTo determine whether atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) plays a physiological role in modulating pulmonary hypertensive responses, we studied mice with gene-targeted disruption of the ANP gene under normoxic and chronically hypoxic ..
- Wu H, Lee S, Gao J, Liu X, Iruela Arispe M. Inactivation of erythropoietin leads to defects in cardiac morphogenesis. Development. 1999;126:3597-605 pubmed
- Buckley C, Stokes A. Corin-deficient W-sh mice poorly tolerate increased cardiac afterload. Regul Pept. 2011;172:44-50 pubmed publisher..Corin is a transmembrane serine protease critical for processing atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) from pro-ANP through proteolytic cleavage...
- Nagy I, Railo A, Rapila R, Hast T, Sormunen R, Tavi P, et al. Wnt-11 signalling controls ventricular myocardium development by patterning N-cadherin and beta-catenin expression. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;85:100-9 pubmed publisher..5, Mef2c, ANP, and BNP genes is down-regulated relative to controls...
- Nimura K, Ura K, Shiratori H, Ikawa M, Okabe M, Schwartz R, et al. A histone H3 lysine 36 trimethyltransferase links Nkx2-5 to Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome. Nature. 2009;460:287-91 pubmed publisher..We propose that WHSC1 functions together with developmental transcription factors to prevent the inappropriate transcription that can lead to various pathophysiologies. ..
- Koshiba Takeuchi K, Mori A, Kaynak B, Cebra Thomas J, Sukonnik T, Georges R, et al. Reptilian heart development and the molecular basis of cardiac chamber evolution. Nature. 2009;461:95-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a molecular mechanism for the evolution of the amniote ventricle, and support the concept that altered expression of developmental regulators is a key mechanism of vertebrate evolution. ..
- Yuan K, Kim S, Oh Y, Yu J, Shah A, Park B, et al. Upregulation of ANP and NPR-C mRNA in the kidney and heart of eNOS knockout mice. Peptides. 2010;31:1319-25 pubmed publisherThe aim of the present studywas to examine the question of whether the atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) system is altered by endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS)...
- Serfas M, Tyner A. HNF-1 alpha and HNF-1 beta expression in mouse intestinal crypts. Am J Physiol. 1993;265:G506-13 pubmed..Although HNF-1 is necessary for transcription of the AFP gene, other factors must be involved in eliciting the cell type-specific pattern of AFP expression in the intestine...
- Wang D, Oparil S, Feng J, Li P, Perry G, Chen L, et al. Effects of pressure overload on extracellular matrix expression in the heart of the atrial natriuretic peptide-null mouse. Hypertension. 2003;42:88-95 pubmedThis study tested the hypothesis that atrial natriuretic peptide has direct antihypertrophic actions on the heart by modulating expression of genes involved in cardiac hypertrophy and extracellular matrix production...
- Yu T, Moctezuma Anaya M, Kubo A, Keller G, Robertson S. The heart LIM protein gene (Hlp), expressed in the developing and adult heart, defines a new tissue-specific LIM-only protein family. Mech Dev. 2002;116:187-92 pubmed..Hlp expression is unchanged in hypertrophic hearts induced by aortic constriction. These data suggest a role for the two LIM-domain gene Hlp in the very earliest stages of heart differentiation and development. ..
- Lai W, Pakes S, Bennett M. Natural resistance to Mycoplasma pulmonis infection in mice: host resistance gene(s) map to chromosome 4. Nat Immun. 1996;15:241-8 pubmed
- Barratt K, Glanville Jones H, Arkell R. The Zic2 gene directs the formation and function of node cilia to control cardiac situs. Genesis. 2014;52:626-35 pubmed publisher..Zic2 appears to be a component of the gene regulatory network that drives ciliation of node cells during gastrulation. ..
- Horsthuis T, Houweling A, Habets P, de Lange F, el Azzouzi H, Clout D, et al. Distinct regulation of developmental and heart disease-induced atrial natriuretic factor expression by two separate distal sequences. Circ Res. 2008;102:849-59 pubmed publisherNppa, encoding atrial natriuretic factor, is expressed in fetal atrial and ventricular myocardium and is downregulated in the ventricles after birth...
- Medioni C, Bertrand N, Mesbah K, Hudry B, Dupays L, Wolstein O, et al. Expression of Slit and Robo genes in the developing mouse heart. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3303-11 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that patterned Slit-Robo signaling may contribute to the control of oriented cell growth during chamber morphogenesis of the mammalian heart. ..
- Mock B, Padlan C, Kozak C, Kidd V. The gene for mouse p58cdc2L1 (Cdc2l1) protein kinase maps to distal mouse chromosome 4. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:191-2 pubmed
- Schoensiegel F, Bekeredjian R, Schrewe A, Weichenhan D, Frey N, Katus H, et al. Atrial natriuretic peptide and osteopontin are useful markers of cardiac disorders in mice. Comp Med. 2007;57:546-53 pubmed..We compared the use of echocardiography with the determination of N-terminal propeptide of the atrial natriuretic peptide (Nt-proANP) and osteopontin (Opn)...
- Weinert S, Bergmann N, Luo X, Erdmann B, Gotthardt M. M line-deficient titin causes cardiac lethality through impaired maturation of the sarcomere. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:559-70 pubmed
- Luxan G, Casanova J, Martínez Poveda B, Prados B, D Amato G, MacGrogan D, et al. Mutations in the NOTCH pathway regulator MIB1 cause left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy. Nat Med. 2013;19:193-201 pubmed publisher..These results implicate NOTCH signaling in LVNC and indicate that MIB1 mutations arrest chamber myocardium development, preventing trabecular maturation and compaction. ..
- Gavrilov S, Harvey R, Papaioannou V. Lack of genetic interaction between Tbx20 and Tbx3 in early mouse heart development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70149 pubmed publisher..Thus the effects of Tbx20 are epistatic to Tbx3 in the heart but Tbx3 is epistatic to Tbx20 with respect to developmental delay. ..
- Stopp S, Gründl M, Fackler M, Malkmus J, Leone M, Naumann R, et al. Deletion of Gas2l3 in mice leads to specific defects in cardiomyocyte cytokinesis during development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:8029-8034 pubmed publisher..Together these results suggest that GAS2L3 plays a specific role in cardiomyocyte cytokinesis and proliferation during heart development. ..
- Wystub K, Besser J, Bachmann A, Boettger T, Braun T. miR-1/133a clusters cooperatively specify the cardiomyogenic lineage by adjustment of myocardin levels during embryonic heart development. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003793 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that myocardin positively regulates expression of miR-1/133a, thus constituting a negative feedback loop that is essential for early cardiac development. ..
- Welch C, Xia Y, Billheimer J, Strauss 3rd J, Lusis A. Assignment of the mouse sterol carrier protein gene (Scp2) to chromosome 4. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:624-5 pubmed
- Ardaillou N, Placier S, Striker L, Striker G, Ardaillou R. Mesangial cells from diabetic NOD mice constitutively express increased density of atrial natriuretic peptide C receptors. Kidney Int. 1999;55:1293-302 pubmed..cGMP accumulation after stimulation by atrial NP (ANP) or C-type NP (CNP) was markedly inhibited in D-NOD cells irrespective of the glucose concentration (6 or 20 mM) in ..
- Honrath U, Chong C, Melo L, Sonnenberg H. Effect of saline infusion on kidney and collecting duct function in atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) gene "knockout" mice. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 1999;77:454-7 pubmedb>Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is thought to play a role in renal regulation of salt balance by reducing tubular reabsorption of sodium and chloride...
- Vera N, Tse M, Watson J, Sarda S, Steinhelper M, John S, et al. Altered expression of natriuretic peptide receptors in proANP gene disrupted mice. Cardiovasc Res. 2000;46:595-603 pubmedThe atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) family is a complex system consisting of at least three polypeptides and at least three types of receptor. Each peptide interacts with different types of receptor at varying degrees of affinity...
- Mummenhoff J, Houweling A, Peters T, Christoffels V, Ruther U. Expression of Irx6 during mouse morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 2001;103:193-5 pubmed..Here, we investigated the expression pattern of Irx6 during mouse morphogenesis and early organogenesis. The pattern was found to be much more restricted compared to the other five Irx genes, and its level of expression was much lower. ..
- Chen F, Kook H, Milewski R, Gitler A, Lu M, Li J, et al. Hop is an unusual homeobox gene that modulates cardiac development. Cell. 2002;110:713-23 pubmed..Hop encodes an unusual homeodomain protein that modulates SRF-dependent cardiac-specific gene expression and cardiac development. ..
- Lush I, Hornigold N, King P, Stoye J. The genetics of tasting in mice. VII. Glycine revisited, and the chromosomal location of Sac and Soa. Genet Res. 1995;66:167-74 pubmed..The sweetness tasting gene Sac has been mapped to chromosome 4 at 8.1 +/- 3.4 cM distal to Nppa (formerly Pnd)...
- Huang Z, Young Seok H, Zhou B, Chen J, Chen J, Tao Y, et al. CIP, a cardiac Isl1-interacting protein, represses cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. Circ Res. 2012;110:818-30 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, overexpression of CIP repressed agonist-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. Our studies therefore identify CIP as a novel regulator of cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Warren S, Terada R, Briggs L, Cole Jeffrey C, Chien W, Seki T, et al. Differential role of Nkx2-5 in activation of the atrial natriuretic factor gene in the developing versus failing heart. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4633-45 pubmed publisherb>Atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) is abundantly expressed in atrial cardiomyocytes throughout ontogeny and in ventricular cardiomyocytes in the developing heart...
- Li X, Lan Y, Wang Y, Nie M, Lu Y, Zhao E. Telmisartan suppresses cardiac hypertrophy by inhibiting cardiomyocyte apoptosis via the NFAT/ANP/BNP signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:2574-2582 pubmed publisher..NFAT) contributes to cardiac hypertrophy via nuclear translocation, which induces a cascade of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and brain/Bâ€‘type natriuretic peptide (BNP) expression and cardiomyocyte apoptosis...
- Wei T, Lin H, Lu C, Chen C, You L. Expression of Crip2, a LIM-domain-only protein, in the mouse cardiovascular system under physiological and pathological conditions. Gene Expr Patterns. 2011;11:384-94 pubmed publisher..The persistence of Crip2 expression in cardiovascular tissues implies that Crip2 might exert an important impact on the cardiovascular development, maintenance and homeostasis. ..
- Chuva de Sousa Lopes S, Hassink R, Feijen A, van Rooijen M, Doevendans P, Tertoolen L, et al. Patterning the heart, a template for human cardiomyocyte development. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1994-2002 pubmed..Here, we analyzed the transcriptional distribution of Mlc-2a, Mlc-1v, Mlc-2v, and atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) in human embryonic hearts between 7 and 18 weeks of gestation and in healthy and hypertrophic ..
- Qiu Z, Cang Y, Goff S. c-Abl tyrosine kinase regulates cardiac growth and development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1136-41 pubmed publisher..Genes involved in cardiac stress and remodeling and cell cycle regulation are also up-regulated in the mutant hearts. These findings reveal an essential role for c-Abl in mammalian heart growth and development. ..
- Cao D, Wang Z, Zhang C, Oh J, Xing W, Li S, et al. Modulation of smooth muscle gene expression by association of histone acetyltransferases and deacetylases with myocardin. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:364-76 pubmed..These findings point to myocardin as a nexus for positive and negative regulation of smooth muscle gene expression by changes in chromatin acetylation. ..
- Rybkin I, Kim M, Bezprozvannaya S, Qi X, Richardson J, Plato C, et al. Regulation of atrial natriuretic peptide secretion by a novel Ras-like protein. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:527-37 pubmed..Ectopic expression of RRP17 in cardiomyocytes enhances secretion of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), a regulator of blood pressure and natriuresis...
- Huppi K, Mock B, Schricker P, D Hoostelaere L, Potter M. Organization of the distal end of mouse chromosome 4. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 1988;137:276-88 pubmed
- Zancanaro C, Merigo F, Mucignat Caretta C, Cavaggioni A. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase expression in the mouse vomeronasal organ during prenatal development. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;16:659-64 pubmed..No immunoreactivity for atrial natriuretic peptide, substance P and calcitonin gene-related peptide is present in the VNO...
- Nowotschin S, Liao J, Gage P, Epstein J, Campione M, Morrow B. Tbx1 affects asymmetric cardiac morphogenesis by regulating Pitx2 in the secondary heart field. Development. 2006;133:1565-73 pubmed..5. The results presented in this study unravel a novel Tbx1-Pitx2 pathway linking Tbx1 to asymmetric cardiac morphogenesis. ..